Baptism of Irene Urdangarín: July 14, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elsa M.

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
--
Country
Portugal
This thread is dedicated to the baptism of Cristina and Iñaki's daughter, Irene Urdangarín y de Borbón.
The ceremony will take place in the Summer, with Rosario Nadal and Pedro Lopez Quesada in the role of godparents.

Last edited:
Queen Sofia is in Barcelona with the Infantas and the children, to prepare the baptism of Irene. The Royal family got together with Irene's godparents, Rosario Nadal and Pedro Lopez Quesada, to prepare the ceremonies.
Photos from ImagineScandinavia:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 668
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 641
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 605
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 561
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 686
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 592
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 654
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 611
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 456
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 536
Rosario Nadal and Pedro Lopez Quesada !! who are they :)

Amira said:
Rosario Nadal and Pedro Lopez Quesada !! who are they :)
They're the godparents of little Irene. Rosario Nadal is the wife of Prince Kyril of Bulgaria and Pedro Lopez Quesada is the husband of Cristina de Borbón Dos Sicilias.

Elsa M. said:
This thread is dedicated to the baptism of Cristina and Iñaki's daughter, Irene Urdangarín y de Borbón.
The ceremony will take place in Barcelona, with Rosario Nadal and Pedro Lopez Quesada in the role of godparents.

Dear Elsa...:) are you sure that the baptism will take place in Barcelona? :confused:
I think that all the baptisms in the Royal Family has taken place in La Zarzuela, Madrid, even for the members of the family who doesn't live in Madrid, as Infanta Cristina & Iñaki.
Maybe this time will be different... ¿?:confused:¿?

i also think so isabella...

did they announce it officially that it will be in barcelona? ???
(any dates given?)

isabella_ said:
Dear Elsa...:) are you sure that the baptism will take place in Barcelona? :confused:
Not sure. The photos I posted above were taken in Barcelona ang GettyImages accompanied the pic with a legend saying that Queen Sofia was in Barcelona, to prepare the baptism of Irene... But it's not a reliable source, so we'll have to wait for more informations... I'll just delete that information from my previous post, till we have any confirmation.

Last edited:
Elsa M. said:
Not sure. The photos I posted above were taken in Barcelona ang GettyImages accompanied the pic with a legend saying that Queen Sofia was in Barcelona, to prepare the baptism of Irene... But it's not a reliable source, so we'll have to wait for more informations...

OK Elsa, thanks for the explanation.;)

An article about the photos posted above:
http://www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es/reportajes/2797_1.html

The Duke of Palm organized a lunch in Barcelona with Quenn Sofia and the godparents of his daughter, to ultimate the details of Irene’s baptism, which is planned mid July.

Last Sunday, part of the Spanish Royal Family met at the Royal Club of Tennis of Barcelona. Iñaki Urdangarín and Infanta Cristina organized the appointment, but she did not attend it, surely because she preferred to rest next to her daughter Irene, who was born last June 5th.

Iñaki Urdangarín had lunch with his mother-in-law, Doña Sofia, and with the godparents of his daughter, Rosario Nadal (who is the wife of prince Kyril of Bulgaria) and Pedro Lopez-Quesada (husband of Cristina de Borbón-Dos Sicilias, cousin of Infanta Cristina). The lunch was also attended by the children, Juan Valentín, Pablo Nicholás, Miguel and their cousins, Froilán and Victoria Federica. The Dukes of Lugo also joined the meeting, since Infanta Elena was at the Royal Club of Pole, participating in an equestrian contest.

After the lunch, which lasted for more than two hours, they all went to the residence of the Dukes of Palma, to see the Infanta and her girl. Iñaki and Cristina still live in a floor of Pedralbes, since the works on their new house, a villa in the same district, are still running for long.

http://www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es/reportajes/2797_1.html

From Diez Minutos

Urdangarín completes the baptism of Irene

The Duke of Palm organized a food in Barcelona with Reina and
the padrinos of his daughter to speak of the details of the ceremony.

Iñaki and Doña Sofía to the entrance of the restaurant of the Real
Club of Tennis.

The past Sunday, part of the Spanish Royal Family met in the Real Club of Tennis of Barcelona, closely together of the address of the Dukes of Palm, in the district of Pedralbes.
Iñaki Urdangarín and infant Cristina organized the appointment, but it did not attend surely because she preferred to remain resting next to his Irene daughter, that it was born the past 5 of June.
The sixth granddaughter of the Kings was the protagonist of the
meeting, since the appointment was summoned to complete the details of its
baptism, anticipated for half-full of July.

The Dukes of Lugo got up themselves later.

Iñaki Urdangarín had lunch with its mother-in-law, Doña Sofía, and with that they will be padrinos of its daughter, Rosary Nadal and Pedro Lopez-Quesada.
The Duke of Palm took to his three children, Juan Valentin, Pablo Nicholas and Miguel, that they also met with its cousins, Froilán and Victoria Federica.
The parents of these last ones, the Dukes of Lugo, they were gotten up later to the food, since infant Elena was in the Real Club of Pole participating in an
equestrian aid.

They visited Cristina and the small Irene

Froilán with its cousins, Miguel and Pablo.

Reina, that there is been very pending of its daughter Cristina and the small
Irene, it shared to tier moments to us with its grandsons, contentments of being able to play with its cousins.
Once again, Froilán was the plus travieso.
The first-born of the Dukes of Lugo slid when coming out by a railing
of the restaurant and their sister and her cousins followed to him.
Doña Sofía watched them and finally she requested that they lower to
them, reprimanding to its greater grandson with affection.

The padrinos will be rosary Nadal and Pedro Lopez Quesada.
The padrinos of Irene are great friends of the Dukes of Palm: Nadal Rosary, that it is married with prince Kyril of Bulgaria, and Pedro Lopez Quesada, husband of Cristina de Borbón-Dos the Sicilies, premium of infant Cristina.
After the food, that it was extended more than two hours, all went to the address of the Dukes of Palm to see the Infant and her girl.
Iñaki and Cristina continue living in a floor in Pedralbes with their
children, since the works of its new address, a villa in the same district, they go for length.

Irene will be christened in july 14.

From ElSemanalDigital

20 of June of 2005.

The Dukes of Palm are making the last decisions so that the next baptism of littleIrene is a success. This special day will be celebrated in the middle of July, at the pic of summer.

As much the Infant as her husband knows safe that they want for this day to reunite their most intimate and than they do not wish a celebration multitudinaria.

Joining them, there will be the grandparents, uncles and cousins of the little Irene, in addition to their most intimate friends. Among them there will be, of course, the godparents of the sixth granddaughter of the Kings of Spain: Rosary Nadal (wife of Kyril of Bulgaria) and Pedro Lopez-Quesada (husband of Cristina de Borbón the Two Sicilies, cousin of the infants and Prince Felipe).

Don Iñaki Urdangarín, while his wife rested with little Irene, had already a lunch in Barcelona with The Queen and the Godparents of his daughter to speak about the details of the ceremony.

They had already fixed several things...

Little Irene did receive at the beginning of June the civil baptism of hands of the President of the Generalitat Pasqual Maragall.

Now only it is left the religious ceremony that will take place in Madrid and, as it is tradition, in the same baptismal sink of the Real Palace - made of gold and silver at the beginning of century XI - with the same shell and with water of the Jordán River.

The sixth granddaughter of the Kings of Spain is called Irene like tribute to the sister of Doña Sofía. This Greek Princess lives with the sovereigns and is the only lady of company of The Queen. She will receive the title of great of Spain, but not of princess.

Forgive any mistakes my translation must have. I have no time to check it... I just wanted that you knew the Christening will be held in Madrid since this was a question unanswered (at least I this so :eek: ).

Regards.

The baptism of the daughter of the Dukes of Palm will be the 14 of July.

EFE/Madrid

Irene Urdangarín Borbón, fourth son of the Dukes of Palm and sixth grandson of the Kings, will be baptized next the 14 of July at noon in the Palace of the Zarzuela, informed to EFE sources next to the House into the King. The padrinos of new born, intimate friends of the Dukes of Palm, will be Nadal Rosary, wife of Prince Kyril of Bulgaria, and Pedro Lopez Quesada, married with Cristina de Borbón the Two Sicilies, daughter of the Infant Don Carlos.

mtbcm said:
the religious ceremony that will take place in Madrid and, as it is tradition, in the same baptismal sink of the Real Palace - made of gold and silver at the beginning of century XI - with the same shell and with water of the Jordán River.
lula said:
Irene Urdangarín Borbón, fourth son of the Dukes of Palm and sixth grandson of the Kings, will be baptized next the 14 of July at noon in the Palace of the Zarzuela
Thank you very much for the articles. :)
So, the baptism will take place in Madrid, after all. Now the only doubt is whether it will take place at the Royal Palace (as posted by mtbcm) or at La Zarzuela (as posted by lula).

Elmundo and Terra also say that it will be at La Zarzuela:
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/06/20/sociedad/1119292985.html
http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/bautizo_irene_duques_palma_362211.htm

Last edited:
The baptisms are always in the Palace of the Zarzuela (in a hall or the garden), but the baptismal battery belongs to the Real Palace

O.K, thanks again, Lula.
That makes sense.

Has someone read at what hour it is Irene's baptism? I imagine that it is in the evening, because I have read that the King has a hearing day in the morning. Also I wonder if they will do it in the gardens like other times have done, it is very nice, I like it almost more than when they do it in the lounges. Though with the heat that does (Madrid returns to be in alert for the high temperatures) if they do it in the garden it will have to be at the last hour because but neither the children nor the Princess Letizia are going to bear it.

From abc:

Irene Urdangarín Borbón, sixth grandson of the Kings, will be baptized tomorrow, at 19:30, in the Palace of the Operetta, the same place in which her brothers and cousins were baptized

lula said:
From abc:

Irene Urdangarín Borbón, sixth grandson of the Kings, will be baptized tomorrow, at 19:30, in the Palace of the Operetta, the same place in which her brothers and cousins were baptized

The time is GMT + 1

http://sevilla.abc.es/sevilla/pg050713/actualidad/gente/200507/13/irene_urdangarin_borbon_bautizo_zarzuela.asp

Irene Urdangarín Borbón, the sixth grandchild of the Kings, will be baptized tomorrow, at 7:30 p.m., at the Palace of La Zarzuela, the same place where her brothers and cousins were also christened. Irene will be baptized with water from the Jordan river, and will recieve as godparents two intimate friends of Cristina and Iñaki: Rosario Nadal (wife of Kyril of Bulgaria) and Pedro Lopez Quesada (husband of Cristina de Borbón Dos Sicilias).

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/irene_urdangarin_borbon_zarzuela_400309.htm

It will be an intimate and familiar ceremony with the gardens located in front of the main entrance of La Zarzuela as scenary. It shall be a sunny and warm evening, according to the meteorological forecasts. The archbishop of Madrid, Antonio Maria Rouco Varela, helped by the military archbishop, Francisco Perez, will baptize the new born with water brought from the Jordan river.
All the Royal Family (the Princess of Asturias on her fifth month of pregnancy) will attend it, as well as the paternal grandparents, Juan Maria Urdangarín and Clara Liebaert, uncles and cousins, along with some friends of the Dukes of Palma.

Last edited:
I hope that the ceremony is not very long, because these days it is hot in Spain; the women the best that go with the fan, especially the Princess Letizia. I have desire of seeing that suits go, though since it is a baptism they will go simple enough, I imagine that the Infanta Elena will surprise with someone of her suits. And to seeing like all the children go, that it is sure that they do not stop a moment, how in Miguel's baptism.

Will the baptism be televised? Or will they keep it private?

It will not be televised directly, but there will be images of television and photographies.

I'm so excited for tomorrow. I love to see the whole family together!

GrandDuchess said:
Will the baptism be televised? Or will they keep it private?

i think its would be private or not! i dont think its would getting set-up as LIVE on the tv in the world im sure its only in Spain i think so im not sure my answer

Sara Boyce

Does anyone know if the child of Felipe and Letizia will also be baptized at the Zarzuela or will it be done in a church since this will be the heir to the throne?

Back
Top Bottom