Infanta Cristina, Iñaki & Family, News & Events, Part 15 (March 2011 - Sep. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Alondra really meant that it was impossible to remain low key in Spain when her whole family had been following everywhere. Of course she can do whatever she wants including moving back to Spain. But before she makes a move, she probably should think about her children first, have their welfare on the first position, those pictures of the two older boys are simply heartbroken.

agree with everything you write except this sentence: that people make worse mistakes is of no importance.

I certainly agree with you. Spain is their mother country and have every right to spend time there and even move back permanently if they choose.
HTML:
People make much worse mistakes than Inaki and Christina.
As I understand it the final verdict has not been handed down yet. People have a right to redeem them selves and make things right. Until we have the final word in this mess let's not treat them as war criminals.

I lived in the US and my two older children were born there. As much as I liked it, I never forgot my roots or country.
Spaniards, like most Latins are very close to their origins and their homeland and family. The Urdangarins are Spaniards and they will always be. I don´t think Cristina was selfish nor was whe expecting to be embraced by the Spanish people. I think she needed the solace of her family (apart from the Queen and Elena I don´t think she got none other) but also from the Urdangarin clan who are now her safety and strength. So did their children. These children have suffered too much no matter if they are in the Us or Spain. .Juan is propbably happier now that he is with all his Urdangarin cousins.
Gosh, they say Iñaki erred, but so far nothing was decided. In my country a person is judged innocent until she is proven otherwise.

Very sad for Claire Liebaert who is belgian as I am.
First it was a great Honor to be mother in law of an Infanta, , but what a dishonor now until the end of her life.

First it was a great Honor to be mother in law of an Infanta, , but what a dishonor now until the end of her life.

I feel sorry for her because her husband died recently and part of her family live the otherside of the Atlantic.

Dishonor for the rest of her life? That´s a bit too strong. Only Go knows what will happen to the rest of our lives.

Dishonor? Infanta is the mother of four of her grand children and wife of her son. This thread is treating Inaki and Christina as if they are singlehandedly responsible for the end of mankind. If the allegations are correct they have made incredibly mistakes and shown very poor judgement. In civilized societies there are checks and balances in place for people that have not followed laws and procedures. The mother-in-law of Christina may be horrified and disappointed but I doubt she feels dishonored.

it is still a great honor, if her son and the infanta are guilty of taking bribes that is the shame, her son marrying Christina remains an honor.

Dishonor , I agree is a bit strong , but what an unexpected and difficult situation for her!

Dishonor , I agree is a bit strong , but what an unexpected and difficult situation for her!

Fair enough,Maria Olivia.Sometimes words are lost in translation and difficult is perhaps a better word.

I certainly agree with you. Spain is their mother country and have every right to spend time there and even move back permanently if they choose. People make much worse mistakes than Inaki and Christina. As I understand it the final verdict has not been handed down yet. People have a right to redeem them selves and make things right. Until we have the final word in this mess let's not treat them as war criminals.

It's really now what the posters on the TRF think, it's what the Spanish public thinks.

I lived in the US and my two older children were born there. As much as I liked it, I never forgot my roots or country.
Spaniards, like most Latins are very close to their origins and their homeland and family. The Urdangarins are Spaniards and they will always be. I don´t think Cristina was selfish nor was whe expecting to be embraced by the Spanish people. I think she needed the solace of her family (apart from the Queen and Elena I don´t think she got none other) but also from the Urdangarin clan who are now her safety and strength. So did their children. These children have suffered too much no matter if they are in the Us or Spain. .Juan is propbably happier now that he is with all his Urdangarin cousins.
Gosh, they say Iñaki erred, but so far nothing was decided. In my country a person is judged innocent until she is proven otherwise.

Without the King, Inaki wouldn't have a job right now, his partner was fired by the ESADE business school where he was a professor, Cristina herself likely would have been imputed like some other women at the similar situation. The King had allowed her and children in Mallorca, she had decided to stay with her husband in Barcelona. Since Mallorca is an official residence, not JC's personal property, it's impossible for the King to let Inaki continue enjoying summer holidays in Mallorca with the rest of RF. JC still wants to be King, right ? Thus he can't ignore the press, the public.

The first slap in the face was when Iñaki´s father died and neither the King nor the Asturias made a gesture towards them.
Mr Urdangarin was a honourable man, the grandfather of the King´s grandchildren. I read the Spanish blogs and even those who didn´t like Iñaki were incensed by this.
If the King gave Iñaki this job, good for him.
Does he have to listen to press and the public. yes, he sure does.
But he ´certainly didn´t when he went to Zambia to hunt elephants.
Oh, he apologized afterwards, so it´s okay. That´s not what I read in many places.

The first slap in the face was when Iñaki´s father died and neither the King nor the Asturias made a gesture towards them.
Mr Urdangarin was a honourable man, the grandfather of the King´s grandchildren. I read the Spanish blogs and even those who didn´t like Iñaki were incensed by this.
Oh, he apologized afterwards, so it´s okay. That´s not what I read in many places.

IMO, JC is not above reproach in many areas of his life, and that's putting it a bit mildly. I don't think he has been forgiven over the elephant trip. I don't think the Spanish people are unmindful of the evidence pointing to his role in Inaki's affairs. I sense a feeling of frustration among the Spanish people that everyone even remotely involved in this affair are not investigated fully. Of course he should have made the gesture to the Urdangarin family who by all accounts are honorable people, and who have NOTHING to do with the current predicament of the SRF. JC appears to have taken the approach that it is every man for himself in this debacle. However, such actions do not go unnoticed by the Spanish public. He will do what it takes to preserve the monarchy, but only if it suits him. He certainly won't pass the throne to his son.

JC is a man who does what suits him, and doesn't do what doesn't suit him. That's all you need to know about him, IMO. Just ask his wife.

Do we know that they did not make any gestures toward Inaki and his family when his father died? Do we know if there was personal contact behind the scene to convey condolences? If either the King or the Asturias had attended it would have been another media circus.

Do you know where this was taken? As I understood she didnt go to Mallorca, maybe she went somewhere else for a few days?

I guess it was taken in the south of France (near Biarritz) where the Palma family is on holiday with Inakis mother.

Yes, probably so. I remember that once the children went there with their cousins, whilst Iñaki and Cristina went to Nicholas wedding in Spetses.

Do you know where this was taken? As I understood she didnt go to Mallorca, maybe she went somewhere else for a few days?

It was taken in Bidart, close to Biarritz - French Basque Country.

Cristina is back in Barcelona, without husband or children
La infanta Cristina regresa a Barcelona sin Urdangarn

" Infanta Cristina ha regresado a Barcelona antes de volar definitivamente a su residencia de Washington. Allí se ha dejado ver hace unos días sin su marido ni sus hijos atendiendo unos asuntos de trabajo"

Vanitatis is pure 100% yellow journalism. Reading the whole "story" can be helpful though.

Cristina stayed in Barcelona a few days due to professional committments before flying back to Washington. What a story! :eek:

Last edited:
" Infanta Cristina ha regresado a Barcelona antes de volar definitivamente a su residencia de Washington. Allí se ha dejado ver hace unos días sin su marido ni sus hijos atendiendo unos asuntos de trabajo"

Vanitatis is pure 100% yellow journalism. Reading the whole "story" can be helpful though.

Cristina stayed in Barcelona a few days due to professional committments before flying back to Washington. What a story! :eek:

Thanks Alondra,I'm not that familiar with them,but thanks for the heads up!

It seems that the Infanta and Iñaki have thought that they have to sacrifice the whole family, to support the father... :confused:

When they were in Barcelona, the children were locked in the house and covered their faces when they saw the photographers,family even was booed at an airport. If that's the life they want to give their children, is a terribly selfish attitude. The children will go to a school where everyone knows the scandal of their father, and I really believe that they will suffer. Older kids are almost teenagers, the situation in Spain with this topic is very tense and critical ... I think it is impossible for children to escape the attacks and jokes of the classmates, or comments from the press and the people on the street.

If they wanted to leave Washington and be closer to family and Spain, they could have installed in London or Paris. Or if the parents wanted to return to Spain, they could send the older children to boarding school in London as their cousins.​​

Back to live in Barcelona, also returned to the house of the scandal and think they can have a normal life as before, is a totally unrealistic thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom