Infanta Elena: Pictures as a Girl and Young Woman

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elena has the Borbon nose and some of KJC features

Overall, I think Elena looks more like Queen Sofia. Whereas, Christina and Felipe looks more like King JC

It's very funy because for me Felipe looks more german that spanish boy; it's means he looks more his mother than JC . As said the Queen speaking de Leonor just after her birth :" rasgos de los dos " .........

Two pics from 1990 :)
sm6bk1.jpg
sm6bt1.jpg

(FIS)

I think Elena and Christina look more like King JC, whereas Felipe looks more like Queen Sophia.

Elena bears a striking resemblance to its mother ;)

monica821 said:
Elena bears a striking resemblance to its mother ;)

I agree with you M!
Once again K, you are the official picture archive person of the TRF!
you always find the best photos;) ;)

crisiñaki said:
Once again K, you are the official picture archive person of the TRF! you always find the best photos;) ;)
A new title for me :D thanks a lot N :)

Elena with Michael Gorbatschow in 1990:

zt9n49.jpg

(HOLA)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow K!
Thanks soo much for that pic, it's the first time I've ever seen Elena wearing the Diamond flower Tiara, she usually gets the Hellenic ones:)

You are most welcome :) I had not noticed that as I was too much concentrated on that huge dress ;)

iceflower said:
You are most welcome :) I had not noticed that as I was too much concentrated on that huge dress ;)

lol, that's one big shouldered dress, but I've seen her in biggest outfits in the *shudders* 80's, even if the early 90's still had some of that collateral damage;)

RhapsodyBrat said:
or Mikhail Gorbachev ;)
:) I wrote the name the way we write it here in Germany :)
And N. I hope fashion will never bring us back those big shouldered dresses :p ;)

iceflower said:
:)
And N. I hope fashion will never bring us back those big shouldered dresses :p ;)

Don't worry I wouldn't wear that things even if someone put a gun in my head!:eek::cool:
Thankfully, I've never been a fashion victim;)

I think that Infanta Elena has a striking ressemblance to one of her ancestors in the Borbon's side: the Queen Maria Luisa de Borbón -Parma, Carlos IV's wife and Godoy lover...Yes; the one who was portrayed by Goya so many times. She even has the same way of smiling...And Froilan and little Victoria are the spitting image of her too...In a nicer way, of course...:rolleyes:

Vanesa.

iceflower said:
:) I wrote the name the way we write it here in Germany :)

oh okay...thought so, because we don't translate names here in the Philippines. :D

but thanks so much for the pics! i haven't seen them before. ;)

You are most welcome, RhapsodyBrat. Me, I would prefer if names were not translated just like you do it in the Philippines :)

Elena receiving a trophy in 1994:

10e3dbd.jpg
10e3dvk.jpg

(SEMANA)

Elena in her mother's arms in 1964 - the pic was taken at the airport of Athen as they were going to the wedding of Sofia's brother:

15cj6vm.jpg

(Ullstein)

iceflower said:
Elena in her mother's arms in 1964 - the pic was taken at the airport of Athen as they were going to the wedding of Sofia's brother:

(Ullstein)
You're a star, K!!! :) :)
Thank you very much!!! The photo is beautiful!!

What a wonderful picture! Elena has not changed since she was a baby girl, LOL! :D

Vanesa.

iceflower said:
(Ullstein)

in this pic, the expression on Elena's face certainly reminds me of Victoria Federica as a baby! :)

I like the expressive thing that she is Elena, she is a charming woman, thanks again for the photos :D :D !!!!!

elena look really exactly like the quen sofia!!!

corazon said:
elena look really exactly like the quen sofia!!!
Elena has different nose (of course :rolleyes: ) and different eye's color!
But she is so elegant as her sister and her mother... ;)

...JuAnItA... said:
Elena has different nose (of course :rolleyes: ) and different eye's color!
But she is so elegant as her sister and her mother... ;)

Yeah, the women of this family (specially the Greek side) are incredibly elegant without even trying, it's so awesome!:)

...JuAnItA... said:
You're a star, K!!! :) :)
Thank you very much!!! The photo is beautiful!!

You are all so welcome! :)
Here are some pics from 1995 taken at a military ceremony:

15mlmz8.jpg
15mlnjm.jpg
15mlnrn.jpg

(Diez Minutos)

LaChicaMadrilena said:
The last one is sooo funny!:)
I think so too. There have surely been even more men surrounding her, as the pic is only showing parts of it..:)
Elena in Argentina in 1990:

15pqw4g.jpg
15pqz6g.jpg
15pr3u9.jpg

(FIS)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom