Cristina and Iñaki: How Did They Meet?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Originally posted by Duke@Apr 18th, 2004 - 10:14 am
ok thanks!! At first i thought he running a business or some sort!! Do you know how they meet and come togther. I think they really make a nice couple and i wishes them that forever.  ;) Nice to see him holding his youngest son's hand in some picture. It is so cute and fatherly :rolleyes:

You're welcome, Duke.

Cristina and Inaki met at the Salt Lake City Olympics. She was part of the Spanish contingent who went to support the Spanish athletes. After Inaki's team won a game, he and the other players went to shake her hand and the hands of the other Spanish govenment members in attendance. As a group they (Cristina's Greek cousin Alexia was also there with her) had dinner to celebrate the Spanish win. Cristina and Inaki started talking and realized they had a lot in common and after returning to Spain they started dating.

My understanding is that it was a fairly 'whirlwind' romance. Cristina had felt a bit of pressure from her father to get married as she was in her early thirties (I think only 31 or 32) and after the marriage of her sister Elena in 1995, her father had remarked to her when was she going to get married? Her reply was that one day she was going to "surprise" him.

I am not sure how many people knew they were actually dating. (Maybe people felt that he was "young" for her? But only by a couple of years, which is no big deal, IMO.) I think the presumption was that they had met at the Olympics but because of their mutual interest in sports they had a common bond so it was just a friendship.

Cristina and Inaki met at the Salt Lake City Olympics.

This is incorrect. They met in 1996 at the Atlanta Olympics. Iñaki is three years younger than Cristina.

Back
Top Bottom