Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just sincerely hope that Martha Louise doesn't end up being hurt or disillusioned. Her title of "princess" doesn't come into question for me as its part of who she really is or if she does "royal duties" or not. It bothers me that she may be being led down a costly garden path into a mud bog that may cause her more harm than good.

Caveat emptor.
(quote shortened)

Wondering whether you also think that her using her title as princess to promote these sessions and make of profit of it, is acceptable, given your serious concerns with making a profit out of this type of activities.

(quote shortened)

Wondering whether you also think that her using her title as princess to promote these sessions and make of profit of it, is acceptable, given your serious concerns with making a profit out of this type of activities.

No. I do not think its appropriate to use one's title or any title that serves to draw a person into believing that because of a "title", they know what they're talking about. IMO, they're *both* advertising to draw people because of some grand title such as "shaman" and "princess". The allure of this road show would be much less successful if they billed it as Durek and Martha as then they'd be perceived as two human beings with a "path" aimed on raking in the green dollars.

Case in point is myself. I could very easily set up a website and offer a "path" of spirituality based in Native American, Scottish traditional old ways and even include the ancient Kemetic religion of Egypt. Which would draw people more to "believe" me? Osipi or Rev. Osipi EWM? (just part of the my long, long extensive search for my own truths).

If this "shaman" and "princess" truly has gifts and is preaching love, light and laughter, IMO, the gift is in the sharing and making our world a better place rather than a hefty bank account. There even was, once upon a time, a teacher that overturned money changers tables stating "My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves." ;)

No. I do not think its appropriate to use one's title or any title that serves to draw a person into believing that because of a "title", they know what they're talking about. IMO, they're *both* advertising to draw people because of some grand title such as "shaman" and "princess". The allure of this road show would be much less successful if they billed it as Durek and Martha as then they'd be perceived as two human beings with a "path" aimed on raking in the green dollars.

Case in point is myself. I could very easily set up a website and offer a "path" of spirituality based in Native American, Scottish traditional old ways and even include the ancient Kemetic religion of Egypt. Which would draw people more to "believe" me? Osipi or Rev. Osipi EWM? (just part of the my long, long extensive search for my own truths).

If this "shaman" and "princess" truly has gifts and is preaching love, light and laughter, IMO, the gift is in the sharing and making our world a better place rather than a hefty bank account. There even was, once upon a time, a teacher that overturned money changers tables stating "My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves." ;)

Thanks for the clarification. It seems we agree: I am also fine with her staying a princess (I don't really understand the business of taking titles away) but a clear prohibition by the king not to ever use 'princess' as part of her marketing/business endeavors again might be needed to preserve the dignity of the royal house.

Thanks for the clarification. It seems we agree: I am also fine with her staying a princess (I don't really understand the business of taking titles away) but a clear prohibition by the king not to ever use 'princess' as part of her marketing/business endeavors again might be needed to preserve the dignity of the royal house.
I fully agree with you ! Very well said !

And here is the exclusive interview with Billed Bladet.

Summary of interview in Billed Bladet #22, 2019.
Interviewer: Marianne Singer.

- With no comments from me.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #22, 2019.
Interviewer: Marianne Singer.

This interview took place during the Danish leg of The Princess and the Shaman tour, as an exclusive for the Danish press BTW.

As you know the press has been more than critical of ML and her Shaman and to that Durek says: “It’s a test of your love, isn’t it? If you truly love someone unconditionally, you will walk through fire with them. I’m not the man who runs away from her, because things gets difficult. What kind of man would I be then?”
ML adds: “It’s true. Men should do that more often – stand by their women. During my upbringing I always felt guilty over the press pursuing my friends and sweethearts. But now I have reconciled myself with that. We must come through this together.”

Durek does not hide his feelings: “I honor her, I worship her, I love her.”

Their first meeting, in the words of Durek: “The first time I saw her… the light… It was a beautiful day in Los Angeles and I lived in this here very beautiful and remote house that I rented and which had a really nice zen-garden you had to go through in order to get to my door. To see her open the big wooden-doors and stand there with the light and the energy she radiated. She walked through the door – so fast and I thought: OK… and then she said…”

ML contonues the narrative: “I said: I know you already. I’ve met you before.”

Shaman: “And I said in a I-know-just-what-you-mean-way: Yeah, it was written in the stars that we were to meet. And then my niece looked at me with a look in her eyes that said: Cool it, uncle.”

There wasn’t time for romance back then in Los Angeles though. But that came later.
Durek: “Only later on in our relationship, when she visited me in New York, did we get time alone together. And then it began to develop naturally from there.”

ML: “We were close friends for a long time.”

Shaman explains that it was important for him, before starting a relationship to see that ML could be genuine and herself in her role as Princess, something that was confirmed when she visited his family.
“In my family we are very colorful, full of joy and very merry. We are very intellectual and really funny people. So I wanted to see if she would fit in. She did and everyone loved her.”

ML: “It was fantastic! I love his family. It was wonderful and really fun. They are very open and direct and I love that.”

Shaman: “They all have my abilities, so you can’t hide anything. They can see and feel things.”

ML: “And I love that, because I have never been with a family where you can that.”

Shaman: “You can’t get away with anything, because then suddenly a member of the family will step into the room and say: I have just been speaking with the ancestors and the decision you are about to make is not the right one.
So they are very open about their skills. That I think has been very refreshing for your, right?”

ML: “Yes, definitely.”

But Durek has also met her family.
That happened on 17th May.
ML: “It was lovely.” But apart from that she does not wish to elaborate.

Shaman: “I can definitely say that it’s wonderful to be with her family. I love them. I truly love them.

Shaman is born and raised in Sacramento, California, with mother Sheilah and father, David. And one episode from his youth has made a big impression on both Shaman and ML. One day he was about to go out the door to meet some friends: “On the way out the door my mother says there is a message from my ancestors. With the sweetest voice (mimicking the voice) she says: Darling, you are going to fall in love with the princess of Norway. When the time is right and have matured a lot more and become more humble and don’t get crossed so easily.
And I said: OK, mum. Really?
Then she continued: Darling. It’s what the ancestors are saying. It’s the vision I have had. You don’t believe it, but wait and see. There is someone who will introduce you. Don’t question it. It will happen. It’s written in the stars.
And I thought: Ah, really, the princess of Norway. How is that sort of going to happen?
At the time I lived in San Francisco and had never been to Norway. Then I went over to my friends a little irritated and told them about it. And now that we are together all my friends have contacted me and said: Do you remember?”

On this tour they went on stage together for the first time.
Shaman: “It was fantastic. I wanted to show her the biggest possible respect. She contains so much wisdom and knowledge and I did not want to be in the way of that in any way. Because she is so clever/smart and when I see her speak I become sort of… sigh. That’s why I’m in love with her. It’s so lovely to see someone you love, be so articulated and enchanting in the way she presents herself, speak, share, and the way she is open. It was beautiful for me to see.”

ML: “It was real fun. There were many new ideas. It’s a creative process, because it’s the first time we do it together. We supplement each other. It just flowed.”

What happens in the future is not yet determined. So far ML lives in Norway with her three children, while Shaman will soon move back to Los Angeles.
Shaman: “I think the closest we come to plans for the future right now, is what we are going to do for the rest of the year. We don’t talk about the long-term future. We focus on what we can do together right now, because she has children to consider.”

ML: “We must figure it out.”

ML sums up their relationship: “I have a feeling of having come home and that our souls light up each other.”

The interview ends with a piece of advice to the reader.
Shaman: “Say seven and beautiful and nice things about and to yourself when you wake up in the morning.
Say seven things about how wonderful life is, what you learn and how you grow as a person, when you go to bed in the evening.
Every time you go out into the world, no matter the circumstances, be friendly, generous and loving towards all people.”

ML: “Have courage to live outside the box and exist outside the box. Follow your heart, because you are the only person who can sense whether you have strength, is happy and thriving.
Follow your inner guide and be true to yourself through it. And even if people around you look at you in a strange way and turn their backs on you, you must know that you ends up in the right place for you and you will feel whole and filled with love, when you get there (to your destination).”

- And for those of you who wish to read the interview in Danish or look at the photos, you can find it here: https://app.box.com/s/2a0yn00xhze2depzvpqyx6xcg6tkvg5r

Shaman is born and raised in Sacramento, California, with mother Sheilah and father, David. And one episode from his youth has made a big impression on both Shaman and ML. One day he was about to go out the door to meet some friends: “On the way out the door my mother says there is a message from my ancestors. With the sweetest voice (mimicking the voice) she says: Darling, you are going to fall in love with the princess of Norway. When the time is right and have matured a lot more and become more humble and don’t get crossed so easily.
Then she continued: Darling. It’s what the ancestors are saying. It’s the vision I have had. You don’t believe it, but wait and see. There is someone who will introduce you. Don’t question it. It will happen. It’s written in the stars.
:rolleyes: Sorry, this sounds like bad movie dialogue.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's so stupid, I don't have words for it. I fear that ML believes what she says. I really hope that her children have enough reasonable influence from other people.
Thank you for your translation, Muhler. I am sure it was painful.

You are welcome. ?

Actually it wasn't. ;)? In my current mood I had this song in my head while translating the quotes:

As it happens, I actually like the song, but the lyrics is perfect for this interview. :D

----------------

Okay, joking aside, what do I think?

Difficult to say actually.
The way they profess their love is so theatrical that either its totally genuine and mutual. Over the moon flying on the wings of love.
Or only one of them is genuinely in love. Not sure which one though. We have the Scandinavian restraint versus the perhaps more American superlative expressions.
Or this is just as much a business arrangement, in which the relationship is a relationship of convenience.

But ML is beginning to seriously annoy me, when she is talking about all the things she didn't have in her own family. By every single account and by everything they have done for her, her parents loved her and still love her. To the point of indulgence perhaps. She's not a teenager or a young inexperienced person, she is a mature woman who by now should be able to reflect at her life and her family in a more nuanced and balanced way.
And she being a mother herself, should know that being a parent is all about making bad decisions, mistakes and saying and doing the wrong things in the hope our children will get through to adulthood in reasonable shape.
That kind of reflections are missing totally IMO. ML is all about me, myself and I. By now that is such an ingrained trait in her personality, that I will have no hesitation in labeling her an egomaniac.
I don't give much about her advice. I could just as easily read them in a fortune cookie. It's banal nonsense that is of little practical use.
And since I don't believe in angels, souls, afterlife or contacting ancestors (who may not be the same as those listed on the pedigree BTW!) all that talk is meaningless to me personally. But if it helps others, who am I to say they should think like me?

Shaman.
Or charlatan as I would prefer to call him.
Apart from his own, eagerly overrated, descriptions of his own abilities and contacts with dead and living, he has shown nothing any reasonably talented heckler couldn't do much better.
He is mixing a number of folklore and old religions in one big pot, where he picks up what is useful for the occasions.
The only redeeming thing is that he may actually believe in himself. That may explain totally idiotic explanations for the "treatments" he perform. They are basically explanations for things he don't understand, hence "twisting atoms" "quantum physics" and so on.

I would label the two of them pretty harmless, if it wasn't for the fact that Shaman offer advise and treatment that goes against what doctors advice. (That is alas a current trend Durek is not alone in doing. Many who should know better do the same these days! Say vegan diet to infants, avoid vaccinations and so on and so on.)
Both of them are fleecing other people, and ML at least have no qualms about using her title in that respect, despite her eagerness to break out of the "royal box" she was put in. - Bah! Then stay out of the "royal box" if she genuinely means it! So that makes me question her sincerity very seriously.

To conclude: The two of them are indeed "Twin souls" as ML labelled it. Well, may they remain so for life (and afterlife) and not harm anyone else while being it...

QUOTE]

:rolleyes: Sorry, this sounds like bad movie dialogue.

i am not convinced by this story either... so mum has 'powers' and predicts that he will be in love with a norwegian princess. shaman runs to his friends and tells his friends (all of them presumably teenager) that mum has powers and told him a prophecy of him being in a relationship with a norwegian princess. which male kid/teenager would

a. talk about their romantic aspirations with his teenage friends
b. admit his mother does prophecies to said teenage friends
c. be at all interested in romance and princesses?

and apparently said kids still remember the shaman's mum's prophecy to remind him today of said prophecy?

it is all rather strange.

Thank you for the translation, Muhler.

When I first read the interview, I found it nauseating, in the same way a sickly sweet dessert is nauseating. After rereading it, I am just finding it sad and a little embarrassing, as though we've all been invited to read the diary of a teenage girl who is gushing about her crush. Sad, because I have zero confidence in the authenticity of the relationship, and sad, because, as Muhler pointed out, this is a supposedly mature woman with children of her own, who has been born into a life of incredible comfort and privilege, but who apparently feels as though her birth family is some kind of unfair burden. The lack of self-awareness is a little pathetic, and I hope she doesn't look back on interviews like this with regret in the future.

All of this would be completely her private business, but she is choosing to make money off her status and her relationship, and that moves this from totally her business to something that is open for others to criticize and comment on in a way that doesn't reflect well on her judgment.

What an interview!:lol:

And I'm still not sure, who is the villain and/or villainess here. It looks like, when the first met, Märtha started the conversation with this "I know you" line...

Could Gwyneth Paltrow's love shaman ignite my energy field? JAN MOIR makes a date for enlightenment with a spiritual guru - but only gets pins, needles and a heap of hokum
He has dated both men and women. His longest romance was eight years with masseur Hank Greenberg.
They ran a healing business in LA, and it was Hank who nursed Durek through his convalescence after the transplant.
The couple, who were engaged to be married, split under acrimonious circumstances in 2015.
'I loved Durek dearly and wish him all the best, but I don't have anything nice to say about him,' says Greenberg, 47.
'I have a hard time believing he is authentic based on my own personal experiences with him.
'He has immense talent and I believe in his mission that love is the answer, but I don't believe in the man any more.'
Greenberg now lives in Arizona, is in a loving relationship and happy with his life. He has been asked by Durek's management to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, but refuses.
He feels he was left with debt when their business went bankrupt and he does not approve of how Durek becomes friendly with his rich and powerful clients.
'It's a conflict of interest for a counsellor to go after his clients. I don't think it is ethical. I would feel responsible if anyone got hurt, which is why I'm speaking up.'
For his part, Shaman Durek believes that 'my ex is going to say bad things about me because he is my ex.' And he also believes he has never been in love like he is with Princess Martha.
Gwyneth Paltrow's love shaman tries to ignite JAN MOIR's energy field _ Daily Mail Online

the interview and that relationship really reflects bad on her judgment; she sounds so immature and selfobsessed.

As a parent one should have learned one or two things in life; like our small self isn't the center of the world... oh dear.

And for the Charlatan ... with what I could read about, what his Ex has to say about him - every word is wasted.

I'm also clearsighted: my spirits told me, it will end in tears for her. That's for sure.

Shaman explains that it was important for him, before starting a relationship to see that ML could be genuine and herself in her role as Princess, something that was confirmed when she visited his family.
“In my family we are very colorful, full of joy and very merry. We are very intellectual and really funny people. So I wanted to see if she would fit in. She did and everyone loved her.”
I read this as: "I wasn't sure if ML was intellectual and funny enough to be around and be part of my family. We tested her and she passed; now we are so in love ....". His ancestors could have told him if she was at the right level of intelligence ...

can't understand why they are getting so much attention.. It all seems very silly stuff and Martha Louise should not be using her Princess title in this way.....

can't understand why they are getting so much attention.. It all seems very silly stuff and Martha Louise should not be using her Princess title in this way.....

They are getting attention because ML is a princess and the King of Norway's daughter, so it will be big news at least in the Scandinavian countries and in specialized royal forums like this one.

Personally I think ML is an adult and what she does with her private life is her own business only. The problem arises if and when , in the process, she drags the Royal Family's reputation in the mud and makes the monarchy vulnerable to attacks from its usual critics (the far left republicans, etc.).

At this point, I don't think she is at that stage yet, except for the possible argument that she is using her royal status to make money out of a shady business that many people might see as a con. On an unrelated issue, I also worry about the impact her new relationship might be having on her daughters.When parents join a cult for example, they also normally drag their children into it with potentially negative consequences. I suppose ML's ex-husband and her parents must be also concerned with that.

Last edited:
Pass me the vomit bucket?

However, if the Princess is happy good for her.

I've been thinking about this and trying to figure out just why this roadshow of the Shaman and the Princess rubs me the wrong way so very much.

Its not up to me to question what they believe or what they don't believe in as I admire people that think outside the box and are open minded about things. If they've found total happiness in each other, more power to them if it is what is right for the both of them and they take the children into consideration. Even if its for a short time period that they've forged a path together, that's OK with me too as sometimes people come into our lives for a short time for the express purpose of being a "catalyst" or in other words, a learning lesson.

Martha Louise was born a Princess of Norway and that happened solely because of the family she was born into. Durek grew up with his family and their beliefs and their customs and those became a part of him. Together their beliefs seem to mesh with each other very well. That's great. For them.

I've come to the conclusion that what really bothers me the most is the peddling of their belief systems for profit. Its not because they're scamming the public or that they're turning themselves into a circus side show and dragging the Norwegian royal family into it as a connection but because they're treating the public like sheeple. Follow me and you'll find that yellow brick road that leads to the Emerald City.

It doesn't work that way. Truths in beliefs are very personal. There are no truths that are one size fits all. Spiritual paths are as unique to a person as their characters and personalities and their environmental experiences teach them. There isn't "the truth" out there. We all find our own truths as we go through life and even then, they're subject to change. Its called growth.

Although I may agree with some concepts these two present as their story, I think it should just remain their own story. A private story and not turn it into a method of pushing it on other people for lots and lots of green dollars. On the other hand, perhaps some people really need to experience their lifestyle to realize it doesn't fit as truth in their own lives. I do believe that in order to reject something, one needs to understand what it is that they're really rejecting.

There's no been there, done that and bought the aura/halo. Spiritual health is an ongoing process that takes many, many roads.

Thanks, LadyFinn.
These quotes deserve a translation.

-----------

Translation of quotes in an interview in Svensk Damtidning.
Interviewer: Anna von Koch.

ML: "Durek is my twin-soul. When I met him it felt like I had come home. Our souls recognized each other."

D: "When I looked into Märtha's eyes, I just felt - Wow. I knew and I felt something but I didn't have time to sit down and analyze what it was then and there."

They like to be home and among other things, play.
ML: "I have always been very playful (as in the way children play), but I have long kept it back. Now I like to climb trees with my children."

D: "It's important to be playful. Because if you stir the child within you you also get in contact with your creative energy."
He adds that they are fond of visiting escape-room together.
"I'm a big child! I play TV-games, draw, paint, lay puzzles and swing."

Durek don't have children of his own, but he has two nieces, whom he adores.

ML: "He is great with children and children loves him."

Some might find it a little daunting to date a Princess but not Durek.
D: "I grew up in an affluent and aristocratic family. My father, David Verrett, was an engineer, architect and multi-millionaire and we had the largest house there where we lived outside San Francisco. We had several houses, yachts and nannies and I always wore suits.
I was taught to draw, play the piano and saxophone and there were lots of rules: For example I was to be well-behaved and sit with my back straight. And that comes in handy now." - Winking to ML.

While other boys went to baseball with their dads, little Durek went with a male employee, while his father went to Wimbledon.
But Durek disliked the material abundance and he used to give away his weekly allowance to homeless he met.

D: "I couldn't stand the people in The Country Club who took delight in showing off their expensive watches. I wanted authenticity and that was the first of many things I liked about Märtha. She is not wearing a Rolex and she is not flaunting the fact that she is a princess. She is authentic.

Having described ML as strong, intelligent, playful and having a big heart, he goes on:
"Märtha has an ability to see straight through people and she has helped me finding deeper levels of myself."

ML lives in Norway, sharing the children with her ex, while Durek is in the process of buying a new home in Los Angeles, so it is hard to be separated:

D: "It's very challenging to have a long distance-relationship. It hurts."

ML: "I'd absolutely like to move in with Durek."

D: "You what!"

Last edited:
First: Thanks to Muhler for keeping this thread updated with information! :flowers:

Second: Well, I hope she is proud of what she's done, putting a 114-year-old institution (which now had record-high polling numbers), her 82-year-old parents and her brother and sister-in-law who are struggling with CP MM's health in a difficult situation, just because she had to go and use her title to make money with an extreme so-called ''shaman.'' But here she is smiling (link), hmm, and she seems to have much to smile about too, after cashing in money like an investment bank!!!

And beeeeeelive me, I'm going to write a loooong post about it in the coming days!!!

--------------------

BTW, the first poll has come out (link):
It was conducted by Norstat (known as one of the most serious research-companies in Norway) for NRK (The state-owned Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, which is the country's largest media organisation).

Numbers of people asked:
Total 897. Men 450. Women 447.

Bør kongen frata Märtha Louise prinsessetittelen?
Should The King strip Märtha Louise of her Princess-title?

Yes:
Total 25,4%. Men 30,9%. Women 19,8 %.

No:
Total 56%. Men 50,6%. Women 61,5%.

Don't know:
Total 18,6%. Men 18,5%. Women 18,7%.

Har Märtha Louises bruk av prinsessetittelen i markedsføringen av turneen med sjaman Durek Verrett påvirket ditt syn på kongehuset?
Has Märtha Louise's use of the princess-title in the marketing of the tour with Shaman Durek Verrett influenced your view of The Royal House?

Yes, in a negative direction:
Total 20,5%. Men 25,6%. Women 15,3%.

No, not affected:
Total 71,9%. Men 68,1%. Women 75,9%.

Yes, in a positive direction:
Total 2,3%. Men 1,8%. Women 2,7%.

Don't know:
Total 5,3%. Men 4,5%. Women 6,1%.

And then to two commentators, who were asked by NRK to give their opinions on these figures.

Professor (and former Rector) at Kristiania University College, Trond Blindheim (born 1955) said this: ''Gitt at det er nokså stor oppslutning om det norske kongehuset, så er tallene oppsiktsvekkende høye.
Mange mener jo at prinsessen åpner opp perspektiver som ikke er så tradisjonelle i forbindelse med kongehuset. Er ikke det et gode?
Mange vil se det som et gode, men når vi så på den undersøkelsen som blir presentert nå så var det bare to prosent som mente de hadde fått en oppløftende tro på henne og kongehuset etter dette hadde skjedd.''

Translated to: ''Given that there is quite a lot of support for the Norwegian royal house, the figures are remarkably high.
Many believe that The Princess opens up perspectives that are not as traditional in connection with the royal house. Isn't that a good thing?
Many will see it as a good thing, but when we look at the survey that is being presented now, only 2% meant they had got an uplifting belief in her and the royal house after this had happened.''

Political editor of the Liberal regional newspaper Fædrelandsvennen, Vidar Udjus (born 1965). That paper BTW went out on May 16th (as Muhler wrote in post 67) and called for Märtha to give up her title.
He had this to say: ''Det er ikke overraskende i lys av den sterke oppslutningen kongefamilien har blant folk flest. Vi synes det er viktig å reise prinsipielle debatter. Og jeg synes det også er interessant at såpass mange støtter det synspunktet vi har tatt til orde for.''
Translated to: ''It's not surprising in light of the strong support the royal family has among most people. We think it's important to conduct principal debates. And I also find it interesting that so many people support the point of view that we have advocated.''

And to those who wonder whether these two are pro-monarchy or not? Well, I don't know, but they have previously (in columns and stuff) seemed quite positive in their attitudes towards the institution.

So, was there anything else? Yes, what's ''MY'' take on these figures? Hmm, hmm, hmm:

*71,9% saying they are unaffected in their view of The Royal House is a ''surprisingly'' high number.
*20,5% saying they are affected in a negative direction towards the monarchy is (in contrast to what Professor Blindheim said) MUCH lower than what I had expected.

Why am I surprised? Because, although Märtha is no longer a member of the Royal House, she's still a Princess. - And therefore, everything she does affects the Monarchy. Another thing to mention is that from the relationship become known on May 12th and to end of ''The Princess and the Shaman'' tour on May 23rd, Norwegian television/news-sites/papers have been full of debates on the monarchy, especially TV2 News Channel, where several Republican politicians/commentators were given more airtime than I have ever seen.

And now to the princess-stuff:
*25,4 % saying she should lose the title is ''EXTREMELY and SURPRISINGLY'' low! Yes, even lower than in 2010, when this number was at 30,7% in an InFact poll for VG (that was the year she started using her title to teach paying people to speak with the dead).
*56% saying she should keep the title is way higher than what I thought it would be, yes, even more so than the 50,6% who said the same to InFact in 2010.

Why am I surprised? Because we're talking about a woman here who since 2007 has used her royal position to sell her ''spiritual-guidance'' (as she likes to call it) to paying people (many of them vulnerable), while at the same time whining about her ''terrible youth'' and how ''awful'' the *MEDIA* is to her. Yes, she means all the TV-shows/newspapers she *USES* (i.e. giving interviews several times a year) for everything it's worth to promote all this.

But anyway, I have to take up one last thing: And that is my disappointment at the fact that Norstat didn't even bother to ask the respondents (who answered these two questions) whether they saw themselves as monarchists or not, or which age-group they belonged to. Because that had really been interesting to see.

So let's think:
The monarchists (70-85% of the population): Most likely a large majority saying they are unaffected in their view of the monarchy, and a lesser majority who want Märtha to keep her title.

The Republicans (10-20% of the population): They probably couldn't care less, but due to their ''principles'' towards the institution, they are likely to use something like this to voice their opinion even more. So, therefore, most likely a large majority saying they are affected in a negative direction towards the monarchy. And due to the same reasons, also a large majority for Märtha to lose her title.

Younger people: In Norway (at least, according to a Norstat poll for NRK in 2017, which is in contrast to some of the other European monarchies), it's those between 30-39 (85%) and those under 30 (82%) who are most supportive of the monarchy. And since that age-group is known to be ''non-conservative and modern,'' they are most likely to have fewer problems with Märtha using her title commercially, even when it comes to her spiritual stuff.
Have heard some of them say:
''She's brave, modern, fresh, cool,'' etc.
''She must have something to live of.''
''It's cool to get a black guy in the RF'' (I agree, that is ''cool,'' but it's not what this is about!).
And therefore, it's likely to be a large majority saying they are unaffected in their view of the monarchy and that they want Märtha to keep her title.
Yes, and being 30 myself, I'm not affected in my view on the institution either. But when it comes to the title: Well, IMO, she shouldn't use it commercially. - And if she refuses to stop doing so, then she should, indeed, be stripped of it!

Older people: Much more conservative, especially those over 70. And the 70/80/90-year-olds I know are pretty shocked! LOL.
So, a large majority of them is most likely affected in a negative direction towards the monarchy, and even more so when it comes to Märtha keeping her title.

BTW, in my next post (yes, the one I mentioned at the beginning), I will take the time to answer some of the earlier questions here.

Has anyone verified Durek's claim of being affluent?
In this day and age people can easily fact-check information people say.
For him to say he grew up in an affluent family that had several houses and yachts...that all sounds too good and too made up.
I'm sceptical!

BTW, the first poll has come out (link):
It was conducted by Norstat (known as one of the most serious research-companies in Norway) for NRK (The state-owned Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, which is the country's largest media organisation).

Numbers of people asked:
Total 897. Men 450. Women 447.

Bør kongen frata Märtha Louise prinsessetittelen?
Should The King strip Märtha Louise of her Princess-title?

Yes:
Total 25,4%. Men 30,9%. Women 19,8 %.

No:
Total 56%. Men 50,6%. Women 61,5%.

Don't know:
Total 18,6%. Men 18,5%. Women 18,7%.

[...]

And now to the princess-stuff:
*25,4 % saying she should lose the title is ''EXTREMELY and SURPRISINGLY'' low! Yes, even lower than in 2010, when this number was at 30,7% in an InFact poll for VG (that was the year she started using her title to teach paying people to speak with the dead).
*56% saying she should keep the title is way higher than what I thought it would be, yes, even more so than the 50,6% who said the same to InFact in 2010.

Why am I surprised? Because we're talking about a woman here who since 2007 has used her royal position to sell her ''spiritual-guidance'' (as she likes to call it) to paying people (many of them vulnerable), while at the same time whining about her ''terrible youth'' and how ''awful'' the *MEDIA* is to her. Yes, she means all the TV-shows/newspapers she *USES* (i.e. giving interviews several times a year) for everything it's worth to promote all this.

It is not entirely surprising to me that the percentage who say she should lose the title is low. Tradition holds much weight in a mainly ceremonial monarchy, and stripping the title would institute a considerable change from European traditions (traditionally, it was common for even the worst of kings to keep their titles).

It is more surprising that the percentage saying she should keep the title has risen from 2010. I suppose that many people, in particular the voters who reached their majority after 2010 and grew up hearing about Princess Märtha Louise's angel school, have grown accustomed to her commercial strategies and self-promotion and do not see a major difference between her "lessons" and Mr. Verrett's.

But anyway, I have to take up one last thing: And that is my disappointment at the fact that Norstat didn't even bother to ask the respondents (who answered these two questions) whether they saw themselves as monarchists or not, or which age-group they belonged to. Because that had really been interesting to see.

I would have liked to see a question as to if Princess Märtha Louise should be using her title in this manner.

Yes, in a negative direction:
Total 20,5%. Men 25,6%. Women 15,3%.

No, not affected:
Total 71,9%. Men 68,1%. Women 75,9%.

Yes, in a positive direction:
Total 2,3%. Men 1,8%. Women 2,7%.

Don't know:
Total 5,3%. Men 4,5%. Women 6,1%.

And then to two commentators, who were asked by NRK to give their opinions on these figures.

Professor (and former Rector) at Kristiania University College, Trond Blindheim (born 1955) said this: ''Gitt at det er nokså stor oppslutning om det norske kongehuset, så er tallene oppsiktsvekkende høye.
Mange mener jo at prinsessen åpner opp perspektiver som ikke er så tradisjonelle i forbindelse med kongehuset. Er ikke det et gode?
Mange vil se det som et gode, men når vi så på den undersøkelsen som blir presentert nå så var det bare to prosent som mente de hadde fått en oppløftende tro på henne og kongehuset etter dette hadde skjedd.''

Translated to: ''Given that there is quite a lot of support for the Norwegian royal house, the figures are remarkably high.
Many believe that The Princess opens up perspectives that are not as traditional in connection with the royal house. Isn't that a good thing?
Many will see it as a good thing, but when we look at the survey that is being presented now, only 2% meant they had got an uplifting belief in her and the royal house after this had happened.''

Yes, the figures suggest that Princess Märtha Louise is seen as irrelevant to the monarchy rather than an asset to it.

Has anyone verified Durek's claim of being affluent?
In this day and age people can easily fact-check information people say.
For him to say he grew up in an affluent family that had several houses and yachts...that all sounds too good and too made up.
I'm sceptical!

Me too! :lol:

I think he comes across as someone with a immature wish not to stand in the shadow of ML.
The largest house in the neighborhood - read: on the road.
Several yachts. Yes, but not on the same time and probably more like larger motorboats at best.
Several houses. Read: moved several times, which is not unusual for an architect involved in building projects in different places in the country and for extended periods.
Show-offs in the "country club". Well, it's my impression that if you are a member of a true "country club" you are so wealthy you don't have to show off how wealthy you are. The membership is enough.

I think it's plausible he father was a successful contractor and earned very good money and that our Durek lived a very comfortable life during his childhood. It is my clear impression, reading between the lines, that Durek did not have a close, perhaps not even loving relationship with his father. Partly, I guess, because of work and partly because being an architect/engineer, you tend to be more rational and practical thinking than Durek surely is. I don't think the two ever understood each other. I also suspecte that his father was pretty demanding and tried to instill in his son some discipline (suit, sit up straight!) and that Durek probably disappointed his father.
I think it's very obvious Durek leaned much more towards his mother and her family and that he missed a loving father-figure in his life. Why else, out of the blue, mention that his father did not take him to baseball matches?
He refers repeatedly to his mother in loving tones, but not his father.

He also seem - shall we say - a bit naive.

It makes me wonder... But time will tell, whether I'm right.
It is increasingly my impression from reading the interviews that someone is being taken for a ride!
The readers? Few will fall for that one!
One of our two turtle-doves? But which one? Both can benefit from this relationship, at least for a period, so both have an interest in this relationship.
But then I'm an old cynic.

- Thanks, Royal Norway.
Most interesting figures.

What I read from the figures is that most people really don't care about ML and that they do not find her important enough for her antics to harm the monarchy.
She's the eccentric aunt. Annoying and irritating at times, sometimes entertaining but otherwise relegated to the periphery. An: "Oh well, that's aunt Märtha for you." if you get my meaning.

Last edited:
Thanks, LadyFinn.
These quotes deserve a translation.

-----------

Translation of quotes in an interview in Svensk Damtidning.
Interviewer: Anna von Koch.

D: "I couldn't stand the people in The Country Club who took delight in showing off their expensive watches. I wanted authenticity and that was the first of many things I liked about Märtha. She is not wearing a Rolex and she is not flaunting the fact that she is a princess. She is authentic.

Bold by me. Flaunting her princess title is exactly what both of them are doing in their scam for money. I haven't decided if ML is just naive and searching for happiness in all the wrong places or aware of what is going on and okay with it because she is "in love", but he is an opportunist.

Last edited:
A person of genuine wealth and breeding ..not to mention education...would NEVER describe his upbringing as "aristocratic" and then proceed to boast about having nannies and boats as well as the " biggest house on the block"...just...no.

I really hope this phase will pass....

Back
Top Bottom