Elena, Felipe Froilán &Victoria Federica de Marichalar, News 2:June 2007- May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Royal Musings, Froilan had bad grades in his exams this year and as a result, is attending a summer school, the Colegio Episcopal Sagrada Familia de Sigüenza. It has also been reported that he will study for seven-nine hours a day, and will only be allowed to use his phone for half an hour before he goes to bed. The summer schools costs €1,540 and apparently eleven bodyguards accompanied him on his arrival:

Royal Musings: Summer school for Froilan.

Last edited:
According to Royal Musings, Froilan had bad grades in his exams this year and as a result, is attending a summer school, the Colegio Episcopal Sagrada Familia de Sigüenza. It has also been reported that he will study for seven-nine hours a day, and will only be allowed to use his phone for half an hour before he goes to bed. The summer schools costs €1,540 and apparently eleven bodyguards accompanied him on his arrival:

Eleven bodyguards?

Is the schooling, etc paid by Eleana or the SRF?

:previous: I know, eleven bodyguards seems very excessive. Just the one would've been more appropriate. I don't know who paid for the summer school, I presume Elena did but again am not 100% sure. :flowers:

Eleven bodyguards sounds excessive seeing as he is no longer a member of the Royal Family and is the Kings nephew.

I am afraid for his future ..
A young kit has to study 7 to 11 hours a day , arriving in his school with eleven bodyguards.
Not good for his integration in his new School .

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even the pope has 11 bodyguards, I doubt it's true. What is not true that Felipe has been struggling in school all along, he might not even finish the mandatory part.

Maybe he is not bright. Why would he have 11 bodyguards. No one knows who he is.

I wonder if he has a learning problem. Maybe ADHD. If so I hope it is being treated. As the Mother of 3 sons with ADHD, I know is can be very stressful,

Spanish press is picking up on the topic of the extreme thinness of Victoria. There were some articles in the german press already last week, with regard to the photos taken at the funeral of Jaime's mother.
La prensa alemana se saca de la manga una polémica inexistente sobre Victoria Federica - Noticias de Casas Reales

Is Victoria still attending school in the UK? I'd not want to live in Spain as a grandchild of the Kings that is not important to the succession.

What an awful article! :sick: I honestly think whoever writes this is terrible. Why would you do something like this to a teenager? :ermm: And of course they are trying to blame it on Letizia again :lol:

Besides, it's not abnormal to be thin at this stage for Victoria. I noticed many girls around Victoria's age are usually thinner. This will be different after 2-3 years. The press is really desperate.

I feel sorry for these royal, or semi-royal, or whatever, kids in the public eye.

Victoria does not look that thin to me, and shame on the press for reporting it period, no matter what her weight.

As for Froilan, sounds like the poor kid has learning disabilities. A special school sounds like it would do more for him than summer school. Although I wonder if there isn't incredible turmoil and conflict behind the scenes in la familia de Bourbon. I'd be surprised if there weren't, and such conflict can trickle down emotionally to the kids in the form of bad grades, bad behavior, etc. I just thought that out of all the grandkids of JC, Victoria and Froilan were spared the worst of it. Perhaps not.

I think their father was not an easy boy and man !
I thought the problems came because of his illness , but people told me that the situation between Elena and him was already before.

Great that Queen Sofia visited him as his other grandmother died a few months ago.

I feel sorry for these royal, or semi-royal, or whatever, kids in the public eye.

Victoria does not look that thin to me, and shame on the press for reporting it period, no matter what her weight.

As for Froilan, sounds like the poor kid has learning disabilities. A special school sounds like it would do more for him than summer school. Although I wonder if there isn't incredible turmoil and conflict behind the scenes in la familia de Bourbon. I'd be surprised if there weren't, and such conflict can trickle down emotionally to the kids in the form of bad grades, bad behavior, etc. I just thought that out of all the grandkids of JC, Victoria and Froilan were spared the worst of it. Perhaps not.
Did you ever see the photos of Victoria and her sock when the Lugos were in the last years of their marriage? She frequently carried one of her socks with her especially at the photocalls. Also I never liked that the media were often camped outside their school waiting to photograph them and their parents. :sad: I always thought that the tension in the household was affecting the kids during that time.

I agree about Froilan and learning disabilities.

I think the article about Victoria's weight is unnecessary. I've never liked how the Spanish press create rumours about the children - well, creating rumours about the adults is bad enough (just look at some of the things they've said about Letizia). I remember reading once that Froilan had to disguise himself from the press when he went out with friends. He's only 16 yet he already hates the media. :ermm:

On another note, it was Froilan's birthday the other day. I know that Queen Sofia has visited him since it's been posted here, but I wonder if Elena or other members of the SRF visited him on his birthday. I think that it's a little harsh to leave him at the school on his birthday.

Did you ever see the photos of Victoria and her sock when the Lugos were in the last years of their marriage? She frequently carried one of her socks with her especially at the photocalls. Also I never liked that the media were often camped outside their school waiting to photograph them and their parents. :sad: I always thought that the tension in the household was affecting the kids during that time.

I've been looking through the earlier pages of this thread and have seen the photos of Victoria and her socks. Most members here at the time seemed to think they were just like security blankets.

A few days ago, the eldest grandson of the Kings celebrated his sixteenth birthday with a meal 'surprise' organized by his mother, which was also attended by Queen Sofia and Froilan's sister Victoria Federica. Also Carlos Garcia Revenga attended at the celebration.
Revenga también celebró el cumpleaños de Froilán

I think the article about Victoria's weight is unnecessary. I've never liked how the Spanish press create rumours about the children - well, creating rumours about the adults is bad enough (just look at some of the things they've said about Letizia). I remember reading once that Froilan had to disguise himself from the press when he went out with friends. He's only 16 yet he already hates the media. :ermm:

On another note, it was Froilan's birthday the other day. I know that Queen Sofia has visited him since it's been posted here, but I wonder if Elena or other members of the SRF visited him on his birthday. I think that it's a little harsh to leave him at the school on his birthday.

I've been looking through the earlier pages of this thread and have seen the photos of Victoria and her socks. Most members here at the time seemed to think they were just like security blankets.

The Spanish media always seemed brutal towards me, but I never realized they go after the kids. Scum.

I think the surprise dinner for Froilan was a nice gesture from Sofia, Elena and Victoria.

Since Froilan was pictured with his cousins, sister and grandmother on holiday, does that mean he has completed his summer education? Or was he just allowed a few days off with his family and has to return to the school afterwards?

The Spanish media always seemed brutal towards me, but I never realized they go after the kids. Scum.

Yes they do and I agree, it's out of order. I just wish they would leave the children and the rest of the family, particularly Letizia, alone. I've always thought the British media were harsh, but they seem quite polite compared to the Spanish media. :whistling:

Last edited:
For the non-Spanish speakers: the acticle mentions that Don Felipe ("Froilán") is a great character and has a big heart but shows the typical stubborness of adolescents. He has no structure in his studies and makes a mess of this. It is not helped that his studies were interrupted because he had to enroll into a total different school system (Spanish) after being at boarding school in Sussex, England.

Felipe and his sister have especially suffered the intense media-intrusion since the divorce of his parents the Infanta Doña Elena and Don Jaime de Marichalar. The intrusion was so intense that Don Felipe was already on the verge of tears when he saw a photo camera directed at him. It apparently was a traumatic experience for both Don Felipe and his sister Doña Victoria Frederica and did no good for the development of the already stubborn character of the young boy.

Then came the shooting accident (while hunting with his father Don Jaime at his estate in Soria, Don Felipe shot himself in the foot) which caused new media intrusion and a traumatic experience of almost an amputation of a toe. The accident caused Don Felipe to stay at home for a long period, being immobilized. It also lead to psychological scare. The school gave him the opportunity of a repeat. Apparently some apathy has come over Don Felipe. The divorce of his deeply beloved parents and the shooting incident in combination with his already stubborn nature and developing adolescence have not helped Don Felipe to pass the repetitive year.

To minimize media intrusion, Don Felipe has minimalized his public appearances, has withdrawn from social media. Now the parents will look for alternatives to continue the education of Don Felipe.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me as to why he isn't achieving.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Felipe has always been bad student, and is a serious case of school failure. He has not passed the second year of secondary, when he should have already finished the fourth, which is the year in which you get the title of compulsory education.

According to Spanish law education, he can no longer repeat the year again, so it is out of formal education, he can not go to a regular school, but would have to enroll in a special course of professional training to get the secondary diploma or access to higher education. The other option is to send him to a private school abroad, where he is accepted despite not having passed in Spain.

Well, the royal family has enough connections to put him somewhere, question is whether he is only a failure at school or if he has other qualities, there are many people who were school failures but became very successful in life with non-academic talents.

Question is if Felipe has other talents or if he is already aware of them, to chose the right path for him. He can chose any skilled trade he is good at without having to finish school. I hope he finds his niche and doesnt have the pressure that he has to excel at everything because he is from the royal family.

Elena wasnt good at school either by the way. She wasnt a complete failure but managed to become a teacher, something she seemed to be enjoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom