Infanta Cristina, Iñaki & Family, News & Events, Part 15 (March 2011 - Sep. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They must be moving this week if not already.

Geneva is one of the most expensive places in Europe. You can only afford life there either if you are very, very wealthy which means school fees are pocket money, or, like in Cristina's case, when people have good jobs and the company pays for the lifestyle, incl school fees. So yes, its the second golden parachute for the family after Inaki at Telefonica. I am pretty sure Cristina will not lose hers and her case will die down with time, leaving a sour aftertaste with Spaniards of course.

:previous: One can visualize the Borbons being ousted from the throne, due in part to Cristina, while Cristina maintains her job and current lifestyle in Geneva.

All the makings of a fabulous novel.

i find it rather disappointing that with such a huge corruption case they can still live up with such high standards as if nothing happened. that they can communicate that her security will cost 300k euros, when it's them who decided to leave because they can't tolerate being harrased by the press because they have been stealing money of public institutions.

i find it rather disappointing that with such a huge corruption case they can still live up with such high standards as if nothing happened. that they can communicate that her security will cost 300k euros, when it's them who decided to leave because they can't tolerate being harrased by the press because they have been stealing money of public institutions.

I agree but Cristina is a free person, she hasnt even been indicted, is not presumed guilty of anything. She can do as her pleases, Inaki will stay in Barcelona & face the possible charges, he doesnt have a job, he is the fall guy.

I find it much more disappointing that Cristina wasnt touched at all, not subject to procedures like at least officially questioning her like any other citizen would have.

Annual tuition fees cost €30,000, making it €120,000 for all four siblings.
The new Urdangarin family home doesn’t come cheap either: the 200 square metre property will cost at least €5,000 a month to rent.
Then there’s the princess’s salary, which will be bumped up to €320,000 a year as a result of the move abroad.
Private security costs will also cost €300,000 annually to be paid by the Spanish taxpayer, without including the relocation and housing of the bodyguards.

Princess's Swiss move to cost ?480k a year - The Local

IIRC well over 1/3 of Geneva's population are expads like Cristina, with companies forking out for the lavish livestyle, so she will be in good company.

Well, at the rate Spain is going there won't be anyone employed to pay those taxes. But seriously, the cost to the Spanish taxpayer is outrageous. Even immoral, IMO.

I think all governments spend money on "un-necessary" things. This just goes a little above and beyond, IMO, what the Spanish people should be responsible for. I'm with you Gracie, immoral might be a pretty good word. This whole thing with her moving is crazy.

Well you have to admire the Spanish Royals for their brazen plundering of state money and back room connections for themselves.
What do you do when your husband is in legal trouble for corruption and laundering public money AND your country is in dire financial trouble itself Do you a)live a low-key, quiet life in your home country
or do you b) get a highly paid job in the 'charity' sector, move to one of the most expensive cities in the world, enroll your children in one of the top 20 schools in the worlds (paid for by the 'charity'), live in a luxury house (paid for by the 'chairty') and take a full set of state paid bodyguards with you.

Bet you would guess option b

You know, people do terrible things every day, commit wrongdoings. What is the real issue is when they don't learn and change and grow after the behavior - where they don't see a comeupance (I know I spelled that wrong) or setback as an opportunity for growth. People can and do change. But I am sad to say I don't think this has happened here.

A little bit of remorse goes an awfully long way, as I have learned in my career. But it has to be real remorse.

Oh, well.

Caso Nos: Hacienda informa de pagos del Rey a Urdangarin y la Infanta | elmundo.es

As explained a spokesman for the King's House, the King transferred 1.2 million euros from his personal account to his daughter on loan so she could buy the home of Pedralbes, Barcelona.

The prosecution is trying to determine whether income is from offshore accounts as well as their origin. It is the first time that the King gets grawn into the economic research of Urdangarin case .

oh, lake leman is so beautiful, they chose a good place for an outing.

i'm surprised the article seems to say that now paparazzi photos of the family are worth less than prior to the noos scandal. i would have thought it was the opposite.

This is (for the lack of a better word) obscene: Cristina is basically telling the Spanish people that she and her husband can do all kinds of economic misdeeds and come up clean, being able to go to a foreign country and enjoy the same lifestyle they have always had.

I feel mostly for her children, they will always carry that "thief" stigma with them, innocent victims of their parents ambition.

And for the King's involvement: well I really doubt someone as controlling as Juan Carlos ignored what Iñaki was doing, much less Cristina who lived with him, I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the family had invested or had been involved with this whole issue.

What a mess.

Is she clever enough to have an international work due to the Aga Khan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom