The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-30-2020, 11:23 PM
Heir Apparent

How is that even prison. I'm sorry I am just use to the US penitentiary system where when you get sebt to prison you are there 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, and 365 days a year depending on how long one's sentence is. Here in the US at best he could get visitation from his family. That's it... I hope he realizes and appreciates how good he has it.

Old 01-01-2021, 11:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
How is that even prison. I'm sorry I am just use to the US penitentiary system where when you get sebt to prison you are there 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, and 365 days a year depending on how long one's sentence is. Here in the US at best he could get visitation from his family. That's it... I hope he realizes and appreciates how good he has it.
In the U.S. he probably wouldn't have gone to prison. If he was even convicted, he would have gotten house arrest or a few months in a white-collar minimum security facility.

Old 01-01-2021, 11:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
The US penitentiary system is extremely focused on penalties while in most EU countries the focus is far more on rehabilitation. After all: in the end citizens have to return in society. Usually a program is arranged for the reintegration in society.

That is why many penitentiary systems use community service as part of the reintegration. Iñaki is exactly in such a program at a facility centre for the disabled, where he has to work for free as part of his sanction.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:01 AM
Administrator

The Christmas break is over and Iñaki returned to his volunteer work at the Don Orione Centre today, January 6:

** hola article: Iñaki Urdangarin retoma la rutina tras pasar la Navidad en familia **
Old 01-13-2021, 03:34 PM
Administrator

A new relaxation in the penal system for Iñaki. He now lives at the Melchor Rodríguez García De Alcalá De Henares Social Insertion Center and was pictured arriving there today:

** hola article: Iñaki Urdangarin acude por primera vez a su nuevo centro de inserción social ** translation **
Old 01-13-2021, 03:46 PM
Majesty

So, the change that was announced on December 30 has now been implemented. I guess that means that he is no longer in isolation while imprisoned.

The article also mentions that his 'Christmas break' was the first since last February. He was entitled to about 7 temporary releases for the year (or so), so Covid-19 impacted his life in prison significantly as for quite some time he was not allowed to do his voluntary work (which meant be among other people several days a week) and his permission to leave once in awhile to visit family had come to a complete stop for 10 months.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:01 PM
Majesty

Iñaki Urdangarin enjoys his semi freedom and visits Infanta Elena.
He celebrates his new life at the duchess of Lugo's house and surrounds her family.

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/2021...-infanta-elena
Old 02-20-2021, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Pablo was filmed arriving in Madrid yesterday evening to spend some days with his father:

** hola article with video: Pablo Urdangarin llega a Madrid para estar unos días con su padre **
Old 02-20-2021, 06:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Is Inaki on the time-out from prison?
Old 02-20-2021, 07:40 AM
Courtier

No, he is on semi-release. He volunteers during the day and then has the afternoon and evening free. He sleeps at a residence for others on semi-release.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:02 AM
Majesty

Iñaki Urdangarin and Cristina de Borbón-Dos Sicilias were photographed taking a walk in Milla de Oro, Madrid.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...mpras_2961475/
Old 02-22-2021, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Duke of Calabria's sister has always been close to the Spanish RF.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The Duke of Calabria's sister has always been close to the Spanish RF.

Aren't they related? I believe she is a great-great-granddaughter of King Alfonso XII, which would make her Infanta Cristina's third cousin if I am counting it correctly.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:33 AM
Majesty

Cristina de Borbón-Dos Sicilias is one of Infanta Cristina's best friends.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Aren't they related? I believe she is a great-great-granddaughter of King Alfonso XII, which would make her Infanta Cristina's third cousin if I am counting it correctly.
Yes they're cousins ,her late father the Infante Don Carlos, Duke of Calabria was a 1st cousin of King Juan Carlos.
Old 02-23-2021, 12:58 PM
Royal Highness

Isn’t her husband godfather to one of Cristina and Inaki’s children?
Old 02-23-2021, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
Isn’t her husband godfather to one of Cristina and Inaki’s children?
Yes Pedro López-Quesada (husband of Princess Cristina of Bourbon-Two Sicilies) is the godfather to Doña Irene Urdangarín.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Yes Pedro López-Quesada (husband of Princess Cristina of Bourbon-Two Sicilies) is the godfather to Doña Irene Urdangarín.
Thanks! I knew I remembered seeing pictures of him at one of the baptisms.
Old 03-04-2021, 05:37 AM
Majesty

The first images of Iñaki Urdangarin going to work in Vitoria.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...madre_2977144/
Old 03-04-2021, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Spanish hola has a video and some photos of his first day at work:

** hola: Iñaki Urdangarin acude en bici a su primer día de trabajo en un bufete de abogados de Vitoria **

Tags
cristina, iñaki, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, irene urdangarín, juan urdangarín, miguel urdangarin, news, pablo urdangarín