The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

No the trial is not over yet and is still ongoing ,here's another article

Corruption trial for Spain′s Princess Cristina draws to a close | News | DW.COM | 22.06.2016

6th of April,1199 -Death of Richard the Lionheart
Old 08-24-2016, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The 19th of October is being muted as a possible hearing day for the judgement in the NOOS case.

Urdangarin y la Infanta Cristina podría recibir la sentencia del caso Nóos el 19 de octubre

https://translate.google.ie/translat...-text=&act=url

Old 08-27-2016, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Tense summer for Inaki/Cristina

Urdangarin y la Infanta Cristina podrían estar viviendo su verano más tenso - Ocio-Gente -Noticias de La Gaceta de Salamanca\

https://translate.google.ie/translat...-text=&act=url

Old 08-31-2016, 01:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Verdict expected from Infanta Cristina of Spain’s corruption trial on 19 October – Royal Central
Old 08-31-2016, 07:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

October 19 is about 120 days after trial ends. This could be a pro forma deadline for courts - in the U.S. the federal civil courts have the same four month deadline, which in practice judges don't have to follow.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope we hear something soon. It will be interesting whatever way it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-31-2016, 09:26 AM
Majesty

this article posted earlier mentions that cristina's eldest son, juan valentin, has needed psychological therapy due to this situation. they also mention that surprisingly cristina spend the holidays alone with pablo in an unknown location (the author speculates she could have travelled to asia), whilst inaki spent his holidays with the 3 other kids in the vasque country.

http://www.lagacetadesalamanca.es/oc...so/183327.html
Old 08-31-2016, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This court case has been ongoing for a considerable amount of time and it had to be quite hard psychologically for the entire family to process. I can understand that it may have been quite necessary for one child to have a more one on one time with his mother while dad and the other kids vacation elsewhere. It, to me, may just be the family's way of dealing with the effects this whole thing has had on the children.

I will be glad when it is finally all over, the results and any punishment laid down and the family can go forward from there.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 08-31-2016, 09:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
this article posted earlier mentions that cristina's eldest son, juan valentin, has needed psychological therapy due to this situation. they also mention that surprisingly cristina spend the holidays alone with pablo in an unknown location (the author speculates she could have travelled to asia), whilst inaki spent his holidays with the 3 other kids in the vasque country.

Urdangarin y la Infanta Cristina podrían estar viviendo su verano más tenso - Ocio-Gente -Noticias de La Gaceta de Salamanca
I saw photos of Juan Valentin sitting in a car crying. He is known to be very sensitive and this scandal has evidently scarred him deeply.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 08-31-2016, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post

Urdangarin y la Infanta Cristina podrían estar viviendo su verano más tenso - Ocio-Gente -Noticias de La Gaceta de Salamanca
It is the children that has broken my heart, every time I read anything about this case, my thought have always gone to the children. They seemed to have such a happy life before all of this, and now because of the stupidity and arrogance (my opinion) of their parents, they are suffering. I hope that for the children's sake at least one parent is not jailed and that after the verdict, they can finally return to some kind of a normal life. I send prayers for them often.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I saw photos of Juan Valentin sitting in a car crying. He is known to be very sensitive and this scandal has evidently scarred him deeply.
yes, i remember those too. this blog has the pictures in question.

it is sad indeed. i guess that they never thought they would be found out, and if they did they probably thought they'd be able to get away with it being who they are (were), so their family would never be impacted by their 'business'.

on another note, i found some pictures of their golden and happier days before this all started, when they were still respected members of the family. understandably, they truly have aged as a result.

http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza...hington--a.jpg
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id103639812
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/FNN8AF/span...ive-FNN8AF.jpg
http://fotos.levante-emv.com/fotos/n..._vlcduques.jpg
http://fotos00.lne.es/2009/04/23/646...0__1981038.jpg
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...ure-id81525556
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...ure-id74359983
Old 08-31-2016, 12:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

The children have always been the biggest victims here.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:50 PM
Majesty

And it makes me even more disgusted and angry with their parents!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 08-31-2016, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

And it makes me even more disgusted and angry with their parents!
Yes I agree, they are really the victims here !
Old 09-19-2016, 11:20 PM
Majesty

this article mentions it is likely that the sentence will be released sometime late this year, sometime around november or december. they mention that it is likely inaki will enter prison, but that he can present a recourse, so he'd leave some days afterwards. it is unlikely that cristina will be sentenced to prison. inaki will be able to chose which prison he enters. it can be any prison as long as it is in spain. he will enter prison 'voluntarily', police will not arrest him to take him into prison.

Caso Nóos: Urdangarin sabrá si es culpable o no a finales de año
Old 09-27-2016, 04:57 PM
Majesty

some interesting and rather shocking news emerged. apparently juan carlos, via his trusted friend Iñigo Alfonso Cotoner y Martos, marquess of Mondéjar (who is this man you see behind juan carlos during his proclamation), offered 'manos limpias', the party which has inculpated cristina, to bribe them to drop their accusation by giving them 2 million euros (plus any judicial costs and fees). shocking news, to see that the king engages in such despicable behaviour. this link below has a recording of the phone call between the lawyer of manos limpias, virginia lopez, with miguel bernad, where he explains to virginia the offer he has received. she rejects it categorically, calls them 'sons of a b...' and explains that she won't take the offer, because 'at that point' they are not in this for the money. she says 'if they were, they would have taken it a long time ago when it was easier to pull out'.

spain truly works on corruption and bribery. it would seem that it even operates at the level of the royal house, which is despicable. let's hope for a more ethical and moral administration under felipe, but i am afraid that even with him we cannot be certain. corruption is pervasive and once it operates on one level, it operates in any. it is dangerous terrain to move into and spain has not only moved there but built a resort out of it. no wonder that is how the RF now operates too.

the sadest part out of this all is that this didn't surprise me at the very least. after all, the news come from a man who was the chairman of the WWF for spain and then went shooting elephants in africa! integrity is by far not the best word to describe him.

Juan Carlos I: El líder de Manos Limpias a la abogada de Nóos: "El Rey Emérito ofrece dos millones de euros en 'cash' más los gastos" | EL MUNDO
Old 09-28-2016, 12:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

King Juan Carlos accused of trying to pay to have charges against Princess Cristina dropped

this is almost too stupid of the srf to be true, but you never know. manos limpias themselves are very questionable too, being investigated for money laundering and corruption.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:21 AM
Courtier

such a mess , when i see someone post in this thread i'm always thinking that all of this mess has ended but unfortunately it always get worse .
Old 09-28-2016, 02:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think I would have to actually see a photo of Juan Carlos in a trench coat pulled up around his shoulders and wearing sunglasses skulking in a dark alleyway with a brown paper bag of money to believe this story.

I may not care for the man personally because of his own actions but I do think he has enough intelligence to know that doing something like trying to bribe someone to drop the charges just wouldn't fly.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 09-28-2016, 03:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think I would have to actually see a photo of Juan Carlos in a trench coat pulled up around his shoulders and wearing sunglasses skulking in a dark alleyway with a brown paper bag of money to believe this story.

I may not care for the man personally because of his own actions but I do think he has enough intelligence to know that doing something like trying to bribe someone to drop the charges just wouldn't fly.
Given that JC often does not pick his "friends" wisely, I actually have no problems believing this at all. He may not have openly said to the man in question, but may well have had a "who will rid me of this turbulent priest?" Moment.

Closed Thread

Tags
controversy, corruption, cristina, duchess of palma, iñaki, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, palma, palma de mallorca, scandal