Infanta Cristina, Iñaki & Family, News & Events, Part 15 (March 2011 - Sep. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, this is not on her role as a royal, but on her role with the aga khan foundation, ie. her job after she was dinged from any royal duties.

she's clearly not looking very happy in that picture... one can sense the tension.

I think it is a bit strange to see her on duty again... She is, after all, under a trial, and I feel embarassed for her...:ermm:

I think it is a bit strange to see her on duty again... She is, after all, under a trial, and I feel embarassed for her...:ermm:
But she was not on royal duty! As lula said: the Infanta has a payed job with some foundations. That is how she earns a living. She can't be expected to quit her job because there is still no verdict.
Cristina also attends the Development Summit of the UN. She now works as a representative of Caixa Foundation and Aga Khan Foundation in the United Nations Institutions in Geneva.

https://twitter.com/pgovejero/status/647758435220615169

she's not 'on duty', she is there as a private person who works for the Aga Khan Foundation.

she's not 'on duty', she is there as a private person who works for the Aga Khan Foundation.

But she was not on royal duty! As lula said: the Infanta has a payed job with some foundations. That is how she earns a living. She can't be expected to quit her job because there is still no verdict.

I know. I expressed myself in a wrong way! I wanted to say that it is strange to see her working. That's all!

What ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? And by proven guilty I mean a sentence by a judge, not prejudgment by the public.

best wishes Michiru

What ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? And by proven guilty I mean a sentence by a judge, not prejudgment by the public.

best wishes Michiru

You are correct. But, everyone in the world has the right to express their own opinion. Their opinions don't mean a single thing in a court of law, but they are certainly within their right to express them. You and I can agree or not [doesn't matter one bit] only a court/judge will matter. Plus with this high media type of case, long after an official judgment is handed down, there will always be people that will disagree with verdict. It is the way we all are, to a certain extent.

When will we be seeing this trial? I this millenium?

:previous: Maybe when you become queen the Leonor ;)
I do not think that it serves anyone to delay the trial. Neither Cristina nor the palace. The sooner the better I think for both. Unless of course if they acquitted the Christina.

The Infanta Cristina temporarily leave his job at the Caixa

La infanta Cristina deja temporalmente su trabajo en 'La Caixa' - Diez Minutos

https://translate.googleusercontent...-caixa&usg=ALkJrhhKPplwAenw5IQN5uak33CCEWvjIA

"Dona Cristina , ten days of work in two months: is in Southeast Asia"

Doña Cristina, diez días de trabajo en dos meses: está en el sudeste asiático | loc | EL MUNDO

https://translate.googleusercontent...1.html&usg=ALkJrhipm3JuTbLQlbvCKYxV3LnktJ3g6Q

"The royal houses of the Netherlands and Norway have organized various events this year.
In Netherland is celebrated the 50th birthday of King Willem, and in Norway, the 80th anniversary of the Kings Harald and Sonia.
The Infanta Cristina and her husband, Iñaki Urdangarín, have received the invitation from the royal houses of the Netherlands and Norway to attend the events organized in Netherland for the 50th birthday of King Willem and to travel to Oslo to celebrate the 80th anniversary of the Kings Harald and Sonia .
.... but Dona Cristina has chosen not to go and maintain a low "public profile".

Doña Cristina, Infanta en Europa

https://translate.googleusercontent...734835&usg=ALkJrhjQqL_CMoCa_j7VJtny4VnI_ySh4w

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they both travelling as it seems this visit was in connection to inakis judicial process?

"The royal houses of the Netherlands and Norway have organized various events this year.
In Netherland is celebrated the 50th birthday of King Willem, and in Norway, the 80th anniversary of the Kings Harald and Sonia.
The Infanta Cristina and her husband, Iñaki Urdangarín, have received the invitation from the royal houses of the Netherlands and Norway to attend the events organized in Netherland for the 50th birthday of King Willem and to travel to Oslo to celebrate the 80th anniversary of the Kings Harald and Sonia .
.... but Dona Cristina has chosen not to go and maintain a low "public profile".

Doña Cristina, Infanta en Europa

https://translate.googleusercontent...734835&usg=ALkJrhjQqL_CMoCa_j7VJtny4VnI_ySh4w

omg, why would they even think to invite her and especially him? If that's true, that's a huge miscalculation, imo. I'm glad she's not going.

Are they not cousins? I would suspect this is the reason for the invitation.

Are they not cousins? I would suspect this is the reason for the invitation.

They are all distantly related through Christian IX of Denmark, but not nearly close enough to ignore the high profile case. Norway and the Netherlands may not be Spain, but it's still, imo, a bad idea to invite Cristina and especially Inaki given the situation.

:previous:
The royal houses in question are entitled to invite whomever they wish. Infanta Cristina chose not to attend. That is all.

Last edited:
My understanding is that there are both familial ties and bonds of real friendship between various members of royal houses. I agree that Inaki shouldn't be going to any high profile events while his appeal is ongoing, but I don't see the problem with Cristina attending events in the future should she so choose.

Not everyone turns their backs on friends and family when they're struggling, and it's not like other royal families have no skeletons in the cloest. Certainly there are/were members of the Dutch royal family and in laws who make Inaki look like a choir boy.

Oh please.

Cristina & Inaki committed a crime and have not taken responsibility for it. They don't deserve anyone's support. Did they commit the worst crime ever? No, but I have no respect for people who want to pretend they've done nothing wrong when caught. If you show no remorse, then I don't have any respect for you.

I don't think, for public events, that Cristina should be invited to anything, regardless of familial connection. It would be different if she were invited to Martha Louise's birthday as those are no longer public events. But Harald & Willem's birthdays are huge public events and I don't consider it a good idea, especially so soon after the end of the case, to invite her.

If they ever want to take responsibility for what they've done and work to get back good favor, that would be one thing. Until then, I don't agree with inviting her and him to public/official events.

These stories are quite absurd. Some journalists appear to be posting information to favor Cristina's image. In the same newspaper a few weeks ago they wanted her to return to official events in Spain (something also absurd, by law she and Elena are not members of the Royal Family, because they are sisters of the King).

The royal houses of Norway and the Netherlands have yet to announce the events or the guests.

Cristina attended royal events as a member of the Royal Family, usually accompanying her parents or the Crown Prince and Princess... Elena did too. These invitations are not personal, the Royal Family is invited and according to protocol, relationship and circumstances, some members attend. Cristina is no longer a member of the Spanish Royal Family, and she will not represent the Royal Family in those events.

Iñaki has been sentenced to more than 6 years in prison, what royal house is going to invite him to public events? It would be a scandal.

The King of Norway and the king of the Netherlands, will not make the mistake of inviting Cristina, putting King Felipe in a very difficult situation.

:previous: I suspect this may be yet another case of some Spanish so called journalists mixing things up and talking with no proper knowledge at all, really.

As far as I know, those supposed big royal celebrations with foreign royals attending have to be confirmed yet, are they not? And even if they were to be celebrated that way, we know that the SRF is quite frugal when attending those kind of events abroad, I can't picture the whole family attending. It was always Queen Sofia or F&L and just more members for weddings and so.

Not to mention the fact that it would be quite careless and/or rude from the royal households of both Norway and Netherlands to invite them to any official event knowing that they have been removed from any official event here in Spain... If the parties have some kind of official/State status there is absolutely no point on inviting them. Of course, it's different for private/familiar celebrations.

I disagree with most of you. Infanta Cristina, as far as I know, was acquitted. An acquittal, in my books, means you should treat the person who got acquitted as if nothing ever happened. That's what acquittals are for. And if you now start to treat people acquitted (by a judge, who did his job) as if they were convicted you trample the very essence of what a judical system should be for. If that happens, why have democratic states with free, independent judical systems in the first place? If you ignore their verdicts anyway?

If it was up to me, Infanta Cristina would resume Royal duties, be present for family affairs, events abroad, etc. And yes, I would even restore her Ducal title.

EDIT: Infanta Cristina's husband, who was convicted, is another story, of course. He should stay in the shadows until he served his term.

best wishes Michiru

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom