Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it’s more likely he just wants to keep himself relevant. He’s not gonna pressure Harald and Sonja, so it’s a bit irrelevant whether he pressures ML.

You are right, a Prince Consort or anywhere near the Royal House Durek is unthinkable and Harald’s obviously Alt for Norge.

I’m really not sure why ML and Verrett feel the need to get married at all, except to stay controversial and relevant.

I don't know, it's just really weird for a non-royal partner to continually announce that they are going to marry a royal, without an official announcement or any signs of the wedding actually happening. Not that Durek will care about how royals usually do things, but it's just very suspicious. Maybe you are right, and it's just for attention. :ermm:

No, I don't think that Harald & Sonja would let themselves be pressured into agreeing either, but he's just stirring trouble. I'm sure they are not happy about reading about this supposed wedding in the papers all the time, if they don't approve of it in the first place.

I also don't see why they would absolutely need to get married. And I'm not convinced that she will marry him. I have not heard it from her yet - though I suppose she at least knows not to say such a thing when there is no official announcement. And while she has said that she will move to the US, she has also said several times "but not right now."

Svensk Damtidning quotes the article in Se og Hör:

According to Norwegian Se og hör, Durek dropped the bomb on Instagram, during one of his live broadcasts.
He received a direct question from one of his followers: when will the king send out a press release that there will be a wedding?
Durek's answer was direct and precise.
- Later this year, brother.
Norska prinsessan gifter sig med skandalpojkvännen _*Svensk Dam
Translation

Svensk Damtidning quotes the article in Se og Hör:

According to Norwegian Se og hör, Durek dropped the bomb on Instagram, during one of his live broadcasts.
He received a direct question from one of his followers: when will the king send out a press release that there will be a wedding?
Durek's answer was direct and precise.
- Later this year, brother.
Norska prinsessan gifter sig med skandalpojkvännen _*Svensk Dam
Translation

Yes, he answered for the last months of this year. This spanish article quote his instangram direct:
https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...a-real-chaman-durek-boda-marta-luisa_3368693/

I completely agree with many of you in thinking that if King Harold has not given his "blessing", that does say a lot about what may or may not be happening behind the scenes. I also think that, yes, Durek may be doing this to keep himself relevant. Personally, I do not see ML marrying Durek, not sure why, but just a feeling. I believe that if they were going to marry, they would have already announced it or done so by now.

I wouldn't read too much into Durek's statements. He has a history of letting his mouth run away with him.
So whether it's official, okayed by the King or not or whether he has even proposed yet, is not something we should put much significance into IMO.

Personally I do believe they will end up getting married. It will, I think, be a Hollywood wedding, more than a royal wedding.
I also believe they would have been at the very least engaged last year had it not been for the pandemic.

possibly Martha does not want to get married if it meant her and her children losing their place in the succession.

It's interesting, previously he said that he kept planning to propose but ML "guessed" he was about to so he had to postpone. Infamously he said that he had been about to propose when Ari died.

He is the only one talking about it but I have always imagined ML is onboard, she has previously talked about them being soul mates or similar. Not that that has to mean marriage, but still.

I did expect that they would be engaged by now but there are plenty of ongoing issues that might have delayed it, even if the family are theoretically on board or "if you must" .

I think it would take a lot for Harald to withhold his permission if/when he is asked, despite the controversies. The only time I thought he wouldn't was when Durek was telling everyone he was going to propose anytime now when Ari had been dead less than one year. I thought if they tried that then someone would put their foot down and insist on waiting until the anniversary of his death had past - for the girls, ML's own grieving and propriety.

I think marriage will eventually be part of their plans. The relationship has lasted longer than many people expected.

Yes, I believe that and later this year the Royal House will make an announcement confirming the engagement of Princess Martha Louise and Durek Verrett.

Interview with Durek about future wedding plans
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...-billed-bladet-saetter-ord-paa-bryllupsplaner

"The reason he speaks out is that he's upset about recent rumors that the princess and he are planning to get married this year.
- I have not even proposed to her yet. So I do not know why people say that. It's strange, it sounds like this from Shaman Durek, who elaborates on the reason why the wedding is not taking place yet. "
"- I'm very old-fashioned in the way I do things. Therefore, I sat down with King Harald and Queen Sonja and asked for their daughter's hand in marriage. If they had said no, I would not have gone ahead with it. I do things in an honorable and respectful way, Shaman Durek tells BILLED-BLADET. "
"- I'm a gentleman and that's the way I also court her - invite her out and buy dresses for her when she comes to town. She has a closet full of dresses because I know her size. And I buy jewelry for her, sing love country songs for her, write poems for her, buy beautiful flowers for her, and fill the house with flowers when she's here. I'm very old fashioned and I would never rush anything.

- So I hope people stop spreading rumors and stop drawing a different picture of me than who I am. Because I was raised to be a gentleman and I live my life this way with the woman I love. I want to grow old with her and it will all happen in the most beautiful way and with respect for her, her children and her family, is Shaman Durek's concluding remark about the couple's future plans."

Thanks for posting the link and everyone’s opinions. I just really wonder about the Princess and Durek, this non announcement and his comments. I wonder if Durek made this statement to force the King and Queen to make a statement or even the Princess to make a statement. If he’s not ready to propose why ask the King and Queens ‘permission’ to marry their daughter? Jmoo

I am confused: How is "the princess and he are planning to get married this year" a "rumor" given that Mr. Verrett answered himself on an Instagram broadcast (see these links) that the King would announce a wedding "later this year"? Was there a miscommunication?

:previous: A phone call from the palace perhaps?

It's really strange indeed. Durek himself is the one who started rumors about getting married 2 years ago (around the time Ari passed away); and now he is on the one hand saying he hasn't proposed yet as he is a gentleman and would only do so if the king and queen gave permission; and in the next sentence states that he sat down and wouldn't have gone (NOT: wouldn't go) ahead if they didn't agree. So, is he trying to imply that they did agree and that he already went ahead with is (but without asking?) and at the same time he is still waiting for the right moment to propose (which won't be a surprise given that he already announced to the world and to his girlfriend that her parents didn't disagree as he already 'went ahead'). As always, the guy is all over the place.

Well seems the rumours all come from himself and more fuel is added to them with this "denial" - the suggestion so it seems he has already asked the King and Queen about proposing.

Isn't it possible that since the rumors started floating around that there's a delay in making plans due to Durek having his kidney transplant fail on him and going back on dialysis. They *both* may feel that now isn't the time to make a life changing decision.

That's the first thing that popped into my head here. ?

:previous: A phone call from the palace perhaps?

Isn't it possible that since the rumors started floating around that there's a delay in making plans due to Durek having his kidney transplant fail on him and going back on dialysis. They *both* may feel that now isn't the time to make a life changing decision.

That's the first thing that popped into my head here. ?

Both are plausible, but if so, why not acknowledge that he spoke prematurely / that the plans have been delayed, rather than referring to his own explicit statement on Instagram as a "rumor" being spread by the public?

Both are plausible, but if so, why not acknowledge that he spoke prematurely / that the plans have been delayed, rather than referring to his own explicit statement on Instagram as a "rumor" being spread by the public?

Selective reasoning? He forgot? He thinks that people don't remember this stuff or don't pay attention? There could be a bazillion reasons but one thing I've realized, he will *not* allow himself to look bad in anyone's eyes if he can help it. That's what smooth talkers do. :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca2pGgevzDz/

I continue to be creeped out by Durek. Martha's instagram celebrating International Women's Day. Durek's first comment "I love our family". The photo shows Durek surrounded by Martha's girls and Martha. I just want to cringe when I see him all tight with the daughters his creepy hands tight around their waists, Martha out on the perimeter. Ick!

Well, in these days we should perhaps welcome the diversions this couple provides...

There is a good deal of delayed flower-power about this video.

The Shaman Durek, Princess Märtha Louise's love interest and self declared healer, has found a solution for his incurable kidney disease - The actress Katerina Graham, known out of the fiction series "Vampire Diaries" and his good friend, will donate a kidney, the German tabloid Bunte reports.
https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-...-spender-niere-fuer-ihren-durek-gefunden.html

His girlfriend, the Norwegian Princess and mother of three Märtha Louise was very ready to donate a kindney herself - but she is no suitable donor.

The Shaman is a Jailbird!

Bunte online, the German tabloid reports, citing "svenskdam.se":
https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-...ichtet-ueber-traumatische-gefaengniszeit.html

So, he was of course innocent, but sentenced to five years imprisonment when he was 17 years old - for (probably) arson. It was the result of a House Party gone terribly wrong - It was not his house (burglary) and it caught fire.

During his prison term he was isolated and for a while in a straight jacket (attempted suicide). After one year he got out of the jail on parole.

He claims, that was all the fault of his evil stepmother, woman from the Philippines, which transformed his life into hell.
https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-...-erlebnisse-durek-spricht-ueber-kindheit.html

If he sings: Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree to ML - I'll become a hermit i Tibet!

https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-...ichtet-ueber-traumatische-gefaengniszeit.html

So, he was of course innocent, but sentenced to five years imprisonment when he was 17 years old - for (probably) arson. It was the result of a House Party gone terribly wrong - It was not his house (burglary) and it caught fire.

During his prison term he was isolated and for a while in a straight jacket (attempted suicide). After one year he got out of the jail on parole.

He claims, that was all the fault of his evil stepmother, woman from the Philippines, which transformed his life into hell.
https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-...-erlebnisse-durek-spricht-ueber-kindheit.html

That's not good news. :sad:

I mean, I believe it, but….

Wouldn’t this be in a more credible source were it true?

I suppose he must have been sentenced as an adult.

Does this have anything to do with why he changed the spelling of his name, I wonder?

Back
Top Bottom