The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-14-2019, 05:48 PM
Courtier

In the article, I translate that she was in the bullring when the incident occurred, she was watching him , she was witness of it

Old 10-14-2019, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, she did. In may he already had a very serious accident in Las Ventas. I truly wonder why he is willing to risk his life over and over again.

Old 10-14-2019, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

That's what happen when you torture animals for fun….
Old 10-14-2019, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently he got sick this time.
According to the news she watched it all. It was even said that Victoria Federica and Gonzalo were dating, but there was never certainty whether it was true or not.
I hate bullfighting, it's completely anachronistic events that should no longer exist.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I've heard there's (rightly, in my view) a backlash against bullfighting amongst a lot of young Spaniards, particularly in cities like Madrid that are more cosmopolitan, so I was quite surprised to hear that Victoria Federica is a fan of the "sport". However, it seems that she's close to Juan Carlos, so I guess when one spends a lot of time with a grandfather who's got an avid interesting in bullfighting, it's not really surprising at all that she's also the same.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-15-2019, 06:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I've heard there's (rightly, in my view) a backlash against bullfighting amongst a lot of young Spaniards, particularly in cities like Madrid that are more cosmopolitan, so I was quite surprised to hear that Victoria Federica is a fan of the "sport". However, it seems that she's close to Juan Carlos, so I guess when one spends a lot of time with a grandfather who's got an avid interesting in bullfighting, it's not really surprising at all that she's also the same.
Why bring her grandfather in this? There is an even bigger fan of bullfighting : Victoria's own mother Infanta Doña Elena....
Old 10-16-2019, 02:07 AM
Administrator

Victoria Federica was photographed in Madrid yesterday, October 15. Spanish Hola titles that she "regained her smile" as her friend bullfighter Gonzalo Caballero was in a stable condition again:

** hola: Victoria Federica recupera la sonrisa ante la mejoría de Gonzalo Caballero **
Old 10-16-2019, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Gonzalo Caballero was gored by the bull in the groin and pierced a femoral vein,he was very lucky he did not bleed to death.

Personally I think bullfighting is disgusting and Victoria,Felipe,Elena,old King Juan Carlos and King Felipe should have no association with such a barbaric 'sport'.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Gonzalo Caballero was gored by the bull in the groin and pierced a femoral vein,he was very lucky he did not bleed to death.

Personally I think bullfighting is disgusting and Victoria,Felipe,Elena,old King Juan Carlos and King Felipe should have no association with such a barbaric 'sport'.
I think King Felipe is not fond of bullfighting, rarely do he appear in a bullfight.
Juan Carlos, Infanta Elena and her children are very fond of these events, unfortunately.
Queen Letizia and Queen Sofia don't think they like bullfighting.
In Spain and Portugal too, there are many people who like bullfighting, but fortunately they are less and less.
In Portugal there are more and more people against bullfighting and few assume they like these events. Even politicians are few who assume they like bullfighting.
In Spain it is different, bullfighting is more rooted there. But I think there are also a lot of people who are against bullfighting.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I think King Felipe is not fond of bullfighting, rarely do he appear in a bullfight.
Juan Carlos, Infanta Elena and her children are very fond of these events, unfortunately.
Queen Letizia and Queen Sofia don't think they like bullfighting.
In Spain and Portugal too, there are many people who like bullfighting, but fortunately they are less and less.
In Portugal there are more and more people against bullfighting and few assume they like these events. Even politicians are few who assume they like bullfighting.
In Spain it is different, bullfighting is more rooted there. But I think there are also a lot of people who are against bullfighting.
I visit Provence a lot and in southern France bullfighting is also found, but is obviously not as commonly followed as it is in Spain and perhaps Portugal (I don't know much about Portuguese bullfighting culture, so I could be wrong here). There's a bullfighting ring in the Provencal town of Frejus and probably quite a few more even further south.

The anti-bullfighting movement is growing in Madrid and a couple of years ago one of the largest protests took place in the city with people travelling from across Spain to join. The movement's slogan is Tortura no es arte ni cultura - "torture is neither an art nor culture". Here's an article on this particular protest if anyone's interested:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/natur...fighting-rally

Sorry for going slightly OT, I'm just interested in this topic and thought it might interest some other posters here, too.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes in France there is also this tradition of bullfighting.
In Portugal where this tradition exists the most is in the South, where this tradition is most rooted.
I think that over time this tradition will end.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Felipe visited bullfighter Gonzalo Caballero at the hospital:

** hola: Felipe de Marichalar y Gonzalo Caballero, una amistad en las buenas... y en las malas **
Old 10-30-2019, 07:34 AM
Administrator

A few days ago Victoria attended a party of the sisters Margarita and Carlota de Alcocer:

** hola: En ¡HOLA!, la gran puesta de largo de las hijas de Alberto de Alcocer y Margarita Hernández **
Old 11-20-2019, 04:20 AM
Administrator

Spanish Hola has some new photos of Victoria with Jorge Bárcenas:

** hola: En ¡HOLA!: Victoria Federica y Jorge Bárcenas, besos y deporte **
Old 11-20-2019, 06:19 AM
Majesty

So it's her new boyfriend?
Old 11-20-2019, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'd presume so judging from the way the article described Victoria and Jorge's relationship, but that could be the translation.

Old 11-20-2019, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent

That is what is implied (inseparable since they met last summer etc); they don't call him her 'novio' (yet) but her 'new best friend'. Another article by Hola includes a picture in which they pose with their hands intertwined (at one of his DJ jobs).
Old 12-10-2019, 04:35 AM
Administrator

Spanish Hola has found a short instagram story of Victoria doing some karaoke:

** hola: Victoria de Marichalar muestra su lado más divertido en un improvisado karaoke con amigos **
Old 12-14-2019, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Spanish Hola has unearthed another private moment of Victoria celebrating with friends:

** hola: ¡Sin parar de bailar! La noche de fiesta de Victoria de Marichalar con amigas (y con Jorge Bárcenas) **
Old 12-17-2019, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Felipe's girlfriend Mar Torres has given an interview to Spanish Vanity Fair and has talked about her relationship with Felipe - "Our relationship will never end":

** revistavanityfair: EXCLUSIVA· Mar Torres, novia de Froilán: "Es mi bastón y yo el suyo. Nuestra relación no se va a acabar nunca" ** translation **