Baby Girl for Cristina and Iñaki! Irene Urdangarín y de Borbón: June 5, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BRAVO, BRAVO !!!! A LITLE GRIL FINALLY

Congratulations to Cristina, Inaki and the boys...i'm so excited for them.

Congratulations to the couple. :)

The queen has to stop smoking. Her teeth are yellow!:eek:
From Terra:

Attachments

• 71f97880d5b58g.jpg
    71f97880d5b58g.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 400
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so happy for them! After three boys, a little girl is now part of the family. Wow. This baby girl will have an army of big brothers; dating will be interesting to watch. :p

I love the name they gave her. So simple and yet so elegant.

Must be such a happy time for the family.

Elsa M. said:
Photos of Iñaki at the press conference and Elena arriving at the hospital.

From Terra:
He obviously can't hide the tremendous joy of having a new baby. Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Palma!

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to Cristina, Iñaki, and the entire Royal Family. So nice that they finally have a girl after three boys and what a beautiful name :).

The remaining photos from Terra:

Attachments

• 71f97880df3c0g.jpg
    71f97880df3c0g.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 71f97880e3dfeg.jpg
    71f97880e3dfeg.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 287
  • 71f97880e5d41g.jpg
    71f97880e5d41g.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 391
  • 71f97881bab9cg.jpg
    71f97881bab9cg.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 463
  • 71f97881c95a0g.jpg
    71f97881c95a0g.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 420
Congratulations to the parents ...i'm sooooooo happy for them , a Baby Girl Finally :)

Congratulations to the family.
cheer.gif
I'm not too fond of the name, but the meaning is most certainly beautiful. :) I saw an ecstactic King today while watching the finals at Roland Garros and now with the birth of a new grand child the King must be feeling overjoyed.:D

Can't wait for the first pics of little Irene!

Can´t wait indeed for the photos of the baby. Congratulations to the parents. I hope Irene will bring them much joy.

Alisa said:
Congratulations to the family.
cheer.gif
I'm not too fond of the name, but the meaning is most certainly beautiful. :)

I´m also not sure, what to think. It´s one of these names which were given to baby girls in german speaking countries thousands of times between 1960-1980. So I´ve many associativites in my mind...
But you are right the meaning is beautiful and I´m pretty sure it´s pronounced differently in Spain. Unfortunately I don´t get the video clips running, so I don´t know...

How do you pronounce Irene in Spanish? It shouldn't be the same in English, right? I can't open the videos either.

Congratulation to the family. I am very happy for them:)

congratulations to the Cristina and Inaki to there new addition and to the big brothers and to the whole SRF and Inaki's family..

planetcher said:
How do you pronounce Irene in Spanish?
Using the International Phonetic Alphabet, we pronouce it like this:

[irεnə]

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20050606/51186523084.html

Infanta Cristina entered the hospital, yesterday at 9:30 a.m., with small contractions, and gave birth natural and quickly, in only fifteen minutes, shortly before 4 p.m.. The gynaecologist said that the Infanta will remain in the clinic for three days.

Don Juan Carlos received the news at the stadium of Roland Garros by a phone call. Immediately he made an euphoric gesture with his thumb and promptly received the congratulations from the personalities around him. Few minutes after this, the Royal House officially notified the birth. On the other hand, the Queen, who had accompanied the King to Paris, watched the first minutes of the final match, but, at the end of the first set, she left the stadium, to take an airplane back to Barcelona. Doña Sofia declared, at her arrival to the clinic, that she was feeling a special emotion for the fourth child of Infanta Cristina being a girl".

The Dukes of Palma also received the visit of Iñaki’s parents, Juan Maria Urdangarín and Clara Liebaert.

Last edited:
http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/reina_nina_fenomenal_han_pasado_336695.htm

Doña Sofía returned to Madrid, after leaving the Teknon clinic, where she passed the whole night with Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín, who momentarily let the clinic to take the children to school. This morning, the mother of the Duke of Palm, Claire Liebaert also went to the Teknon clinic.

The hospitable centre has made available to the visitors a book of congratulations for the birth of Irene. Besides, this morning begun to arrive at the clinic the traditional branches of flowers, as well as the first gifts.

Queen Sofia leaves the hospital, after passing the night with Infanta Cristina.

From GettyImages:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 458
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 360
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 458
Wow. Congratulations to Inaki and Cristina on the birth of their baby daughter.
I like how they're giving her just one name, quite understated, i must say.

Congratulations to the family!
I love the name Irene, that's my sisters name.

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2336898.htm

Infanta Cristina received this morning the visit of her cousin Cristina de Borbón dos Sicilias, wife of Pedro Lopez Quesada, who will be the godfather of Irene.

At the clinical centre of Barcelona, the Dukes of Palma are receiving as well numerous branches of flowers and little gifts for their first girl, as baby clothes and dollies. Besides, many citizens are writing their dedications in the book that the hospital made available to congratulate the birth of Irene.

On the surroundings of the clinic, there are many people watching the arriving of personalities and relatives of the Dukes of Palma, on the occasion of the birth of their daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom