Felipe Froilán & Victoria Federica de Marichalar News & Events 3 : May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the article, I translate that she was in the bullring when the incident occurred, she was watching him , she was witness of it :eek::eek::eek::ohmy:

Yes, she did. In may he already had a very serious accident in Las Ventas. I truly wonder why he is willing to risk his life over and over again.

Apparently he got sick this time.
According to the news she watched it all. It was even said that Victoria Federica and Gonzalo were dating, but there was never certainty whether it was true or not.
I hate bullfighting, it's completely anachronistic events that should no longer exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard there's (rightly, in my view) a backlash against bullfighting amongst a lot of young Spaniards, particularly in cities like Madrid that are more cosmopolitan, so I was quite surprised to hear that Victoria Federica is a fan of the "sport". However, it seems that she's close to Juan Carlos, so I guess when one spends a lot of time with a grandfather who's got an avid interesting in bullfighting, it's not really surprising at all that she's also the same.

I've heard there's (rightly, in my view) a backlash against bullfighting amongst a lot of young Spaniards, particularly in cities like Madrid that are more cosmopolitan, so I was quite surprised to hear that Victoria Federica is a fan of the "sport". However, it seems that she's close to Juan Carlos, so I guess when one spends a lot of time with a grandfather who's got an avid interesting in bullfighting, it's not really surprising at all that she's also the same.

Why bring her grandfather in this? There is an even bigger fan of bullfighting : Victoria's own mother Infanta Doña Elena....

Gonzalo Caballero was gored by the bull in the groin and pierced a femoral vein,he was very lucky he did not bleed to death.

Personally I think bullfighting is disgusting and Victoria,Felipe,Elena,old King Juan Carlos and King Felipe should have no association with such a barbaric 'sport'.

Gonzalo Caballero was gored by the bull in the groin and pierced a femoral vein,he was very lucky he did not bleed to death.

Personally I think bullfighting is disgusting and Victoria,Felipe,Elena,old King Juan Carlos and King Felipe should have no association with such a barbaric 'sport'.

I think King Felipe is not fond of bullfighting, rarely do he appear in a bullfight.
Juan Carlos, Infanta Elena and her children are very fond of these events, unfortunately.
Queen Letizia and Queen Sofia don't think they like bullfighting.
In Spain and Portugal too, there are many people who like bullfighting, but fortunately they are less and less.
In Portugal there are more and more people against bullfighting and few assume they like these events. Even politicians are few who assume they like bullfighting.
In Spain it is different, bullfighting is more rooted there. But I think there are also a lot of people who are against bullfighting.

I think King Felipe is not fond of bullfighting, rarely do he appear in a bullfight.
Juan Carlos, Infanta Elena and her children are very fond of these events, unfortunately.
Queen Letizia and Queen Sofia don't think they like bullfighting.
In Spain and Portugal too, there are many people who like bullfighting, but fortunately they are less and less.
In Portugal there are more and more people against bullfighting and few assume they like these events. Even politicians are few who assume they like bullfighting.
In Spain it is different, bullfighting is more rooted there. But I think there are also a lot of people who are against bullfighting.

I visit Provence a lot and in southern France bullfighting is also found, but is obviously not as commonly followed as it is in Spain and perhaps Portugal (I don't know much about Portuguese bullfighting culture, so I could be wrong here). There's a bullfighting ring in the Provencal town of Frejus and probably quite a few more even further south.

The anti-bullfighting movement is growing in Madrid and a couple of years ago one of the largest protests took place in the city with people travelling from across Spain to join. The movement's slogan is Tortura no es arte ni cultura - "torture is neither an art nor culture". Here's an article on this particular protest if anyone's interested:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/709690/Protesters-Spain-anti-bullfighting-rally

Sorry for going slightly OT, I'm just interested in this topic and thought it might interest some other posters here, too.

:previous:
Yes in France there is also this tradition of bullfighting.
In Portugal where this tradition exists the most is in the South, where this tradition is most rooted.
I think that over time this tradition will end.

So it's her new boyfriend?

:previous: I'd presume so judging from the way the article described Victoria and Jorge's relationship, but that could be the translation.

That is what is implied (inseparable since they met last summer etc); they don't call him her 'novio' (yet) but her 'new best friend'. Another article by Hola includes a picture in which they pose with their hands intertwined (at one of his DJ jobs).

Golly gosh they even gave her a tiara for the photo shoot :eek:

Felipe's girlfriend Mar Torres has given an interview to Spanish Vanity Fair and has talked about her relationship with Felipe - "Our relationship will never end":

** revistavanityfair: EXCLUSIVA· Mar Torres, novia de Froilán: "Es mi bastón y yo el suyo. Nuestra relación no se va a acabar nunca" ** translation **
Not impressed by her first interview. It seems that the two of them really enjoy spending time with each other which is wonderful, however, in general her life seems rather superficial (unfortunately rather consistent with the image we seem from many rich young people who focus on fashion and beauty and not much else); her outcry that she's only 21 so hasn't done 'much' yet, while at the same time revealing that she had her nose 'done' (by the same plastic surgent as queen Letizia), had her lips filled and has an appointment that same day to 'suck' some of the 'fat' from her cheeks, sounds as if this is just the beginning of many more to come... And apparently, she decided to become an 'influencer', personally I don't think that goes well with dating the king's nephew but I don't think Felipe (the king; not the nephew) has much of a say in to.

But this is the interview of Mar Flores, not Victoria Federica; just mention at the end that they already know each other, but nothing more.

I agree with this. It seems as if Victoria is in a bubble of the world of glamorous high society and is rather ignorant to everything else. She came across as quite arrogant to me, which is a shame because I used to like her the most out of Elena's children.

Maybe you misunderstood who was interviewed? It was Felipe's girlfriend, Mar Torres-not his sister Victoria.

At least one member of the King's family paid a visit to Baqueria Beret once a popular spot for the SRF in past years.

Not impressed by her first interview. It seems that the two of them really enjoy spending time with each other which is wonderful, however, in general her life seems rather superficial (unfortunately rather consistent with the image we seem from many rich young people who focus on fashion and beauty and not much else); her outcry that she's only 21 so hasn't done 'much' yet, while at the same time revealing that she had her nose 'done' (by the same plastic surgent as queen Letizia), had her lips filled and has an appointment that same day to 'suck' some of the 'fat' from her cheeks, sounds as if this is just the beginning of many more to come... And apparently, she decided to become an 'influencer', personally I don't think that goes well with dating the king's nephew but I don't think Felipe (the king; not the nephew) has much of a say in to.

Froilán is the King's nephew and still 4th in line, but he is not an HRH or a member of the (official) Royal Family, and he doesn't have any public role in Spain nor will probably ever have. So, whoever he dates, it is his own private business only. The media will cover it because they are local celebrities/socialites in Spain and that is pretty much it.

Last edited:
It seems that Victoria and Jorge are happy with each other and they look like a good couple together too. I wish them well! ?

Back
Top Bottom