The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2022, 04:00 AM
Administrator

Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarin Announce Separation; Jan. 2022

***Please Keep this thread factual and mannerly and no off topic or Speculative Posts ***

Spanish magazine Lecturas claims to have pictured Inaki with another woman.

The photo on the cover of the magazine though isn't that convincing yet, it could be any other man:

** lecturas article: EXCLUSIVA Iñaki Urdangarin, con otra mujer mientras la infanta Cristina vive en Suiza **

Old 01-19-2022, 04:49 AM
Majesty

Apparently, inside the magazine there are more photos where they appear holding hands and hugging....

First reactions to photos of Iñaki Urdangarin with another woman:

Pablo Urdangarin: "These are things that happen, we will talk about it among ourselves". "We're fine, we're all calm, we're going to love each other the same and nothing else is needed."
https://www.telecinco.es/elprogramad...orial_articulo

https://www.europapress.es/chance/re...119134008.html

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/2022...os-otra-mujer/

Infanta Elena in silence when faced with questions from journalists.
https://www.telecinco.es/elprogramad...269447131.html

https://www.europapress.es/chance/re...119103503.html

https://www.europapress.es/chance/re...119173238.html

Infanta Margarita's reaction:
https://www.europapress.es/chance/re...119145340.html

The reaction of Maria Zurita, daughter of Infanta Margarita:
https://www.europapress.es/chance/re...119150816.html

Victoria Federica, daughter of Infanta Elena, did not react at all well when asked about photos of Iñaki Urdangarin.
https://www.europapress.es/chance/ge...119171606.html

Old 01-19-2022, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Pity! A clear cut - an officially announced separation/divorce first before starting something new - would have been better.
Old 01-19-2022, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Weren't they all recently on holidays over Christmas?

And is it defiantly Inaki?

He might not have a fancy woman and its a case of mistaken identity?

Its really nasty of those 'journalists' to ask such personal question to the children and Infanta Elena.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
First reactions to photos of Iñaki Urdangarin with another woman:

Pablo Urdangarin: "These are things that happen, we will talk about it among ourselves". "We're fine, we're all calm, we're going to love each other the same and nothing else is needed."
https://www.telecinco.es/elprogramad...orial_articulo

Infanta Elena in silence when faced with questions from journalists.
https://www.telecinco.es/elprogramad...269447131.html
An interesting development for sure. Let us not get ahead of ourselves, but, in the hypothetical event that Cristina and Iñaki get a divorce, would that help Cristina's rehabilitation in Spain?

I know that in the eyes of most Spaniards, Cristina is guilty. But let us not forget that, whereas Iñaki served time, Cristina was acquitted by the Spanish courts of any wrongdoing. Must she live in exile in Switzerland forever?

EDIT: BTW, what's with the Spanish press to chase Pablo Nicolás all the time in Barcelona? Is it because he is the most accessible among Cristina's children?
Old 01-19-2022, 08:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
An interesting development for sure. Let us not get ahead of ourselves, but, in the hypothetical event that Cristina and Iñaki get a divorce, would that help Cristina's rehabilitation in Spain?

I know that in the eyes of most Spaniards, Cristina is guilty. But let us not forget that, whereas Iñaki served time, Cristina was acquited by the Spanish courts of any wrongdoing. Must she live in exile in Switzerland forever?

EDIT: BTW, what's with the Spanish press to chase Pablo Nicolás all the time in Barcelona? Is it because he is the most accessible among Cristina's children?
Infanta Cristina does not live in Spain because she works in Switzerland, at the Aga Khan Foundation, and some of her children study there. But whenever she wants, she can move to Spain. I believe that with a possible divorce she can get closer to the family, especially Felipe and appear in public with the family without problems. Christina was acquitted.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

I think he's the only one residing in Spain as he's studying in Barcelona
I believe he's 8th in the Line of Succession also.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Supposing from Pablo's diplomatic answer, something is up in fact :(
Old 01-19-2022, 09:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have to say, that I am not even sure that this is Inaki. It could be the back of anyone. Of course, why would the journalist take a picture of just anyone and then say it is Inaki? If true then Pablo's words are a bit telling. Nothing surprises me anymore with Inaki and Christina.
Old 01-19-2022, 09:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I have to say, that I am not even sure that this is Inaki. It could be the back of anyone. Of course, why would the journalist take a picture of just anyone and then say it is Inaki? If true then Pablo's words are a bit telling. Nothing surprises me anymore with Inaki and Christina.
Exactly, if you run such a story, there is no mistaken identity. The pictures are out in the open, it's clear that it is him. Maybe the journos were even tipped off to get the story out. Cristina is a private person in that respect, she would not announce a separation anyway.
I am actually surprised it lasted that long, there have been lots of rumors of Inakis infidelity.
Old 01-19-2022, 09:38 AM
Nobility

I really didn't expect It.
Hola says that Cristina is calm, phoned JC yesterday to tell him and doesn't yet know if she'll make any decision. (Perhaps because it's not the first time she may think it's up to her but Iñaki brazenly putting himself in this public position may mean that he's the one ready to end the marriage)
I wonder what JC thinks about this. First because he really pushed Cristina to divorce Iñaki when their financial scandal came to light, if she hadn't chosen Iñaki he would have kept her in the Royal fold and instead he had to banish her from his abdication...
And secondly because he's done the same to her mother.
Old 01-19-2022, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

I agree. The time to divorce Inaki was in the thick of the NOOS scandal but she remained steadfastly by his side...now this.

I thought if they got through that they would make it through anything.

In a way it shouldn't be surprising if this is the way it ends. When Inaki became involved with Cristina, he was repeatedly deeply involved with another woman(Carmen Cami).

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 01-19-2022, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I think Inaki was about to get engaged when he left his then-girlfriend for the Infanta.
Yes the time to divorce Inaki was much earlier but maybe the love has been one-sided for a long time and Inaki wanted out, not Cristina. By posing out in the open with a new woman Inaki got the facts straight and enforce the separation or at least put it in motion.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:42 AM
Majesty

I remember so well the Infanta's two weddings whose Husbands became duke of Lugo and Duke of Palma de Majorca.
This Glory days are over for the whole royal family.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I think Inaki was about to get engaged when he left his then-girlfriend for the Infanta.
Yes the time to divorce Inaki was much earlier but maybe the love has been one-sided for a long time and Inaki wanted out, not Cristina. By posing out in the open with a new woman Inaki got the facts straight and enforce the separation or at least put it in motion.
Good thoughts DOM! This makes me wonder if Inaki may have stayed in the marriage at the time of the trial thinking that Christina and family would keep him out of prison? And now that he's "out", he feels he can move forward with his life without the SRF.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

I thought if they got through that they would make it through anything.
Yes I did too and I feel so sorry for the children especially Don Pablo Nicolás being badgered by the gutter press and after all they've gone through over the past few years.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:48 PM
Majesty

Royal Forums or People ?
Old 01-19-2022, 01:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Thanks - these photos look staged to me.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Thanks - these photos look staged to me.
Staged by whom though?