Infanta Cristina, Iñaki & Family, News & Events 16: Sep. 2017 - Jan. 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On March 21 Urdangarin was to appear in court to hear his fate. Anyone know what that is? I don't read Spainish, but it seems El Pais was saying 10 years.

the hotel where she stayed in mozambique was the only one to tweet about how delighted they are to host her. i guess this is as much 'official' recognition as she will get.

----

on other news, the buyer of cristina and inaki's spanish home in barcelona was made known. it is Laith Pharaon, a good friend of JC and an investor closely connected to the saudi arabian royal family.

JC was in saudi arabia some months ago, it wouldn't surprise me if he moved his relations to get this deal to close.

https://www.ara.cat/estils_i_gent/conegut-Joan-Carles-dUrdangarin-Barcelona_0_1997800363.html

the hotel where she stayed in mozambique was the only one to tweet about how delighted they are to host her. i guess this is as much 'official' recognition as she will get.

----

on other news, the buyer of cristina and inaki's spanish home in barcelona was made known. it is Laith Pharaon, a good friend of JC and an investor closely connected to the saudi arabian royal family.

JC was in saudi arabia some months ago, it wouldn't surprise me if he moved his relations to get this deal to close.

https://www.ara.cat/estils_i_gent/conegut-Joan-Carles-dUrdangarin-Barcelona_0_1997800363.html

Thanks for the info, carlota. the srf have been rubbing shoulders with saudi arabia for many years, closing some lucrative deals for spain and I guess that Cristina's house will have made a good price (Andrew & Fergie's Sunninghill Park comes to my mind).
Felipe just hosted a lunch for the CP of SA in the royal palace, money excuses everything these days (goes for most other royal families/governments too of course).

I just wish they would leave her alone for at least a few months.

I just wish they would leave her alone for at least a few months.

Yes I do too and hopefully the visit from Elena will bring her some small relief.

This scandal is shocking! Who would employ him when he comes out of prison?

Connections will take care of that, there is still enough support for Cristina within family and friends, if Inaki wants a well paid job of whatever kind he will get it.

Thanks for the info, carlota. the srf have been rubbing shoulders with saudi arabia for many years, closing some lucrative deals for spain and I guess that Cristina's house will have made a good price (Andrew & Fergie's Sunninghill Park comes to my mind).
Felipe just hosted a lunch for the CP of SA in the royal palace, money excuses everything these days (goes for most other royal families/governments too of course).

Obviuously, the King didn't host a lunch for the Saudi CP because some Arab investor bought his sister's home. Official visits like that are organized by the Spanish government and Felipe was acting under instructions of the Spanish foreign ministry.

Sometimes, I have the impression that posters on these forums are unaware that constitutional monarchs in modern Europe have de facto no power or influence and that all they do officially is directed by the government.

BTW, there is nothing wrong about an Arab investor buying Cristina's home, even if it is true that her father brokered the deal. Arab tycoons routinely invest in real estate in Europe and that is perfectly legal.

Last edited:
Please note that speculative posts with no credible sources are against the rules and thus are deleted .

Is she sitting next to her mother-in-law or am I mistaken? They've always been very close with the Urdangarins. I assume the others in the pictures are also family members.

Is she sitting next to her mother-in-law or am I mistaken? They've always been very close with the Urdangarins. I assume the others in the pictures are also family members.

Yes Infanta Cristina is indeed sitting beside her mother in law,Claire Liebaert.

Some more photos have been released today, this time of Cristina with her sister-in-law Lucia Urdangarin and their daughters shopping in France on August 21:

** gettyimages gallery **

A rare public appearance:

Infanta Cristina - together with Prince Albert of Monaco - attended the launch of the "Dali, a History of Painting" exhibition at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco yesterday, July 5:

** Pic ** rex gallery **

I expected as much. I am sure the wider family is happy to be able to celebrate Christmas together this year; and they clearly did not go into hiding. According to Hola, Iñaki asked for a one-week break but received 'only' 4 days; not sure why. He will have to return on Saturday.

Do we know who the girl walking between Juan and Irene is? Is it a cousin or could it be Juan's girl friend?

According to this article, Juan will officially move to Madrid (he is currently studying in the UK), so his father will have 'home' to go to when he will move from his current 'second grade' regime to a 'third grade' regime which provides even more freedom of movement. For his current 'second grade' regime he needed to have served 1/4 of his sentence (a condition he met last month). He needs to have served half of his sentence to be eligible for this 'third grade' regime.

When his 'volunteer work' was challenged, the judge concluded that Iñaki may receive certain freedom based on him posing 'low threat' and 'zero risk of escape'. He, for example, drives himself to his volunteer job twice a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
After Inaki has completed his sentence/punishment, i hope that he will be left in peace in order to be able to rebuild his life and re-connect with his family.:ermm:

I also hope that when Iñaki serves the prison sentence, he will be left alone for him to rebuild his life in a peaceful way. We all deserve a second chance.
Iñaki is fortunate that the family has always been on his side.

It was a surprise to see the family attending Christmas Day Mass in Vitoria but it was also nice to see Claire Liebaert .

a good move in my opinion to 'be seen' - the least you want is for them to go into hiding and the press to hype his 'first exit from prison'.

interesting how cristina continues to stand by her husband despite the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom