Infanta Cristina and Family Move to Washington, DC: Autumn 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An Ard Ri, acording to the link posted bu lula #45, yes, they are already in Washington.

Today is the first day of school for the Maryland suburbs. Hopefully, the children (and the family) will have some privacy and we won't have daily photos of them going to school.

For someone who is in McLean VA for the time being, I can say the children will love the experience. This area DC/Northern VA/Baltimore, has a lot to offer for everyone.
I am sure the Infanta and her family will make a lot of lovely memories here.

Hi donnaK. What exactly is LaCaixa Foundation. I mean what do they do and what does Cristina do for them that she can work anywhere?

La Caixa is one of leading savings bank in Europe, it sets up La Caixa Foundation to help the underprivileged like many big corporations of the world, for example GE and GE Foundation. Cristina is a social worker, last year Elena got a similar job at Mapfre Foundation.

Great to see them arriving. Hope they´ll have lots of nice souvenirs of their stay there.

Today is the first day of school for the Maryland suburbs. Hopefully, the children (and the family) will have some privacy and we won't have daily photos of them going to school.

I guess now at the beginning they get a lot of attention,
hopefully that will be reduced a bit. Yesterday, August
24, for example they also went to the zoo in Washington
and the paparazzi found them as well:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Lovely photos and so nice to see them looking so good and so in love.
Thank you for posting.

i wonder if this will mean cristina will perform some royal duties in the US in the meantime...

lovely pictures with the capitol!

Is there any news on the Infanta & Duke & their new life in Washington ?

the only agency that has news is prisma but now is down....

I don't think they'll have any problems with papparazzi here, at least from the U.S. media -- they're getting absolutely no local coverage. Other than a line in a gossip column if they attend some big social event, no one is likely to pay any attention to them.

From what I understand, the neighborhood where they live is right around the corner from me, but no "sightings" yet. I doubt I'd realize it if I saw them -- I'd probably think, "Those people look really familiar. I wonder where I know them from..."

:previous: Oh I agree. If there are any journalists interested they'd most likely be from a Spanish paper or magazine.
There are so many royals living here or in NY and no one chases them.

Saw some lovely pictures of the Infanta and her children in the park in Washington.

I'm sure they will enjoy the US, but will miss their home in Spain. How long will they be here?

The original reports said a minimum two years and if I remember correctly, an option to extend their stay after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom