Infanta Cristina: Pictures as a Girl and Young Woman, Part 1 (June 2003 - Dec. 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much K!:flowers:
Is she at the Hellenic College in those pics? 'cuz it looks like she was studying or something like that...

iceflower said:
Cristina in London 1984:
It's just my impression or her legs look like the Queen's legs? :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
lisa777 said:
I have a question, does anybody know what color infanta Cristina's eyes are??

They are dark green, like a deep jade color:flowers:

I didn't know where else to put this, but I found it so beautiful I had to share it:
http://www.elmundo.es/1998/03/01/sociedad/01N0000.html

Infanta Cristina "the Angel of Lunsar"

She wanted to know the missions up close and without protocol. A doctor friend of hers advised her about an hospital of the Brothers of Saint John of God in Sierra Leone. In the Holy Week of 1994, Infanta Cristina went to Lunsar in camouflage.
«it wasn't a visit as Infanta of Spain, The government of Sierra Leone didn't even realized it», says Brother Pedro García.

As soon as she arrived to Lunsar she met Fernando Aguiló and «fell in love» with the job that the mallorquin missioner was barely making for lack of resources. Brother Fernando already directed an "hospital" with the help of other missioners and it was hard for them to do it with so much people in need...

And the Infanta was able to see the total missery of the people there and she gave a hand to them. And sometimes she even cried of impotence and anger but always in the inside. Because outside she always was with a smile for everyone. It was always like that so one day the Missioner christened her as "the Angel of Lunsar". At the end, a deep friendship was created between the princess and the missioner: Fernando Aguiló became the Infanta's missioner and the Infanta in the "angel of Lunsar".

That's why, when the Infanta found out that her missioner was kidnapped, she inmmediately called the Queen. «She called her mother every day, so she can help Brother Fernando». Then the Queen called the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the President of the Government and this one called the spanish embassador who didn't move from», explains Brother Pedro. The Queen's intervention, along with those from the Vatican State Secretary were successful.

And this is because since she met him in Lunsar, Infanta Cristina feels an special weakness for this 47 year-old mallorquín missioner . That's why, every time Brother Fernando came to holidays to Spain, he went to see his angel to Barcelona. «Every time he came, he always went to Infanta Cristina's house for dinner», says Brother Pedro.

Even more: in the moment of her wedding, she thought in the mission first: «He wanted to invited him for the wedding, but she knew he wouldn't leave the sick», says Brother Pedro. Then, she decided to send him a letter telling him to ask whatever he needed.

And logically, Fernando asked for something for his "sick people". And the Infanta made arrangements for a complete OR to be sent there, it was worth more than 20 millions.

The equipment is not in Lunsar yet, for the crisis on Sierra Leona. With a card in which she praises the work of her friend, she says goodbye and signs it with the nickname he made for her: "the Angel of Lunsar"

-------------------------///----------------------------

I don't have words to say how beautiful is this!:wub::wub::wub:

Thank you very much sis! Cristina is a beautiful woman and is a great person. I admire by both things and a great mother.:flowers: :wub:

Thank you so much!! :flowers:
I love the way she helps the people... And she helps in so many ways! :wub:

I know, that's why I put the article here...
She has done a lot to help people in Africa, both in her line of work and also as a person...:wub:

monica said:
OHH !!! Thanksss iceflower.
You are most welcome, Mon and Cris :flowers:
Cristina with her sister and father in 1987:

(Royalty M. 1987)

Woww !!!! Thankssss iceflower
I love your photos

I'm glad you liked them, Mon :flowers: :flowers:
Here is a pic of Cristina together with her cousin Alexia on the island of Mallorca in 1986 - hola:
Cristina and Alexia

Ohhhh !!! thanksss iceflower, the photo is very good.

1. For the Cristina involving in the Africa's health question, It's allways her great problematic and she is going on to take car of that. Remember she was in Sierra Leone, I beleive, as a private personn during a week while she was pregnant of four months of Irene.

It's very corageous, because when you are pregnant you have to take care for yourself before to pay attention at the health's difficulties of country not very safe.

2. For some pics that the Cristina's fans are posting in this thread, I'm not sure that the protagonist herself could be happy to see such pics which are the remember of bad memories about her silhouette.

If you had have some diet problems or some so great weight preoccupation as Cristina had, the remember of this bad periods are very often bad remember because the difficulities that you had to loose so much weight.

For Cristina it's an extraordinary exit and the proof of her fantastic will, but as we can see it's not the same thing for Alexia.

It's the reason why I don't understand very well why some of pics which aren't at all good ones for Cristina are excavated then exist so marvellous shots of the Infanta since most quiet fifteen or so years and more.

If it's to help some of us to say it's possible to lose a lot of weight and to becoming a so beatiful woman, may be, but I prefere to see Cristina as a so radiant mother very stilysh and glamourous.

I think she has always looked beautiful, even when she had some more weight on her, so I personally like to see these pics.

ladejesus said:
I think she has always looked beautiful, even when she had some more weight on her, so I personally like to see these pics.

You do ! My words was considering the diet problems which, for some people, are difficult to live.

As I was saying in my post above is to congratulate the Infanta for such efforts and to remark how today she is a very fantastic woman.

If I don't like very much the pics of her period of " weight " it's because i'm not sure it was for her, as others girl/young woman, a great moment of happyness.:flowers:

adelaide said:
2. For some pics that the Cristina's fans are posting in this thread, I'm not sure that the protagonist herself could be happy to see such pics which are the remember of bad memories about her silhouette.

If you had have some diet problems or some so great weight preoccupation as Cristina had, the remember of this bad periods are very often bad remember because the difficulities that you had to loose so much weight.

For Cristina it's an extraordinary exit and the proof of her fantastic will, but as we can see it's not the same thing for Alexia.

It's the reason why I don't understand very well why some of pics which aren't at all good ones for Cristina are excavated then exist so marvellous shots of the Infanta since most quiet fifteen or so years and more.

If it's to help some of us to say it's possible to lose a lot of weight and to becoming a so beatiful woman, may be, but I prefere to see Cristina as a so radiant mother very stilysh and glamourous.
Pardon my ignorance... but what weight problems are you talking about? :ermm:

I guess Adelaide is talking about Cristina's early adulthood where she was not as slender as she's now, but she never actually had any weight issues or eating disorders.

What I have always find beautiful about her and Alexia is their smile, their disposition to help others from their privileged positions, their kindness and no matter how much or how little they weighed, they'd still be beautiful to me:flowers:

It is not a question only of the Infanta Cristina.

The Borbones have certain trend to put on weight, and because of it if they want to support a good aspect they must look after. Recently, a journalist wrote a book on the food in the Royal House, across different epochs, and she was commenting that nowadays, they all are more or less to diet; it seems that the "excesses" are for the luncheons and dinners out of house, but that in Palace the eaten ones are light enough (I do not know if it is true or not, but initially was commented that the Princess Letizia, when she wanted to eat good, was going away from visit to house of her mother).

Besides, they all are sports enough and it also helps.

In case of the Infanta Cristina from her wedding she has started taking care much more. Iñaki was a sportsman and always he will have had to look after himself very much.

Closed thread

Time to close this thread and start a fresh one for the Pictures of Infanta Cristina as a girl and young woman.
The new thread can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed to this thread! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom