Infanta Cristina, Iñaki & Family, News & Events 16: Sep. 2017 - Jan. 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duke of Calabria's sister has always been close to the Spanish RF.

The Duke of Calabria's sister has always been close to the Spanish RF.

Aren't they related? I believe she is a great-great-granddaughter of King Alfonso XII, which would make her Infanta Cristina's third cousin if I am counting it correctly.

Last edited:
Cristina de Borbón-Dos Sicilias is one of Infanta Cristina's best friends.

Aren't they related? I believe she is a great-great-granddaughter of King Alfonso XII, which would make her Infanta Cristina's third cousin if I am counting it correctly.

Yes they're cousins ,her late father the Infante Don Carlos, Duke of Calabria was a 1st cousin of King Juan Carlos.

Isn’t her husband godfather to one of Cristina and Inaki’s children?

Yes Pedro López-Quesada (husband of Princess Cristina of Bourbon-Two Sicilies) is the godfather to Doña Irene Urdangarín.

In the magazine Vanitatis there is this picture in the framework of Queen Máxima's 50th birthday: the Orange-Nassaus in a family daytrip with the Urdangaríns. This means that the private relationship of the royals also stretches to "junior' royals we usally never think about:

https://www.ecestaticos.com/image/clipping/640/360/c8facd7e0a438e55ed294670264b805b/11-05-2008.jpg

I think this friendship is well known, I even remember a picture of Maxima and Cristina after the Noos scandal broke (IMO the picture above is before the scandal).

I am not familiar with any photos of Queen Máxima and the infanta that date after the scandal, though they did both attend the funeral of Prince Kardam of Bulgaria. Although I would not be surprised if they meet in private, also considering the closeness with the Greek royals. The relations between Máxima and Letizia have appeared frosty to me for some time now, at Windsor they did not exchange a word nor a look. But that can be over-interpertation on my part of course, based on a short clip.

I am not familiar with any photos of Queen Máxima and the infanta that date after the scandal, though they did both attend the funeral of Prince Kardam of Bulgaria. Although I would not be surprised if they meet in private, also considering the closeness with the Greek royals. The relations between Máxima and Letizia have appeared frosty to me for some time now, at Windsor they did not exchange a word nor a look. But that can be over-interpertation on my part of course, based on a short clip.

Mwoah, remember the arrival at Barajas when the Prince and Princess of Asturias picked up the new King and Queen of the Netherlands? There was plenty of animation between the two couples.

Doña Letizia is maybe a bit more introvert. For an example: Máxima, Elena and Cristina have been seen in full Andalucian mode (lately also Elena's daughter Doña Victoria Frederica in a splendid carriage, dressed muy sevillana). Queen Máxima was seen singing and dancing in the casetas (pavillions) at the Feria in Sevilla.

For some reason I can not imagine Queen Letizia doing the same, but Elena and Cristina: yes. But I think the relationship between Felipe/Letizia and Willem-Alexander/Máxima is excellent.

Last edited:

I don't know if they are friendly, but I believe that all of the royals had already been together earlier that morning. I don't think it was Letizia's and Maz's first opportunity to talk while they were waiting for the Knights of the Garter to appear.

It was strange to me that Letizia was kind of by herself (figuratively- small area for everyone), while others were talking with Maxima. Then the Duchess of Glouchester then saved the day, IMHO, introduced Letizia to another woman, and began an animated conversation.

I don't know if they are friendly, but I believe that all of the royals had already been together earlier that morning. I don't think it was Letizia's and Maz's first opportunity to talk while they were waiting for the Knights of the Garter to appear.

It was strange to me that Letizia was kind of by herself (figuratively- small area for everyone), while others were talking with Maxima. Then the Duchess of Glouchester then saved the day, IMHO, introduced Letizia to another woman, and began an animated conversation.
As I remember it Letizia was having a long chat with Sophie Wessex when Brigitte approached them and introduced her to Zenouska Mowatt (the granddaughter of Princess Alexandra who often accompanies her grandmother to public functions).

I’m sure Cristina and the children, at least, were invited and would have been genuinely welcome. The Greek and extended Borbon families have never shunned her. The Hola article says Inaki participated in some sort of commemorative event with the team in Barcelona over the weekend, and between that and Pablo playing his first game, I’m not surprised she chose to stay.

Anyway, well done to Pablo - that’s quite an achievement!

Hopefully they had a peaceful and relaxing family holiday at Baqueira Beret over Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom