Baby Girl for Cristina and Iñaki! Irene Urdangarín y de Borbón: June 5, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.estrelladigital.es/articulo.asp?sec=esp&fech=08/06/05&name=infanta

The Infanta Cristina left this afternoon the Teknon Clinic in Barcelona with her daughter Irene in her arms after receiving the medical release.

The Infanta and her husband Iñaki Urdangarin, smiling a lot, have showed their daughter for the first time to the media and said that Irene "behaves well and eats well" and that her three brothers "have received her very well".

The Dukes of Palma have left the clinic at 7 pm, just after Queen Sofia and Princess Irene of Greece.

The little Irene with the family

Attachments

• irene.JPG
    irene.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,792
Caption:
Barcelona, SPAIN: Spain's Princess Cristina and her husband Inaki Urdangarin smile during the official presentation of their newborn daughter Irene, the first girl after three boys Juan (R), Pablo (C) and Miguel, in Teknon Clinic in Barcelona, 08 June 2005.

Attachments

• 53037948.jpg
    53037948.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,102
  • 53037955.jpg
    53037955.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 387
Last edited by a moderator:
The Dukes of Palma Princess Cristina and her husband Inaki Urdangarin smile during the official presentation of their newborn daughter Irene, the first girl after three boys, at the Teknon Clinic in Barcelona, 08 June 2005 .

Attachments

• afplive782015.jpg
    afplive782015.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 816
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,339
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 350
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 870
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 328
Another one

Attachments

• irene1.JPG
    irene1.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 645
Irene looks so very tiny. Especially when you see her brothers in front of her.

The parents seem very fond of dressing their sons in similar looking outfits. I can understand it, though, it must be easier to shop when just trying to find three different sizes rather than three different outfits that match for the time in the spotlight. I wonder if they will follow through with Irene as well?

what weight of Irene when she was born im American and Christina have natural birth or c-section?

Sara Boyce

more photos

Attachments

• a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 971
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 962
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 309
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 265
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 294
and a few more

Attachments

• c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 894
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 873
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 881
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 256
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 705
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 395
Thank you for the first pictures of little Irene!! :)
She is so cute. I can´t see much resemblance, neither to her parents nor to her brothers. But I can see, that she´s already a little beauty.

Thanx for the beautiful pics, she is really a beautiful baby.

and more pic

Attachments

• q1.jpg
    q1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 577
  • 53038293.jpg
    53038293.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 992
  • q2.jpg
    q2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,207
  • q7.jpg
    q7.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 823
  • r613707905.jpg
    r613707905.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 821
  • q3.jpg
    q3.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 423
Since it's the first time I post here, I just want to say congrats to Cristina and Iñaki for their beautiful baby. How wonderful family they have! Irene is so lovely! And as I can see, she has a nose like Miguel's. My mom is called Irene and I didn't know its meaning. For me, it's strange to see a baby called Irene cos it's always has been my mom name. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the pics. She is a beauty like her mother and she will be daddy's little girl.:)

sara1981 said:
what weight of Irene when she was born im American and Christina have natural birth or c-section?

Sara Boyce

Cristina had a natural birth and Irene weighed 8.1 pounds and measured nearly 20 inches.

Thanks for the pictures...Inaki looks so proud and happy...it's really beautiful to see this lovely family.

She is just SO CUTE !! what a great family !! :)

more to come

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 553
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 429
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 385
  • w5.jpg
    w5.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 438
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 352
  • w5.jpg
    w5.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 6,113
Cute!

Oh she is beautiful! Thank you for the photographs! :) :cool: ;)

Cristina and Inaki seem thrilled! Congratulations to them both and the whole family! :)

I'm VERY happy for Infanta Cristina of Spain. God give to her Family joy, health and peace!!!!

Last edited:
Infanta Cristina

How old is the Infanta Cristina?

Thank you to whoever answers.

Girl

I am so pleased that they have had a girl at last! :)

I thought that the Queen did stop smoking many years ago (response to a post on section4)?

Almost. She´ll be 40 on June 13th. What a nice present to celebrate with. Irene is one of the cutest babies ever...:)

http://es.news.yahoo.com/050608/185/43pjd.html

The Dukes of Palma presented their daughter to the press and commented that Irene "behaves and eats well", and that her three brothers "received her very well" and they are "calmer than we expected", refering to the possible appearance of jealousy among the youngest. However, they noticed that "it will be necessary to wait a little more" to see their reaction, although in these first days the children "have made many drawings to give to their new sister".
Irene Urdangarín was dressed in white, and during more than 10 minutes of presentation, she remained asleep almost all time, except in a while. According to her parents, the girl, who has very blond hair, resembles her brother Pablo, but she also has similar characteristics to her other two brothers.

Infanta Cristina said that "in the clinic, all children behave well", and she emphasized that "it will be necessary to see how she will behave at home".

When the parents were asked if the family may increase, they answered that "so far, we don’t plan more children", and they announced that the baptism of Irene will happen before Summer, although they were not able to precise the date, since "it is necessary to arrange many agendas".

During the act, Miguel, the youngest brother, approached his sister and caressed her face, while Pablo assented with the head, when he was asked if he was happy.

Iñaki Urdangarín also took his daughter in the arms and then Infanta Cristina smiled and joked: "this is the photo".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom