Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 2 (2015 - 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
October 19 is about 120 days after trial ends. This could be a pro forma deadline for courts - in the U.S. the federal civil courts have the same four month deadline, which in practice judges don't have to follow.

I hope we hear something soon. It will be interesting whatever way it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

this article posted earlier mentions that cristina's eldest son, juan valentin, has needed psychological therapy due to this situation. they also mention that surprisingly cristina spend the holidays alone with pablo in an unknown location (the author speculates she could have travelled to asia), whilst inaki spent his holidays with the 3 other kids in the vasque country.

http://www.lagacetadesalamanca.es/o...ta-cristina-viviendo-verano-tenso/183327.html

This court case has been ongoing for a considerable amount of time and it had to be quite hard psychologically for the entire family to process. I can understand that it may have been quite necessary for one child to have a more one on one time with his mother while dad and the other kids vacation elsewhere. It, to me, may just be the family's way of dealing with the effects this whole thing has had on the children.

I will be glad when it is finally all over, the results and any punishment laid down and the family can go forward from there.

this article posted earlier mentions that cristina's eldest son, juan valentin, has needed psychological therapy due to this situation. they also mention that surprisingly cristina spend the holidays alone with pablo in an unknown location (the author speculates she could have travelled to asia), whilst inaki spent his holidays with the 3 other kids in the vasque country.

Urdangarin y la Infanta Cristina podrían estar viviendo su verano más tenso - Ocio-Gente -Noticias de La Gaceta de Salamanca

I saw photos of Juan Valentin sitting in a car crying. He is known to be very sensitive and this scandal has evidently scarred him deeply.

Urdangarin y la Infanta Cristina podrían estar viviendo su verano más tenso - Ocio-Gente -Noticias de La Gaceta de Salamanca
It is the children that has broken my heart, every time I read anything about this case, my thought have always gone to the children. They seemed to have such a happy life before all of this, and now because of the stupidity and arrogance (my opinion) of their parents, they are suffering. I hope that for the children's sake at least one parent is not jailed and that after the verdict, they can finally return to some kind of a normal life. I send prayers for them often.

I saw photos of Juan Valentin sitting in a car crying. He is known to be very sensitive and this scandal has evidently scarred him deeply.

yes, i remember those too. this blog has the pictures in question.

it is sad indeed. i guess that they never thought they would be found out, and if they did they probably thought they'd be able to get away with it being who they are (were), so their family would never be impacted by their 'business'.

on another note, i found some pictures of their golden and happier days before this all started, when they were still respected members of the family. understandably, they truly have aged as a result.

http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...uan-carlos/0-242-803/duques-washington--a.jpg
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...rin-attend-the-wedding-of-picture-id103639812
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/FNN8AF/spa...-husband-inaki-urdangarin-l-arrive-FNN8AF.jpg
http://fotos.levante-emv.com/fotos/noticias/646x260/2009-05-10_IMG_2009-05-10_01:02:31_vlcduques.jpg
http://fotos00.lne.es/2009/04/23/646x260/2009-04-30_IMG_2009-04-23_01.52.20__1981038.jpg
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...rdangarin-duke-of-palma-de-picture-id81525556
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...tend-a-private-view-of-the-picture-id74359983

The children have always been the biggest victims here.

this article mentions it is likely that the sentence will be released sometime late this year, sometime around november or december. they mention that it is likely inaki will enter prison, but that he can present a recourse, so he'd leave some days afterwards. it is unlikely that cristina will be sentenced to prison. inaki will be able to chose which prison he enters. it can be any prison as long as it is in spain. he will enter prison 'voluntarily', police will not arrest him to take him into prison.

Caso Nóos: Urdangarin sabrá si es culpable o no a finales de año

some interesting and rather shocking news emerged. apparently juan carlos, via his trusted friend Iñigo Alfonso Cotoner y Martos, marquess of Mondéjar (who is this man you see behind juan carlos during his proclamation), offered 'manos limpias', the party which has inculpated cristina, to bribe them to drop their accusation by giving them 2 million euros (plus any judicial costs and fees). shocking news, to see that the king engages in such despicable behaviour. this link below has a recording of the phone call between the lawyer of manos limpias, virginia lopez, with miguel bernad, where he explains to virginia the offer he has received. she rejects it categorically, calls them 'sons of a b...' and explains that she won't take the offer, because 'at that point' they are not in this for the money. she says 'if they were, they would have taken it a long time ago when it was easier to pull out'.

spain truly works on corruption and bribery. it would seem that it even operates at the level of the royal house, which is despicable. let's hope for a more ethical and moral administration under felipe, but i am afraid that even with him we cannot be certain. corruption is pervasive and once it operates on one level, it operates in any. it is dangerous terrain to move into and spain has not only moved there but built a resort out of it. no wonder that is how the RF now operates too.

the sadest part out of this all is that this didn't surprise me at the very least. after all, the news come from a man who was the chairman of the WWF for spain and then went shooting elephants in africa! integrity is by far not the best word to describe him.

Juan Carlos I: El líder de Manos Limpias a la abogada de Nóos: "El Rey Emérito ofrece dos millones de euros en 'cash' más los gastos" | EL MUNDO

such a mess , when i see someone post in this thread i'm always thinking that all of this mess has ended but unfortunately it always get worse .

I think I would have to actually see a photo of Juan Carlos in a trench coat pulled up around his shoulders and wearing sunglasses skulking in a dark alleyway with a brown paper bag of money to believe this story.

I may not care for the man personally because of his own actions but I do think he has enough intelligence to know that doing something like trying to bribe someone to drop the charges just wouldn't fly.

I think I would have to actually see a photo of Juan Carlos in a trench coat pulled up around his shoulders and wearing sunglasses skulking in a dark alleyway with a brown paper bag of money to believe this story.

I may not care for the man personally because of his own actions but I do think he has enough intelligence to know that doing something like trying to bribe someone to drop the charges just wouldn't fly.

Given that JC often does not pick his "friends" wisely, I actually have no problems believing this at all. He may not have openly said to the man in question, but may well have had a "who will rid me of this turbulent priest?" Moment.

If so, what will Felipe think if this father tries to bribe manos limpias money to drop accusations after everything that happened in recent years. manos limpias is questionable and shady, I chose not to believe it until proven otherwise. I cannot believe that JC would be that stupid or self/monarchy destructive.

For those who may have missed what I meant by the phrase "who will rid me of this turbulent priest?" I was referring to Henry II of england's phrase which was the accidental/intentional in the heat of the moment trigger to have St Thomas a Beckett murdered - with regards to JC what i meant was that he may well have said in exasperation something to the effect of "i just wish this would all go away!" And the marquis in question may well have taken things into his own hands too literally. Sorry for the confusion.

some interesting and rather shocking news emerged. apparently juan carlos, via his trusted friend Iñigo Alfonso Cotoner y Martos, marquess of Mondéjar (who is this man you see behind juan carlos during his proclamation)

Carlotta the man in that photo was Don Nicolás Cotoner, Marqués de Mondéjar, Marqués de Ariany,Count de Tendilla who died in 1996,he also served as head of the House of His Majesty the King from 1975 to 1990.

Its his son Don Íñigo Alfonso Cotoner ,the current marqués de Mondejar that is being named in the latest news.

We have to be careful to draw quick conclusions. The organisation Manos Limpias ("Clean Hands") is in serious trouble for blackmailing: "When you pay us xxx million, we will drop our plans to sue you".

It is very well possible that it was Manos Limpias itself trying to blackmail the King but are now spinning it into media with a twist that it was the King who offered money, all this to re-direct the attention away from their own criminal actions. For so far the serious Spanish media seem cautious indeed because it is not clear how reliable the claim is.

I wish my Spanish was good enough for me to actually listen to the recording, which is on the website of el mundo if anyone cares to listen. Can one of our Spanish posters give an accurate account?

My first thought was, 2 million euros is too low a figure for it to be plausible. However, el mundo is not The Daily Mail or The New York Post. It also has uncovered many a scandal, to its credit.

Felipe must be ready to explode.

Juan Carlos was actually a very important figure in Spanish and, more broadly, European history. It is a shame that he is now being associated with bribery or corruption. Having said that, the story seems to lack credibility and, more importantly, is not getting much traction inside Spain itself. At least, I didn't hear it mentioned not even once on the newscast from TVE International, which I get at home.

I haven't seen it at España Directo and Telediario (TVE Internacional). Seems not the biggest news indeed.

I have to admit that nothing that get reported in this world shocks me anymore. If it happened, it happened. If proven it didn't, just another media scum making trouble. Can't say I am an admirer of the old king JC and his lack of morals and breaking of church's commandments and I do think he has the brass to try something this underhanded, but I also think that he no longer holds the power he once had to accomplish without some people wanting to get back at him for what ever reason. He might be an old self-centered geezer now who hasn't realized the world no longer thinks he is the handsome Don Juan of years ago and will look the other way to his faults, but I believe he still is not stupid or mentally failing to try to bribe someone for such a small amount in this very important case to the royal family. That is the main reason I have a problem believing this newest scandal.

I feel so very sorry for King Felipe who I believe has been trying to be above the rail. Inaki and Cristina seem to have caused, either directly or indirectly, quite a bit of trouble. Their children are the ones in my prayers.

Royals have been open to do favours. They have done that for centuries and centuries. Only now the monarchies have become de-political, it looks like royals have to be exemplaric model citizens, but that is nowhere in their job description. Once in a debate in the Dutch Parliament a fraction leader remarked: "We are discussing the royal family, not the Holy Family..."

Royals have been open to do favours. They have done that for centuries and centuries. Only now the monarchies have become de-political, it looks like royals have to be exemplaric model citizens, but that is nowhere in their job description. Once in a debate in the Dutch Parliament a fraction leader remarked: "We are discussing the royal family, not the Holy Family..."

It is not commendable that JC is condoning such behavior from his friends when he for all practical purposes hung Christina out to dry to save his own skin and as a distraction, which if this is the case is nothing better than hypocracy and cowardice on the ex-king's part.* What I want to know is: was he always this lacking in moral fiber, and thus have we all been duped by a slick propaganda campaign? Or has years of adulation and press deference gone to his head and undermined his judgement? :huh: :angry:

*When you consider that JC also threw his father under a bus, albeit with some more justifaction, this would be completely keeping in character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom