Baptism of Irene Urdangarín: July 14, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I completely agree with you, marezdote. I just love that pic too.

irene is just lovely... she really resembles miguelito :) how beautilful and what a lovely family.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful pictures! :)

Cristina looks wonderful (as usual!).

I hope there will be bigger (larger!) pictures of the little Urdangarin boys, too.

I barely recognized Simonetta in the picture of her with Cristina, Irene and Sofia.

In this picture I noticed quite a resemblance between Cristina and her father in their faces: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=168993.

They are great pics. What a beautiful baby.
Question tho....I always thought Baptisms had to be held in a church. I'm Catholic myself & so is my whole family & we were all baptized in a church. Or can it be anyplace as long as you have a priest, the baby (or in some cases child or adult), the godparents & some Holy Water?
Just curious. Thanks in advance.

I was wondering if someone could point out pictures of the godparents (I don't know what they look like)

Lady Jennifer said:
They are great pics. What a beautiful baby.
Question tho....I always thought Baptisms had to be held in a church. I'm Catholic myself & so is my whole family & we were all baptized in a church. Or can it be anyplace as long as you have a priest, the baby (or in some cases child or adult), the godparents & some Holy Water?
Just curious. Thanks in advance.

I'm Roman Catholic too, and I'm pretty sure the policy is that it must be done in water, by a priest, and in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost in order for the Church to recognize it.

Wonderful photos and a beautiful ceremony. Thanks to all for posting them!

Thank you very much to all of those who have posted these lovely pictures!

Irene is a beautiful baby and Infanta Cristina's family is very gorgeous, don't you agree?

Was Irene of Greece present?

I love the pictures from the baptism. Thanks!

Thank You all for Great pics and news about the Baptism.
Everyone looked so well together. Happy and Familiar.
Letizia looked beautifull (the pregnancy suits her very well :) ).

Regards.

Lady Jennifer said:
They I always thought Baptisms had to be held in a church. I'm Catholic myself & so is my whole family & we were all baptized in a church. Or can it be anyplace as long as you have a priest, the baby (or in some cases child or adult), the godparents & some Holy Water?
Although the baptism was celebrated outdoors, it took place just in front of the private hermitage of the Palace, so guess it's considered an extension of the chapel itself...

Another close up, from Polfoto:

Attachments

• AP244600_guest.jpg
    AP244600_guest.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 323
I thought it was really nice to have a baptism in the garden, specially if the garden is beautiful like this one.
Irene is one of the cuttest babies I've ever had seen and she looks a lot like Miguel.
And Cristina - very elegant - looks like her father.

cristine said:
I thought it was really nice to have a baptism in the garden, specially if the garden is beautiful like this one.

I agree! The first thing I thought when I saw all the pics was what a pretty garden Zarzuela has.

One of the articles I read today described the image given by the Royal Family at the baptism as one of "discretion and elegance". I think that perfectly describes this particular royal family.

I have seen several images of the baptism in the television. The truth is that all the women were going elegant enough and discreet. It is a shame that there are no any more photos.

The baptism was an almost an infantile party, there were many children (25 approximately), the grandsons of the Kings, the nephews of Urdangarín...

The Princess Letizia was pretty, but in her face one saw that she was a bit tired or oppressed. And it is normal, yesterday in Madrid there were 38 degrees at 8 p.m., it was the warmest day of the year.

Oppie said:
I was wondering if someone could point out pictures of the godparents (I don't know what they look like)
Here's a photo, from ABC:

Attachments

• padrinos20050714full.jpg
    padrinos20050714full.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,675
mtbcm said:
I love the expression of Victoria Frederica's face watching the gestures of the Irene's godfather.

Regards.

Victory already has a girl with the one that will be able to play, the truth is that the poor girl was surrounded always with children.:p

The photos of Irene's baptism are wonderful! This family looks great together.
So thanks everyone for posting :)

Today I saw a short report on TV about the baptism. When Irene got the praise one could see Letizia in the background streches herself to have a clear sight toward ;)

Pics from East News. I hope they aren't repititions...

Oh, these are great... and all different... thank you very much, Pdas! :)

Lula was right... Queen Sofia took photos with her camera, after all

Pdas1201, thank you for the new photos, to seeing if with the days it turns out to be some more, because in all the sites they are equal. At least in these we see the godfathers.

You are most welcome, Elsa M. and Lula.

I know what you mean about the various agencies having the same photos. I had to sort through several pics to find out ones I hadn't seen.

I loved the one of Victoria Frederica standing in front of the assembled group of people and Elena walking towards her back into the group, so they can take an official pic of the group.

Back
Top Bottom