Infanta Cristina, Iñaki & Family, News & Events 16: Sep. 2017 - Jan. 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
155px-Coat_of_arms_of_Infanta_Cristina_of_Spain%2C_Duchess_of_Palma_de_Mallorca.png

Arms of Infanta Cristina

Welcome to Infanta Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarin and Family, News and Events, Part 16

Commencing September 21, 2017

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
As per Hola they will attend the 80th birthday gathering of King Juan Carlos at the Palacio de la Zarzuela before returning to Geneva?

Inaki is not in prison?

Clearly not he's in Rome from the photos above .

They were missing on the picture that was released.

Iñaki is still waiting for the final verdict as he appealed and has some restrictions such as showing up at the police station regularly so they can check on him but other than that he is still a free man for the time being.

I was hoping to see Inaki's Belgian mother with them at the Mass at the Vatican.

It is nice to see Infanta Cristina's family making a public appearance. Hopefully her health will improve soon.

Last edited:
If in fact Cristina was my daughter and looked that bad and ill, there would be no one who could keep me from her side once my husband's 80th birthday event was over. I believe all mother's are that way. It must break Sofia's heart to see her ill youngest child look so broken no matter what legal court case might have caused it .

Truth. I'm very sorry of Infanta Cristina. She's going through the most difficult phase of her life.

i am unsure what they mean by cristina being ill. the fact that she is travelling to rome and to vitoria, attending mass and still at work proves she is fine.

i am unsure what they mean by cristina being ill. the fact that she is travelling to rome and to vitoria, attending mass and still at work proves she is fine.

Not attending her father's birthday because she is ill, so therefore she vacations in Rome instead (which is far more tiring at least physically most likely not mentally) indeed doesn't sound logical.

Putting the hopefully false rumours of illness aside, Cristina has lovely children, (although I wish the eldest boy would get rid of the side burns)! Irene, in particular has really matured and has grown into a very pretty young girl.

Putting the hopefully false rumours of illness aside, Cristina has lovely children, (although I wish the eldest boy would get rid of the side burns)! Irene, in particular has really matured and has grown into a very pretty young girl.

Yes Doña Irene Urdangarín is really turning into a proper young lady ,as we don't see her that often it was nice to see her and her brothers at the Vatican Mass on January 6th.

If in fact Cristina was my daughter and looked that bad and ill, there would be no one who could keep me from her side once my husband's 80th birthday event was over. I believe all mother's are that way. It must break Sofia's heart to see her ill youngest child look so broken no matter what legal court case might have caused it .

I'm sorry, but is she known to be ill ? I don't understand your comment.

That was a reply to a deleted speculative post so please ignore ,speculative posts with no credible sources are against the rules and thus are deleted .

Guess they had a double celebration to also celebrate the king's recent birthday. Quite special that the king is coming to celebrate Iñaki (and not his daughter or one of his grand chikdren and just meet Ìñaki as a sidenote).

Never thought of it as a double family celebration and I guess it was but I doubt we will ever see photos of that family gathering!

On the contrary, I think there are people who are very interested in cleaning up their image and that we will see the photos.

It is great that Infanta Cristina will have an opportunity to see her family.

I'm not surprised either. Cristina and her family absent on January 5th, whatever the reason was, I never thought it had to do with her parents, JC and Sofia, not wanting them there, at least not Cristina and her children.
At the funeral of Infanta Alicia, both JC and Sofia broke protocol when entering the royal chapel and embraced Cristina in front of the cameras and with everyone looking, a powerful gesture towards her being still part of the family. There was no need to do this in public but they did, and by doing so, they kind of embarrassed F&L who were clearly uncomfortable with this, even more so as most people present only curtsied for the old Kings but not for the new Kings (there was a video showing this).

So if HOLA will have pictures from Geneva, I won't be surprised to see them, it's nothing compared to that gesture in the chapel.

And this whole drama will only completely unfold in the sad event of JC or Sofia passing, when the siblings will take center stage at those funerals.

Fact is that both parents support her publicly (they could do so behind closed doors), JC would not be travelling to Inaki's birthday party to Geneva if it wasnt important to him.

If Cristina believes that JC could interfere with a court of law at this stage she is really delusional.

But of course you are right, after all it was JC who tried to 'save' Inaki by sending him to Washington to get the whole issue out of sight, out of mind, but it didn't work out. So I guess JC has already done whatever was possible for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
The King and the Queen of Spain did not atend the Birthday.
JC may do what he wants now. He loves so much Christina (crying at his wedding) and his grandchildren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom