Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe Cristina will go to prison either.
Wealthy people never seem to suffer the full consequences of their crimes, it's generally a wrist-slap.
She'll perhaps be fines or something like that, but Jail? No.

I don't know.. giving a fine that could possibly be paid with extorted money makes about as much sense as suspending a kid from school for skipping classes. Kid didn't want to be there to begin with.

More logical would be to order restitution for monies extorted even if it means declaring bankruptcy and send Inaki to prison IF they or one of them is found to be guilty.

I knew, as soon as I heard JC was going to abdicate, that news like this was on the way. It would be almost impossible to say Cristina was getting a fair trial when she was the daughter of the King and technically a member of the Royal House. The only people I feel sorry for are Leonor and Sofia (as they have effectively had their childhoods ended early thanks to Cristina and Inaki's actions) & Elena (as she has to give up working for her good causes etc because of her sister and brother in law's actions)

I knew, as soon as I heard JC was going to abdicate, that news like this was on the way. It would be almost impossible to say Cristina was getting a fair trial when she was the daughter of the King and technically a member of the Royal House. The only people I feel sorry for are Leonor and Sofia (as they have effectively had their childhoods ended early thanks to Cristina and Inaki's actions) & Elena (as she has to give up working for her good causes etc because of her sister and brother in law's actions)

:previous:
I know it's off topic, but just for clarificaition, tommy:
Infanta Elena won't give up her good causes, in fact it was announced that she will be taking the workload off the Princess of Asturias til she is of age and perform her duties.

:previous:
I know it's off topic, but just for clarificaition, tommy:
Infanta Elena won't give up her good causes, in fact it was announced that she will be taking the workload off the Princess of Asturias til she is of age and perform her duties.

I must have missed this, where was it announced? Thanks.

Her poor kids,I really feel so sorry for them caught up in this horrible mess.

i don't feel sorry, they had to think more than twice before having done what they did and they chose the wrong path. what they have done is shameful. they had everything. they were the perfect family, led a perfect life, had anything money can buy, including things money cannot buy, like trust and respect from the spaniards and the world.

i don't think the kids will be missing anything and they have a supportive family around who will raise them with good values, and not those of greed and fraud. so even for them, it's a win situation...

Thanks! I find this hard to believe to be honest since Elena is no longer a member of the royal family and not even able to keep up her own agenda for the royal house. To me it makes more sense that F&L cover for Leonor until she gets old enough to do her own events.

i don't think the kids will be missing anything and they have a supportive family around who will raise them with good values, and not those of greed and fraud. so even for them, it's a win situation...

I believe the Kings will continue to support their daughter out of the public eye now and once they are gone, Cristina will be up to a huge inheritance.

i don't feel sorry, they had to think more than twice before having done what they did and they chose the wrong path. what they have done is shameful. they had everything. they were the perfect family, led a perfect life, had anything money can buy, including things money cannot buy, like trust and respect from the spaniards and the world.

I was referring to their kids,I couldn't give two hoots about Inaki & Cristina its they kids who have my sympathy.

I agree that this article gives a great outline of why the couple are under investigation.

One thing I still don't understand is this: I've read that multiple people involved with this case, including the initial judge AND the prosecuting attorney have come to the conclusion that there is not enough evidence to charge Christina. Who is this most recent judge,then, and what has changed so dramatically, (especially given that the investigation has been going on for years), that now Christina is considered a suspect?

Also, I'm not familiar with the Spanish justice system - does it generally take this many years to decide whether someone will be brought to trial? Because, IMO, there's being thorough, and then there's drawing things out for as long as humanly possible to see if something, at some point, might stick.

Very interesting article. Don't know if I agree 100% with his final conclusion. Loving ones husband is a wonderful thing and I am sure she does. But, I still believe she knew exactly what was going on many years ago and was also involved.

I agree. I believe she knew to some extent what was going on. To what extent we may never know.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I'd like to think that we are now going to get to the bottom of this.

Gracie, I want to believe that but I think that it'll be many years, if ever, before we find out the whole truth. For some reason I think there's a lot more going on and the judge has only scratched the surface.

:previous:Sad but true, there are some people that think they are above the law because of some special reason or other, which could be a position that they have or money or title or power. In most cases that I have read about, the whole truth rarely ever comes out....so much is hidden behind closed doors by the ones with the powerful connections. It takes years if not decades for the truth to come out and if she does go to prison that she will have to live with that the rest of her life. I would not want to be in her shoes for all the money in the world.:eek:

I am sure JC and Sofia continue to pay for the best legal representation possible.

I am sure JC and Sofia continue to pay for the best legal representation possible.

Well, of course they are still paying. Who else is there to pay the bills of these two. Any parent would help their child if possible no matter what situation or station of life. That does not mean that parents approve or appreciate what the child has done in these cases. It is a parent/child love thing that, I'm sure, must kick in. Thank heavens I have never been put to the test.

Accountant accuses Spanish king's brother-in-law in embezzlement scandal - The Globe and Mail

Spanish royal family fraud case first evidence against King Felipe VI's brother-in-law - Telegraph

After yesterday’s written confession of Aizoon’s ex-accountant Marco Tejeiro accusing Torres and Urdangarin of fraud and money laundering, judge Jose Castro affirms that all of his testimony will be taken into account in the upcoming hours.
Judge Castro, on NOOS case “Everything will be determined today”

After yesterday’s written confession of Aizoon’s ex-accountant Marco Tejeiro accusing Torres and Urdangarin of fraud and money laundering, judge Jose Castro affirms that all of his testimony will be taken into account in the upcoming hours.
Judge Castro, on NOOS case “Everything will be determined today”

When all this is over through courts, I am positive that we will NEVER know the absolute truth. There will be conspiracy theories about everything and everyone for many years even after we all reading this are dead and buried. One of the biggest problems of being tried in the media where people make up their own stories [on both sides] and public take false statements as truth. Rumor here is that this person has already been paid off to help out Cristina, but unless that can be proved 100%, only theory. I still believe that Cristina is not lily white in all this as she is not dumb and must have wondered where her husband's money was coming from. That is my opinion as I certainly would know where huge amounts of money that my husband was spending was coming from. She knew just how far his salary could spread.

Last edited:
When all this is over through courts, I am positive that we will NEVER know the absolute truth. There will be conspiracy theories about everything and everyone for many years even after we all reading this are dead and buried. One of the biggest problems of being tried in the media where people make up their own stories [on both sides] and public take false statements as truth. Rumor here is that this person has already been paid off to help out Cristina, but unless that can be proved 100%, only theory. I still believe that Cristina is not lily white in all this as she is not dumb and must have wondered where her husband's money was coming from. That is my opinion as I certainly would know where huge amounts of money that my husband was spending was coming from. She knew just how far his salary could spread.

I totally agree.

Gracie, I want to believe that but I think that it'll be many years, if ever, before we find out the whole truth. For some reason I think there's a lot more going on and the judge has only scratched the surface.

Unfortunately, I do have to agree with you - although I do wish truth and justice will prevail for anyone and everyone involved. But that is not how it works for the rich and powerful.

I an convinced now, after hearing of this proposed testimony that Inaki will be fed to the lions - the only problem I have with that is he is the only one who will take the fall. Cristina's feet will be dangled over the lions and they will be allowed to take a nip or two to appease the public, but that will be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom