Elena, Felipe Froilán &Victoria Federica de Marichalar, News 2:June 2007- May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this is the wrong thread, and I know this is two weeks old, but I didn't see anything on the Spanish forum about this incident. Thoughts?

I was really appalled. It reminded me of the kind of arrogant, entitled behavior exhibited by some other members of the family.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ince-in-racist-rant-at-Madrid-theme-park.html

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Felipe Juan Froilán & Victoria Federica de Marichalar, News Part 2: June 2007 -

I think this behavior was appalling. This is no boys being boys thing, this sounds like an absolutely toxic level of privilege and total lack of consideration for others. He's 16 and if he doesn't know better then to behave that way, something's gone very wrong.

And this happened in a public space in front of witnesses where there was no expectation of privacy, so I'm glad he's being held accountable in the press

A spoiled young adolescent......yes. What I would like to do is give Froilan a swift kick in the pants, but I think he hasn't had anyone actually say the word "no" to him all his life. Yes, his parents divorced and I'm sure it was rough for him and his sister and I have the feeling both children were indulged in by both parents to make up for the situation. Yes, Jaime had a stroke, but he appears to be doing well for the last several years, Froilan needs tough guidance and yes, even if he's doing poorly in school. We don't know if it's truly being unable to understand and perform his academic work or if he just doesn't give a rip and uses it to gain attention. I hate to say it and brand Froilan, but I can foresee him as being continually in trouble all his life for one reason or another.
Perhaps the military would be good for him. A military school other than in England or the US where he isn't catered too and has to learn discipline.
The trouble is, a young man has to have good academic qualifications to enter. I just see how much the military helped the Wales brothers. However, on another Royal MB, an interview was posted by Elena and she stated both children were doing well and no problems. Time will tell.

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread, and I know this is two weeks old, but I didn't see anything on the Spanish forum about this incident. Thoughts?

I was really appalled. It reminded me of the kind of arrogant, entitled behavior exhibited by some other members of the family.

Spain prince in racist rant at Madrid theme park - Telegraph

Yes, it was already posted... i don't know if I found it in the general news... a disgraceful incident indeed...:sad:

Spain prince in racist rant at Madrid theme park - Telegraph

This incident has been discussed for over two pages on this thread now?

This incident has been discussed for over two pages on this thread now?

I think the message you were quoting was originally posted in another thread but moved here later (which creates a bit of a weird effect ;) )

And here I thought to myself, oh no, what's he done now! :lol:

Speculation about all kinds of disorders have been deleted. Note that such speculation borders libel and will continue to be deleted. Regard this message as a notification.

^^^^^^ Ok sorry about that. That won't happen again

Interesting. Why an US military school and why not Spanish?

Maybe because he probably won't get any favored treatment in the states and/or trying to throw his weight around will get him exactly nowhere. He will be a small fish in a big pond and not the other way like he is used too.

:previous:Exactly. He is virtually unknown here in the US. He will grow up very fast, I think.:ermm:

I also think it will be better for Froilan.You may become more responsible.

For Froilan's sake I hope this will have a positive impact upon him. He's nearly an adult and this seems to be a last ditch attempt to help him.

Why not a European military school? What is wrong with Sandhurst? Is Froilan going to Annapolis or West Point?
:previous:Exactly. He is virtually unknown here in the US. He will grow up very fast, I think.:ermm:
Sandurst could be suitable for Froilan. The academy has King Hamad of Bahrain, King Abdullah of Jordan, Sultan Qaboos of Oman, Prince Henry, and a long list of the Gulf sheikhs as alumni.

Last edited:
He does not need to be with princes and young sheiks. He needs to be with commoners who don't give a flip snippy about who his grandpa is.

Why not a European military school? What is wrong with Sandhurst? Is Froilan going to Annapolis or West Point?

Sandurst could be suitable for Froilan. The academy has King Hamad of Bahrain, King Abdullah of Jordan, Sultan Qaboos of Oman, Prince Henry, and a long list of the Gulf sheikhs as alumni.
I do believe that Froilan would at least needed to have graduated from high school to attend Sandhurst and he hasn't done that yet. Eighty percent of Sandhurst's cadets are university graduates though a university degree is not required for admission.

Last edited:

I think HGD Guillaume of Luxembourg spent time there as well.

The advantage of being in the US vs. in Europe is that-as another poster has pointed out-no one here is aware of the fact that he is the grandson of a king. No one will be influenced by his Royal connections.

At Sandhurst he would have been among young men of his own social rank. The fact that Froilan has no title is a mere technicality. His father is an aristocrat, his mother an Infanta.

He is a prince in all but name.

Why not a European military school? What is wrong with Sandhurst? Is Froilan going to Annapolis or West Point.

Getting into West Point or Annapolis would be impossible without completing high school at the top of your class and then being recommended by your Congressman. That also goes for the Air Force Academy. Unlike Sandhurst, not many non=Americans are given the opportunity to go to these academies. I think Froilan is being sent to a Military School, not a Military Academy.

Isn't he still in highschool? Annapolis and West Point are undergraduate.

Getting into West Point or Annapolis would be impossible without completing high school at the top of your class and then being recommended by your Congressman. That also goes for the Air Force Academy. Unlike Sandhurst, not many non=Americans are given the opportunity to go to these academies. I think Froilan is being sent to a Military School, not a Military Academy.

You're right; that's where he's going. I'm keen on hearing the exact school.

Why the U.S.? Isn't it where the SRF sends their bad boys to lay low for a bit? :p

You're right; that's where he's going. I'm keen on hearing the exact school.

Why the U.S.? Isn't it where the SRF sends their bad boys to lay low for a bit? :p
US and Britain are the two countries of choice for most families when choosing a school for their offspring. How many of the current royals have not attended both undergraduate and graduate schools in the US. US have many excellent schools, high academic standards, great incubators for talent and networking, easy to be anonymous and far away from home.

I hope they have found a school for the young man that suits him. Military schools can be very tough, make it or break it kind of mentality. But they are also very good at making men out of boys.

Mmm something makes me feel he won't be there long. Time will tell

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Very far away and very in love the perfect relationship for Felipe, Royal Family and Spain.

Exactly that i mean TLLK saying previously very far away and very in love.
Sometimes if not always the kids (royals or not like W-A) especially at this age need some distance from their parents :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this 'Military School' is kind of a high school/college that puts high emphasis on military preparation, rigor and physical strength/sports.

It is not a problem to attend college in the US or the UK even when you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so to say, as long as your parents can pay the horrendous fees (not a problem for the SRF).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom