Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 2 (2015 - 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens to the Infanta (great jobs, good salaries) happens to almost all royal children in reigning monarchies. It comes with the package of belonging to a family in the top of the social pyramid.

Doña Cristina already lived a luxury lifestyle before Urdangarín became an executive of NOOS, so the big house and big lifestyle was not connected to NOOS per sé.

What happens to the Infanta (great jobs, good salaries) happens to almost all royal children in reigning monarchies. It comes with the package of belonging to a family in the top of the social pyramid.

Doña Cristina already lived a luxury lifestyle before Urdangarín became an executive of NOOS, so the big house and big lifestyle was not connected to NOOS per sé.

I agree with you - usually 'golden jobs' are given to family members by friends and connections, eg the job Cristina currently holds, provided by the Aga Khan. Elena's husband Jaime held a similar job during the marriage.

Inaki is different, because he was too arrogant and stupid to accept such a job (he turned down a 200.000 Euro per year job at Laureus because he felt it it was not good enough), he wanted to provide all the luxury life by himself, so he started doing shady deals involving public money because of his status, son in law of the King, and the 'business' went well. He funded the extra-luxurious lifestyle on stealing public money (JC even recommended him). Yes, Cristina is a rich woman (she'll become really weathly when her parents pass away), but Inaki wanted more, he wanted to show off what he created, what a great business guy he was and his wife looked the other way. People already started asking questions when they bought and renovated the Pedralbes house, way over the top for Inaki.

In the end the King had to force Inaki to take a 'golden job', Telefonica in Washington, to get him out of the way, but it was already too late, because the economic situation was turning to the worse and the King thought it was a good idea to shoot an elephant in Africa, both incidents made public opinion change and people taking a closer look to the dealings of the SRF. Cristina became a scapegoat because she did not want to do what the public relation department asked her to do, back down and be quiet.

You are right lula, no RF is white and clean, but over the years people could witness some difference of behaviour with all family members, when in public and in private, what leads to the thought that they are all hypocrites:

Juan Carlos: travelling to Africa with his mistress and shooting an elephant, nobody would have known had he not broken his hip, in times of economic hardship
Sofia: travelling to Washington and posing with Inaki, who was already accused of stealing public money, for pictures, smiling, after the scandal broke, in times of economic hardship
Felipe: not doing anything about it for years, still posing smiling with Inaki on his birthday shortly before the scandal became public
Letizia: not in connection with Cristina and Inaki but her yoga friend, involved in a credit card scandal, labelling the magazines writing about it as 'sh*t', assuring her friendship, 'to hell with the rest', meaning everybody outside their circle = the public.

Last edited:
The big house was bought with money from Noos, help from Juan Carlos and a mortgage loan very beneficial to them from the bank where Cristina works. Before they lived in a flat, in a nice neighborhood, but much smaller... The doubt of how they were able to buy that great house and pay for the great reform always existed.

For example, Infanta Elena and Marichalar lived for many years renting in a flat that was owned by a friend, it is known that Jaime de Marichalar was able to buy his own house with the help of an inheritance he received from an aunt.

Iñaki was a handball player, that in Spain is a secondary sport, did not win the money of a soccer player. It was when he left the sport, that he started with business ... he wanted to succeed and earn money fast, without the necessary experience and intelligence to handle those businesses.

[...] ... he wanted to succeed and earn money fast, without the necessary experience and intelligence to handle those businesses.

In all alleged corruption cases in all countries it shows that also people with necessary experience and intelligence to handle those businesses are waaaaay open for "deals". It happens to the best and the brightest. Manipulation of the LIBOR interest rate by the top banks. Manipulation of the software of Volkswagens so that test results of diesel pollution would be more favourable than in reality. Fannie Mae and Lehman Brothers trading in worthless mortgages. Etc. The governing Partido Popular is buried in corruption. This did not prevent them to remain by far the biggest political party in Spain, by the way.

Morale of the story: whether Urdangarín was up to the job or not, experienced or not, intelligent or not: most experienced, most intelligend and most capable CEO's in the world have been open to corruption, simply because they could not resist the seduction of great wealth streaming their way.

It is a very understandable reaction of an utterly exhausted person after, as the article mentioned: "61 sessions in Court, together lasting 164 days, in six months time". And it is even more understandable seeing what the Infanta Doña Cristina herself is actually accused of. Any other Spanish citizen with the same accusation would see this case administratively dealt or maybe has to spend one afternoon in a tribunal. This was pure class justice, but then in the reverse meaning of the word.

Sorry but this is crap. She is a privileged woman living a privileged life thanks to working and middle class Spaniards. She abused her royal status thinking her husband and her had card blanche because she was an infanta. Wrong.

The wheel of justice in Spain is slow but inexorable. For everyone. Most importantly she'a been judged publicly - we don't want her in Spain. Neither the King nor the Parliament can't control her dynastic's rights, they belong to her. However, this will change when amendments to the Spanish Constitution are made following political parties' discussions on the way.

If the quotes are actually hers, I can just say: wow! or make that WOW!

Did she really say all this or do 'sources' claim she says/thinks it?
She must be under a lot of stress and seems to be burning her brigdes if these quotes are real ones.

Did she actually mention her sister-in-law or is it an interpertation by the newspaper?

The stuff about her sister in law is the dramatic interpretation from the newspaper to make the story more interesting. Letizia sells so if she can be enmeshed in the article so much the better. LOC is the gossip section of El Mundo. What they don't know they invent or embellish. Kind of like Daily Mirror.

You are right lula, no RF is white and clean, but over the years people could witness some difference of behaviour with all family members,N when in public and in private, what leads to the thought that they are all hypocrites:

There are hypocrites everywhere:

Prince Phillip - he's had several affairs along the years. Loves hunting.
Prince Andrew - he's selling his name to whoever buys it. Loves hunting.
King Gustav - several affairs. Loves hunting.
Prince Bernhard of Holland - Nazi sympathizer and "founder of WWF" - he shoot anything that moved.

Prince Phillip is quite popular despite being a misogynist, sexist and racist self.

Frankly, they can all go to hell. I want my Head of State to have principles and Felipe is a principled man.

Sorry but this is crap. She is a privileged woman living a privileged life thanks to working and middle class Spaniards. She abused her royal status thinking her husband and her had card blanche because she was an infanta. Wrong.

[...]

Explain how it is thanks to "working and middle class Spaniards" (so no low and high class Spaniards?) that Doña Cristina has a "privileged" lifestyle? She has never received one cent of income from the State.

When the Infantas did public events, the expenses of Doña Elena and Doña Cristina were reimbursed with a cap of around € 25.000,-- per person which is really nothing in comparison with other monarchies. When still a member of the Casa Real, the maximum annual reimbursement of Doña Cristina did cost 5/100th of one single Eurocent per Spaniard.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow..... thát is expensive! Chop her head off!

:sad::ohmy::ermm:

Last edited:
There are hypocrites everywhere:

Prince Phillip - he's had several affairs along the years. Loves hunting.
Prince Andrew - he's selling his name to whoever buys it. Loves hunting.
King Gustav - several affairs. Loves hunting.
Prince Bernhard of Holland - Nazi sympathizer and "founder of WWF" - he shoot anything that moved.

Prince Phillip is quite popular despite being a misogynist, sexist and racist self.

Frankly, they can all go to hell. I want my Head of State to have principles and Felipe is a principled man.

The Prince Philip having had several affairs and a love of hunting: not illegal.

The Prince Andrew selling his name to any bidder and a love of hunting: not illegal.

The King Gustav having had several affairs and a love of hunting: not illegal.

The Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands - being a (alleged) Nazi-sympathizer is not illegal. The Prince actually indeed was the founder-President of World Wildlife Fund, so no sarcastic marks needed here, and until that position the Prince -like any aristocract- was a hunter as well.

You name all "blames" which are not illegal at all but you forget the-mother-of-all-blames: Prince Bernhard "has been too easily accessible for favours by third parties" (the actual bribery has never been proven) and therefore was "punished" by a discharge from all military functions (as his "services" were connected with the gigantic mega-million-purchase of 212 F-16 fighters for the Royal Netherlands Air Force).

In comparison with this, the Infanta Doña Cristina buying a new dress at Zara with a creditcard which might possibly have had some NOOS money is nothing.

Last edited:
Explain how it is thanks to "working and middle class Spaniards" (so no low and high class Spaniards?) that the Infanta Doña Cristina has a "privileged" lifestyle? She has never received one cent of income from the State.

The monarchy in Spain ended in 1931 when by popular vote we became a Republic. It was because a dictatorship (Franco's) that Spain became a monarchy again. Cristina would had to work hard for a living had she been a minor stateless royal in Europe. Fortunately for her, her family "privileges" were restored and her expenses were paid by spanish taxpayers. Not YOU.

Spaniards expect our royals to respect our constitution and LAWS. The Undargarin's didn't.

The Prince Philip having had several affairs and a love of hunting: not illegal.

The Prince Andrew selling his name to any bidder and a love of hunting: not illegal.

The King Gustav having had several affairs and a love of hunting: not illegal.

The Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands - "Nazi sympathizer and "founder of WWF" - he shoot anything that moved: Being a Nazi-sympathizer is not illegal. He indeed was one of the founders of the World Wildlife Fund and until then he indeed was a hunter as well.

You name all "blames" which are not illegal at all but you forget one blame: the Prince Bernhard "being too easily accessible for favours by third parties" (the actual bribery has never been proven) and therefore "punished" by discharging from all military functions (as the "services" were for the gigantic purchase of 212 F-16 fighters for the Royal Netherlands Air Force). In comparison with this, the Infanta buying a new dress at Zara with a creditcard which might have had NOOS money is nothing.

What's your point? I answered a post referring to royal's being hypocritical, not illegal.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your point? I answered a post referring to royal's being hypocritical, not illegal. Take a chill pill will you?

My point is that you blame these royals for acts which are not illegal, with other words: anyone can have an opinion about it but they did not break any law.

The Infanta Doña Cristina is in tribunal because she is under suspicion of having acted illegally, against the law.

So in my personal neatly worded opinion, without any pill whatsoever, the cases of the Infanta and the three gentlemen you gave as an example are beyond comparison.

The monarchy in Spain ended in 1931 when by popular vote we became a Republic. It was because a dictatorship (Franco's) that Spain became a monarchy again. Cristina would had to work hard for a living had she been a minor stateless royal in Europe. Fortunately for her, her family "privileges" were restored and her expenses were paid by spanish taxpayers. Not YOU.

Spaniards expect our royals to respect our constitution and LAWS. The Undargarin's didn't.

You are not giving an answer. I poned down the verificable fact that neither Doña Elena nor Doña Cristina (equal to their aunts Doña Pilar and Doña Margarita) received any cent of income from the State of Spain.

That these four ladies all settled well and lead a "privileged" life is because they belong to a family which is part of the top of the social pyramid and yes, Don Juan, who never was King of Spain, already was a wealthy man himself. That his daughters and granddaughters live "well to do" is more because they are what they are and not because of the Spanish taxpayers.

The monarchy in Spain ended in 1931 when by popular vote we became a Republic. [...]

That is new to me. I understood that the municipal elections of 1931 resulted in victories (mainly in big cities) for parties favoring an end to the monarchy. Unrest broke out in these cities and King Alfonso XIII went into exile but did not abdicate.

Is that "by popular vote we became a Republic"?

My point is that you blame these royals for acts which are not illegal, with other words: anyone can have an opinion about it but they did not break any law.

The Infanta Doña Cristina is in tribunal because she is under suspicion of having acted illegally, against the law.

So in my personal neatly worded opinion, without any pill whatsoever, the cases of the Infanta and the three gentlemen you gave as an example are beyond comparison.

Frankly I don't understand your post. Cristina and her husband are facing charges for tax fraud in Spain. They had the best representation against the tribunal - few people have so many lawyers working with them.

We all know she committed fraud. Her husband will go to jail, she wont.

That is new to me. I understood that the municipal elections of 1931 resulted in victories (mainly in big cities) for parties favoring an end to the monarchy. Unrest broke out in these cities and King Alfonso XIII went into exile but did not abdicate.

Is that "by popular vote we became a Republic"?

You are being pedantic and shouldn't rely too much on wikipedia

Any other Spanish citizen with the same accusation would see this case administratively dealt or maybe has to spend one afternoon in a tribunal. This was pure class justice, but then in the reverse meaning of the word.

i think that this is because there is an expectation she should have known better. being a representation of the head of state and a well educated woman with many privileges afforded to her through her position, people have high expectations and i don't blame them.

Then the King taking away her title Duquesa de Palma de Mallorca: a shameful and cowardly act. While it is not at all for sure that the Infanta will be convicted for anything, he already sacrificed his sister on the altar of the public opinion. What will Don Felipe do when the Tribunal follows the Public Prosecutor and discharges the Infanta? Restore her as Duquesa de Palma de Mallorca? No... the bitter words of the Infanta are very understandable indeed.

i was very happy seeing felipe revoke her title. it was the only thing under his hand to show his disapproval. i think he may have had an expectations that cristina would give up her title herself (but as you say, she won't because in her head she did nothing wrong, so why should she?). so he took cards in the matter, and did the only thing under his control. i think it was a wise move myself, or all the rubbish of this matter would fly into his yard.

to me, there is no coming back. cristina won't be duchess of palma again.

people thought JC was a principled man too, until they saw him shooting an elephant with his mistress in an exotic destination in times of economic crisis in spain WHILST being the spanish honorary president of the WWF. i don't put my hand under the fire for any of the members of this family, including felipe himself. yes, from the outside he seems principled but weren't cristina and inaki not the 'idyllic royal family' at one point?

'trust is gained in drops and lost in buckets'

Letizia: not in connection with Cristina and Inaki but her yoga friend, involved in a credit card scandal, labelling the magazines writing about it as 'sh*t', assuring her friendship, 'to hell with the rest', meaning everybody outside their circle = the public.

not to mention that she was a self-confessed republican before marrying felipe who according to her was agnostic, magically reinvented as a monarchic, catholic who visits the pope, kisses his hand and goes to church as required. no principles are visible here.

Last edited:
'trust is gained in drops and lost in buckets'

Sometimes a simple statement says far more than a 3000 word thesis and this one fits the best for me.

No matter what the outcome of this lengthly trial or whatever sentence is passed down to either Inaki or Cristina, the fact that there even was a trial will remain as the black mark against these people's characters. There will be no coming back from it as people have long memories.

The monarchy in Spain ended in 1931 when by popular vote we became a Republic. It was because a dictatorship (Franco's) that Spain became a monarchy again.

It is technically correct that it was Franco who originally restored the monarchy. However, the present constitutional monarchy is a creation of the constitution of 1978, which was ratified in a popular referendum by over 90 % of those who voted. It is not like the monarchy lacks legitimacy then.

Sometimes a simple statement says far more than a 3000 word thesis and this one fits the best for me.

No matter what the outcome of this lengthly trial or whatever sentence is passed down to either Inaki or Cristina, the fact that there even was a trial will remain as the black mark against these people's characters. There will be no coming back from it as people have long memories.

thanks Osipi :flowers: i enjoyed reading someone else shared this view.

I believe even if this judge finds this couple innocent of all charges {which I doubt} and backs up his opinion with a 500 page thesis, there will always be a cloud over them. Right or wrong, that it just how people are. Their name will always be footnoted with this trial. That is their problem and it is a shame they let it all happen. My concern is for those lovely children. They too will carry this scandal over them for the rest of their lives. They are the precious innocents that the news media will always be watching to see how something like this affects them. It will be more blood for the press' greedy little stories and photos. I truly hope that all the royals circle around them when needed as they are in for a rough few years and will need unconditional love.

He was so principled that he stood watching what Inaki had been doing for for many years, doing nothing. He posed with him at his birthday party in 2008, remained silent when Inaki got his golden job in Washington, fully aware what was going on, still hoping it would not see the light of day. When it did, Felipe did what he had to, as future King, to avoid further damage and secure what he had been trained for his whole life: becoming King. He may appear principled in public, I am not so sure behind closed doors.

He was so principled that he stood watching what Inaki had been doing for for many years, doing nothing. He posed with him at his birthday party in 2008, remained silent when Inaki got his golden job in Washington, fully aware what was going on, still hoping it would not see the light of day. When it did, Felipe did what he had to, as future King, to avoid further damage and secure what he had been trained for his whole life: becoming King. He may appear principled in public, I am not so sure behind closed doors.

Ouch! That's a little harsh don't you think? Felipe and Inaki led pretty much separate lives and still do. They probably did not inquire too deeply into what he was up to as it wasn't considered any of their buisness at the time. Also Inaki was perfectly capable of lying when quizzed about his income, as that is something that is known to happen. Most people often don't enquire too deeply into what their in-laws do for buisness. For all we know you might be correct but since the charges were surprising to most of the SRF, so I'd be willing to give the benefit of the doubt to Felipe on those grounds.

Ouch! That's a little harsh don't you think? Felipe and Inaki led pretty much separate lives and still do. They probably did not inquire too deeply into what he was up to as it wasn't considered any of their buisness at the time. Also Inaki was perfectly capable of lying when quizzed about his income, as that is something that is known to happen. Most people often don't enquire too deeply into what their in-laws do for buisness. For all we know you might be correct but since the charges were surprising to most of the SRF, so I'd be willing to give the benefit of the doubt to Felipe on those grounds.

I am not. If the family had no idea what was going on, why was Inaki being relocated to Washington? 2009 was the point when JC finally put his foot down and forced him to leave NOOS behind (he had told him before, to no avail). So it is safe to say that the matter had been discussed within the family long before 2009. Many people believe in the theory that the relations between Cristina and Letizia went visibly sour (as early as 2006) when the topic Inaki and his dealings with public money became apparent for insiders but it was eventually brushed under the carpet.

Felipe and Inaki led pretty much separate lives and still do. They probably did not inquire too deeply into what he was up to as it wasn't considered any of their buisness at the time. Also Inaki was perfectly capable of lying when quizzed about his income, as that is something that is known to happen. Most people often don't enquire too deeply into what their in-laws do for buisness.

the fact that inaki got sent to washington by JC to get him away from continuing his fraudulent business demonstrates very well that the family knew what was going on. i would be very surprised if felipe, as future king, was not told about the situation.

if they had been a normal, commoner family, i agree that felipe may not have necessarily know what was going on, but this is nor just a 'normal' family. their affairs concern the country and their position in power. they are very aware of that. for their own sake, JC and by extension his heir need to pay close attention to the activities that their immediates are leading. do you really think that if the king of spain questioned inaki about his sudden increase in wealth he would be able to give him an excuse not to answer, or to get away with not answering to his satisfaction? this is not just your average mr and mrs jones leaving next door to you and me. it is the head of state and his family, and the best intelligence services at their disposition. they can know whatever they want to know.

i think that this is because there is an expectation she should have known better. being a representation of the head of state and a well educated woman with many privileges afforded to her through her position, people have high expectations and i don't blame them.

i was very happy seeing felipe revoke her title. it was the only thing under his hand to show his disapproval. i think he may have had an expectations that cristina would give up her title herself (but as you say, she won't because in her head she did nothing wrong, so why should she?). so he took cards in the matter, and did the only thing under his control. i think it was a wise move myself, or all the rubbish of this matter would fly into his yard.

to me, there is no coming back. cristina won't be duchess of palma again.

That's not the way justice is supposed to work in a developed democracy, though. Everyone from King Juan Carlos on down to the op-ed columnists of Spanish papers have been making use of the phrase "justice is equal for all", with the implication that Cristina shouldn't be treated any better than the average citizen. I don't think there's anyone who would disagree with that sentiment, but it works the other way, too. Cristina shouldn't be treated any worse than the average citizen, either, and I think she has been. This case has received so much attention and press coverage right from the start and it's been made into a litmus test for "justice", (where justice is public opinion based on emotion, not facts). The people who have access to all of the facts - ie the prosecutor and the tax authority - declined to prosecute Cristina due to lack of evidence. The group that is accusing her has, from my understanding, made a habit of accusing people and then extorting them, and has now declared bankruptcy because they've been ordered to pay the legal costs of those they've accused (and have been found innocent) and they can't afford it.

Regarding the revocation of the title, in general I think "cowardly" is a strong word to use, but, sadly, IMO it fits Felipe's actions well in this case. "Desperation" being another word that comes to mind. If and when Inaki and/or Cristina are convicted of a crime then yes, it would be appropriate to revoke the title IF Cristina refused to give it up. But to revoke the title while the trial was ongoing, for no other reason than to give himself a temporary boost in public opinion, was a low blow. We'll never know what goes on behind the scenes but, from what I can see, there was no reason Felipe couldn't have waited until the judges released their verdict to take action on the title.

Hopefully the decision won't come back to bite him in the a** because people do have long memories, and the precedent he's set with this decision is that he'll cave to public opinion. He's also set up the expectation of perfection for himself and his own family, which probably doesn't seem like a big deal while his girls are still young, but pretty soon they're going to be teenagers and young adults who may participate in "un-exemplary behavior." It would be interesting to see if he'd sacrifice one of his own children the way he's done with his sister.

One thing is morality, and another is legality... and morally Iñaki and Cristina acted incorrectly, and it is not necessary for a judge to determine that. Iñaki used the title of Duke of Palma, to do business and profit economically in the same city whose title was to honor. Even if there were no offense to judge, acting like that would not be right.

The nobility titles are an honor, and were given to infantas when marrying so that their husbands would enjoy of a title, because the title of Infanta is above the title of nobility.

The city was against them maintaining the title, even eliminated the street with their name... because Iñaki had been enriched with the money of those citizens. For that city was also an offense and a damage to its image.

If there is something decisive in all this case, which makes it of great seriousness morally and that judicially aggravates the prison sentences that request, it is that those businesses were made with PUBLIC MONEY.

It's not business or private favors with rich friends... is a misuse of citizens' tax money that must be used for the benefit of society. If it had been a private matter, the consequences probably would not have been these.

Felipe saves himself, but his obligation is also to save the past (this family knows what exile is), the present and the future of the institution and the family. If there were no Monarchy in Spain, neither Elena nor Cristina and their children would enjoy the social and economic position they have. Their titles, their beneficial works, the financial assistance of their parents... Cristina should know that life in Rome, Lausanne or Estoril was not the idyllic exile that she now lives in Switzerland protected by the power of her father... and should have reflected more on how her attitude could influence the future of the institution and the family, including her own children.

Last edited:
If there is something decisive in all this case, which makes it of great seriousness morally and that judicially aggravates the prison sentences that request, it is that those businesses were made with PUBLIC MONEY.

It's not business or private favors with rich friends... is a misuse of citizens' tax money that must be used for the benefit of society. If it had been a private matter, the consequences probably would not have been these.

That is so true. All the golden jobs, to Jaime, Inaki, Cristina, Elena (same thing in most other royal houses) are private favours, connections, nepotism etc.

Inaki and the public money is different, that makes it so hard to understand that JC not only accepted this in the beginning, but encouraged his son in law with giving his contacts and blessings ....

It says a lot about the family and the idea they had about where they stand in society ... that they are untouchable and can get away with everything.

A million alarm bells should have gone off when Inaki based his business on deals involving public money - but they didn't. The King could simply have said NO to Inaki and give him a piece of mind when he turned down a 200.000 EUR per year job at Laureus, a former handballer with no significant school education (he has a degree but more or less based on being a former sports star). The arrogance is beyond belief.

Together with the Infanta's Caixa job and what else is in the background, they could have gone for a super privileged life, but it wasnt good enough.

You are being pedantic and shouldn't rely too much on wikipedia

I am pedantic, I need pills, etc. I would like it when you would not use adjectives or give medical counsel to fellow posters on the Royal Forums. Thank you very much indeed.

In the long run, the fault/blame is on Inaki and Cristina. The heart of the whole scandal with misuse of public funds is greed and more greed, with the mistaken thinking of, "I'll/We'll never get caught because I'm/We're much smarter than other people and no one will catch on to what's happening." I think in this case the thought that being related/blood family of the King will save us was a primary idea too.
Of course, Cristina has anger at her Father, Brother and Letizia. Letizia was supposedly tipped off by her journalist friends that the scandal was about to break and hence the distance between the Palma's and Felipe and Letizia. Cristina's anger also stems from her perceived betrayal by her Father and Brother, who, as Monarchs were supposed to get the couple off the hook and it didn't happen. The Palma's had to face the consequences of their actions just as a lowly public person would have to in the same act of wrong doing.
They have to live in "exile" from now on.....too bad, their children are affected......should have thought of that, the Palma's didn't, they got caught up in greed and arrogance. Even if both are acquitted, they can't return to Spain, their reputations are in tatters and they would face ridicule and scorn. I wouldn't be surprised if Cristina is acquitted and Inaki does some prison time.....I'm sure he won't receive the same sentence as a member of the ordinary public and he will serve just a fraction of his sentence.
I find it a shame because Cristina was my favorite Spanish Royal and I had read she was a favorite of the Spanish public. I don't find it low that Felipe took away her title during trial, he did what he had to do, he had to save some reputation for the Monarchy and not make it look like he felt his sister was above the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom