Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We'll never really know, most likely, because we really don't know either Martha Louise or Durek Varrett and our chances are quite slim of meeting them unless.... you were to pay out the green dollars and go to one of their seminars.

They may be a genuinely happy couple and then again it may be a flash in the pan. We'll just have to see what develops and reported to the general public.

Congratulations to Märtha Louise on her birthday from her Shaman
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2t5rUmgk44/

it says: Happy Birthday to my baby @princessmarthalouise @iam_marthalouise who is my goddess, my teacher and my best friend. Such a loving reflection of divine grace and beauty. Your heart is a blessing to behold, as are the words and wisdom you carry. I'm a better man for it. As are so many people who get to be in your presence. We all have been blessed by God on the day you were born. Thank you to your mother Queen Sonja and your father King Harald for bringing you into this world. I'm grateful everyday for you my dear sweet love. Forever yours SD

The name dropping continues....

And a bit over the top, eh?

A cultural thing perhaps? In a Scandinavian context such a declaration of love would usually have the opposite effect. It comes across as very theatrical and insincere.

Last edited:
And a bit over the top, eh?

A cultural thing perhaps? In a Scandinavian context such a declaration of love would usually have the opposite effect. It comes across as very theatrical and insincere.
This Scandinavian is rolling his eyes so hard that he's got a headache

it says: Happy Birthday to my baby @princessmarthalouise @iam_marthalouise who is my goddess, my teacher and my best friend. Such a loving reflection of divine grace and beauty. Your heart is a blessing to behold, as are the words and wisdom you carry. I'm a better man for it. As are so many people who get to be in your presence. We all have been blessed by God on the day you were born. Thank you to your mother Queen Sonja and your father King Harald for bringing you into this world. I'm grateful everyday for you my dear sweet love. Forever yours SD

The name dropping continues....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I'm sorry folks. I am the sappiest romantic that ever sapped. But this ...just makes me laugh and cringe in tandem!:rolleyes:

Ick. Or do I mean "urk"?

I am trying hard to think of a culture where this kind of fulsome, over the top, gushing public avowal would be the norm, and I'm drawing a blank. I don't think we can blame this on a cultural difference. It's just....him.

Ick. Or do I mean "urk"?

I am trying hard to think of a culture where this kind of fulsome, over the top, gushing public avowal would be the norm, and I'm drawing a blank. I don't think we can blame this on a cultural difference. It's just....him.
Erm...it is actually a very American thing to do.
It's a bit too saccharine for my taste though .

That's what I thought and find interesting.

In what parts of American or what segments of America are these more flowery declarations of love most common? (Not on this level perhaps, but flowery.)
I ask from a genuine interest in other cultures.

Like I mentioned. In Scandinavian culture, such flowery declarations of love is said in jest - in the hope of making the girl laugh and eventually score her... ;)
Or as a part of playing between couples - with pretty much the same overall goal as in the example above... :D
Or in connection with romantic events, like wedding speeches.
But apart from that sugary declarations of love are pretty rare among Scandinavians.
And a stranger or a new acquaintance/partner using that will usually have a negative result. I.e. he/she is coming across as insincere. Even very insincere.
On the other hand a Scandinavian will likely be considered very unromantic. With considerable justification, I might add!

On of my favorite and true stories about a proposal took place quite a few years ago. The man (he wasn't the most talkative in the world) and his girlfriend went for a walk along the beach. She was talking away as usual, when he suddenly said: "Oh well, we might just as well get married." And walked on. His girlfriend just stood there, with her jaw between her knees. :eek:
And that was that proposal. - They ended up being married for life and I doubt he has told his wife that he loves her more than three or four times in their entire marriage.

Last edited:
I completely disagree that this is a very American thing to do, in the public sense. Tender avowals of love, yes; this kind of showy, over the top thing? Not that I can remember. I'd love to know where this is considered commonplace.

On of my favorite and true stories about a proposal took place quite a few years ago. The man (he wasn't the most talkative in the world) and his girlfriend went for a walk along the beach. She was talking away as usual, when he suddenly said: "Oh well, we might just as well get married." And walked on. His girlfriend just stood there, with her jaw between her knees. :eek:
And that was that proposal. - They ended up being married for life and I doubt he has told his wife that he loves her more than three or four times in their entire marriage.

For some reason I am thinking this is autobiografical or at least someone within you family.

For some reason I am thinking this is autobiografical or at least someone within you family.

It isn't in fact. But from my part of DK.
My own attempt at a romantic proposal ended up with Mrs. Muhler giggling. ?:ermm:

Had I wooed her like the good Shaman does Märtha-Louise, she would surely have dumped me. Fast! :lol:
That doesn't mean we Scandinavians can't be romantic though:
Ligesom solen, vil jeg gerne,
give dig kys på hår og mund,
Du mit lys, min smukke stjerne,
jeg er din fra denne stund.

Alas, I don't know how to translate that one properly. :flowers::in_love:
But it works...

I completely disagree that this is a very American thing to do, in the public sense. Tender avowals of love, yes; this kind of showy, over the top thing? Not that I can remember. I'd love to know where this is considered commonplace.

This is indeed extremely over the top; but to Europeans Americans can be quite 'expressive' in their enthusiasm. When my now sister-in-law visited us in the States she was very surprised by the in her eyes extreme happiness that some of my American friends espoused upon meeting her. So, yes, I would agree it's at least partial an American thing - but the Shaman might be taking it to the next level.

Us Brits are famed around the world for being reserved and private; so to us this would be a rather "American" way of declaring one's love to their partner. Generally we've often found our cousins across the pond to be a lot more extroverted and open than us.
The name dropping, however, is the Shaman's personal technique! :ermm:

That's what I thought and find interesting.

In what parts of American or what segments of America are these more flowery declarations of love most common? (Not on this level perhaps, but flowery.)
I ask from a genuine interest in other cultures.

I know it is not typical of all Americans. I do know some who are very public with their over the top declarations of love, etc to/about their significant other. Most of those people seem to be trying to prove something about their relationship to the world.

It isn't in fact. But from my part of DK.
My own attempt at a romantic proposal ended up with Mrs. Muhler giggling. ?:ermm:

Had I wooed her like the good Shaman does Märtha-Louise, she would surely have dumped me. Fast! [emoji38]
That doesn't mean we Scandinavians can't be romantic though:
Ligesom solen, vil jeg gerne,
give dig kys på hår og mund,
Du mit lys, min smukke stjerne,
jeg er din fra denne stund.

Alas, I don't know how to translate that one properly. :flowers::in_love:
But it works...

Hmmm. A challenge.
Without google translate:

.... .... , want you much
Give you kisses on hair and mouth
You with ......, my pretty star
.... ..... you forever.

How far off am I? [emoji38][emoji38]

Hmmm. A challenge.
Without google translate:

.... .... , want you much
Give you kisses on hair and mouth
You with ......, my pretty star
.... ..... you forever.

How far off am I? [emoji38][emoji38]

Not bad. ?
Did a Google translate, this one came out surprisingly accurate!
Like the sun, I'd like to
give you kisses on hair and mouth,
You my light, my beautiful star,
I'm yours from this moment on.

- And no, that's not what I tried to say when I proposed myself. On another occasion, yes.
----------

I know it is not typical of all Americans. I do know some who are very public with their over the top declarations of love, etc to/about their significant other. Most of those people seem to be trying to prove something about their relationship to the world.

Indeed.

It's aimed at the audience rather than the recipients - and what are declarations of love worth if they not aimed 100 % at the one you love?

Last edited:
IMO this is a very C-List celebrity thing to do, like WAGs showing off what handbag their footballer fiancee bought them, it's about ATTENTION, me myself & I.

The way the Shaman oozed sentiment in a very public place for all to see tells me that its not Martha Louise he's expressing his love and feelings for but more or less announcing to everyone that reads it "look at me. look how I feel and look who I love". His motives may have been pure and he *is* over the moon in love but terms of endearment kind of lose their sparkle when they're spread out to the public rather than kept in private. Then again, there is the surprise factor that really can hit home sometimes.

Reminds me of the woman that found out her husband was cheating on her and had a girlfriend. What'd she do? She rented space on a huge billboard in town and put up this kind of text. "George (made up name), I know all about your girlfriend and your cheating ways and I hope the two of you will be happy. I have cleaned out the joint bank account to pay for this billboard and changed the locks on the door". Your soon to be ex-wife." ?

Of course this billboard was put up in an area of town where "George" would be sure to see it. Along with everyone else. ;)

It is over the top and showy but it is very much an American thing to do especially for special occasions.

I think Durek probably feels like he is just not good enough for Martha Louise or perhaps he feels that people are skeptical of their love so he must go above and beyond to prove. Hence the grandios expressions of love.
I only hope that he is genuine and the Princess feels Durek's love.

I think Durek probably feels like he is just not good enough for Martha Louise or perhaps he feels that people are skeptical of their love so he must go above and beyond to prove. Hence the grandios expressions of love.
I only hope that he is genuine and the Princess feels Durek's love.

That's a kind way of looking at it. I'm wary about giving him any benefit of the doubt because he reminds me of too many conmen types, which might be highly unfair to him and I've never met him.

He may well feel those things towards her, I hope for her sake he actually does, but there's no doubt the sentiment was for the audience, not his girlfriend. His motives for doing so are known only to him I guess. I do think he is enjoying the attention and opportunities this relationship is bringing.

The shaman posted some videos on Instagram Stories. It seems they are in Ireland, making offerings to the fairies .... I could see 2 of PML's children as well. He couldn't help but addressing Emma directly to show his closeness to the family... poor girl nearly fell over ... And, of course, the obligatory "I love you, babe" in the most creepy voice to PML.

I think it is not unusual for some American celebrities to engage in this kind of thing. Other celebrities, no matter how famous, would avoid this at all cost because they know how to maintain their privacy.

This gentleman is hungry for attention and fame.

The shaman posted some videos on Instagram Stories. It seems they are in Ireland, making offerings to the fairies .... I could see 2 of PML's children as well. He couldn't help but addressing Emma directly to show his closeness to the family... poor girl nearly fell over ... And, of course, the obligatory "I love you, babe" in the most creepy voice to PML.

I hope that the children have gone willingly on these trips and that they're not being forced into the Shaman's world. This remark seems a bit of a stretch, but I wouldn't put it past the Shaman to consciously or sub-consciously force ML's daughters to join in with their business in the future if their relationship continues. I just can't trust him as my gut says he doesn't give off good vibes... the fact that the girls were never involved in ML's angel school or other projects (AFAIK) but are suddenly making fairy offerings with the Shaman and ML seems rather suspicious to me.

Back
Top Bottom