Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope those poor girls aren’t forced to uproot to LA.

My main concern is indeed with her daughters. Are they expected to move as well and if not, what support system is in place?

I assume Emma will join her mother as she is only 12 years old. Maud is 18, so can do as she pleases but Leah is 16, not likely to be interested in moving but still needing guidance and support.

ML is their mother and only parent, so they will go with her.

Unless there are serious reasons to fear for the well-being on ML's children no one can prevent her from going to USA to live there and bring her children with her.
We can imagine that ML's daughters contact the social services because they don't want to go to USA, but again, unless there are serious reason to fear for the well-being of the children, there is very little the authorities can do, except perhaps call ML in for a talk.

By all accounts there is no evidence I know of that even suggest that ML neglect or mistreat her children in any way.
And Durek may have his faults but preying on children and teens are, as far as I am aware, not among them. Nor is there evidence to suggest that he mistreat the children or expose them to danger.

If it is any consolation, I'm more than sure that the NRF and the Norwegian Foreign Ministry can and will be informed of any hints suggesting the children are in a bad way. There are all sorts of informal channels to ensure that.
After all, the children need only have access to a phone or computer in order to contact the family back in Norway to call for help or to say the word to a visiting relative.

And last but not least, ML is IMO egocentric and also irresponsible in regards to her economy, but not to the extent that she will override the well-being of her children.
She gives the impression of being a loving and protective mother.
And the children have a strong adult sister to go to as well.

So it's not the children I'm concerned about, I'm more concerned about what kind of mess ML may get herself involved in, and what kinds of methods she will use to fund the lifestyle she has.

Maud is 18, so there is no need for her to join her mother and sisters. If she wants to stay in Norway, I am sure something can be arranged. It will be interesting to see what she decides, both having her mother and sisters leave is probably quite daunting as well as joining them.

And yes, Märtha Louise can of course take her younger daughters with her but I would hope she takes their well-being into account as well; and if Leah would want to stay in Norway, I would hope that wish prevails over Märtha Louise's desires. It is typically not recommended to move teenagers to a different continent (and even less so if it is because you want to be with your new beau). Moving to a different country preferably takes place at an earlier age.

If it were a custody dispute, Leah would be old enough to decide where she wants to live, so it's not necessarily a given. On the other hand, for someone as dedicated to makeup as she is, LA might look like a dream come true. The simple fact is, we don't know how the girls feel. Maud might not want to be separated from her mom and sisters.

It bothers me that ML would not only separate Emma from everything, though, but from her horse. Her much-lauded and beloved horse, when ML herself appreciates an equine bond. Something doesn't feel entirely accurate there.

Last edited:
Maud and Leah could stay with their grandparents, I think Queen Sonja and King Harald wouldn't mind staying with their granddaughters for a while.
But Emma, who is 12, will probably have to go with ML.
I don't know, but a change of parents at this point in the lives of three teenagers I don't know if it's the most appropriate.

The reports of Martha Louise moving to LA to be with her shaman boyfriend has been circulating since at least the November 2020 issue of Vanity Fair. https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/11/the-princess-and-the-shaman

Every month or two we see a recycle of essentially the same old news. I don't think this is anything new. Years from now we'll be reading the same story except no one will care. Shaman who? Princess Martha Louise will still be living at home in Norway. Neither one of them have the multi millions it takes for a life style equalling the Sussexes. Durek may be able to con a palatial mansion for a few days of photo shoots but I think that's about it.

I'll believe these rumors when Vanity Fair reports ML and Durek are actually living together in a palatial mansion in LA... not just renting one for a visit or a photo shoot.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/norge/martha-louise-og-kaeresten-i-sorg

A friend of the couple, Katie Griggs is dead. Also known as Guru Jagat, she had established a well known name for herself in connection with yoga Los Angeles.
She died of heart failure after a routine surgery.

Durek has written that he considered Katie Griggs a spiritual support and as someone who could make him smile - even in difficult time.

- Well, insensitive and inappropriate it may be, but my mind couldn't help thinking these two thoughts:
Doesn't this clash with Durek's teachings? He has on several occasions expressed a remarkable approach to illness and death.
Why does a yoga-instructor call herself a guru? I suppose you can become a guru in regards to yoga - if you are a Hindu.

ADDED: Did a quick Google. There are, as far as I can tell, no indications of her being a Hindu.

She died at the age of 41, which is of course terrible for her family.
Well, even people who have a - shall we say - very high commercial approach to Hindu spirituality, die eventually.

Last edited:
Guru just means teacher, doeesnt it?

In the Hindu interpretation a guru is a spiritual teacher and guide. You attain a higher level of spirituality through doing X, Y, Z.
Katie Griggs based her teaching on Yoga on a version taught by a yogi, which is indeed a (lesser in spiritual context) teacher. Eqiuvalent to the Japanese sensei. A master. Or perhaps more correctly a teacher in the art of Japanese archery, tea ceremony or sword fighting, which includes a high level of spirituality.
There are quite a few who have called themselves guru, but just like shaman or witch the title is somewhat questionable, certainly in the original interpretation. - But it sounds fancy.

What struck me about Katie Griggs was that she labeled herself a "serial-entrepreneur" bragged about it actually.
There are no doubt Christians among the members reading this, so this would IMO be the equivalent of someone selling splinters from the cross of Christ calling herself a "serial-entrepreneur."

Last edited:
Katie Griggs or rather Guru Jagat's untimely death of course is unfortunate as most loss of life is. What really caught my eye was not just the purported apparent relationship to Princess Martha and Durek but suspecting this women was an early "disciple" of the now deceased Yogi Bhajan. And, she was.

Yogi Bhajan turned his L.A. yoga studio into a juggernaut, and left generations of followers reeling from alleged abuse. He died before any charges were ever filed. This is a well known case in the yoga world here in the US.

So many articles to reference. "A revered yoga figure’s legacy is being reevaluated as former followers come forward with allegations that they endured relentless sexual, emotional, and physical abuse". https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/yogi-bhajan/

Now, the relationship to Katie Griggs:
She initially came to Los Angeles in 2003, when controversial yoga figure Yogi Bhajan instructed her to teach at Yoga West, sending her off with a letter and the name “Guru Jagat,” Sanskrit for “Bringer of Light to the Universe.”

She founded the popular Venice Kundalini yoga studio RA MA in 2013 and had celebrity followers like Alicia Keys, Kate Hudson, and Kelly Rutherford. The yoga instructor and wellness entrepreneur suffered a pulmonary embolism following ankle surgery. She “always dreamt of being a rock star” and “always wanted to be famous.”

How close Martha Louise actually was to this woman, considering Durek's penchant for "name dropping" is suspect. Yet this story is part of an ongoing "six degrees of separation" narrative that Princess Martha Louise continues to seriously be associating with the wrong crowd. And she talks about moving to LA to be with her beloved Durek. Very unfortunate, all very creepy.

Yep.

The sharks are already circling.

The question that remains to be seen is whether ML will circle with them, or whether she will be in the middle - the victim.

Yep.

The question that remains to be seen is whether ML will circle with them, or whether she will be in the middle - the victim.

I think you are spot on, Muhler. It really does boil down to that, the longer she maintains a connection with Durek.

Yep.

I agree.

Though for the moment, Durek appears to thankfully be far away. I don't believe she has seen him since he left Norway at the beginning of this year. The new school year will start soon and it does not appear like Märtha is in the process of moving to the US.

Durek has also not come to Norway again, even though I believe he would be allowed to again under current covid regulations.

I agree.

Though for the moment, Durek appears to thankfully be far away. I don't believe she has seen him since he left Norway at the beginning of this year. The new school year will start soon and it does not appear like Märtha is in the process of moving to the US.

Durek has also not come to Norway again, even though I believe he would be allowed to again under current covid regulations.

Paid article saying that she is in the usa.

https://www.seher.no/kongelig/hvordan-slapp-hun-inn-i-usa/74115489

I wonder... who is with the girls when she is in the US? I losely follow Leah on Insta and she doesnt seem to be in the US.

Maud and Leah are old enough to stay by themselves. Presumably, to look after Emma as well. If that isn't the case, they surely have relatives and friends they can either stay with or who will check on them.

Maud and Leah are old enough to stay by themselves. Presumably, to look after Emma as well. If that isn't the case, they surely have relatives and friends they can either stay with or who will check on them.

Especially since Maud is already of age.:flowers:

Photos of Märtha Louise and Durek together at Svensk Damtidning's article
The first pictures of the couple from the USA came on Tuesday last week when they were seen in a car together. Since then, Märtha Louise has been seen training with a friend, walking in the luxury area of Beverly Hills with Durek, and as recently as Monday, they checked into Disney Land's own hotel.
Bilder på Durek i USA – sanningen om Märtha Louise _*Svensk Dam

Is she on holiday for a few weeks; or has she moved permanently to America? If she has moved over; I thought you had to go through the complicated Immigration status before residency?

Oh girl, thine eyes are like stars
Where in the world art thou equal

- Sorry, I just wanted to prepare you for the mood, because a-rose-between-his-teeth-Durek has once again declared his love for ML.
https://people.com/royals/princess-martha-louise-norway-50th-birthday-gift-boyfriend-shaman-durek/

"We're star-crossed lovers across the sea, but our love is defined by friendship and devotion," Shaman Durek tells PEOPLE. "It is through our friendship that we have built this ability to handle the distance between our hearts."

"I wanted to get her a beautiful piece of jewelry that represents friendship and love — that's the garnet stone," he continues. "The precious diamonds represent the love of the stars that I look upon in the sky knowing that I count the days on when we will be back together."

- And with the sweet sound of violins still ringing in our ears, let's marvel at the two-finger gold-ring with granate stones (or whatever they are called in English) with a matching gold-bracelet with diamonds, by Paige Novick.

:brush: :deadhorse::brush:
(Sorry. I'm down to emojis. But doesn't there come a point when a person can stop publicly gushing about their love and talk of things of substance? It just highlights how this isn't a normal relationship.)

Last edited:
:brush: :deadhorse::brush:
(Sorry. I'm down to emojis. But doesn't there come a point when a person can stop publicly gushing about their love and talk of things of substance? It just highlights how this isn't a normal relationship.)

Frankly, Durek's gushing impresses me that he's doing it more to convince *himself* of his emotions.

I need to up my calories these days with more sugar so perhaps I should tune into Durek's saccharine sweet spiels that come out of his mouth. Then again, nawwww... I'll eat a few marshmallows instead. :D

Is Durek anxious for publicity? And why is he gushing about jewellery he’s picked out (and presumably paid for) for his girlfriend? That’s strange behaviour that even YouTube influencers don’t usually indulge in!

Is Durek anxious for publicity? And why is he gushing about jewellery he’s picked out (and presumably paid for) for his girlfriend? That’s strange behaviour that even YouTube influencers don’t usually indulge in!

Once again, he could be trying to convince himself if he has low self esteem. People who overemphasize a lot of things sometimes have low self esteem and need to boost it in their mind.

Oh girl, thine eyes are like stars
Where in the world art thou equal

- Sorry, I just wanted to prepare you for the mood, because a-rose-between-his-teeth-Durek has once again declared his love for ML.
https://people.com/royals/princess-martha-louise-norway-50th-birthday-gift-boyfriend-shaman-durek/

"We're star-crossed lovers across the sea, but our love is defined by friendship and devotion," Shaman Durek tells PEOPLE. "It is through our friendship that we have built this ability to handle the distance between our hearts."

"I wanted to get her a beautiful piece of jewelry that represents friendship and love — that's the garnet stone," he continues. "The precious diamonds represent the love of the stars that I look upon in the sky knowing that I count the days on when we will be back together."

- And with the sweet sound of violins still ringing in our ears, let's marvel at the two-finger gold-ring with granate stones (or whatever they are called in English) with a matching gold-bracelet with diamonds, by Paige Novick.

Thanks for the "heads up", Muhler.?

It does seem their Instagram pages @shamandurek and @iam_marthalouise have fewer "goo gooing" posts to each other than there used to be. What a couple non couple!:wacko:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom