Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some norwegian genalogists have looked into the norwegian ancestry thing. Their conclusion is that it's false. If you're a history buff, check out especially the post on page 9 in this thread (the ones at the bottom).
https://forum.arkivverket.no/topic/233904-durek-david-verrett-–-norske-aner-på-morssiden/page/9/

Doesn't realy matter does it? he is a tiresome idiot who will say anything to get attention and to further his connextion with Martha L. Why not just ignore his meanderings.

Doesn't realy matter does it? he is a tiresome idiot who will say anything to get attention and to further his connextion with Martha L. Why not just ignore his meanderings.

As a keen genealogis myself, I would have been interested in researching a similar case if it happened in Sweden. Not because he's a nice person, but because I love genalogy and researching mysteries.

As a keen genealogis myself, I would have been interested in researching a similar case if it happened in Sweden. Not because he's a nice person, but because I love genalogy and researching mysteries.
I gather a lot of these DNA tests aren't that accurate.. and its the sort of thing that the shaman would say, he's suddenly discovered he's Norwegian.. blah blah.

Some norwegian genalogists have looked into the norwegian ancestry thing. Their conclusion is that it's false. If you're a history buff, check out especially the post on page 9 in this thread (the ones at the bottom).
https://forum.arkivverket.no/topic/233904-durek-david-verrett-–-norske-aner-på-morssiden/page/9/

That's very interesting, thank you!

So to sum up, it was the shaman's step-grandfather, not his grandfather, who was Norwegian and he is therefore not actually part Norwegian as he claims. He has also claimed to have Russian ancestry but no evidence has been found of that either. The same goes for his claim that his grandmother was a shaman as well.

Hmm, interesting discussion on that board. So it seems he's either lying or was mistaken about family history. It's also possible that he had a part Norwegian unofficial step-grandfather. And it seems like a lot of his family were in fact well off black Catholics in France not shamans. In itself it doesn't really matter if he does or doesn't but it becomes part of a long line of "what will he say next?"

I think those that said he would probably up "long line of Norwegian Oracles" in his book to "ancient line of Kings" eventually.

Actually, knowing my genetic roots was interesting to find out. My daughter had me have it done as that's a field of interest for her. I was adopted as a baby but the results show that my Irish roots centralize in the same area of Ireland that my adoptive father's family came from (Ballinrobe, Mayo). Other than that, it is what it is.

The Shaman harping on ancestral DNA from Norway tells me this man is grasping at straws to present the idea that the two of them were mystically and magically drawn together even from opposite sides of the globe. Its a lot of hooey if you ask me. :D

It is IMO always beneficial to take a completely opposite view on things - all things - and see where it leads.

I am going to suggest that the conman is being conned.

We have Durek.
Obviously a conman. Whether he actually believes in himself is an interesting question. Judging form his inconsistent and easy to deflate claims, that also seem to change with events, I think it's safe to say that he does believe in his own nonsense. Or that he has an alternative perception of reality.
Any cool professional, would set up a much more convincing story, come up with much more convincing explanations and not allow himself to be caught with his pants down all the time.
So Durek IMO clearly believes in this pseudo-religion that shamanism has become.
Unfortunately a lot of other people (be they desperate or not) tend to believe in this and him as well. Enough of them certainly for him to create and be able to live comfortably of his own fortune.

Then we have ML.
An egoistic person. In her many and elaborate stories about self-realization she constantly talks about... herself. She never seems to consider that perhaps her brother had similar misgivings about his life and destiny and that her own actions may have caused her family and people unnecessary concern and even grief.
She has, in the light of MM's illness, not offered to return to the royal fold and shoulder some of the burden. On the contrary, she has persisted in talking up and down how hard her life as a royal was.
She lives well above her means. Her debt is a testament to that. Her need to sell otherwise solid assets like property is also a testament to that fact. There have been many stories in the Norwegian press about her financial predicaments.
She has a known history for testing her boundaries.
She tried, and failed, to set up an "angel-school" or whatever it was. - Some could say that is an easy way of earning money, while doing as little as possible...
Not many buy, let alone wish to pay for, her tenuous concept of being extra sensitive and being able to communicate with angles and what not. My impression is that she in contrast to Durek, simply isn't convincing enough.
- The best liars or those who believe in their own lies.
But whatever you may say about ML she's not stupid.
If she loves him, she may see Durek's claims as charming eccentricities. If she thinks like most of us here, she will most likely see right through them and perhaps even think: Hello, sucker.

Now, what has ML to offer to Durek?
Her title. She is undeniable a genuine princess, from a real life royal family.
Her connections. People in royal circles and high society, who could be potential costumers - or at least be used for name-dropping. - Or so she gives the impression...
A big official stamp of approval. The stamp of supplier to the royal court does mean something!
The royal allure. Prince Durek... That does have a good sound. Whether he becomes a Norwegian prince is irrelevant and a mere detail. I imagine the royal connection would appeal very much to Durek! He used to be a pharaoh, remember...

But what has Durek to offer ML?
Money.
Connections. Wealthy connections.
A much more professional platform. In comparison to Durek, it is my opinion, that ML is a mere amateur.
Durek's talents for shall we say persuading clients from parting with their money, combined with her royal affiliation, could give the pair of them an advantage. Advantage = money.

What has ML given Durek?
Not much actually.
She has no money. Few clients worth mentioning. Basically she has only lend her royal aura, and that doesn't cost her anything - but some bad press in Norway.

What has Durek given ML?
Free stays in USA with all expenses paid, including holidaying in locations that are above her own means. Like Hawaii.
Connections and opportunities.
Remember they were just about to launch their joint venture, where ML's royal status was accidentally and very conveniently mentioned, when Corona set in. Who knows what it might have led to? And there is still time.

Will they get married?
IMO a likely possibility.
It could be an advantage for both parties.
Durek gets married to a real life princess. Good for business - and his own self-image.
ML marries into money and a much more successful business. If this goes well, they will together earn even more money and they don't even have to spend that much time together.
But why shouldn't they have a merry time together? Durek is seemingly entertaining and funny and judging from his reports from their gettogethers he's eating out of her hand. All she has to do is bang the bongos from time to time or talk about spirits.
Should they divorce ML should be able to secure a most comfortable settlement. Any good lawyer should be able to fleece Durek for at least a very good part of his fortune.

So is Durek being conned? Has he found someone who is better at the game than he is?

There are indications hinting towards the fact that Durek has been heckled.
His way over the top messages of love and praise for ML could indicate that he has genuinely fallen for ML. Admittedly such flowery language is his style, but if they were two conmen who have gotten together, surely there would be no such need for such a public spectacle?
If he is sure of her love, why continue to embark on this full scale courting-offensive?

So, perhaps things are not a clear cut as it may seem?

----------------

You can rest assured that the Norwegian Police Intelligence Service have long since asked their colleagues in the FBI about Durek. Just as the Norwegian Foreign Ministry have quietly made inquiries to the US foreign ministry about Durek. That would be the duty of any government.
But it is not against the law, not even for royals, to be connected with people with a questionable background.

Last edited:
Muhler, you always have a wealth of Information, I like to read what you have to say. Thank you. As for Martha Louise, I wish she wake up from this trance and smell the coffee. I am sure there is a great man in Norway or some where, who will love her for herself, not the Title. This may be a bit harsh, she only think of her own needs and wants,not of her children, they should be her first priority and also her family.

Muhler, you make a very compelling case for ML being the grifter (or an equal partner) here, and yes, it is good to remember two can indeed play this game, and that the princess is neither particularly stupid nor innocent. But I do think she is the more vulnerable one. Between her lack of a criminal history (or exes saying "I fear for Durek") or pathological lying, her three minor and bereaved children in sole custody, and least of all, her very public position, she has a lot more to lose here if and when things go sour.

Verrett isn't sure enough of their relationship. Whether that's his neediness or his grip on her, who knows, but that's why the courtship bombardment continues.

Well done Muhler!

I have grown tired of the "poor Martha Louise being conned" posts and those making Derek out to be a big bad wolf.

I have always thought and still firmly believe that Martha Louise is a grown woman who knows what she is doing. She is not some young, immature, lovesick teenager who is being taken advantage of .

The fact that there is mutual adoration (as seen on their Instagram posts) means that Martha Louise is happy and clearly benefiting from the relationship in some way or shape.

She is not some young, immature, lovesick teenager

The problem is, that is exactly what she has been acting like, unfortunately not with the most reputable partner.

who is being taken advantage of .

Whether she is or not, she's vulnerable, and there are enough red flags to make the situation worrisome. Saying "she's a grown woman so there's nothing to be done and it will probably be fine" doesn't make it less worrisome.

The problem is, that is exactly what she has been acting like, unfortunately not with the most reputable partner.

Whether she is or not, she's vulnerable, and there are enough red flags to make the situation worrisome. Saying "she's a grown woman so there's nothing to be done and it will probably be fine" doesn't make it less worrisome.

Actually, what it does is put the agency firmly, squarely in her own self, as a grown ADULT. There has been a disturbing undercurrent in this thread that she is, simply as a woman, somehow more vulnerable to this "conman" who has come into her life.

Muhler, quite rightly, points out that ML has, herself, seemed more than willing to fleece people with her own brand of New Age spiritual exploration in these "angel schools" but been rather unsuccessful. She is, IMO, no more reputable than the shaman, but has gotten away with it, protected by her status as a royal princess.

Take those two items together - royal princess and woman and we are given the ultimate gender trope of "damsel in distress." It is easy to fall for that trope but I must say, I rather applaud Muhler for looking beyond that and breaking down why we might very well be mistaken in believing that ML is the more vulnerable party in this equation or that she stands nothing to gain from the relationship.

Well, I am not really surprised that Durek's claim about his supposed Norwegian heritage turned out to be false. He really is a very complex character.

I am a history buff but I don’t get the whole DNA ethnicity crap. Sorry but I watch those commercials where people suddenly learn they are a different culture and it’s a change. If your ethnic culture is so far back you don’t know it without a test it doesn’t impact who you are. I am British, Irish and German. I know that as my family in living memory came from there. That’s where our traditions and such come from.

He is not Norwegian. Just another desperate claim as his link to Martha and her name. Any more then if I found out my Scottish ancestors had some Viking blood. Next thing he will be claiming he is descended from ancient Norway kings. Or some great explorer.

I'm going to venture that were sham Durek to take a DNA test it would show he is 99.9% not Norwegian. I don't think he has a solid sense of who he is at this point having made up so many stories about himself over the years, given his need to embellish and fabricate, having told so many big whoppers (lies). Muhler's post implying who is really the con, Durek or ML provided excellent insight into their ongoing relationship. I think these two have some (major) mental health issues independent of one another. Together, this can't end well. It's kinda sad but on the other hand, buckle up and hang on for the ride.

Regarding DNA testing, not everyone knows their genetic background. Many people who are adopted still have no information about their birth family's ethnicity or where they come from. Displaced people or those raised away from their families of origin lack, what I consider, important information. There are several commercial labs that offer genetic testing related to ethnicity. Are they as reliable as, say, for example Mayo Clinic's Department of Clinical Genomics used in medical diagnostics and research, most likely not.

Regarding commercial DNA ethnicity tests; I've thought about taking a test, it might be fun to see what pops up in my own Daly Herring/red haired blue eyed tree.:D
For those interested I found an article rating the current commercial DNA testing sites. https://www.verywellhealth.com/best-dna-testing-kits-4171686

Actually, knowing my genetic roots was interesting to find out. My daughter had me have it done as that's a field of interest for her. I was adopted as a baby but the results show that my Irish roots centralize in the same area of Ireland that my adoptive father's family came from (Ballinrobe, Mayo). Other than that, it is what it is.

The Shaman harping on ancestral DNA from Norway tells me this man is grasping at straws to present the idea that the two of them were mystically and magically drawn together even from opposite sides of the globe. Its a lot of hooey if you ask me. :D

See that I get. Being adopted you don't know where your origins are from. It would be interesting to know where your blood family came from.

Though I also am a student of the thought of nurture over nature. My brother in law and his twin are adopted. They are bi-racial. But they were raised by a French Canadian couple who adopted them. They spoke French as their first language, and its their French Canadian customs they still hold to even if not ethnically French at all.

But yeah it seems he is hoping for some 'fairy tale'. If ML was Danish, and not from Norway, I'd say dreaming of Hans Christian Anderson. Like two star crossed lovers, destined to be soul mates.

See that I get. Being adopted you don't know where your origins are from. It would be interesting to know where your blood family came from.

Though I also am a student of the thought of nurture over nature. My brother in law and his twin are adopted. They are bi-racial. But they were raised by a French Canadian couple who adopted them. They spoke French as their first language, and its their French Canadian customs they still hold to even if not ethnically French at all.

But yeah it seems he is hoping for some 'fairy tale'. If ML was Danish, and not from Norway, I'd say dreaming of Hans Christian Anderson. Like two star crossed lovers, destined to be soul mates.

Regarding your being a student of nature vs nuture I would think you might be aware of the ongoing worldwide epigenetic twin studies. One twin study I've been fascinated with regarding the impact of nature vs nuture was the recent study comparing the effects of a year spent in space on 52-year-old astronaut Scott Kelly with the Earth-based experience of his identical twin, Mark. Researchers discovered that Scott Kelly’s time on the International Space Station had altered the expression of 7 percent of his genes, including those involved in blood oxygenation and DNA repair. “It was surprising how many genes responded to the stress of spaceflight" says Christopher Mason, a geneticist at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...8-b60b-1c897f17e185_story.html?outputType=amp

Back to the ML boyfriend saga, I agree with your fairy tale assessment, and yes they do seem destined to be star crossed soul mates. Unfortunately, history hasn't turned out well for others taking that same glide path, i.e. Romeo and Juliet.

Last edited:
If there is any money to be made I assume it will be rather limited, since the program will be aired by the Norwegian public broadcaster.

Märtha Louise was a guest at Durek's podcast "Ancient Wisdom Today", for over three hours. Durek spoke also about king Harald and queen Sonja.
Durek said to Märtha that he loves how Märtha's dad makes him laugh at everything, he reminds Durek so much of himself in his humor. About queen Sonja Durek said that he loves how Märtha's mother has such an eye for details and etiquette.
Märtha Louise praised Durek for adopting the royal etiquette so quickly.
Shaman Durek avslöjar intima detaljer om kung Harald _*Svensk Dam

Märtha Louise was a guest at Durek's podcast "Ancient Wisdom Today", for over three hours. Durek spoke also about king Harald and queen Sonja.
Durek said to Märtha that he loves how Märtha's dad makes him laugh at everything, he reminds Durek so much of himself in his humor. About queen Sonja Durek said that he loves how Märtha's mother has such an eye for details and etiquette.
Märtha Louise praised Durek for adopting the royal etiquette so quickly.
Shaman Durek avslöjar intima detaljer om kung Harald _*Svensk Dam

Also from the above article, "But he has also come closer to his new parents-in-law, the Norwegian royal couple. In his podcast where Märtha Louise was a guest last week, he told about how he and Harald are equal. Your parents are amazing! says Durek in the podcast."

So sham Durek is now referring to the King and Queen of Norway as his parents-in-law?:eek: and that he and King Harold "are equal"?:ohmy::eek: I guess sham and ML are as good as married and he fancies himself as the next King of Norway being equal to Harold and all.:wacko:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...currently-filming-hew-new-reality-series.html

Reality Series featuring the couple?

Is this to raise money for charities?

TV2 about the series
Prinsesse Märtha Louise får egen dokumentarserie på TV 2
Translation

Shaman Durek was a guest at Kjærlighetsmønster Podcast, he spoke about their relatioship. Märtha Louise posted it to her Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGzKdzXgu8v/

"Durek was our first guest on kjærlighetsmønster podcast. I met a completely different man than the one the media describes. The 140 Tara weekend participants met a humble, worldly, funny, unpretentious, wise, kind, caring, warm-hearted and really nice man who loves his woman dearly, who makes her feel safe and shining. It was easy to see"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGx5KZAHUCJ/

Last edited by a moderator:
Also from the above article, "But he has also come closer to his new parents-in-law, the Norwegian royal couple. In his podcast where Märtha Louise was a guest last week, he told about how he and Harald are equal. Your parents are amazing! says Durek in the podcast."

So sham Durek is now referring to the King and Queen of Norway as his parents-in-law?:eek: and that he and King Harold "are equal"?:ohmy::eek: I guess sham and ML are as good as married and he fancies himself as the next King of Norway being equal to Harold and all.:wacko:

I assume it is the article's writer who referred to the King and Queen as Mr. Verrett's parents-in-law, since it is not a quote.

Isn't the meaning of "lika varandra" more in the vein of "similar to one another" than "equal"?

I assume it is the article's writer who referred to the King and Queen as Mr. Verrett's parents-in-law, since it is not a quote.

Isn't the meaning of "lika varandra" more in the vein of "similar to one another" than "equal"?

That's correct.

I also notice that Durek used the expression "bonus children" when he talked about what they were to him.
That's an expression usually used by someone who has married or is in a marriage-like relationship with someone who has children, but hasn't formally adopted the children - yet.
That means Durek says he consider ML's children to be his own in anything but name, even though he hasn't adopted them. Both in relation to how he feels responsible for them, how he will approach their upbringing and especially how he view his personal relationship with the children. I.e. very close.
It would normally also imply that they consider him to be their "bonus dad" which means their dad in anything but name, though not a formal stepdad. Alternatively that they consider him to be an extra dad whom they are very fond of, just as fond of (or more) as their (living) biological father.

But over the top expressions are, as we all know, not unknown to Durek...

This is the cold/less passionate Scandinavia/Norway - where you don't throw big words like "bonus dad" around without really meaning it.

To be fair, with reading the other descriptions of how Durek finds King Harald's humor similar to his own and gets along well with the man, "equal" comes across more as "kindred souls" or "birds of a feather" than equal status.

If Durek and Martha Louise are to marry, its far better that Durek does get along with his in-laws rather than not. What we think of him doesn't really matter. It says something for the royal couple that they're able to get along with the man. That's class.

Harald and Sonja have decades of diplomatic patience, though. What are they going to do, openly disdain the man, drive their daughter away, and end up as Twitter fodder: "the King and Queen of Norway hate me because they're racists?"

It also bears noting:
-Verrett is a pathological liar. Everything he says is up for a shaker or two of salt.
-Harald has had slightly bigger things to focus on lately. Like being severely ill, and avoiding stress.

:previous: It is of course also how you wish to perceive it.

It is in Durek's interest (and no doubt dear wish) to have a good relationship with the Regent Couple and not least to give the impression of having a good relationship with them. And perhaps he even believe he has.

Getting along well = The Regent Couple were friendly, attentive and polite hosts who made their guest relax.

Having the same humor = Laughing at the amusing stories and remarks Durek told, and being witty in return. Routine for a senior royal.

And even if their meeting was a disaster and the atmosphere was ice cold, Durek would be most unlikely to say so. That would not be in his interests.

- So we simply don't know how well they really get along. and what the Regent Couple really think about Durek.

Last edited:
To be fair, with reading the other descriptions of how Durek finds King Harald's humor similar to his own and gets along well with the man, "equal" comes across more as "kindred souls" or "birds of a feather" than equal status.

If Durek and Martha Louise are to marry, its far better that Durek does get along with his in-laws rather than not. What we think of him doesn't really matter. It says something for the royal couple that they're able to get along with the man. That's class.

Who says this, that he gets on with Harald? Durek?

Basic problem: why is Durek talking about his relationship with the king and queen of Norway at all? Apparently, Märtha Louise is fine with him doing so or she would have stopped him from even starting.

Basic problem: why is Durek talking about his relationship with the king and queen of Norway at all? Apparently, Märtha Louise is fine with him doing so or she would have stopped him from even starting.

Why dod you think he's talking about it? Because he's a self publicist. He does this kind of thing...

Back
Top Bottom