Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, that is old news, here is a TRF thread on it: https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f115/martha-louise-affair-7266.html

I think it's a very good example of the lack of parenting skills of Harald and Sonja. I like them both, but I don't think they were tough enough with ML if she felt entitled to date a married man at such a young age. And more recent facts only seem to back that up. They seem the type to want to be friends with their children, not knowing that sometimes you have to be their "enemy" momentarily to keep them from making life-altering mistakes.

Well —

I would not say Sonja "wants to be friends". She has a sharper tongue than Harald by far and even ML has said she's "said" things about the current relationship.

I think it's just like I said above; H&S had such a hard time getting married, having the kids, and then even getting bullied a bit by King Olav that I think they just couldn't bring themselves to be super-strict with their own kids. For the naturally shy and over-thoughtful Haakon it seems to have worked okay, even if he apparently found and married the least-suitable person prior to this...! For ML who both adores her dad and has always hated being a princess, period, I think she is still exacting a cost from the situation.

And for Harald, yes, now, it seems like not letting ML face the music was an awful decision but if your panicky early-twenties child gets themselves into trouble in a foreign country and you can not only relieve them but spare yourself and your country bad international press, why wouldn't you fix it? I don't think Harald could have envisioned she wouldn't have grown up much almost thirty years later.

Last edited:
Well —

I would not say Sonja "wants to be friends". She has a sharper tongue than Harald by far and even ML has said she's "said" things about the current relationship.

I think it's just like I said above; H&S had such a hard time getting married, having the kids, and then even getting bullied a bit by King Olav that I think they just couldn't bring themselves to be super-strict with their own kids. For the naturally shy and over-thoughtful Haakon it seems to have worked okay, even if he apparently found and married the least-suitable person prior to this...! For ML who both adores her dad and has always hated being a princess, period, I think she is still exacting a cost from the situation.

And for Harald, yes, now, it seems like not letting ML face the music was an awful decision but if your panicky early-twenties child gets themselves into trouble in a foreign country and you can not only relieve them but spare yourself and your country bad international press, why wouldn't you fix it? I don't think Harald could have envisioned she wouldn't have grown up much almost thirty years later.

I agree with you, H & S's difficulty getting married and having a family was understandably the reason for them to want their children to have an easier time than they did. I think perhaps they went overboard, though.

There was no way that a father wouldn't try to get his daughter out of trouble, but as a monarch, it was an unpopular and perhaps incorrect decision. It wouldn't be an issue anymore if it weren't for ML continuing down this path without seemingly much guidance.

The time has come and is past due for that kind of guidance now. If she hates being a princess so much she should relinquish her title and stop using it to promote her fiance's quackery. And please, for all that's decent, Verett needs to stop talking about her as a princess so much. It's like that defines their relationship, which makes me so uncomfortable.

Well —

Despite the "things" that she may or may not have said, she doesn't seem to have done anything about it or discouraged the relationship. On the contrary, Harald and Sonja invited Durek to Ingrid Alexandra's birthday and let him be photographed not only with themselves, Haakon and M-M, but also with the Kings of the Netherlands and of Spain, the Queens consort of Belgium and of the Netherlands, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark, the Crown Princess of Sweden, the Hereditary Grand Duke and Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg:bang:, and several other senior royal personalities.

Last edited:
Despite the "things" that she may or may not have said, she doesn't seem to have done anything about it or discouraged the relationship. On the contrary, Harald and Sonja invited Durek to Ingrid Alexandra's birthday and let him be photographed not only with themselves, Haakon and M-M, but also with the Kings of the Netherlands and of Spain, the Queens consort of Belgium and of the Netherlands, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark, the Crown Princess of Sweden, the Hereditary Grand Duke and Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg:bang:, and several other senior royal personalities.

And why is that Sonja's responsibility, especially when she can be overruled by Harald and by her daughter? Aside from which I doubt Sonja's concerns are those of protocol and the reputation of other crowned heads as much as, you know, her granddaughters and common flipping sense.

How many of that guest list have been photographed with or issued invitations to the Duke of York over the years? :whistling:

I get that the heart wants what the heart wants, but how can a mother of three EVER be with a man who believes that childhood cancer is caused by unhappiness? Forget all the BS about the COVID medallions, that's just utterly revolting.

If she were my daughter, I'd do the needful and tell her she can have him, but she's out of the family from that moment forward. Her three daughters are welcome any time, but the two of them are not. If that pisses her off, so be it. Maybe she needs to be pissed off. Maybe she needs her eyes opened. It has nothing to do with race or ethnicity or skin color or where he was born. If his name was Sven Svensson, and he was whiter than a polar bear, it would STILL be utterly revolting.

If H&S aren't putting their foot down because they're afraid people willthink it's racial, that's unfortunate, but they should suck it up and deal with any possible blowback when or if it happens. Are these man's beliefs the kinds of beliefs you want informing the education of your granddaughters?

It's actually not his revolting beliefs or his grifting, as much as his pathological lying and that none of his exes have good things to say, that scares me the most...

And I wonder how he explains his kidney failure (and supposed HIV) to his followers? Is he himself not pure and devout enough? :whistling:

The whole situation is so strange. I doubt a Soap Opera storyline would be deemed as ready to shoot and be aired.

An American black bisexual "Shaman" (..) meets a emotionally needy, but clairvoyant Norwegian Princess, who herself had a business promoting her ability to talk to Angels. He sweeps her off her feet. They are convinced they ruled Egypt as Pharoh and Queen in a previous life thousands of years ago.
. In the interim, the Princesses divorced husband and father to their three teenage daughters commits suicide on Christmas day, in the first year of Shaman Durek and Princess Martha Louise''s relationship.
Controversial and damaging information comes to light about The Shamans healing "practices". Seedy and vulgar. Downright disturbing.

From advocating vaginal cleansing of past sexual partners "imprints" on female clients to selling medallions for hundreds of dollars that he insists will cure Covid.
Again, couldn't ever make this up.
The King and Queen should distance themselves from this conman who seeks to monetize his "Royal" connections. The King and Court stopped the Princess and Shaman scam Tour a few years back. If the two lovebirds want to marry fine, but Martha Louise' will need to drop the Princess title.
I guess we will see.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Granada. Not knowing how much the Princess is worth and if/or she gets any monies/income from her country, if she got any money from her exhusbands death,I see DV seeing a free ride money wise, his link to fame by marrying a Princess. I am concerned for the Princess and her daughters…strange times.

I agree Granada. Not knowing how much the Princess is worth and if/or she gets any monies/income from her country, if she got any money from her exhusbands death,I see DV seeing a free ride money wise, his link to fame by marrying a Princess. I am concerned for the Princess and her daughters…strange times.

As has been said numerous times, ML's finances are not good. He has more money than she does. It's possible she sees him as a cashflow source.

It's all about the royal link for him. You can't buy that.

As has been said numerous times, ML's finances are not good. He has more money than she does. It's possible she sees him as a cashflow source.

It's all about the royal link for him. You can't buy that.
Princess Märta Louise's finances can be likened to a roller coaster.
Up and down, up and down:

2020: Earnings 4,4 m Fortune 16,3 m
2019: Earnings 733 k Fortune 0
2018: Earnings 600 k Fortune 2 m
2017: Earnings 1,83 m Fortune 4,9 m
2009: Earnings 0 Fortune 0
2008: Earnings ? Fortune 2 m
2007: Earnings ? Fortune 8,3 m

The numbers for 2009 was equalled by her husband and most likely due to some creative bookkeeping. The numbers are in Norwegian crowns.

Last edited:
How on earth do you go from a fortune of 0 to 16,3 in one year?

I agree Granada. Not knowing how much the Princess is worth and if/or she gets any monies/income from her country,

No, she doesn't receive any income from the state. That was already settled in 2002, when she renounced her appanage and her tax exemption in preparation for starting a private business career.

How on earth do you go from a fortune of 0 to 16,3 in one year?

That's Norwegian kroner, so it's a lot less in dollars/ euro/ pounds. Roughly 1,6 million € or so I would say.

I think that was the year she sold the Blocksberg property, that's how she got that money.

What I see from 2017 to 2020 is that she is spending all her money - fast. She had basically no money left in 2019, so she sold the Blocksberg property in 2020. 2 years later, I wonder if there is even any of that money left, at the rate that she was spending her money beforehand...

Her lifestyle is clearly not in line with her means, which are rather limited by royal standards.

I doubt Durek has the money to fund her lifestyle either. He once said he was living in Airbnbs and didn't even have a house or apartment... He might be more well-known now that he is dating the Princess and is mentioned in international tabloids on a regular basis, might consequently earn more money as well, but I doubt it's enough to maintain the lifestyle she is used to.

And I don't think she expects him to necessarily, I imagine she just expects money to reappear from somewhere once she has spent it all, as it always has for her before... :whistling: If she had been looking for a man to fund her lifestyle, I think she could have done much better. She is a Princess, pretty - eccentric and with strange beliefs, yes, but otherwise nice.

In my opinion the reason why the family are cutting her so much slack, other than the fact that they obviously want to remain close to her & her children, is that there is something unstable about her. She does not act like a 51-year-old woman - educated, internationally versed, with experience of life, a mother of 3 - usually would. It is more like a 20-year-old girl: "Mummy, Daddy, I'm going to marry my charming shaman and I'm going to go off to LA with him. No, I don't care what you or anyone else thinks of him."

I don't think they want to alienate her. She'd go off to Los Angeles with Emma (Maud is an adult and Leah will be soon) and it would probably end in a disaster. She lives beyond her means, she ignores reality, the shaman might suddenly not be so charming anymore - as his former partner seems to attest to - and she'd be without a support network of family and friends. Surrounded only by the shaman and his weird set of healers/ magicians/ Hollywood people buying his wares or selling similar ones.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'd say she was unstable... or if so, she has always been this way, and it's nothing really to do with Verrett. She likes controversy in her romantic partners, that's absolutely clear, but she also comes from several generations of it and her brother had her topped prior to this. (She likes pushing boundaries with things in a way Haakon doesn't, that's also clear.)

She has admitted to being a highly sensitive person who deals with depression, but I'm not sure the family would want to alienate anyone and leave them without a support network, not just her.

And I think if she really wanted to marry Verrett and didn't care what Mummy or Daddy or anyone thought, she would have done it by now. ML seems to leave most of the "maturity" business to her daughters, but something else seems to be at play here. Perhaps she is actually trying to put them first.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'd say she was unstable... or if so, she has always been this way, and it's nothing really to do with Verrett. She likes controversy in her romantic partners, that's absolutely clear, but she also comes from several generations of it and her brother had her topped prior to this. (She likes pushing boundaries with things in a way Haakon doesn't, that's also clear.)

She has admitted to being a highly sensitive person who deals with depression, but I'm not sure the family would want to alienate anyone and leave them without a support network, not just her.

And I think if she really wanted to marry Verrett and didn't care what Mummy or Daddy or anyone thought, she would have done it by now. ML seems to leave most of the "maturity" business to her daughters, but something else seems to be at play here. Perhaps she is actually trying to put them first.

I just think there is something unstable about her and no, I don't mean that it just started with Verrett. But she's particularly vulnerable to someone like Verrett because she is unstable. Maybe she's always been that way or it started when she was a young woman, I'm not sure. I think it might be a reason, along with the fact that she is not the heir of course, why they coddle her more than Haakon.

Of course everyone needs a support network, but I think she is someone who desperately needs it. If I imagine her, married to Durek... Possibly no longer a Princess, but Mrs Verrett. And one day her parents will no longer be here... I just think it would be an absolute disaster. She falls for these controversial types of men, but they are precisely not the kinds of people who can give her the emotional support she needs. That still comes from her parents, along with the security that there is always someone there to bail her out financially.

Yes, she does like controversy in her romantic partners. (Maybe she should go to therapy and figure out why that is...) But I just think that if she goes to California with Verrett, it might be a lot more destructive for her than her controversial attractions have been in the past. A married man, the controversial artist... Plenty of issues there, but Durek is a huge conman and therefore in another category altogether, I think.

She has also had plenty of controversies herself, the angel school, using her title for her own professional benefit... But Oslo's New Age scene is probably quite different from Durek's circle and somehow I think that among the con-people of Los Angeles she'd be out of her depth.

No, they definitely wouldn't want to alienate anyone in the family. But ML is making things very difficult... Efforts have to be made to discuss with ML and Durek why selling fake covid cures; encouraging people to forego treatment when admitted to hospital with covid; saying that people & even children get cancer because they are unhappy is unacceptable in Norwegian society. Most likely they even have to explain to him why it is not acceptable to discuss his and ML's sex life in public...

ML just won't see sense. Harald and Sonja are incredibly tolerant people, but the choice of Durek for a husband is really pushing it.

I also don't know why she hasn't married him yet. If she is playing for time, waiting for Durek to become more acceptable to the Norwegian people and her parents... The opposite is true.

Or her daughters, yes. She might have realized that it wouldn't have been right to move her daughters to another country, so shortly after their father's death in particular. Or they might have told her they don't want to move there...

I also don't see her moving into some Airbnb apartment with Durek - madly in love and all, but perhaps it doesn't go that far...

The fact that her daughters are so mature at a young age doesn't surprise me. That's often the case with children whose parents are quite immature. They are more or less forced into taking on a more mature role at an earlier age than their peers, precisely because their parents are not. It seems to be especially true for Maud as the oldest child.

Oh yes! We are going to see Durek at every major royal tam-tam that the NRF is hosting in the future.

He won't miss the opportunity of rubbing shoulders with senior royals - and namedropping afterwards...
Won't hurt his business either.

And that despite poor ML feeling so awkward being a royal and taking part in the royal roadshow. :whistling:

Oh yes! We are going to see Durek at every major royal tam-tam that the NRF is hosting in the future.

He won't miss the opportunity of rubbing shoulders with senior royals - and namedropping afterwards...
Won't hurt his business either.

And that despite poor ML feeling so awkward being a royal and taking part in the royal roadshow. :whistling:

a) you wouldn't be so happy if this was the DRF.

b) we don't see ML at most of what the NRF does right now. Why would we see him? Surely he ain't gonna turn up independently.

a) you wouldn't be so happy if this was the DRF.

b) we don't see ML at most of what the NRF does right now. Why would we see him? Surely he ain't gonna turn up independently.

I'm sure he can convince her to show up. Especially if it means money in the bank.

I didn't believe I said I was happy. I can fully understand the Norwegians!
I would not be the least bit delighted if it was the DRF.

I have seen his promotion video for his 'spirit optimizer' today and I must say, he made a charming and well receivable impression in it. He has undoubtly talent.

And I did read on Bunte online, that this 'spirit optimizer' was bought and tested by the most important Norwegian scientific institute and thorougly examined. They came to the conclusion: It wont help against Covid 19...

Well, silly Norwegians! They must undertake a longtime testing, since the wonder energies need some time to cleanse the spirit and the body... :lol::whistling:

This reminds me of the Czech judicial court from the twenties, which could not prove, that the famous con-artist Hanussen was not a clairvoyant. After this the fella came to Berlin/Germany with the claim, he was a court proven spiritual medium...

The same like in the Netherlands, in the late 50's or early 60's there was a big scandal in the Dutch royal family with the late queen Juliana at that time, her daughter princess Marijke (the late princess Christina) was half blind, and the late queen thought the help of Greet Hoffman, the healer, her late husband prince and the rest of the family rejected it completely, the Dutch government at that time stepped in and the rest is history, I was a small boy and most Dutch people were appalled by this scandal.

A number of comparative posts about film characters have been removed as off-topic and inappropriate. Thank you for your understanding.

Princess Martha Louise's Announcement
I post this video on this platform because it deals with the separation between me as a princess of Norway and my commercial work

1. In consultation with His Majesty the King and the rest of the immediate family, I have decided that, at the present time, I will not continue my official duties as patron of various organizations. Someone else in the family will take over my role. I wish the organizations the best of luck with the important work they are doing.
2. It has been a nice process with a high ceiling where we have all embraced each other's views in a loving and respectful way
3. Durek Verrett and I will only use Märtha Louise in social media, in media productions or in connection with other commercial activities.
4. I am concerned with health and research and myself have an education in the field of health as a physiotherapist and respect school medicine. I see alternative medicine as an important supplement to school medicine
5. Hope this brings greater peace both for the Royal House in their important work and for my fiance, Durek Verrett and me
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CksiTPJDXZH/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Last edited:
Here are some detailed press releases made by the Palace:

** Prinsesse Märtha Louise frasier seg sine offisielle oppgaver ** translation **

** kongehuset: Prinsesse Märtha Louises og Durek Verretts roller og veien videre **

Princess Märtha Louise's and Durek Verrett's roles and the way forward

Detailed information about the Princess ending her official duties for the Royal Household.

The Princess renounces her patronage, which today sets the framework for the Princess's official duties for the Royal Household, and will not represent the Royal Household at the present time. The patronage organizations will be offered royal patronage from other members of the Royal Family.

The King and Queen wish to thank Princess Märtha Louise for the important efforts the Princess has made through her official work for decades. She has carried out her work with care, warmth and great commitment.

In accordance with the King's wish, the Princess will retain her title. The princess will continue as chairman of the board of Princess Märtha Louise's Fund.

In the same way as Erling Lorentzen, Johan Martin Ferner and Ari Behn, Durek Verrett will become part of the Royal Family when they marry, but in line with tradition he will not have any title or represent the Royal House.

Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett will be present at important markings in the family, for example at birthday celebrations — or at certain major sporting events where it is a tradition for the Royal Family to participate together.

Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett will make a clearer distinction between their own activities and their connection to the Royal House.

The princess decided in consultation with her family in 2019 that she will not use the princess title in connection with her business activities. This principle now also applies to her fiancé Durek Verrett.

This means that they must not make visible their connection to the Royal Household in their own social media channels (with the exception of @PrincessMarthaLouise on Instagram), in media productions or in connection with other commercial activity. In practice, this means that the Princess and Durek Verrett must refrain from mentioning this association through, for example, @tagging, use of the princess title, or use of images or mention of other members of the Royal Household in channels where commercial activity also takes place. This includes interviews whose main purpose is to draw attention to commercial activity.

This arrangement is intended to clarify a clearer distinction between commercial activity and the Royal Household. The purpose is to create calm around the Royal Palace and at the same time give greater freedom for the Princess and Durek Verrett in their business activities, life and work.

As an extension of this clarification, we at the Royal Palace wish to communicate the following:

We think it is very nice that the Princess has become engaged, and want Durek Verrett to feel welcome in our family.

The situation we as a family have been in recently has, however, highlighted issues that are complex and have many different aspects to them that we seek to take into account.

For us, it is important to safeguard the relationship of trust with the Norwegian people, while at the same time safeguarding the family in the best possible way. The limits of what one can say and do, while representing the Royal House, have been questioned and have been challenged. That is why we see a need to clarify roles and the use of the princess title.

We are also concerned with being able to live well together, despite our differences. We strongly distance ourselves from the racist attitudes Durek Verrett has been exposed to, especially on social media. It is a strength that the Royal Palace reflects the ethnic diversity found in Norway.

It can be difficult to understand how direct or indirect, conscious or unconscious racism can be experienced, for those of us who have not experienced it ourselves. Unfortunately, there are many people in Norway today who experience discrimination and racism.

We must work together to put an end to this.

Over generations, we in Norway have painstakingly created a society built on knowledge and research, on freedom of expression - and on a constant expansion of the Norwegian "we" as our society has become more diverse. We want to continue working for a society with great tolerance where we do not make hasty conclusions about others, but sincerely try to meet each other.

We want a society where there is room for everyone in a generous community, and where we meet each other with respect. This applies both in our close relationships and in the larger society we create together.
About health and science

The members of the Royal House have great confidence in the Norwegian healthcare system and Norwegian health authorities. A knowledge- and research-based approach, carried out by skilled healthcare personnel within the entire breadth of the healthcare system, has given Norway one of the world's best healthcare services for the entire population.

Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett have also emphasized on several occasions that they both trust and use school medicine and the Norwegian healthcare system.

When asked about her views on alternative medicine and evidence-based school medicine, Princess Märtha Louise expressed the following:

"Throughout my life I have been concerned with health and research. I am passionate about us arriving at new knowledge about how our health works. Through my own education as a physiotherapist, I have gained thorough knowledge of how important research-based knowledge is for the development of subjects, and not least how important it is for every vulnerable person.

I am grateful that we in Norway have a good healthcare system. I am impressed by all the knowledgeable people in hospitals, doctors' offices and educational institutions across the country. I myself have been helped by them many times - as have most people in the country.

At the same time, I believe that a good life and healthy physical and mental health are also about things that may not be so easy to conclude in a research report. Many preventive measures are of course documented - such as a healthy diet, proper exercise and a good balance between work and leisure. In other areas of life — such as spirituality, closeness to people and animals, yoga and meditation — the medicinal effect may not be as well known or documented. In recent years, for example, there have been research results that conclude that meditation contributes to stress reduction.

I believe that alternative methods can be an important supplement to school medicine for many. A warm hand, a needle, a crystal, naturopathy, yoga, meditation or a listening conversation, I think can help make life better for many people. Not instead of, but in addition to the treatment provided by the healthcare system. As a natural consequence, some people have this as a business activity.

We see successful collaborations between school medicine and the alternative - for example, by acupuncture being used in maternity wards in Norwegian hospitals, or horses being used as a supplement to psychiatric and drug treatment at Gaustad Hospital. It is in this field of cooperation and bridge-building that I want to continue. I go to the doctor at the same time as using acupuncture and working with energies. I go to yoga and I meditate - as I find many people do.

All of these have been constants in my life. I try to be true to myself, and live a life between objective dimensions and self-perceived experience.

I understand that many people are concerned with what I do and say. My title imposes a responsibility on me. Therefore, it is important to me, also in my business activities, that I distinguish between me as a private person and me as a member of the royal family. Sometimes I stumble, and am happy for supportive advice along the way.

For me, it is important to be honest with myself and with the people around me about these questions. I know where I stand, and hope that my positions are allowed to be mine, without others having to stand in for them. So I also don't want to be taken as an income for other people's opinions."

And the website has been updated with English versions of the announcement:

** royalcourt: Princess Märtha Louise to relinquish her official duties **

** royalcourt: The roles of Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett moving forward **

King Harald Queen Sonja gave a press conference on the decison concerning Princess Märtha Louise in the afternoon:

** Pic ** gallery **

Märtha Louise and Durek shared a statement via video:

** instagram video **

Last edited:
Harald and Sonja's weakness could drive the most staunch monarchist to cry for the abolishment of the monarchy. The crazy middle age woman is relieved from her duties but keeps her title and he, the man who claims unhappy people die of cancer (maybe my darling mother, who died of cancer at 38, should have been "happier"), gets to be part of the royal family.

They are versed when it comes to bringing all kinds of "peculiar" people into their family, fine, that's their business. But they are not entitled to disgrace the country's name.

Maud taking part in Masked Singer, Haakon's setpson dating someone who makes MM look like a Disney Princess. Enough is enough.

Harald and Sonja's weakness could drive the most staunch monarchist to cry for the abolishment of the monarchy..

Weak? I for one don’t perceive King Harald and Queen Sonja as “weak”!
On the contrary, they have tried to deal with a complex situation for some
time, and in stead of hiding behind platitudes or silence they are very open
about the difficulties they have been facing plus the fact that they
are sad about losing Princess Märtha Louise as a working royal! I
could think of other royal families, mine included, who could learn
a lesson from the way the NRF have handled this!

Last edited:
"The princess decided in consultation with her family in 2019 that she will not use the princess title in connection with her business activities. This principle now also applies to her fiancé Durek Verrett."

-But she already promised that and did it anyway.
https://www.hola.com/us/imagenes/ro...rincess-martha-louise-title-1-instagram-z.jpg
Now do they really mean it?:whistling: and what will happen if they dont listen?

"This means that they must not make visible their connection to the Royal Household in their own social media channels (with the exception of @PrincessMarthaLouise on Instagram), in media productions or in connection with other commercial activity. In practice, this means that the Princess and Durek Verrett must refrain from mentioning this association through, for example, @tagging, use of the princess title, or use of images or mention of other members of the Royal Household in channels where commercial activity also takes place. This includes interviews whose main purpose is to draw attention to commercial activity."

- Hopefully they do follow through on this. Durek always tagged Martha on Instagram to her personal account but also her "Princess" official one. It was always the princess this and the princess that...
the tiktoks were very cringe
https://www.tiktok.com/@shamandurek/video/7126242875742014766?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

Her patronages were already letting Martha Louise go

Kinda of a soft response from the royal house. Hopefully Martha Louise keeps her end of the deal.

videos of Harald and Sonja's press conference.

“The Americans don’t understand the significance of this here. They have no idea what a monarchy is. So it’s no wonder he doesn’t understand it.”

“Why did the Royal Couple choose to let her keep the title of the Princess?”
“She is our daughter and she will continue to be, so she is Princess Märtha Louise.”
“Did she ever consider to give it up herself?”
“I don’t know. It wasn’t a topic in that process.”

The process has been led by Crown Prince Haakon and the Chief of Court and it has brought the family closer together.
“Even if we disagree on things, we are happy with each other. I have the feeling that the family is now very close to each other in a new, nice way.”

"Fortunately, Norway has a wise king who listens to his people. The question is, however, whether the current solution is enough, or whether it only contributes to continued long agony."
https://www.nettavisen.no/norsk-deb...n-bidra-til-fortsatt-seigpining/o/5-95-746163

Last edited by a moderator:
I will need some time to digest the announcement, but my initial reaction is that the press release is a masterstroke in diplomacy, clear communication, futureproofing, and optics - and ingenious in balancing all the demands required of a major announcement about such a sensitive issue involving public and private, national and international concerns. King Harald V, and those advising him, are truly a gift to Norway.

I don't think that the King is weak. I think they were between a rock and a hard place. You truly can't "forbid" a 50 year old to marry who she likes, especially because she will do it anyway, claim racism and would probably still use her title to sell dangerous stuff. As well as create a huge rift with her and maybe her daughters that they clearly want to avoid because they may well need her to be able to reach out if things go south with Durek.

They've made it clear both no longer represent the Royal House and that they are just "beloved family members".

Most monarchs would hesitate before making their children just plain Mrs Anything if they could help it. Perhaps if the King had a lesser title to give ML she would no longer be a princess.

They've made it clear that DUREK is also not allowed to go on about "Princess Martha Louise" the way he has been all over social media, clearly adoring her title.

I'll believe they'll completely stop using it they way that they have promised when I see it because they've promised that before and broken it. But for now it's a compromise that gives her a last chance to keep her end of the bargain. If they keep on breaking it hopefully there will be consequences to that.

Back
Top Bottom