Baptism of Irene Urdangarín: July 14, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How it was a more familiar act there were an alone camera and few photographers, these cases they allow to enter to the public means (tve and efe) that then distribute gratis the images. I would like to know how they are going to do it with the baptism of the son of the Princes, it will be a familiar ceremony, but informatively it is going to have great more it demands.

The family photo is a disaster, there was many people and overcoat many children, and they could not be placed very well like.

Other than the immediate family, Infantas Pilar and Infantas Margarita, Simonetta and Infanta Margarita's daughter (I forget her name, but she has blond hair), and Laura Ponte were there other family members there? Namely I am thinking of the Greek royals -- Cristina and her cousin Alexia are very close.

I have also not seen any close ups of Elena and her family or Felipe. I hope we'll get to see more pictures.

I think Alexia is at a point in her pregnancy that they don't want her to fly. Last pictures I saw of her she looked like she was ready to pop!

I have this one with miguel, pablo, juan, irene, inaki and cristina.

Hope you like it!!;)

Attachments

• irenafamily.jpeg
    irenafamily.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 570
Alexandria said:
Other than the immediate family, Infantas Pilar and Infantas Margarita, Simonetta and Infanta Margarita's daughter (I forget her name, but she has blond hair), and Laura Ponte were there other family members there? Namely I am thinking of the Greek royals -- Cristina and her cousin Alexia are very close.

I have also not seen any close ups of Elena and her family or Felipe. I hope we'll get to see more pictures.

The daughter of the Infanta Margarita is called Maria. All the children of the Infantas were with their couples and the major grandsons. Of the Greek family only Irene was, Alexia was another day in Barcelona where she will give to light in a few weeks, I imagine that not this one for very much trip and less with these so high temperatures.
Though they are not members of the family, there were also Kubrat of Bulgaria and his wife Carla Royo-Villanova, Kubrat is the godfather of Pablo Nicolás (I believe)

lula said:
The daughter of the Infanta Margarita is called Maria. All the children of the Infantas were with their couples and the major grandsons. Of the Greek family only Irene was, Alexia was another day in Barcelona where she will give to light in a few weeks, I imagine that not this one for very much trip and less with these so high temperatures.
Though they are not members of the family, there were also Kubrat of Bulgaria and his wife Carla Royo-Villanova, Kubrat is the godfather of Pablo Nicolás (I believe)

Thanks for your explanation lula. I can never remember Maria's name for some reason.

The Spanish royals seem to be very close with the Bulgarian royals -- I guess it is given the fact that the wives of the Bulgarian princes are Spanish born (Carla, Miriam, Rosario).

Alexandria, not only their wives are Spanish, the Royal Family of Bulgaria has lived through great part their exile in Spain. The wife of Simeón is Margarita Gómez-Acebo, Spanish woman and relative of the husband of the Infanta Pilar.

Elena seems to be failing at the challenge of raising her children. Not only are they boring to the eye but they always seem to misbehave at the worst time: Froilan at Felipe's wedding and Vittoria at this baptism.

Rosario nadal

Rosario Nadal is Prince Kyril of Bulgaria 's wife.Pedro Quesada is the husband of Cristia de Borbón dos Scicilia

Princess BellyFlop said:
Elena seems to be failing at the challenge of raising her children. Not only are they boring to the eye but they always seem to misbehave at the worst time: Froilan at Felipe's wedding and Vittoria at this baptism.

What a terrible thing to say. How is she failing at being a mother? She's a great mother. How are they boring? They probably just don't enjoy being persued by cameras. If people were taking pictures of you against your wishes, would you smile? And we rarely see Cristina's sons smiling these days. Juan looked really forlorn in some of those pictures. And kids will be kids. What did Victoria do at this baptism? Froilan was just bored at Felipe's wedding and found a somewhat unorthodix way to amuse himself. He's only 7!

from hola.com Cover of ths week's Hola magazine

Attachments

• ho3182ampli.jpg
    ho3182ampli.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,161
moosey60 said:
Juan looks so angry. :(

But Irene's godmother looks much more angry in most pictures. Why is this grls so serious and rigid?! :(

Sometimes people make kids look worst in this public occasions.
I had a cousin who usuall misbehave and when he had to go to a wedding or something formal everyone started buzzing him "You behave yourself!" "You don't run!" "You smile all the time" and the result was a complete disaster - he was always so tense that when I see this old pictures of him it almost hurts.

I agree with PrincessBellyFlop - Juan Froilan behaved badly in the wedding. Kicking a cousin is not an item, at all, in any circumstance.
Her cousins were starting to misbehave bad for the end of ceremony. But they are children after all and in time they will look handsome and behaving princes. And what stories would they have from their childwood without this spontaneous moments?!

Regards.

Here is a close up of little Irene
42-15532943.jpg

Victoria is fanning to her mother during Irene´s baptism

Attachments

• p6.jpg
    p6.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 498
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice photo, thanks Victoria. Is it scanned from a magazine?

I think that she looks more like Juan and Miguel that pablo

Last edited:
Victoria2000 said:
Victoria is fanning to her mother during Irene´s baptism

Is this photo that of the Hola? I have seen also the magazine, there is a very nice photo of all the children sat in the banks, and one of very pretty Letizia speaking with the father of Iñaki. :D

lula said:
Is this photo that of the Hola? I have seen also the magazine, there is a very nice photo of all the children sat in the banks, and one of very pretty Letizia speaking with the father of Iñaki. :D

IF YOU HAVE IT JUST POST IT!!!!!!

THANX!:)

From Diez Minutos:

Attachments

• galeria1_6.jpg
    galeria1_6.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 871
  • galeria1_7.jpg
    galeria1_7.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,115
  • galeria1_8.jpg
    galeria1_8.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 742
  • galeria1_14.jpg
    galeria1_14.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 6,400
  • galeria1_16.jpg
    galeria1_16.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2,140
rchainho said:
What kind of ring that use Cristina? Isn't the first time i see it.
According to the press it was Iñaki's gift for the birth of her daughter.

lula said:
From Diez Minutos:

Thanks lula for the pictures! :) (You caught on fast on learning how to post pictures here! ;) )

Who are all the kids in blue shirts in this picture: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=170966? Are they kids from one family? Are they from Juanito and Pablo's school or something? I thought that they might be a choir performing at the baptism but it seemed out of place for such a low-key family affair. I find it unusual that if they're not related or part of a special organization or something that they would be dressed so similarly. Especially since Cristina and Inaki don't strike me as a couple who would say that there is a dress code at their daughter's baptism such as light blue tops and white or cream-coloured bottoms.

Is this Inaki's father greeting Letizia? http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=170965

(Also noticed how much Inaki resembles his mother in the picture of his parents at the baptism.)

I wait not to get confused, the children who were were: 5 grandsons of the Kings, the nephews of Iñaki (he has 5 sisters and a brother, I believe), the children of Simoneta, the children of the godfathers (Rosario and Kyril have 3 children and Cristina de Borbón - Dos Sicilias and Pedro Lopez Quesada I believe that two), and also the children of Kubrat of Bulgaria and Carla Royo.

The man who is with Letizia is Juan Maria Urdangarín, the father of Iñaki.

Back
Top Bottom