Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there evidence for the NRF being racists?

I think everybody can write his/her opinion in this community, saying Durek would be an embarrassment is an opinion of a member.

I was thinking of embarrassment in the eyes of the international general public (who would be unlikely to demand evidence), not the members of this forum.

Last edited:
I was thinking of embarrassment in the eyes of the international general public (who would be unlikely to demand evidence), not the members of this forum.
I think his embarrassing behavior and questionable doings and sayings speak for themselves. The opinion and views of the NRF should matter more to Norwegians and I don’t think certain countries are in any position to judge the NRF or Norway. Also it is the opinion of Norwegians that should matter more than anyone else’s

I think his embarrassing behavior and questionable doings and sayings speak for themselves. The opinion and views of the NRF should matter more to Norwegians and I don’t think certain countries are in any position to judge the NRF or Norway. Also it is the opinion of Norwegians that should matter more than anyone else’s

Certainly so! But we are still allowed to discuss it here on this forum? And, by the way, it is dicussed here a lot, and not only here.

As well, as many other royals are discussed here, although you could argue that they only matter to the people of their respective countries.

Maybe I did misunderstand you, but if so, you surely will tell me.

Certainly so! But we are still allowed to discuss it here on this forum? And, by the way, it is dicussed here a lot, and not only here.

As well, as many other royals are discussed here, although you could argue that they only matter to the people of their respective countries.

Maybe I did misunderstand you, but if so, you surely will tell me.
I was responding to Tatiana’s comment about what the international general public would think.

Of course we can discuss his behavior, this is the thread for it. What I mean to say is that every and anyone can have their opinions and is entitled to their opinions, but in this situation, it should the opinion of the people of Norway that should matter most.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure the "international general public" would be likely to take note of Verrett's bizarre claims, inaccurate statements and questionable personal history before automatically condemning the NRF as "racists", when playing the race card does not automatically work and even the two most famous claimants have now retracted their earlier apparent claim.

There's the very likely possibility that the Norwegian public couldn't give a flying fig about what "the international general public" thinks about the issue. From what I've seen in cases like these Scandinavians rarely let the views of the English language tabloids affect them that much. Especially when it's on an issue where they know all sides of the story.

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning quotes Norwegian Se og Hør's paywall article:
Norwegian Se og Hør sheds new and partly different light on this hot topic: In an article published today, the couple's setbacks on the wedding front are described, "Doesn't get married without a new kidney".
It must be Shaman Durek's health problems that currently prevent him and Märtha Louise from becoming husband and wife, and Se og Hør refers to the groom-to-be's severe kidney disease. According to his own information, Shaman Durek has a kidney transplant, and if Se og Hør's information is correct, it must now be his deteriorating health that means the planned wedding has to be put aside until the situation has stabilized.
Märtha Louises bröllop i fara – efter Dureks relationsbeslut _*Svensk Dam
Durek Verrett og Märtha Louise_ - Setter bryllupet på vent

Under different circumstances, one would think Victoria and Dan would be sympathetic. Unfortunately as it is...

Do you know they aren't?

Even if they were to reach out privately, there's a more than 99% chance Verrett would say something about it, and I think it's fairly reasonable nobody wants to be linked with him publicly.

So however sympathetic they might or might not be, there's nothing they can actually do, short of going through a third party or acting anonymously.

Question….where would he be eligible to have a kidney transplant? Being a U.S. citizen, I would think the US and he would have to live in US and be close to a transplant hospital? Just wondering for any person if they are a citizen in one country but living in another….how does insurance or payment of care work out? Thanks

The average wait in the Us for KT is 5 years, plus all the other things requested.
Some travel, but I expect Norwegian public not to welcome this as problems of transplant organ trafficking.....
The most successful option would be if one of his blood family became a donor to him. Has he got siblings or children, only remember his mother was mentioned?

Interesting aspect considering Mette's future aswell. Though I don't know if she is or will be considering a lung transplant.

Even if they were to reach out privately, there's a more than 99% chance Verrett would say something about it, and I think it's fairly reasonable nobody wants to be linked with him publicly.

So however sympathetic they might or might not be, there's nothing they can actually do, short of going through a third party or acting anonymously.

Was or is Märtha or Durek close to Victoria or Daniel?
I think Victoria is a very strong person and would not mind if the person was of importance for her? If not it's sad but just somebody.
v and Mette are close, but Mörtha?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was or is Märtha or Durek close to Victoria or Daniel?
I think Victoria is a very strong person and would not mind if the person was of importance for her? If not it's sad but just somebody.
v and Mette are close, but Mörtha?

The entire Norwegian RF, Märtha very much included, is very close to the Swedish RF… They regard each other as ”family” and all the children, not just the heirs, have socialized since childhood.

Same with the Danish RF… The 3 scandinavian monarchies are super-tight and regards each other as the same family

Wether that applies to the Shaman too…….i don’t know… But Victoria is a diplomat out in her fingertips and wouldn’t say or do anything that she knows would hurt her friend Märtha Louise

Last edited:
I didn't think Shaman had children, but according to what I've looked up, there are no siblings either.

Last edited:
I didn't think Shaman had children, but according to what I've looked up there are no siblings either.

IIRC his sister is the one who donated his current kidney. He does have siblings; remember ML delighted at his Harry Potter house with them all "casting spells on each other"?

Prinsara, I don't know ? LOL. I just did a quick search again and nothing came up. Who knows .....
Edited, thanks LadyFinn. She's very pretty.

The entire Norwegian RF, Märtha very much included, is very close to the Swedish RF… They regard each other as ”family” and all the children, not just the heirs, have socialized since childhood.

Same with the Danish RF… The 3 scandinavian monarchies are super-tight and regards each other as the same family

Wether that applies to the Shaman too…….i don’t know… But Victoria is a diplomat out in her fingertips and wouldn’t say or do anything that she knows would hurt her friend Märtha Louise

I do wish however that Durek would say something stupid within earshot of QMII, she no doubt could and would without qualms or difficulty cut him in two with just one sentence. :D

I have read in the past (sorry I cannot find the links anymore) that he himself said that a) his mother b) his sister donated a kidney.
It was also written that Märtha was ready to donate but couldn't because her blood type or whatever is necessary didn't match.
I have also seen a crowdfunding site for him, but nobody has made money donations.
Kidney failure is a very serious illness. I wonder how long he has been on the list for a donation. It is very difficult to get a kidney due to the general lack of donators. So he will have to be on dialysis to survive.

There are illegal methods of getting a kidney, rich people somtimes do it. Not that I favour this, but ...Märtha could maybe tried to help him (with money) to get a new kidney.

Prince Daniel received his Father kidney before his Wedding. He looks fine ?

You needn't lecture a danish about "scandinavians" but thanks.
IMO Victoria is not close to the couple, but it doesn't matter at all.
As some might know Daniel's father was his donor then.

Prince Daniel received his Father kidney before his Wedding. He looks fine ?

Daniel is fine as far as we know, but unfortunately they don't last forever, and it's likely he'll need another one at some point.

Verrett may have other health complications that mean this one is failing more quickly.

Since he and ML are so clearly devoted to each other, though, I wonder why this is an obstacle? Why not just get married anyway? (He could use the Norwegian health care system for free, then... :whistling:)

You needn't lecture a danish about "scandinavians" but thanks.

I haven't seen any lecture. Hans-Rickard simply answered the question you asked regarding the Scandinavian royals ("Was or is Märtha or Durek close to Victoria or Daniel?"), which I am sure many non-Danish readers are interested in as well.

From that FB page I saw this picture he boasts, always as if his ego was bigger than the con job. I hope 2023 brings Martha's common sense back in place and away from these Hollywood-based creatures that attach themselves to celebrities as health gurus.

I assume this one below will soon be on the royal page to announce the wedding date? :ermm:

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=229157815392239&set=ecnf.100044469608062

I have also seen a crowdfunding site for him, but nobody has made money donations.

Some people have no decency, what a shame !

Last edited by a moderator:
There are illegal methods of getting a kidney, rich people somtimes do it. Not that I favour this, but ...Märtha could maybe tried to help him (with money) to get a new kidney.

....and that would be an absolute and very seriously justified scandal for the NRF. Better hope that she does not.

Svensk Damtidning quotes Norwegian Se og Hør's paywall article:
Norwegian Se og Hør sheds new and partly different light on this hot topic: In an article published today, the couple's setbacks on the wedding front are described, "Doesn't get married without a new kidney".
It must be Shaman Durek's health problems that currently prevent him and Märtha Louise from becoming husband and wife, and Se og Hør refers to the groom-to-be's severe kidney disease. According to his own information, Shaman Durek has a kidney transplant, and if Se og Hør's information is correct, it must now be his deteriorating health that means the planned wedding has to be put aside until the situation has stabilized.
Märtha Louises bröllop i fara – efter Dureks relationsbeslut _*Svensk Dam
Durek Verrett og Märtha Louise_ - Setter bryllupet på vent

In 2012 Durek received a kidney from his sister. A living kidney donor transplant lasts 15 to 20 years on average. Last Dec. 2021 it was reported on this thread Durek was receiving dialysis in LA waiting for a donor. Durek even announced Vampire Diaries actress Katerina Graham was going to donate her kidney but apparently she backed out.

What surprises me is the amount of traveling, activities and events Durek has participated in over this past year. Typically patients this ill are hospitalized or at home receiving close care until a live or cadaver donor can be found. It's a very complex process. I noticed in December he was on a beach in the Bahamas. A lot really doesn't add up.

Durek has given an interview to Bild. Norwegian VG writes about it.
- We discuss different ideas, but I can reveal here: As long as I don't have a new kidney, the wedding plans are on hold, says Verrett to Bild.
On Wednesday afternoon, Verrett also confirmed to VG that the information in the newspaper is correct.
- I don't want to go in front of the altar and think about my health problems. It should be the best day of our lives - with a new kidney.
Durek says that Märtha is a close supporter, and looks after him. He comments also his relationship with the royal couple, that although many do not believe it, his relationship with King Harald and Queen Sonja is very good. They have supported him in the last weeks, months and it really means a lot to him.
Durek Verrett i tysk intervju_ – Bryllupsplanene satt på vent - VG

by Lady Daly
What surprises me is the amount of traveling, activities and events Durek has participated in over this past year. Typically patients this ill are hospitalized or at home receiving close care until a live or cadaver donor can be found. It's a very complex process. I noticed in December he was on a beach in the Bahamas. A lot really doesn't add up.

That is exactly what I have been thinking. A dear friend of mine had two donor kidneys, each lasted about 10 years. As is known they do not last for the rest of your life. After the loss of the last donor kidney, she had to go back to dialysis. She could hardly travel, felt unwell most of the times . No way she could have worked, she had to retire at the age of 48 and finally died at just 60.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom