Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rude and offensive posts and replies to them have been removed. Please stay respectful towards the people you discuss, whether you like them or not! This is a basic rule!

Well, let' s believe he has a serious condition...
IMO he uses this as an excuse because both he and ML feel that people (maybe even the NRF) secretely disapprove of him but accept the Status quo as long as they don' t get married.

Well, let' s believe he has a serious condition...
IMO he uses this as an excuse because both he and ML feel that people (maybe even the NRF) secretely disapprove of him but accept the Status quo as long as they don' t get married.

There is no reason why they should get married, surely? and if he has got a serious condtion, and gets another kidney, then given what he has siad, one would expect him to marry ML then.

Here is a long and profound article from The NewYork Times about the Shaman and the way he is working his "healing" sessions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/03/style/self-care/durek-verrett-instagram-shaman.html

I have a question to US members: Is there a statewide organization that organizes kidney donors and people who need a transplant?

We have this in Europe, called "eurotransplant", which is in Leiden, Netherlands. 8 countries are joined in the organization and are constantly communicating with each other.
Presently there are 14.000 people registered and waiting for a donor kidney.
Once they have matched the right donor the operation can be done. As we almost all have health insurance, the operation costs (which are high) are covered by the insurance.

I cannot imagine that sombody who is seriously ill and needs a donor kidney would not get an operation in the US because he/she cannot pay for it.

I got this idea because I saw the crowdfunding site for Derek V.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crowdfunding for Durek V?

Isn't he covered by Norwegian health service and/or the Norwegian royal family?

I have a question to US members: Is there a statewide organization that organizes kidney donors and people who need a transplant?

I cannot imagine that sombody who is seriously ill and needs a donor kidney would not get an operation in the US because he/she cannot pay for it.

I got this idea because I saw the crowdfunding site for Derek V.

https://unos.org/transplant/how-we-match-organs/

Crowdfunding for Durek V?

Isn't he covered by Norwegian health service and/or the Norwegian royal family?

While sometimes nationalized health care systems will absorb costs for urgent treatment of people without universal health care, this is both not an emergency and very expensive.

He is not a member of the NRF; they have no reason to cover his health care. (While I imagine King Harald might do so if absolutely necessary for humanitarian reasons and because he loves his daughter, I think it would have to be kept so quiet that not even Verrett would know.)

Broadly spoken, every resident in Norway has access to the Norwegian health care system. There is an annual limit of expenditure (some 200 Euro a year) on the costs of medical treatments which ensures that everyone pays a little, but the sick are not burdened with the stress of huge medical bills.

That is why I am surprised Mr Verrett has to beg the general public for financial help to meet the costs for his kidney transplant.

Broadly spoken, every resident in Norway has access to the Norwegian health care system. There is an annual limit of expenditure (some 200 Euro a year) on the costs of medical treatments which ensures that everyone pays a little, but the sick are not burdened with the stress of huge medical bills.

That is why I am surprised Mr Verrett has to beg the general public for financial help to meet the costs for his kidney transplant.

However, as far as I am aware Durek is not a Norwegian resident. Would being engaged even be sufficient to qualify for a visa/residency permit?

However, as far as I am aware Durek is not a Norwegian resident. Would being engaged even be sufficient to qualify for a visa/residency permit?

I stand corrected, I thought he was living in Norway.

https://unos.org/transplant/how-we-match-organs/

While sometimes nationalized health care systems will absorb costs for urgent treatment of people without universal health care, this is both not an emergency and very expensive.

He is not a member of the NRF; they have no reason to cover his health care. (While I imagine King Harald might do so if absolutely necessary for humanitarian reasons and because he loves his daughter, I think it would have to be kept so quiet that not even Verrett would know.)

Thank you Prinsara for the info. "Unos" is working just like "eurotransplant". I wonder if Derek is listed there and waiting for a donor kidney.

That is exactly what I have been thinking. A dear friend of mine had two donor kidneys, each lasted about 10 years. As is known they do not last for the rest of your life. After the loss of the last donor kidney, she had to go back to dialysis. She could hardly travel, felt unwell most of the times . No way she could have worked, she had to retire at the age of 48 and finally died at just 60.

My brother had a transplant about 3 or 4 years ago and said it was possible to arrange dialysis if he wanted to travel. I suppose someone like durek would have the funds to arrange if necessary. But, as you say, my brother just felt ill all the time so it wouldn’t have been much of a holiday.

Generally if people are ill, they get married sooner rather than later. Unless he is expecting some big flashy “princess Di” wedding with whole of Norway cheering them on and wants to hang for it.

Thank you Prinsara for the info. "Unos" is working just like "eurotransplant". I wonder if Derek is listed there and waiting for a donor kidney.

Well,
he surely is listed,whereelse as he is a US citizen and resident,
but as I posted before the average wait in the US for a kidney is 5 years.
There'd be an outrage in Norway if something was " organized" for him beside the official paths.
Due to all the negative media coverage and as this is a very intimate thing
they surely did not mention his illness&consequences before and dialysis etc is being arranged quietly.
But maybe just maybe it's an excuse, time will tell.

Durek has given an interview to Bild. Norwegian VG writes about it.
- We discuss different ideas, but I can reveal here: As long as I don't have a new kidney, the wedding plans are on hold, says Verrett to Bild.
On Wednesday afternoon, Verrett also confirmed to VG that the information in the newspaper is correct.
- I don't want to go in front of the altar and think about my health problems. It should be the best day of our lives - with a new kidney.
Durek says that Märtha is a close supporter, and looks after him. He comments also his relationship with the royal couple, that although many do not believe it, his relationship with King Harald and Queen Sonja is very good. They have supported him in the last weeks, months and it really means a lot to him.
Durek Verrett i tysk intervju_ – Bryllupsplanene satt på vent - VG

I'm surprised that the media has not inquired about whether he has an alternative medicine approach to his health problems.

Due to all the negative media coverage and as this is a very intimate thing
they surely did not mention his illness&consequences before and dialysis etc is being arranged quietly.
But maybe just maybe it's an excuse, time will tell.

His illness as well as the fact he is a transplant recipient and apparently in need of another has been known for a while. There was a mention of ML wishing to be a donor but being unable to months ago.

I don't know why the Norwegian media or even social media chooses not to publicize things about him, although this is semi-private and concerns personal information.

Monarchies are institutions made up of humans aka imperfect people. All monarchies have scandals.

As for Durek continuing to talk about the royal family ....jeez he never learns!

Thanks for posting LadyFinn.
Durek says "I had a conversation with MY FATHER IN LAW "....Wow, He is now erroneously referring to King Harold this way.
Sounds very calculating, as just about everything is He does. Such a shady guy.

Charles has Harry - Meghan ......and Harold has Martha Louise -Durek, both seemingly determined to makes both Kings final years " a misery ".

Last edited:
:previous: Oh my:ohmy: Durek's greatness just keeps on giving. I think I'll save this for later, but can hardly wait:nonono:

The huge home Durek Verrett had gone to acquire is supposed to have been a rental property which has now been sold. The house, which consisted of, among other things, nine bathrooms and seven bedrooms, must have been expensive.
Verrett himself stated on social media that he was responsible for all the expenses incurred by the house.
According to Se og Hør's experience, the home should have cost the 48-year-old up to NOK 300,000 in rent every single month, an enormous sum which for many is equivalent to an entire year's salary.
Verrett lived in Beverly Hills for a full 15 months before the house is said to have been sold before Christmas. Where the shaman lives now is currently unknown.
Så dyr var husleien til Durek Verrett

Wonder if they can keep affording that lifestyle?

By no accounts can we call ML a miser and the good Durek seems pretty flamboyant as well.
Don't know about the housing situation in California, so I may very well be wrong, but in Norway, renting a home is basically a waste of money. - Unless it's for a short period or you simply don't want to have to spend time, money and energy on things needed to maintain a house.

Last edited:
Wonder if they can keep affording that lifestyle?

By no accounts can we call ML a miser of the good Durek seems pretty flamboyant as well.
Don't know about the housing situation in California, so I may very well be wrong, but in Norway, renting a home is basically a waste of money. - Unless it's for a short period or you simply don't want to have to spend time, money and energy on things needed to maintain a house.

I suspect it's cheaper to rent than buy in Los Angeles right now, as it is in most big U.S. cities. In addition to high mortgage rates, taxes, maintenance costs, and insurance are very high these days.

Too bad he doesn't have a crystal to fix that -- it would pay for the house!

I suspect it's cheaper to rent than buy in Los Angeles right now, as it is in most big U.S. cities. In addition to high mortgage rates, taxes, maintenance costs, and insurance are very high these days.

Too bad he doesn't have a crystal to fix that -- it would pay for the house!
Rent in California is absolutely ridiculous! I spent the last 3 months in South LA and rented a studio apartment a STUDIO for $2400 per month. That's almost 2x what the average American pays for mortgage and apparently I got quite a deal.
Unless, she plans on relying on her father for funds I can't see the couple living extravagantly in Los Angeles for the long run.

:previous: I can vouch for that. I rent in a building owned by a lady whose son I used to date. It's shockingly cheap and it's the only reason I am able to live in Los Angeles right now.:ermm:

Online gossip magazine
https://california18.com/martha-lou...fe-in-a-house-worth-sek-87-million/779122021/

This may be the home referenced that Durek was renting, supposedly worth $10 million in Oct 2021.

"Durek’s luxury life in star-studded Los Angeles. He lives in a luxury house worth the name. How about seven bedrooms, swimming pool and wonderful views? The home will be worth a staggering ten million dollars, ie 87 million kronor. Admittedly, Durek rents the home, but it is undeniably a home worthy of a princess’ future husband."

More nebulous info from the world of Durek:question:

A crowd funding for his health recovery but in the meantime throwing $$$$ into luxury homes?

Back
Top Bottom