Iñaki's Handball Career: During & After

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tina

Courtier
City
Irgendwo im Nirgendwo
Country
Germany
Iñaki at work ;)

SYDNEY 2000: HANDBALL - SPAIN-GERMANY SEMI-FINAL.
Original caption: Inaki Urdangarin in action against Germany.

© LANGEVIN JACQUES/CORBIS SYGMA

Date Photographed: September 26, 2000

0000372606-003 (RM)
TRIBUTE TO HANDBALL PLAYER INAKI URDANGARIN
Original caption: Speech by Inaki Urdangarin who put an end to his career after the Sydney Olympic Games.

© DESPOTOVIC DUSKO/CORBIS SYGMA

Photographer: DUSKO DESPOTOVIC
Date Photographed: October 21, 2000

HANDBALLER INAKI URDANGARIN WILL RETIRE AFTER O.G.
Original caption: Inaki Urdangarin, one of Barcelona's best handball players, shares a warm embrace with the president of Barcelona FC, evidently moved by his decision.

© MAURY CHRISTIAN/CORBIS SYGMA

Date Photographed: May 30, 2000

SYDNEY 2000: HANDBALL SPAIN/YUG WITH ROYAL FAMILY
Original caption: Inaki Urdangarin, Captain of the Spanish team.

© ORBAN THIERRY/CORBIS SYGMA

Date Photographed: September 30, 2000

BARCELONA:INAKI URDANGARIN'S FAREWELL TO HANDBALL
Original caption: Portrait of Inaki Urdangarin. He is putting an end to his career as a professional handball-playe-r.

© CORBIS SYGMA

Date Photographed: March 31, 2001

TRIBUTE TO HANDBALL PLAYER INAKI URDANGARIN
Original caption: Reception in honor of handball player Inaki Urdan -garin, husband of Infanta Cristina. He has retired from professional sports and is seen here (right)with his wife and his father J-M Urdangarin

Date Photographed: October 21, 2000

INFANTA CRISTINA GIVES BIRTH TO A BOY.
Original caption: Inaki Urdangarin leaving the Teknon clinic in Barcelona.

© MAURY CHRISTIAN/CORBIS SYGMA

Date Photographed: October 1, 1999
Location Information: BARCELONE, Catalonia, Spain

- I wonder, if he's showing how tall the baby boy is? ;)

SPANISH ROYAL FAMILY AT BREITLING REGATTA
Original caption: Inaki Urdangarin sailing the 'Azur de Puig.'

Date Photographed: July 23, 1999
Location Information: PALMA DE MAJORQUE, ILE DE MAJORQUE, Spain

SYDNEY 2000: HANDBALL - SPAIN-GERMANY SEMI-FINAL.
Original caption: Inaki Urdangarin in action for Spain during the quarter-final clash with Germany.

© LANGEVIN JACQUES/CORBIS SYGMA

Date Photographed: September 26, 2000

THE FIREARMS OF INAKI URDANGARIN, THE FIANCE OF CRISTINA

© CONTIFOTO/CORBIS SYGMA

Date Photographed: April 1, 1997

Attachments

• zz.JPG
    zz.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 553
  • z.JPG
    z.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 427
  • z.JPG
    z.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 414
  • zz.JPG
    zz.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 418
  • z.JPG
    z.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 451
  • z.JPG
    z.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 452
  • zz.JPG
    zz.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 425
  • z.JPG
    z.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 423
  • zz.JPG
    zz.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 370
  • u.JPG
    u.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 447
Last edited by a moderator:
Original caption: Inaki Urdangarin, captain of the Spanish team, receiving the bronze medal for his team.

Original caption: Inaki Urdangarin, husband of Infanta Elena of Spain and Captain of the Spanish team with the bronze medal awarded to the team.

Attachments

• zzz.JPG
    zzz.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 412
  • zz.JPG
    zz.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 461
Iñaki's career after handball?

sorry if this is a dumb question, :blink: but was wondering if anyone can shed light on what Inaki is doing now that he's not in professional handball?

thks!! :flower:

He graduated from a university program several years ago and I thought it was in business? There were lots of pictures at the time and I think Cristina may have been pregnant with Pablo at the ceremony. But Queen Sofia and Inaki's parents also attended the ceremony.

I read around that time, too, that he was going to be a consultant for an athletic company. Not sure what he would be consulting on, whether it was equipment, clothing, techniques, etc., though.

Barcelona, Spain. Inaki Undargarin, husband of Infanta Cristina, celebrated his 36th birthday yesterday in Barcelona, the city where the couple lives. After a day at work, the Duke of Palma Mallorca went to pick up his youngest son at the nursery school, where his son Miguel gave his father a nice 'Happy Birthday Daddy' drawing. In the evening, the Dukes of Palma Mallorca attended a play at the Tivoli Theatre where they enjoyed the play 'Art' featuring Argentinian actor Ricardo Darin. Inaki Undargarin has been proposed to become the vice president of the Spanish Olympic Committee.

Attachments

• inaki_cristina.jpg
    inaki_cristina.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 372
  • inaki.jpg
    inaki.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 376
  • inaki_2.jpg
    inaki_2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 363
  • miguel_1.jpg
    miguel_1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 491
  • miguel_2.jpg
    miguel_2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 396
  • miguel_4.jpg
    miguel_4.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 418
The couple arrived the theatre smiling while Duke of Palma Mallorca surrounded his wife with his arm. In other hand, Iñaki Urdangarín received a very special present, as he knew he will be named as the first vice-president of Spanish Olympic Committee. 01/15/2004. Dukes of Palma Mallorca attended the theatre to watch “Art”, the play starring by the Argentinan actor Ricardo Darín, in the 36th birthady of Iñaki Urdangarín.

Ugh, not so sure about Inaki's pants here. Don't know why I didn't notice them before ...

Attachments

• urdangarin.jpg
    urdangarin.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 631
Hi i know Inaki used to be a sportman, but no sure what is he working as now?

Originally posted by Duke@Apr 18th, 2004 - 6:45 am
Hi i know Inaki used to be a sportman, but no sure what is he working as now?
From previous discussions here, I think the understanding is that he is now on the Spanish Olympic committee. Prior to that he had received a business degree and was working with a Spanish sports company.

From previous discussions here, I think the understanding is that he is now on the Spanish Olympic committee. Prior to that he had received a business degree and was working with a Spanish sports company. [/b]

ok thanks!! At first i thought he running a business or some sort!! Do you know how they meet and come togther. I think they really make a nice couple and i wishes them that forever. ;) Nice to see him holding his youngest son's hand in some picture. It is so cute and fatherly :rolleyes:

i've read he was working in some kind of men magazine. at least the members 'nomine-ed' him as the bussiness manager or something like that...
don't know if it's reliable info... :huh:

Originally posted by carlota@Apr 18th, 2004 - 10:36 am
i've read he was working in some kind of men magazine. at least the members 'nomine-ed' him as the bussiness manager or something like that...
don't know if it's reliable info... :huh:
I've never heard of anything about a men's magazine. How long ago and from which publication or media source did you read this?

My understanding was that that the company Inaki was working for was a sports clothing and equipment company in which he did consultation work.

BARCELONA - JUNE 27: Torchbearer Inaki Urdangarin carries the Olympic Flame during the ATHENS 2004 Olympic Torch Relay on June 27, 2004 in Barcelona, Spain. The Olympic Flame travels to 34 cities in 27 countries en route to the Athens 2004 Olympic Games.

Pic from Getty Images

More pics from WireImage:

Here

Btw, Xicamaluca: thanks for that latest pics! ;)

Originally posted by isabella_@Jun 30th, 2004 - 10:58 am
BARCELONA - JUNE 27: Torchbearer Inaki Urdangarin carries the Olympic Flame during the ATHENS 2004 Olympic Torch Relay on June 27, 2004 in Barcelona, Spain. The Olympic Flame travels to 34 cities in 27 countries en route to the Athens 2004 Olympic Games.

Pic from Getty Images
Is there a closer picture of Inaki with the Olympic flame? I don't have an account at Wire Images and cannot make them bigger ... :(

isabella_ said:
Hey! There are some news today!
First, the Infanta Cristina has been with the King in Barcelona to open a museum called "Cosmocaixa", but I haven't got any photo yet; and in the second place... Iñaki Urdangarín is very near to the presidency of the COE (Spanish Olimpic Committee).

Here I have two articles about that: (they're in Spanish)

http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,537813,00.html

http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_date=20040923&xref=20040923dasdaiopi_11&type=Tes&anchor=dasmas

;)
Good for Inaki! As a recent-Olympic competing athlete himself I think he would have lots of insight and experience foro the job.

Out of curiosity, is the presidency of the Olympic committee a paying job or is it more of an honour and prestige thing? I imagine that such a position would take up a significant amount of Inaki's time and away from whatever job he is currently holding.

Alexandria said:
Good for Inaki! As a recent-Olympic competing athlete himself I think he would have lots of insight and experience foro the job.

Out of curiosity, is the presidency of the Olympic committee a paying job or is it more of an honour and prestige thing? I imagine that such a position would take up a significant amount of Inaki's time and away from whatever job he is currently holding.
Alexandria I'm not sure, but I think that the presidency of the Olympic Committee is a paying job, because since Iñaki is the vice-president of the committee I believe that he isn't working at another job, as he has done before, so... :confused:
and I also think that in Spain almost all the "public works" like this are paying...

Attachments

• infantacristina-1b.jpg
    infantacristina-1b.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 768
  • Sem título.JPG
    Sem título.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 755
  • infantacristina-3b.jpg
    infantacristina-3b.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,442
  • inaki-urdangarin-4b.jpg
    inaki-urdangarin-4b.jpg