Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cristina on the cover of Lecuras 'I trusted my husband' while Letizia is withdrawing some cash from the bank. Priceless
Oh Goodness, what were they trying to say? One getting money legally and one????

Prosecutor seeks 19 years in prison for princess
The prosecutor seeks 19 years for Inaki and a 600,000 euro fine for Cristina in case Inaki is guilty. Cristina's secretary faces no charges.

I dont believe in a million years that Inaki will do prison time of that length, if at all, he might walk with a criminal record or get a minimum of 1 or 2 years.
Whatever fine they get, rich daddy will find a way to pay.

Prosecutor seeks 19 years in prison for princess
The prosecutor seeks 19 years for Inaki and a 600,000 euro fine for Cristina in case Inaki is guilty. Cristina's secretary faces no charges.

I dont believe in a million years that Inaki will do prison time of that length, if at all, he might walk with a criminal record or get a minimum of 1 or 2 years.
Whatever fine they get, rich daddy will find a way to pay.

I take it that there is an appeals process?

How an ideal couple
How an ideal couple’s life went to hell

Officially, the marriage of Princess Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarin was an idyllic union

But the Nóos inquiry court papers paint a very different picture

Interesting article on the Inaki/Cristina history and the relationship with Letizia.

i don't blame letizia for not wanting to have dinner with cristina and chosing to have dinner with her own - and presumably more normal - friends. seeing the mess cristina and iñaki created, and the amount of greed they had so as to plunge the whole family into crisis, i would also want to stay clear of them. i guess it's different for elena and felipe, after all cristina is their sister.

I think the problem of Cristina has always been the same, she is very proud and selfish. For years she was the nice girl with perfect and simple family, as opposed to Elena ... but her life was not really so "humble" and she enjoyed much of her privileges. Royal yacht, skiing, parties of royalty ... she took advantage of all.

Infantas Elena and Cristina were educated, or should have been educated, knowing that in the future their role would be secondary. With the arrival of the Princess of Asturias, she would be above them, and inevitably would have to have a more important role.

I always thought that the reason they have imposed a restrictive role as minimal for Letizia, was by jealousy of other ladies of the family. The Queen's office also carries the affairs of the infantas.... Princess Letizia depends on the Prince´s office ... so always had to have major "battles" for power in Zarzuela.

I think Cristina, by her nature, is who has had some power over her brother and sister ... she tried to have it on Letizia, and could not.

We must remember that the engagement ring of Letizia was the same model as Cristina, in the engagement Letizia wore a Armani suit (and received much criticism for wearing a foreign designer), as Cristina wore in hers... It was obvious that what worked for a infanta would not work for the new princess ... Letizia understood it, I do not think Cristina.

The press has always been busy blaming Letizia all, it was the easiest. But rarely analyze the personality and attitude of other members of the Royal Family, and how a new person coming from outside, could fit into all that.

We must remember that the engagement ring of Letizia was the same model as Cristina, in the engagement Letizia wore a Armani suit (and received much criticism for wearing a foreign designer), as Cristina wore in hers... It was obvious that what worked for a infanta would not work for the new princess ... Letizia understood it, I do not think Cristina.

thats true, and I always found that strange, that felipe bought such a similar ring to his sister's. its no surprise to me though that felipe is still loyal to his family, a unique family that cannot be compared to others the way they grew together and what they know of each other. i can easily believe that letizia has lived and still lives through power struggles since she married into this family.
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Mediterranean Engagement Rings

I think the problem of Cristina has always been the same, she is very proud and selfish. For years she was the nice girl with perfect and simple family, as opposed to Elena ... but her life was not really so "humble" and she enjoyed much of her privileges. Royal yacht, skiing, parties of royalty ... she took advantage of all.

Infantas Elena and Cristina were educated, or should have been educated, knowing that in the future their role would be secondary. With the arrival of the Princess of Asturias, she would be above them, and inevitably would have to have a more important role.

I always thought that the reason they have imposed a restrictive role as minimal for Letizia, was by jealousy of other ladies of the family. The Queen's office also carries the affairs of the infantas.... Princess Letizia depends on the Prince´s office ... so always had to have major "battles" for power in Zarzuela.

I think Cristina, by her nature, is who has had some power over her brother and sister ... she tried to have it on Letizia, and could not.

The press has always been busy blaming Letizia all, it was the easiest. But rarely analyze the personality and attitude of other members of the Royal Family, and how a new person coming from outside, could fit into all that.

Alltoether I think, much of the problems lies in Christinas personality and position of being an Infanta of Spain.

Yes, I think, she is proud of her position and selfish, yes, I think, she did not wanted to step back once Letizia came and yes, she wanted to keep the lifestyle is was used to as an Infanta in her wedding as well.

She did not wanted to change.
But everything around her has changed.
And she did not (wanted to ?) see it.

BYe Bine

Yes Duke, and both with an Armani pantsuit... too much :ohmy:...
that has always made ​​me think that Cristina's advice was to be like her, she was the example to follow. Probably for this reason, Letizia felt more comfortable with the advice of Cristina of Bourbon-Two Sicilies.

interesting comment lula. i didn't know cristina had such power over her siblings. and yes, i think the world thought of her as sweet, down to earth and generally nice and the girl next door... when it was exactly the opposite.

i am glad letizia didn't lose her battle against her. this is a lesson on how it is good to stand for what you believe in. otherwise she would have been dragged to follow her actions everywhere, and godness knows what may have happened.

Infanta Cristina was always the most independent... she wanted to make her life ... but without losing the privileges or living standards.

I think she and her husband were able to tell everyone what they wanted to hear, and she wanted to remain the perfect infanta of the magazines.
With Infanta Elena and her family had it easy, also while the Prince was still single. But the arrival of Letizia was a threat.

For many years, Cristina and Felipe were closer, had more in common hobbies and friends ... while Elena had a different life. First with the wedding of the Prince, and then with Iñaki´s business they began to distance. However, Infanta Cristina knew to seek an ally in Elena, after her divorce. The divorce was very complicated, and the relationship of Asturias with Jaime was always better than with the Palma.

Last edited:
I still find it strange that in the beginning the couples were close and that Cristina supported the relationship between Letizia and Felipe, possibly behind the back of the Kings. Cristina is not stupid, it was always clear to her that her brother's wife would outrank her one day. The day Felipe will be King Cristina cant be bothered as she will be rich due to her inheritance.

And I dont think that Letizia was cut short or put in place after her wedding as a silent accessory because of Cristina's wishes. I still believe that Queen Sofia's policy is to give her fake smile in public and show her true face in private, which is being nice as long as nobody gets in her way, its her who calls the tune when 'preparing' the future consort, the King didnt even try to hide his desinterest, and it was easy for Cristina to jump on her parents' bandwagon when her own interests were touched.

Duke, for her to inherit, the king must die... and while she had to maintain a lifestyle with four children and a husband out of work when he left the sport.

I think she decided to exploit her privileges while his father was the king,
then she can have fortune, but she will become a secondary character. It's not just the money ... are the privileges and status that come with being the daughter of the King. I think she enjoyed very much that role of ideal infanta, with handsome husband and perfect children, the perfect life of the perfect daughter.

The immobility was common to all the Royal Family... they had reached a point where the roles were distributed and each has struggled to maintain that role and those privileges... I think they really had no interest in changing anything.

I am curious. How does any one of us know for sure that Christina is guilty before the legal process has been accomplished? And, how is it known what kind of personality she has: selfish, etc.? I'm not saying that she is or is not...but, I just wonder how these inside details are known to outsiders?

Here we give opinions based on facts or attitudes ... I do not think anyone gives absolute truths about royals.

Here no one is judge, but has enough data in the judicial inquiry, to know that at least the infanta did not act ethically.

She is an infanta born with privileges but also certain obligations. Her duty was to see that her husband did not commit criminal acts that could harm the Crown. Her actions demonstrate again and again that she has behaved like a selfish person, putting money, her lifestyle, her privileges ... before her obligations as members of the Royal Family.

She could have made a gesture, a waiver ... to show that she really is sorry for all this chaos she and her husband have created ... but nothing.

After closely reading everyone's comments on this Royal family, I believe that you have certainly hit on the main problem that has been there all alone but kept under cover--Money, Power and family standing. Quite a few wealthy families along with other Royals have had this same problem but it was never brought to light as this awful scandal has done to the Spanish. King very self centered, spoiled and an adulterer, Queen loves her position and smiles constantly to cover her marriage sham, while the sibling jockeying for position.

Elena seems to have positioned herself now as more self-sufficient with single mother-hood and appears to calmly enjoy her life as daughter of King but not wanting constant limelight. Felipe knows he will be king [?] someday so just limply goes along with the flow to the point that he expects his wife to calmly accept everything written about her [true or false] and never make a fuss in public. Doesn't have the backbone to publically correct or show his outrage as might upset parent. Cristina, even though now we know what she and husband have done, must be in a state of shock that she is made to defend herself. She was always the Kings favorite and the most spoiled by him. She can't conceive not getting her way without any consequences. Queen favored Felipe and King jealous of his looks and the fact that now women covet son before him. Elena always seemed to be slightly in background going through life quietly. Anyway, just my armchair opinion as I don't know them personally although I do know some that do.

As far as the Spanish Royals, the entire fault that this has happened is on the back of Letizia. Once she came into family, the chess game changed its position. If Felipe was a stronger male such as Willem-Alexander, Haakon or Duke Henrik, who all showed full support publically and privately against many a media outcry against their brides, none of this would have happened to Letizia exactly in this way.

This has turned into one of the biggest "soap-operas" of all time. To bad it is not fake and we just can't turn the channel. The poor Spanish citizens are suffering while the Royals are spending millions to get one spoiled child out of trouble.

Last edited:
I am curious. How does any one of us know for sure that Christina is guilty before the legal process has been accomplished?

well, even if you believe they are both innocent and that it was all carried out with extreme legitimity and legality (for which you may be amongst 1% of people who may believe so, if not less), then you must at least acknowledge that several things of this case are downright strange (like using the budget of a not-for-profit organisation to buy harry potter books or a safari in africa)....

Plenty {and i mean PLENTY} of posters here are 'Judge & Jury', and have already pronounced judgement... [despite having no access to the documentation, or other detailed knowledge of the case}.

I REPEAT .. the whole bedrock of justice is 'innocent until proven guilty'..

:previous: you old fashioned thing you! :lol:

That's you and me, both!

After closely reading everyone's comments on this Royal family, I believe that you have certainly hit on the main problem that has been there all alone but kept under cover--Money, Power and family standing. Quite a few wealthy families along with other Royals have had this same problem but it was never brought to light as this awful scandal has done to the Spanish. King very self centered, spoiled and an adulterer, Queen loves her position and smiles constantly to cover her marriage sham, while the sibling jockeying for position.

Elena seems to have positioned herself now as more self-sufficient with single mother-hood and appears to calmly enjoy her life as daughter of King but not wanting constant limelight. Felipe knows he will be king [?] someday so just limply goes along with the flow to the point that he expects his wife to calmly accept everything written about her [true or false] and never make a fuss in public. Doesn't have the backbone to publically correct or show his outrage as might upset parent. Cristina, even though now we know what she and husband have done, must be in a state of shock that she is made to defend herself. She was always the Kings favorite and the most spoiled by him. She can't conceive not getting her way without any consequences. Queen favored Felipe and King jealous of his looks and the fact that now women covet son before him. Elena always seemed to be slightly in background going through life quietly. Anyway, just my armchair opinion as I don't know them personally although I do know some that do.

As far as the Spanish Royals, the entire fault that this has happened is on the back of Letizia. Once she came into family, the chess game changed its position. If Felipe was a stronger male such as Willem-Alexander, Haakon or Duke Henrik, who all showed full support publically and privately against many a media outcry against their brides, none of this would have happened to Letizia exactly in this way.

This has turned into one of the biggest "soap-operas" of all time. To bad it is not fake and we just can't turn the channel. The poor Spanish citizens are suffering while the Royals are spending millions to get one spoiled child out of trouble.

Excellent observations!

:previous: you old fashioned thing you! :lol:

That's you and me, both!

Wyevale and Cepe: Count me in on that, too. I prefer a lawful society; innocent until proven guilty. And the burden of proof rests with the accuser(s).

QUOTE]
WA and haakon both had fierce, "just try me" mothers for their support as well.

Great post! Cannot agree more
Bye Bine

With Infanta Elena and her family had it easy, also while the Prince was still single. But the arrival of Letizia was a threat.

I still have difficulties to believe that. As I said before, Cristina is not stupid and she knew well that any wife of Felipe would eventually outrank her, yet she showed support in the early stages of the F&L relationship, most likely against her parents' wishes.

Then, when Letizia came into the family, I pretty much doubt that her attitude was 'I want this, I want that', the Queen would not have allowed that anyway, and Letizia would have understood the strategy to learn alongside Felipe instead of demanding a solo agenda straight and take away from Cristina, even more so after the press bashing her for 'let me finish'. She was still struggling to get along in the royal household at the time.

Then she was busy with her pregnancy, got pregant again, then had to deal with her sisters' death ... yet the first photos of a very bad relation between Cristina and Letizia date back to 2006/2007 when Letizia had other things to deal with than encreasment of her own engagements, so I doubt that the reason for the fallout was a power struggle with Cristina over royal engagements.

Thankyou, dear people, for your indications of support.
Lately i have hesitated to visit this thread, as the 'lynch-mob' mentality is so depressing..
If i was called to serve on a jury with most of you, it would be a nightmare !

It is reassuring to know that not everyone has jettisoned the most basic tenet of Justice !

Last edited:
Well said Wyevale and I agree also your thread 1401.
and well done. Kind regards MO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom