The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Infanta Cristina denies that she hates Spain

La Infanta Cristina desmiente que odie España en su vuelta a Barcelona: "Estoy encantada de estar aquí" - Bekia

https://translate.google.com/transla...a-barcelona%2F

6th of April,1199 -Death of Richard the Lionheart
Old 12-27-2016, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The 5 misfortunes of Inaki Urdangarín!

Las 5 desgracias de Urdangarín desde que fue imputado y apartado de la Casa Real - Bekia

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

Old 12-27-2016, 11:51 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for posting. Very interesting read
Old 01-19-2017, 02:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

"The Palma Court will announce the ruling in March"

Interior aparca la decisión sobre la cárcel de Iñaki Urdangarín

https://translate.googleusercontent....K7nBS9V_DuCsWQ

"Countdown for the Infanta Cristina and Inaki:the rapporteur of the case Noos has already written the sentence"

La ponente del caos Nóos termina la redacción de la sentencia, ya en fase de lectura final

https://translate.googleusercontent....iJRoodm1xIBhjg
Old 01-27-2017, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Awaiting the Sentence in March,Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarin.

Urdangarin y la infanta Cristina, a la espera de la sentencia del caso Nóos

Old 02-16-2017, 08:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

The verdict of the Nóos case will be made public tomorrow

La sentencia del caso Nóos se hará pública mañana viernes
Old 02-16-2017, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Some recap from El Mundo in case anybody needs it, because this took ages
Caso Nóos: Las claves del caso Nóos | EL MUNDO

Although the court decision will be known tomorrow, some media has already leaked some info that Iñaki will face 7 - 8 years of prison (way less than what the prosecutor called for), and Cristina will not be convicted (seems credible, but take this with a grain of salt until it's official)

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 02-16-2017, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Thanks Annie I recall the Prosecutor had asked for up to 19 years of a sentence,it will be a tense today tomorrow!

Old 02-16-2017, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Some recap from El Mundo in case anybody needs it, because this took ages
Caso Nóos: Las claves del caso Nóos | EL MUNDO

Although the court decision will be known tomorrow, some media has already leaked some info that Iñaki will face 7 - 8 years of prison (way less than what the prosecutor called for), and Cristina will not be convicted (seems credible, but take this with a grain of salt until it's official)
This would be my guess as well. The state prosecution didn't press any charges against Cristina (she was already fined and paid before the trial) and the organisation Manos Limpias, that did press charges, is very shady and involved in criminal activities such as blackmailing.

Inaki's sentence sounds plausible as well, I always found 19 years ridiculous, murderers get less for their crime.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't wait to see the verdict, this story has lasted much too long.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

I agree, happy to see it end. I have seen murder trials shorter. They make time to get to court, and fir the trial itself, but the verdict?

I hope the predictions are right. Hard enough on these kids if both parents go away. It seemed unlikely anyways. And 19 years is ridiculous. I always find it odd when people get less years for murder than other crimes.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:08 AM
Nobility

Infanta Cristina won't go to jail (more the pity) but her darling husband is going to spend a few years in one of them. I'm sorry for their kids, they are the innocent party to their parents' shameful behaviour.

I hope the sentence brings to an end the thinking that royalty is above the law and can have a fee reign with tax payers' moneys. They don't. They can't. I'm truly proud of my country.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondra View Post
Infanta Cristina won't go to jail (more the pity) but her darling husband is going to spend a few years in one of them. I'm sorry for their kids, they are the innocent party to their parents' shameful behaviour.

I hope the sentence brings to an end the thinking that royalty is above the law and can have a fee reign with tax payers' moneys. They don't. They can't. I'm truly proud of my country.
That can only happen if she (the royal) is sentenced for prison
Old 02-17-2017, 04:18 AM
Nobility

Whether or not she knew what her husband was doing is the whole point of the charges brought against her. We know she knew....proving it in a court of law is a whole different proposition.

Her husband is going to jail and she's become a pariah in Spain. A hell of a sentence for an Infanta of Spain who thought she was above the law.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

They can appeal so could still go on
Old 02-17-2017, 06:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Her lawyers are confident she won't be found guilty
Old 02-17-2017, 06:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Iñaki Urdangarin Liebaert has been declared the author responsible for:
- A continuing crime of misdemeanor in a medal contest with a crime of falsification in a public document and a crime of misappropriation of public funds, for which he is sentenced to 2 years and 8 months in prison, to a fine of 7 months and 17 Days with a daily fee of ten euros and 2 years and 7 months of special disqualification for employment or autonomous and local public office of the Autonomous Community of the Balearic Islands.
- A crime of fraud to the Public Administration, which is sentenced to 7 months imprisonment and 4 years and 6 months of special disqualification for employment or autonomous public and local public of the Autonomous Community of the Balearic Islands.
- A crime of influence peddling, for which he is sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- An offense against the Public Treasury, which sentenced him to 1 year in prison and a fine of double the amount defrauded (259,478.38 euros).
- An offense against the Public Treasury, for which he is sentenced to 1 year in prison and a fine of double the amount defrauded (253,075.30 euros).

The sum of the sentences is as follows: 6 years and 3 months of imprisonment, 7 years and one month of special disqualification and a fine of 512,553.68 euros. Also it is condemned to the civil responsibility that is determined in the judgment of the sentence whose copy is attached.

Iñaki Urdangarin has been acquitted of the rest of the crimes he was accused of.
Quote:
The court has acquitted of the crimes of which Cristina de Borbón and Grecia and Ana María Tejeiro Losada were accused, declaring their civil responsibility in the following terms: - Cristina de Borbón and Greece, acting as a civil liability for profit, will be jointly and severally liable to Iñaki Urdangarin for the civil liability of the latter, up to the amount of EUR 265,088.42.
http://www.poderjudicial.es/cgpj/es/...es-de-prision-

Old 02-17-2017, 06:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Apparently it's delayed of course!!!
Old 02-17-2017, 06:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

He's got 6 years she gets a fine
Old 02-17-2017, 06:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Infanta Cristina absolved in Noos case, king’s brother-in-law given six-year jail term

Spanish royals: Infanta Cristina absolved in Noos case, king’s brother-in-law given six-year jail term | In English | EL PAÍS

Closed Thread

Tags
controversy, corruption, cristina, duchess of palma, iñaki, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, palma, palma de mallorca, scandal