Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

comment about Cristina
Noos case: The eyes of a stubborn woman | In English | EL PAÍS

http://elpais.com/elpais/2016/02/09/...45_805985.html

Old 02-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
One of the co-defendants in the corruption trial of Spain’s Princess Cristina and her husband, Iñaki Urdangarin, has said that he felt "used" by the royal couple, who had been longstanding friends of his.

Olympic gold-medal-winning sailor José Luis Ballester, said that Mr Urdangarin, a former handball player who also won a medal at the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, described a situation in which he felt obliged to help the king of Spain’s brother-in-law after becoming the Balearic Island government’s director general of sport between 2003 and 2007.

Mr Ballester is charged with breach of duty, embezzlement, fraud and influence peddling.

“As time passes, you realise that you are just a small instrument, so maybe I was used,” said Mr Ballester when asked if he had been deceived or used by Mr Urdangarin as a way of obtaining traction with the regional administration.
Read more: Princess Cristina corruption trial: Friend of royal couple says he felt 'used' by them - Telegraph
Old 02-09-2016, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Remarquable !!! Sounds very true !
Old 02-10-2016, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Video of Infanta Cristina and Inaki Urdangarin arriving at court .

Bekia

La Infanta Cristina e Iñaki Urdangarín llegan a la segunda sesión del juicio por el Caso Nóos - Bekia TV
Old 02-12-2016, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The declaration of Jaume Matas at the Noos Trial

Jaume Matas declara en el juicio del caso Nóos que fue él quien ordenó contratar a Iñaki Urdangarin por ser miembro de la Familia Real

https://translate.google.ie/translat...-text=&act=url
Old 02-12-2016, 07:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Spanish royal trial: Ex-Balearics chief: “Urdangarin was the go-between, the facilitator” | In English | EL PAÍS
Old 02-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Majesty

an article on how the infanta is living her first week of declarations:
Infanta Cristina: así ha vivido su primera semana en el banquillo | loc | EL MUNDO

it mentions how she now appears more relaxed, how they may be staying at rosario nadal's house (actually, kyril's house since after the divorce he got to keep it, it is in Porreres, on the road linking Porreres and Felanitx, there's a picture on the article), or maybe in the house of one of her sisters (the Nadal Puigdorfila sisters, who are all close to cristina), and how cristina's bodyguard brings in always a bag which is thought to have their lunch, as they never leave the premises during the breaks.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

New details in Spain’s Infanta Cristina’s corruption case

New details in Spain’s Infanta Cristina’s corruption case – Royal Central
Old 02-24-2016, 02:32 AM
Administrator

Well now that's an interesting turn of events I wasn't aware of. I wonder how the palace would respond to that.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

That was what everyone expected of Diego Torres... so no surprise.

This has been his strategy from the start, trying to hide behind Juan Carlos, the lawyer of Juan Carlos or the secretary of the infantas ... He was a poor victim who knows nothing. When evidences and declarations show that he was the mastermind of all.

This strategy has not worked legally, but allows him to get prominence in the press with his outrageous statements.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Inaki Urdangarin and his statement at the Nóos case Trial.

Así fue la declaración de Iñaki Urdangarín en el juicio por el Caso Nóos: voz baja, nervios y negación de facturas y comisiones - Bekia

https://translate.google.ie/translat...-text=&act=url
Old 02-26-2016, 03:30 PM
Serene Highness

Isn't a better translation: "I've never been an agent (or, commission agent) for anything."?
Old 02-26-2016, 11:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
Isn't a better translation: "I've never been an agent (or, commission agent) for anything."?
Yes, something like that. I've always understood "comisionista" to mean someone who works for a comission.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Infanta Cristina and Inaki returned to Switzerland as per Bekia

Tratos de favor y descanso en Suiza: así se preparan la Infanta Cristina e Iñaki Urdangarín para su difícil semana en el juicio - Bekia

https://translate.googleusercontent....iZBEr9IgS0OZhA
Old 03-02-2016, 11:23 AM
Majesty

you can watch the trial live on:

Caso Nóos: Urdangarin confirma a Torres: "No daba un paso en mi vida" sin consultárselo a la Casa del Rey | EL MUNDO
Old 03-03-2016, 03:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

So the royal family knew but his wife did not? What BS!! The King tried to shut down the business, what inaki ignored. I think that at some point the King realized that inaki was exploiting the path that the King himself had paved for him and tried to stop him, too little too late. When the Full scale came visible, even for inaki, the family was sent out of view to Washington. Without the crisis, the would have been no trial. I wonder what queen Sofia thinks of this statement, that all evil came from her office, supporting the Palmas all the way so far.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:46 AM
Majesty

It's funny how the blame is always on others and Inanki didn't know anthing... isn't it?
Old 03-03-2016, 07:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
So the royal family knew but his wife did not? What BS!! The King tried to shut down the business, what inaki ignored. I think that at some point the King realized that inaki was exploiting the path that the King himself had paved for him and tried to stop him, too little too late. When the Full scale came visible, even for inaki, the family was sent out of view to Washington. Without the crisis, the would have been no trial. I wonder what queen Sofia thinks of this statement, that all evil came from her office, supporting the Palmas all the way so far.
I do agree with you. Plus, don't even tell me that the King JC and Queen Sofia didn't take Cristina aside for a harsh talk on this subject many times. Parents do that especially when in their position. Think Inaki threw his wife under the bus on this one. There is no way I now have any small doubt [if I even did before] that Cristina wasn't up to her eyes in all this along with her husband. It is now so plain why Felipe and Letizia stepped back from them years ago. I wonder about Elena. I can see her trying to support her sister thru loving but being ashamed about crime. What a damn mess and I still feel so sorry for the innocent children
Old 03-03-2016, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its all such a mess,no wonder queen Sofia hasn't appeared in public in a long time,she must be heartbroken over this entire dreadful state of affairs.

Closed Thread

Tags
controversy, corruption, cristina, duchess of palma, iñaki, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, palma, palma de mallorca, scandal