Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Norway, it’s very, very, extremely controversial. I should be with a CEO or a lord or someone of a high rank of some sort. To be with a shaman, that’s very, extremely, terribly out of the box. It’s crazy.”
Funny that Märtha Louise says that she's had pressure to be involved with the "right" kind of man when her parents accepted both a controversial writer and a single mother into the family and have always been very affectionate towards them both in public and, according to at least Ari, also in private.

Last edited:
I get the feeling that Harald and Sonja (especially Harald. Maybe a bit less Sonja) have high tolerance for many things. I also get the feeling that like all savvy royalty, their BS detector is set quite low. And someone who slithers trips it.

Well, Verrett is true to who he is. A liar, fantasist, conman, and likely more. (Does 23andMe even identify obscure people as genetic links?)
At least it's entertaining to think of what Sonja said.

ML, I don't know why you can't see that they wouldn't care if you went with the dogcatcher, as long as he was a good person... :ermm: Same thing applies to America, believe it or not.

It is indeed entertaining to think of what Sonja said ?

Exactly, there might be this Goop/ celebrity/ high-powered people who are into shamanism set, and those people might adore Durek, but that doesn't mean that all of America thinks that the stories and theories he circulates are normal and true. :whistling:

I agree, they only want what's best for her and dare I say, in any of the other royal families Märtha would have run into a lot more problems. :whistling:

If she was an underage girl you would think he was a loverboy just gushing over her until she's completely torn away from her family and emotionally depended on him, so he can control her and make her do what he wants her to do.

I think that's still what he is doing, to a certain extent. She might not be underage, but seems to be living in a fantasy world - if you read the paragraph about Harry Potter and Durek's marvelous family who is able to perform magic :ohmy:
And clearly, she is already very dependent on him. She also told the journalist that the time spent without Durek during the pandemic was the darkest time of her life.
And the part about picking her daughters up from school when she realized border closings were imminent and flying them to LA without even a suitcase; I'm sorry but her behavior sounds erratic and irresponsible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny that Märtha Louise says that she's had pressure to be involved with the "right" kind of man when her parents accepted both a controversial writer and a single mother into the family and have always been very affectionate towards them both in public and, according to at least Ari, also in private.

The "right kind of man" no doubt being sane, normal, trustworthy, sensible and discreet perhaps?
Not unreasonable expectations from parents I'd say.

The author of the Vanity Fair article is completely uncritical and gushing about Durek and all his strange stories :whistling:

But it's very insightful, Märtha and the shaman have certainly provided a lot of personal information for this article. (..)

Okay, the cynic within me may be able to see the logic and Durek "protecting himself" against a lawsuits should he engage in sexual activity with a client because "the mood is right." - But a true professional would never ever let it evolve to that stage. I don't think that would stand in court.

The other thing with his family seems almost routine. You lure the victim into a circle of what shall one call them? Predators? Cult-members? Let the victim feel at ease and letting the guard down. - It's pretty much the way a cult or a team of conmen (or pickpockets for that matter) work. They distract, confuse and prevent the victim from having time to assess the situation and think.

Just think, this could be the first royal wedding none of us are interested in watching...:glare:

It's actually a wedding I would watch. It's so bizarre, I wouldn't miss it.

I think it's ridiculous for Märtha to imply that her mother, who suffered for years because she was non-aristocratic and therefore not allowed to marry Märtha's father, would expect Märtha to date a lord :ermm:

And yes, they have always been very accepting, which of course also has a lot to do with their own history as well. If they are not quite as accepting of the shaman, perhaps Märtha might want to consider why that is.

It's completely unsurprising that Vanity Fair would do a fluff piece, especially as they were also doing an exclusive interview and pictures. I wouldn't be surprise if this is a prelude to an engagement announcement/interview either. And yes, many in VF's target readership is in to paying a lot of money for quackery.

He's a con man who has more in common with GOOP's brand of expensive and useless to actually extremely damaging to your long term health "treatments" than any of the authentic forms of shamanism practiced in many different cultures all over the world, which the piece even pointed out.

For M-L she's probably not wrong that many *expected* her to go with a more traditional choice of partner when she was younger but after Ari I don't think anyone thought she was going to date a conventional CEO type and her parents do seem to have welcomed two unusual partners for their children for royal circles. But there's a difference between that and starting up a "Princess and the Shaman" stage show charging a lot money for playing on people's loss and fears. Not to mention using your title to make money whilst making it clear you hate everything about royal life.

Last edited:
I think it's a bit of elementary psychology. Verrett is beloved by ML and therefore a good person in her eyes. So because he cannot be anything other than a good person to her, she comes up with other excuses for him not being accepted. Classism by her parents. He ventures racism in Norway. Blah, blah, blah.

We've discussed which side the con is on in this relationship and whether it's a mutual game, how responsible ML is for her own actions and whether viewing her as vulnerable is right or wrong.

At the end of the day... I still worry about her. And not the slightest bit about Verrett.

There is just so much about this "shaman" that raises red flags for me that I wouldn't know where to start to point them all out. This part especially stands out for me. ""You expressly consent to any and all treatments, methods, and techniques necessary that Shaman Durek may perform in your session as determined by him. This includes but is not limited to physical touching, energy healing, releasing of toxins…, energetic entry or physical touching of my genitals or electric shock treatment in the spine."

This, essentially, to me is handing control of oneself over to this man to do as he pleases in the guise of "healing". As someone that has studied for years under various mentors and "wiser ones", the first rule is always "do as you will but harm none". This also applies to those in the medical profession to "do no harm" Signing this contract to have these "practices" done to oneself is *not* beneficial or even a learning experience for someone as they've relinquished their "control" and "free will" over to someone else. With these kind of practices too, people are bamboozled into psychologically thinking they're "healed" or have "ascended" or are "enlightened" where as all that's really happened is their wallets have been "lightened".

The first lesson to be taught to anyone seeking their own truth is to learn how to think for oneself and be skeptical. No one has "the truth" and "the answers" out there as we find our own truths and our own answers when we seek the wisdom to understand the answers to our questions.

Sorry to be long winded but charlatans like Durek Verrett are people that prey on other human beings rather than wanting to genuinely serve humanity seeking spiritual growth and they're a dime a dozen. One teacher I admire stated this lesson beautifully and that is "physician heal thyself".

The "right kind of man" no doubt being sane, normal, trustworthy, sensible and discreet perhaps?
Not unreasonable expectations from parents I'd say.
No, not at all but given that Märta Louise specified her expected partner as a "CEO or a lord or someone of a high rank of some sort" I'd say that she's conveniently forgotten about what kind of lives her ex-husband and her sister-in-law lived before they were welcomed into the Royal family. She's not saying it out right but she's really throwing her parents under the bus here by refusing to accept any doubts they've obviously had about Durek. Wouldn't any sane parent be a bit hesitant at first when meeting their child's new partner?

No, not at all but given that Märta Louise specified her expected partner as a "CEO or a lord or someone of a high rank of some sort" I'd say that she's conveniently forgotten about what kind of lives her ex-husband and her sister-in-law lived before they were welcomed into the Royal family. She's not saying it out right but she's really throwing her parents under the bus here by refusing to accept any doubts they've obviously had about Durek. Wouldn't any sane parent be a bit hesitant at first when meeting their child's new partner?

There's the old saying that fits this so well. "Love is blind but the neighbors (parents) ain't." :D

They sure would! Guidebook for Parents page 7 says: Assume the worst about your daughter's new boyfriend. ;)

She is also stating: Look! See how much I live outside the now very famous box, she appears to have been confined to all her royal life. Marvel at how unconventional I am.
Whether that statement is mainly for the benefit of her own self-image or for the readers is open for discussion.
Again it's a about me, myself and I.

OT, but it slightly begs the question of why she never got professional training and decided to live as a therapist or a teacher or one of the other "ordinary people" she so longed to be.

I agree Real Countess. I am actually revolted. I hope she wakes up. I just cannot see her parents approving of the union. Of course she can marry without their okay, but what would she lose because of a marriage with him. I would keep him away from my kids too! Discussed!

OT, but it slightly begs the question of why she never got professional training and decided to live as a therapist or a teacher or one of the other "ordinary people" she so longed to be.

Well that's just it, isn't it? Like some other royals, she is perhaps a bit spoilt and dreams of a "lovely normal life with endless freedom and no criticism ever." But she would also like to keep the advantages that her title and the Royal Family's money provide her with, thank you very much. :whistling:

Well that's just it, isn't it? Like some other royals, she is perhaps a bit spoilt and dreams of a "lovely normal life with endless freedom and no criticism ever." But she would also like to keep the advantages that her title and the Royal Family's money provide her with, thank you very much. :whistling:

ML wants to have her cake and eat it too. Reminds me of when Princess Madeleine of Sweden wanted her children to lead private lives but still wanted to keep their princely titles.

While the Vanity Fair article provided a continuation of fabricated and cringeworthy details into the lovebird's saga, Märtha Louise's Instagram not only informs us the article was done over a years time period but that she is a different person now.

Märtha Louise: "The main and first interview was done pre COVID-19, pre physical distancing, pre our loooong 6 months apart, pre my anti-racism awakening(I am always learning and continuing to grow into that role); and the world was a totally different place. And so were we. Some times it takes these moments to acknowledge the growth and steps taken. We have evolved. There are things I say in this article that I would never say today. Things that make me cringe from the perspective I see the world anno November 2020."

In reference to the VF article MF discussed the racism in Norway and how that kept Durek from moving there. "Before I met him", Märtha says, "I never thought that there was racism in Norway, because we’re all an open, happy family. But basically, there are not that many people of color in Norway, so it was all a surprise to me."

The VF article goes on to say, "The vitriol kept Durek from considering a move to Norway, which would have been a solution to the long distances and time apart. Her three daughters, several homes, and official duties were there. But they couldn’t live in a country where he couldn’t walk down the street without facing some sort of scorn. It was a constant pain and something they mostly discussed in private, until George Floyd was killed earlier this year."

Märtha Louise's Instagram: "Being @shamandurek ’s girlfriend has given me a crash course in how white supremacy is at play and the way I have consciously and subconsciously thought of and acted towards Black people. How I have taken my rights for granted—never looked properly at what racism really is, because it has been comfortable for me that the system is in place." Durek replies, “I just feel really proud of my woman."

So, with ML's enlightenment the lovebirds are now together in Norway. The only thing left is to tie the knot. Apparently the King and Queen gave their consent last Christmas before Ari's suicide, and he has already shown ML the ring.

Except, they haven't spent alot of time together. It has mostly been holidays and vacations, etc, broken up by long stretches apart in their respective countries. And, Durek is a serial liar and con man. Given the intensity of their professed love for one another it's concerning to think what's ahead if suddenly the bubble bursts and it's not so dreamy. Neither one seem that adept at handling any sustained conflict. Oh well, they seem happy for now.
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/11/the-princess-and-the-shaman

My opinion as I am just like the bitter old aunt Ragnhild:
1: No more title
2: Move to the United states and stay away just like the Sussex' couple

Märtha Louise has always been the spoiled upper class girl, bored and don't know what she want in her life. She could have been a working royal, but she decided not to. Now she had to sell the King Olav Cabin, because you just can't live with luxury when you don't have a decent income. If they wed, I hope it will be private and that we will never see them in any occasion conserning the norwegian monarchy.

While the Vanity Fair article provided a continuation of fabricated and cringeworthy details into the lovebird's saga, Märtha Louise's Instagram not only informs us the article was done over a years time period and that she is a different person now.

Märtha Louise: "The main and first interview was done pre COVID-19, pre physical distancing, pre our loooong 6 months apart, pre my anti-racism awakening(I am always learning and continuing to grow into that role); and the world was a totally different place. And so were we. Some times it takes these moments to acknowledge the growth and steps taken. We have evolved. There are things I say in this article that I would never say today. Things that make me cringe from the perspective I see the world anno November 2020."

In reference to the VF article MF discussed the racism in Norway and how that kept Durek from moving there. "Before I met him", Märtha says, "I never thought that there was racism in Norway, because we’re all an open, happy family. But basically, there are not that many people of color in Norway, so it was all a surprise to me."

The VF article goes on to say, "The vitriol kept Durek from considering a move to Norway, which would have been a solution to the long distances and time apart. Her three daughters, several homes, and official duties were there. But they couldn’t live in a country where he couldn’t walk down the street without facing some sort of scorn. It was a constant pain and something they mostly discussed in private, until George Floyd was killed earlier this year."

Märtha Louise's Instagram: "Being @shamandurek ’s girlfriend has given me a crash course in how white supremacy is at play and the way I have consciously and subconsciously thought of and acted towards Black people. How I have taken my rights for granted—never looked properly at what racism really is, because it has been comfortable for me that the system is in place." Durek replies, “I just feel really proud of my woman."

(...)
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/11/the-princess-and-the-shaman

I swear few weeks ago I've heard/read something similar somewhere ....

Oh well, I sure hope Maximilian (of Liechtenstein) would not follow suit.

Really what is this anti racism education. George Floyd died in the US... does she think that there's anywhere in the world that's free of racism?

My recent impression is that Märtha Louise is really just rebelling against just about everything in the world. Whether it are her roots or what she has experienced in her marriage. Or both.
She used to have a really warm charisma, but now? It comes off like "us against the rest of the world". She has not improved over the years.

She seems so in thrall to him that I think he could persuade her to do anything. I truly hope he won't start to turn his attentions to her daughters further down the line. I wouldn't be surprised if the King and Queen also worry about that.

the Impression I've had is that she was always silly, and hte RF had to bench her because they had to ensure that she didnt use her royal status ot make money....and now she's maddeningly stupid and trying to get on a bandwagon about racism...
I dont know much about Norway but I'm sure the locals have more to worry about than her walking around on Durek's arm. Im sure that the Norwegians just regard her as a former royal who used to work for the firm and now doesn't and dont really care much what she does.

Honestly my biggest concern is for her daughters. She is the only parent they have left now, and they’re still young enough to be somewhat impressionable. My hope is that the Shaman isn’t trying to exert his influence on them too- he’s obviously enraptured their mother.

Honestly my biggest concern is for her daughters. She is the only parent they have left now, and they’re still young enough to be somewhat impressionable. My hope is that the Shaman isn’t trying to exert his influence on them too- he’s obviously enraptured their mother.

Maud seems a lot more mature than her mother to be honest, and she's almost 18, so I rather think the shaman would not have too much of a chance there. Though it can also take a toll on a teenager to have to be too responsible and mature too early because the parent isn't.
The other two are younger and will still keep living with Märtha and the shaman for several years, I imagine. I also hope that he won't manage to influence them and that all of this isn't too hard on them. They are already having a difficult time, having lost their father. This is a tricky situation, I really wish ML would pull herself together - for her daughters if nothing else.

Maud seems a lot more mature than her mother to be honest, and she's almost 18, so I rather think the shaman would not have too much of a chance there. Though it can also take a toll on a teenager to have to be too responsible and mature too early because the parent isn't.
The other two are younger and will still keep living with Märtha and the shaman for several years, I imagine. I also hope that he won't manage to influence them and that all of this isn't too hard on them. They are already having a difficult time, having lost their father. This is a tricky situation, I really wish ML would pull herself together - for her daughters if nothing else.

I think that she believes that she is doing just that....:ermm:
I don't think she sees anything wrong with what she is doing.

While the Vanity Fair article provided a continuation of fabricated and cringeworthy details into the lovebird's saga, Märtha Louise's Instagram not only informs us the article was done over a years time period and that she is a different person now.

I wonder what the things are that ML said that she doesn't stand by any more. Probably the one on her mother's reaction to her new boyfriend? What else has changed? The article seems to already address several things about 'how the world has changed'.

N.B. I guess the article is rather popular as it has been linked or extensively quoted at least 4 times by now :whistling:

Last edited:
It must be very convenient to always be evolving so fast that you can disclaim whatever you proclaimed months ago, ML. Is that an enlightenment trick from the boyfriend?

If you're going to be embarrassed about what you said, perhaps you should stop saying things. Just a thought.

I wonder what the things are that ML said that she doesn't stand by any more. Probably the one on her mother's reaction to her new boyfriend? What else has changed? The article seems to already address several things about 'how the world has changed'.

N.B. I guess the article is rather popular as it has been linked or extensively quoted at least 4 times by now :whistling:

I don't know what she's referring to because she says the article was before her "anti racism awakening" but it goes into detail about Martha's feelings about racism and Norway (although I guess it's theoretically good she's "continuing to grow") and it seems to have been conducted by phone during the pandemic as late as September and they met in person post Ari's suicide and their holidays together after that in February-March because Durek lets us know he was going to propose there before Ari's death.

I think she may have got some erm.. push back from various places and she's trying to brush it away with "before the world changed" because that sounds like a great excuse for saying something that comes across especially silly, even though it was a couple of months ago in reality.

This just sounds bizarre:

“Being at Durek’s house with his family is a bit like going into the world of Harry Potter,” she says. “There’s a wand coming out and they’re doing spells on each other. Everyone is laughing hysterically and it’s so much fun for me, because I’d put a lid on all of the things I thought as a child because everyone had told me it wasn’t possible, and after a while, I believed them. Suddenly, I’m with a man I love and with his family, who know that magic exists.”

Really? I know people who practice witchcraft and that's not at all what it's like. She's like a kid there. I also notice that he claims to have studied every spiritual practice everywhere from Shamanism with the Lakota, to Haiti to Nigeria to Kabbalah in Israel to Christianity, to Christian Mysticism, to Sufism in Turkey etc. Is there no end to his knowledge and all he does with it is charge fortunes to "energy heal" rich people? :rolleyes:

Also ML had an "angel school" for a while. Whilst she may have raised eyebrows with her esoteric interests she wasn't prevented from meeting like minded people from all over the world before and Ari most definitely wasn't a conformist.

Last edited:
She is literally a beautiful princess with a gorgeous life, with not only an enormous capability to do good in the world but basically the choice to do whatever the hell she wanted, and she says she couldn't believe magic is real before this guy?

(Sigh...)

Back
Top Bottom