Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank goodness, indeed. Hopefully, she'll find soon a honest and decent man who could be a great stepfather for her children.

It's nice of her to put the care of her daughters before everything else.

We in fact don't know what exactly happened between them.

I am very glad to hear that the Princess and her now ex boyfriend are taking a break. I hope it is permanent. Her beautiful children come first with the support of her family. IMO he was a leech trying to get as much monies and publicity out of the Princess and the Royal Family as he could. Thankfully the Royal Family put a stop to the two of them using any Royal title. That was the first big blow to the Durek....and then it snowballed from there but we don’t know all what happened. I do feel he was instrumental in the martial break up. What ever he did for the Princess to call it quits must have been pretty bad...I can only imagine.

I hope the princess and her girls can begin to heal and find some peace. I worry about the children.

I don´t think that`s funny. Buddhism, one of the big world religions, believes in things like that as well (even that one will be reborn, as an animal for example, over and over again). And Christian and muslim people also believe in live after death - very hard to comprehend for atheists, too....!

Well, the vast majority of Buddhist and Christians I have come across are not in the habit of bragging about how important they were in past lives.
Durak is. - Hence why I mocked him and I reserve the right to do it again.

Alas, I'm far from certain this is a break-up. Too much money and too many commercial interests involved.
They may not continue as a (genuine) couple but I believe their co-operation will continue.

Last edited:
I am very glad to hear that the Princess and her now ex boyfriend are taking a break. I hope it is permanent. Her beautiful children come first with the support of her family. IMO he was a leech trying to get as much monies and publicity out of the Princess and the Royal Family as he could. Thankfully the Royal Family put a stop to the two of them using any Royal title. That was the first big blow to the Durek....and then it snowballed from there but we don’t know all what happened. I do feel he was instrumental in the martial break up. What ever he did for the Princess to call it quits must have been pretty bad...I can only imagine.

I hope the princess and her girls can begin to heal and find some peace. I worry about the children.

Do you mean the marital break up of the late Ari Behn and ML? No, Durek did not know the princess at that time. He had nothing to do with the breakdown of her marriage to Ari.

Is there a source which is saying that the princess and Mr. Verrett have ended their relationship? (I apologize if I have misinterpreted anyone's comments and that was not the implication.) The Svensk Damtidning article in post #631 says, if I understood it correctly, that the couple remain committed to the relationship in spite of being obliged to live apart for the time being.

Its understandable that at this time, ML needs to focus on her daughters and Mr. Verrett is tending to whatever it is he tends to. This is the kind of separation that will really test their relationship. One of two things will happen.

1. Absence makes the heart grow fonder
OR
2. Absence makes the heart go wander.

Time will tell.

Märtha Louise has given an interview to swedish Svenska Dagbladet, it is a paywall article. Swedish Expressen quotes the interview, which was obviously done when Märtha Louise was in Sweden to promote her book, before Ari's death.

Over the past year, most of her has been about the relationship with American shaman Shaman Durek, whose real name is Durek Verrett.
She says they share things like a great interest in spirituality and supernaturalism.
- It is so great to share something that is so important to me and to be with someone who understands, accepts and likes what I do, she tells Svenska Dagbladet.
Norska prinsessan Märtha Louise_ ”Varit så rädd för människor”

Svenska Dagbladet's interview
Märtha Louise avsade sig titeln för att tjäna egna pengar _ SvD

Well, the vast majority of Buddhist and Christians I have come across are not in the habit of bragging about how important they were in past lives.
Durak is. - Hence why I mocked him and I reserve the right to do it again.
Sorry, but that does not speak for you! I have nothing to say in favour of this man, but what is going on on this thread, all that hatred and prejudice, is shameful and ridiculous. I will never understand the need of some to gossip viciously about people nobody of us know personally.
If that "shaman`s" behaviour is appaling, all this constant chitchat is as well.(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
I disagree with your stance.
And I flatly refuse to give in to "someone's" interpretation of political correctness - in this case you! Who claims to speak on behalf of Christians, Buddhist, and Muslims. - Because you do not speak on their behalf! You speak for yourself.
My remark was satirical, and once we abolish satire and humor (also humor that is not to everyone's taste) on this forum for fear of possibly, maybe, potentially, offending someone, somewhere, then we have woefully little left of our most precious right: The freedom of speech.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty obvious that my remark was directed at Durak. As this thread is very much about him. That you choose to involve religions that believe in various forms of afterlife and/or reincarnations - that is your misinterpretation.

As for Durek himself, we are talking about a man who among other things advocates that cancer-patients can cure themselves by their own sheer will. Patients who wouldn't have contracted cancer in the first place if they didn't subconsciously wanted to. And who wouldn't have died if they really had wanted to live!
He is quack and charlatan and a danger to those seriously ill who, in desperation, turn to him. - And pay handsomely for his "service" BTW.

So you bet I'm going to ridicule ham!

Last edited:
Sorry, but that does not speak for you! I have nothing to say in favour of this man, but what is going on on this thread, all that hatred and prejudice, is shameful and ridiculous. I will never understand the need of some to gossip viciously about people nobody of us know personally.
If that "shaman`s" behaviour is appaling, all this constant chitchat is as well.
By your taking part in this thread and calling everyone out for being appalling and pretty much throwing shade on all of us, gee, that doesn't seem quite right. I think I get that you miss "a place to contribute and exchange ones love and passion about the monarchial idea - and less cynical malice". I personally enjoy alot of the irreverent humor and diversity of thought but at the same time I continue to learn so much from these forums as I've learned from many of your own posts. My beef with "the Shaman" is that I find him dangerous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that the thread has had a little clean-up.
The discussion about (other) religions has to end here, as well as any personal arguments and off-topic discussions. Please be respectful towards the people you discuss and to blame Durek Verrett for the suicide of Ari Behn falls beyond the pale, no matter how questionable his lifestyle and views are. Thank you for your understanding!

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it seems PML is no longer "liking" any posts from the Shaman.

:previous:In my previous post I meant to convey I hope Princess Martha Louise is done with the Shaman Durek phase of her life.

Last edited:
Is she? Is there definite evidence that she has split with Durek

Well, well, now we can all sleep well again, knowing this...

It would indeed astonish me that Durek should have left his queen. After all he has memories of the two of them in a past life in Egypt, where he was a pharaoh and she was his queen.

This article, that quotes a number of verifiable sources, shed more light on what a remarkable man Durek is.
https://www.vg.no/rampelys/i/Vb5gl6...-blitt-erklaert-doed-hevder-han-ble-gjenfoedt

Durek suffered from incurable kidney failure in his younger days. At one point his heart stopped beating and while one doctor pronounced him dead, another doctor refused to give up and brought him back to life. But Durek lay in artificial coma for months and for a year after waking up he couldn't walk.
Seven years later Durek's then boyfriend used that story as the basis for a crowdfunding, so that Durek could get a new kidney, donated by his sister.
- He got the kidney.

But the episode, where the doctors seeming were in disagreement about declaring him dead..., is what Durek himself describes as a "spiritual death." And it was after waking up that he got his powers.
"I was 28, awoken, and knew I was to die."
His "death" was a "transition" and he describes it as being "reborn."
"It felt like swimming under water and see up and see a light. When I woke up I could see everything, hear everything and everyone's thoughts and emotions and an intense love for everything streamed out of me.
People often ask me how that felt. I will describe it as the best sex you've ever had, the best sandwich, the best food you've eaten. Totally orgasmic."

He first discovered his powers when he was five, where he often had conversations with his grandmother, even though she wasn't there.

But the road to where he is now was hard and full of trials.
He went from partying and drinking to enlightenment. And even that stage hasn't been easy!
"Lot of information I have been given and passed on to people is looked down upon, so I used to get a lot of hate and anger directed towards me. These experiences have taught me a lot.
Shamanism is about physiology, kinesiology, anthropology and sociology. When we start, we start very young. I was chosen when I was five years old.
What happens in shamanism is that we actually have the ability which gives us access to the atoms. We can spin the nucleus in the atoms, as well as the electrons in the atoms that literally reduce age. It's really powerful stuff."

BTW. Durek wasn't always his first name. He changed his name from Derek David Verrett to Durek Verrett in 2014.

- And with all that in my mind, I will go to bed. Goodnight. ?

Sometimes it is possible to convey so much...so powerfully .by learning the art of being economical with words( For the best example of what I am talking about read Lincoln's classic Gettysburg Address)

Put rudely, Mr Verrett runs his mouth too much.:sad:

These must be the articles Verrett feels compelled to open his pie hole over.

https://www.blick.ch/people-tv/roya...-schamlos-schamane-abserviert-id15758748.html

"Is everything already over between the Norwegian princess Märtha Louise (48) and her shameless shaman Durek Verrett (45)? The family has been doing badly since her ex-husband Ari Behn († 47) committed suicide. But instead of assisting them in this difficult time, Durek travels the world with his spirit healing sessions, as «Closer» reports. Another sign of separation: The shaman apparently no longer cares what the princess does on social networks. He no longer follows her on Instagram." This is just for starts.

Bild article similar to Blick
https://m.bild.de/unterhaltung/roya...amane-sie-abserviert-68941922.bildMobile.html

Updated VG article https://www.vg.no/rampelys/i/Wb1yod...uddrykter-martha-louise-er-min-tvillingflamme

Thanks to Muhler on his fine reporting;) and eya for bringing this to our attention.:flowers:

Last edited:
I have always loved Märtha Louise and still does, but i can’t help that i wish that this relationship will soon be over...

Not that i would EVER expect a free spirited and liberal soul like Princess Märtha Louise marrying a conservative scottish Earl and move to a closed castle in the highlands or a stern naval officer, who is always away at the sea. That is simply not Märtha Louise.

But there must be someone out there even for her, who does not attract a lot of media attention for ”the wrong things”.
She would (and more than ever right now) need someone who can take her down to earth again and complement her. That’s how any healthy relationship works. Not someone who lifts her even higher up in the sky than she already is...

"Is everything already over between the Norwegian princess Märtha Louise (48) and her shameless shaman Durek Verrett (45)? The family has been doing badly since her ex-husband Ari Behn († 47) committed suicide. But instead of assisting them in this difficult time, Durek travels the world with his spirit healing sessions, as «Closer» reports. Another sign of separation: The shaman apparently no longer cares what the princess does on social networks. He no longer follows her on Instagram." This is just for starts.

Kind of gives credence to the adage "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." In Mr. Verrett's case, he's going but it seems to be that he's going far, far away and focusing on what is important to him and him alone. :D

I really hope it is really over. His comments about the people stricken with cancer are revolting.

:previous:

Ah yes, cancer.

The Norwegian press went into depth about what he had to say about cancer in his recent book Spirit Hacking which was stopped by the publishers in Norway to the considerable anger of Durek.

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/bok/i/8m...ittene-som-fikk-forlagssjefen-til-aa-se-roedt

The paper VG have counted Verrek using the words cancer no less than 26 times, so it's not just a passing mentioning as Durek tried to explain to the press in connection with the book being stopped.

In the chapter: It's all about the root.
Durek writes about illnesses. He writes that conventional doctors consider too few factors when they look for the cause of an illness.
"For example they believe the cause for cancer is basically in the genes."
Durek says that genetic codes can be inherited, but they must be activated. Such codes are activated by markers, according to Durek.
Such markers can be "mental stress" or "emotional pollution."
"These markers is what makes the (cancer) cells to develop (he uses the word "morph") and that's what creates the toxic, internal environments where these cells can multiply, become tumors, grow and grow and grow and grow."
He writes on that it makes no difference what hyper-extra-über-super-strong allopatic cancer-killer you attack the tumor with, if you don't change the inner environment.
"The only way to change the inner environment is by adjusting the makers and go to the core."
From a shamanistic perspective this core or marker can be anything: Like what words you tell yourself, the house you live in, the people you are with among a long list of examples mentioned in the book.
"Or it can be because they (the patients) hate their lives, hate themselves, but because they can be honest about it they create an illness, because they don't want to be here anymore."
It's actually pretty common - that people become ill as a -quick fix- and as a simple way out."

Verrek claims in his book, that people would rather fall ill than admit the truth, which is: "I really don't want to live."

He elaborates:
"The conscious brain can't handle this level of truth, just as most people can't handle this level of truth from a friend or family member. So the conscious part of the brain denies the truth, while the subconscious part turn it into an incurable disease."

And this is how he works with cancer patients on a hospital:
"The first question I always ask is: Why do you want this cancer? A few are upset about this. Children on the other hand don't feel the same way. When I work with children and ask them why they want their cancer, they respond directly: Because I don't want to be here anymore."

In another chapter: Attention creates reality, he explains why attention controls what becomes a reality.

"To control our attention is like deciding how we want the world to look like."

Again he takes up cancer.
"Let's say that someone is diagnosed with cancer and they say: I must fight cancer. I must conquer this cancer. I must not let the cancer kill me.
I really doesn't matter what they do and how many treatments they go through. I can at once tell that they are creating an experience for themselves, where it becomes unlikely that they will triumph over cancer. To focus so much of the attention on fighting cancer and standing up to cancer, only strengthen cancer, because it is all about cancer, cancer, cancer."

Because when the attention is directed towards fighting cancer, we are dependent on the cancer being in the body, giving us something to fight against.
Instead he believe that a cancer patient must focus away from the cancer and commit himself to thrive in a healthy body and to live a long, active life.
"Because then we change focus to the health and the recovery we experience, rather than the illness we wish to transform. That gives the universe the opportunity to reinforce our health correspondingly."

- Right, this was very easy to translate, but does it make sense to you what he says and means?
To me it means that all illness is psychosomatic and ignoring it not only keeps you free from decease but cures you should you (somewhat contradictory) contract one.

Don't know about the legislation in your countries but Norway has a legislation about "kvaksalveri" = being a practicing quack, especially if it constitutes a direct (even if it is only a potential) danger to the lives and health of the patients. Durek could face prosecution under the penal code if he actively "practiced" this in Norway.
As such the book being turned down by the publishers is no surprise.

Update on their relationship.

The gossip magazine Se & Hør (the Norwegian branch) has revealed that ML and her daughters spend time together on Hawaii.
Together with Dureks sister Angelina and her children, the party lived in a villa in the district of Haleiwa on the island of Oahu.
Here ML and Durak were observed bathing together and showing some form of personal mutual intimacy.

https://www.svenskdam.se/kungligt/darfor-har-martha-louise-och-durek-inte-setts-ihop-pa-63-dagar/

ADDED: Se & Hør publish visible proof in the form of photos in their magazine edition that is published today: https://www.svenskdam.se/kungligt/martha-louise-och-schamanen-pa-karlekssemester-pa-hawaii/

ML apparently left for Hawaii after the speculations about their possible break-up surfaced in the media.

Last edited:
If they're truly happy together, more power to them and may they always be a happy couple.

Even though I'm of a mind to think of Mr. Verrett as a charlatan and pushing spiritualism for profit, there is some truth in what he's claimed as far as illnesses go and the mental and spiritual way of looking at them. One just has to read the success stories of even how a service dog works wonders with returning military personnel from combat duty that suffer from PTSD to realize that the change sometimes is miraculous. It never though replaces being under the care of a professional physician or prescribed medications.

As someone that has had cancer affect my other half and through the care of a network of physicians and health care workers, I *know* for a fact that if he had shunned the treatments and followed Mr. Verrett's way of thinking, I'd be a widow today rather than having a cancer free husband.

One would think that someone that is so taken up with the spiritual would also realize how much balance figures into things. Mind, body and spirit all working together is what keeps us healthy. Doctors and researchers are the gifts we're given for the physical. The spiritual or the mind alone doesn't do the trick. ?

:shock: This does not appear to be over yet (sadly).

Back
Top Bottom