Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And the shaman needs to learn how to behave in royal circles. Taking her hand and kissing it was not appropriate during their interview on God Morgen Norge.

I don't know if he was personnaly invited at Princess Alexandra of B.'s Wedding ?

yes, every family has a selfproclaimed missfit ...

My sister also claims herself to be high sensitiv - ; i never found her so, when she insults me or sees to her profits.

These people only see their own sensitivity - but what about the people around them? But oh, they feel only their feelings are to be specialy regarded, as the others are sooo much more robust then pooor themselves.

I have seen it all, thank you very much!

Okay, let us see what ML said last evening during their seance.
https://www.nettavisen.no/livsstil/...-og-var-knallhard-mot-pressen/3423687445.html

After addressing the press directly (see above) she talked about herself.
Hvis vi alltid er i samme mønster som vi alltid har vært i, så vil ting aldri endre seg. Vi kan ikke tro på samme system og tro at endring vil skje i verden. Det er vi som produserer hva Norge og verden er
– Vårt samfunn er laget av mange bokser, vi prøver å putte andre i bokser og er i bokser selv. Jeg ble født utenfor den normale boksen, men har alltid ønsket å være i den normale boksen

"If we always remain in the same pattern where we have always been, things will never change. We cannot believe in the same system and believe that change will take place in the world.
Our society is made from many boxes, we try an put other in boxes and (we) are in boxes ourselves. I was born outside the normal box, but (I) have always wished to be in the normal box."

Jeg startet å lytte til den jeg var. Når du tar inn mye fra andre mennesker, så begynner du å høre på mange mennesker der ute, fordi du tenker det som er inne i deg ikke er riktig og man tror at de forstår hvordan man skal leve livet, og det var det jeg begynte å gjøre. Det var da jeg begynte å miste meg og den jeg var.

"I started to listen to who I was. When you take in a lot from other people, then you start to listen to a lot of people out there, because you think that what is inside you is not real and you think they understand how you should live life and that's what I began to do. That's when I began to lose myself and the one I was."

Selv om folk mente jeg var lykkelig, var jeg ikke meg selv og da ble livet tomt. Men da jeg begynte å følge hjertet mitt, og min indre navigasjon, så begynte livet å endre seg.

"Even tough people believed I was happy, I was not myself and then life became empty. But when I started to follow my heart and my inner navigation, then life began to change."

Jeg forsto ikke hva som hadde skjedd, men jeg hadde nettopp lyttet til at den var. Det som endret livet mitt var å lytte til meg, og selvkjærlighet, og gjennom det klarte jeg å være der for så mange andre. Jeg er så glad for å være her med dere i dag og vi skal ha en fantastisk tid sammen, med denne fantastiske mannen ved min side

"I didn't understand what had happened but I had just listened to that is was. (The last bit does not quite make sense to me, perhaps a typo in the paper?)
What had changed my life was to listen to me and my love to myself and through that I managed to be there for so many others. I'm so happy to be here with you today and we are going to have a fantastic time together, with this fantastic man by my side."

Durek:
Dere har en fantastisk prinsesse, svarer sjaman Durek.

– Når vi er alene snakker vi alltid om hvor mye mer kjærlighet, lykke og glede vi kan gi tilbake til folk. Når vi snakker om ting kan klokken bli 4-5 om morgenen. Alt vi egentlig kan gjøre er å dele av oss selv,

"You have a fantastic princess.
When we are alone, we always talk about how much more love, happiness and joy we can give back to people. When we talk about things it can go on to 4-5 in the morning. All we really can do is to share ourselves."

Du trenger ikke være nødt til å fortsette å føle deg ille. Hver dag burde du våkne opp om morgenen og feire deg selv, fortelle hvor smart og intelligent du er og hvor flotte barn du har. Hvor mye du elsker denne verden,

"You need not continue to feel small/insignificant. Each day you ought to wake up in the morning and celebrate yourself, tell how smart and intelligent you are and how handsome children you have. How much you love this world."

The conferencier of the evening, so to speak, was dialogue-priest (whatever such an entity is?) Silje Trym Mathiassen, who started the whole thing by saying:
Jeg vil gi honnør til den styrken de fremviser ved å fortelle om egen tro og egne erfaringer.

– Prinsessen har mot til å sette kjærligheten i sentrum og det har vi alle noe å lære av av henne

"I will salute the strength they display by telling about (their) own faith and own experiences.
The Princess has the courage to put love in the center and in that we can all learn from her."

The show was changed from what originally intended, informed the D-priest the audience:
Det druknet av et hav av kritikk. Jeg har kjempet for å få til denne dialogen, fordi jeg mener spørsmålene, svarene og den motvekt kirken kan representerer vil være viktig i vårt møte. Religionsdialog handler ikke om å vende ryggen til det vi er uenig i, men å skape trygge uenighetsrom

"It drowned in a sea of criticism. I have struggled for having this dialogue, because I believe the questions, the answers and the counterweight the church can represent will be important in our meeting. Religion-dialogue is not about turning the back to what we disagree about, but to create a safe room for disagreeing."
(This was originally intended to take place in Stavanger Cathedral, as you recall.)

The priest ended by stating that ML had been subjected to a collective campaign of bullying.

- Interesting, eh?
I sure have an opinion about what ML said, but it's much more interesting to learn what you have to say.

They have interviewed Haakon at his event today
https://www.nrk.no/trondelag/kronpr...m-titulering-og-naeringsvirksomhet-1.14559228
Crown Prince Haakon stated on Tuesday for the first time about his sister's business activity.

"- It is so that we follow what is said and written. What we want is to have a dialogue with my sister, especially about what goes on titling and business activity, he says to NRK.
- The Royal Family has a good cooperation with the media. The press does an important job in Norwegian society, says the Crown Prince."

its google translate so sorry for any mistakes

:previous: Aha!

To me this sounds like: We would really like to talk sense with my sister about her use of her title, in order to find an acceptable solution, (before we may be pressured into something drastic) but so far no luck.

It also sounds to me like: The ongoing feud between the Norwegian press and my sister has got nothing to do with the rest of the NRF! We wish to maintain an amiable relationship with the press.

:previous:
yep, and it definitely does *not* sound like "no comment"

Princess Märtha Louise & her new love Durek Verrett: News & Information

I think Haakon is trying to deal with these circumstances as best he can and his diplomatic skills are being hotly tested . I am reminded of the fragile position that crown prince Felipe of Spain found himself when his sister and brother in law were imbroiled in scandal.

Sounds like the key members of the royal family want ML to give up her title if she wants to continue in this business.

I wonder if Haakon would take a harder line than his father? Its harder IMO for parents to be harder on their children than siblings can be.

It certainly doesn't sound like a full defence of his sister as I was possibly expecting him to. He seems to be acknowledging that there is an issue and it need resolving

I wonder if Haakon would take a harder line than his father? Its harder IMO for parents to be harder on their children than siblings can be.

It certainly doesn't sound like a full defence of his sister as I was possibly expecting him to. He seems to be acknowledging that there is an issue and it need resolving

It is true. From the statements it seems Haakon does not want to talk much about Martha Louise's new boyfriend, and he also did not give his opinion on Durek Verrett.
It seems that the Royal Family is dealing with this matter with some care.

Swedish web magazine Stoppa Pressarna quotes Märtha Louise and Shaman's interview Svensk Damtidning (it is behind a paywall).

- Märtha wore a blouse and when I looked into her eyes I just felt "wow". I felt and knew something, but I did not have time to sit down and analyze what it was right then, says Durek to Svensk Damtidning.
It is not possible to miss out on the fact that the couple are newly fallen in love. Just over a week ago, they told the whole world that they were a love couple and since then, nothing is alike.
The attention was enormous when the shaman landed in Oslo, just a few days before the Seventeenth May, Norway's National Day.
- Durek is my twin soul. When I met him, it felt like I had found home. Our souls recognized each other, says Märtha Louise.
Durek met King Harald, 82, and Queen Sonja, 81, and the meeting ended smoothly. The American grew up in a very wealthy environment and he has no problem bringing himself into "finer" circles.
- I grew up in a very wealthy and aristocratic family. My dad David Verrett was an engineer, architect and multi-millionaire, and we had the largest house where we lived outside San Francisco. We had several houses, yachts and nannies, and I was never allowed to wear jeans but had to wear a suit, says Durek who will soon return to Los Angeles.
The couple's relationship continues remotely but they do not in any way rule out that they will one day move together so that they can take care of each other full time.
- I can definitely imagine living with Durek, says Märtha Louise.
- What can you, says Durek, happily surprised.
Märtha Louises samboplan med sin shaman _ Stoppa Pressarna

I'm trying so hard to root for them, and especially for ML, but they don't make it easy .... :) :).

"I grew up in a very wealthy and aristocratic family. My dad David Verrett was an engineer, architect and multi-millionaire, and we had the largest house where we lived outside San Francisco. We had several houses, yachts and nannies" ... of course .... (gasp gasp ...)....

So he grew up in a wealthy family perhaps, but certainly not an aristocratic one.

It sounds like he does not understand the difference.

Sounds like the key members of the royal family want ML to give up her title if she wants to continue in this business.

Aren’t royal titles and styles a prerogative of the King in Norway ? I suppose he can strip ML of her title unilaterally then.

I don’t think he can remove ML from the line of succession though, as her succession rights are guaranteed by the Norwegian constitution. If she insists, however, on marrying her new boyfriend, then there is the possibility of excluding her from the succession. It would suffice for the King not to consent to the marriage, which he can do.

Renunciation of succession rights , or removing them by an act of Parliament rather than a constitutional amendment., are difficult issues. As far as I know, the UK, the Netherlands and Spain have constitutional provisions to do that ( albeit with qualified majorities in the Netherlands and Spain, and subject to consent of other Commonwealth realms in the UK) , but I don’t see it as a possibility in Norway.

Last edited:
Perhaps after they have lived together for 12 months or so they might discover that the first flush of love and feelings has waned considerably to the point where they don't see a future together anymore.
Whatever happens they need a good long while to get to know one another before committing to anything more serious such as marriage.

They have interviewed Haakon at his event today
https://www.nrk.no/trondelag/kronpr...m-titulering-og-naeringsvirksomhet-1.14559228
Crown Prince Haakon stated on Tuesday for the first time about his sister's business activity.

"- It is so that we follow what is said and written. What we want is to have a dialogue with my sister, especially about what goes on titling and business activity, he says to NRK.
- The Royal Family has a good cooperation with the media. The press does an important job in Norwegian society, says the Crown Prince."

its google translate so sorry for any mistakes

:previous: Aha!

To me this sounds like: We would really like to talk sense with my sister about her use of her title, in order to find an acceptable solution, (before we may be pressured into something drastic) but so far no luck.

It also sounds to me like: The ongoing feud between the Norwegian press and my sister has got nothing to do with the rest of the NRF! We wish to maintain an amiable relationship with the press.

Like Muhler, I think pressure to give up the usage of her title for business purposes would be the furthest step they would voluntarily take, as asking her to give up her title completely or removing it without her consent would be too drastic in the context of royal traditions. It would also make a turnaround from the royal family's treatment of the business and title issue in the course of Princess Märtha Louise's career. Perhaps one of the Norwegian speakers can give a definitive opinion on the Crown Prince's comments.

Agreed, it is my impression too that the royal family (minus Princess Märtha Louise herself) is reacting with less defensiveness and listening with more attention to the criticisms, compared to the earlier iterations of this discussion. I wonder what made the difference this time?

I'm trying so hard to root for them, and especially for ML, but they don't make it easy .... :) :).

"I grew up in a very wealthy and aristocratic family. My dad David Verrett was an engineer, architect and multi-millionaire, and we had the largest house where we lived outside San Francisco. We had several houses, yachts and nannies" ... of course .... (gasp gasp ...)....

So he grew up in a wealthy family perhaps, but certainly not an aristocratic one.

It sounds like he does not understand the difference.

The United States does not have its own aristocracy, but it is a possibility that his family belongs to, or at least descends from, another country's aristocracy. Or possibly he was using "aristocratic" as a figurative term for hereditary wealth.

Last edited:
I assume “ what made the difference this time” is ML using her position as a princess to profit from a line of business which many people see as shady and perhaps even bordering on a con. That obviously has a negative impact on the image of the Royal Family of Norway.

I assume “ what made the difference this time” is ML using her position as a princess to profit from a line of business which many people see as shady and perhaps even bordering on a con. That obviously has a negative impact on the image of the Royal Family of Norway.

But the situation you outline has been in place for years, at least since the princess founded her "angel school" in 2007, if not even earlier.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
The news coverage shows no signs of dying down in Norway!

Last evening they has another show in Tromsø, a town, and the local paper must have bought a ticket because a detailed but very scathing description of what happened, because the rest of the press had been asked to leave by ML after the initial introduction and info of what would happen during the evening.
https://www.itromso.no/kultur/2019/05/21/Sjaman-svada-fra-Märtha-og-Durek-19090257.ece
- I think I'll get back to that description later.

Here in here is a pic of ML and Durek leaving Tromsø this morning.
https://www.itromso.no/nyheter/2019/05/22/Her-forlater-prinsessen-og-sjamanen-Tromsø-19090988.ece

The papers have also begun to discuss how and indeed of ML cal drop her title:
https://www.nettavisen.no/økonomi/slik-kan-martha-louise-miste-prinsessetittelen/3423687827.html
That discussion is quite interesting.
Some believe she can't be stripped of her title, because she is, as the daughter of a King, a princess. That fact cannot be changed. She is the daughter of a king for life, and as such a princess for life.
Others disagree, and refer to the Constitution which says that it is up to the monarch to decide what titles those in the Line-of-Succession have. In other words: she can remain the daughter of a King, and remain in the Line-of-Succession but there it nothing to hinder the King from stripping her of the title as Princess.
Alternatively ML can simply stop calling herself Princess and that would be a de facto renunciation of the title.

The papers have also responded to the criticism of ML and Durek.
https://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/kronprinsen-bryter-tausheten-om-sosterens-tittel-kritikk/71102271
It can be boiled down to this:
If a Norwegian Princess dates a shaman and embark on a spiritual tour it is news!
Not least because the pair went out and happily proclaimed their relationship to the public and in talkshows. So the press are in their right to cover them, also if they don't like the coverage.
ML and Durek directly using the princess-title in connection with their show, which they earn an income on, is news as well.
The press being critical is not bullying.
As a public, indeed prominent, figure ML will simply have to accept that.

Last edited:
I'm going to jump into the shallow end of the pool for a minute & mention what an absolutely gorgeous couple they are. No other comment except:

The United States does not have its own aristocracy, but it is a possibility that his family belongs to, or at least descends from, another country's aristocracy. Or possibly he was using "aristocratic" as a figurative term for hereditary wealth.

Perhaps he was an aristocrat in a past life :whistling:

I'm going to jump into the shallow end of the pool for a minute & mention what an absolutely gorgeous couple they are. No other comment except:

Perhaps he was an aristocrat in a past life :whistling:

He has claimed to be a king in a past life, according to an article I read somewhere.
I was under the impression that "American aristocracy" is "old money". I.e. families that have been rich and held prominent positions for at least a couple of generations.

It was a little weird to read Durek's description of his childhood. Childish in fact.
We lived in a big house! The biggest house of them all. In fact we had several (no doubt huge) houses. And yachts, loads of them. - And I will continue: We had doorknobs of gold. That is, only on the yachts. The doorknobs in our houses were diamonds.... ?
Come on! This does sound a bit manic here, eh? And it's in line with other statements made by the good Durek. It's like he is making something impressive up, without for a second considering that someone will say: Hey, that's not how it was!
The Danish word for a person who can't help himself from lying (usually with the intention of getting attention) is "mytoman" - a "mythomaniac" - if there is such a word in English. :ermm:

I found ML's little talk about herself interesting.
To me there is no doubts that the feelings about how she felt outside, out of place and a misfit within her family even, are genuine.
However, the paradox is obvious. She finds her title and her position a hindrance (that she has now partly overcome, according to herself) for her to live the "normal" life she so much desires. But at the same time she will not give up her title, or just stop using her title.
She is using her title and position to talk ad nauseaum about how hard it is for her to have the title and position! - Oh, my head! :argh:
(Something the papers have not failed to point out!)
For a person who claims to be empathic there sure is a lack of empathy in the sense that she appears unable to view things or perhaps comprehend things from the perspective of others.
And when challenged she reacts in an immature manner, by basically sulking.
I don't know if it's a character defect, or mental defect or whatever it is but it will explain the pattern we have seen over the past days.

Let's have a look at what the local Tromsø reporter has to say about the show yesterday.
He is not impressed! Not at all!
https://www.itromso.no/kultur/2019/05/21/Sjaman-svada-fra-Märtha-og-Durek-19090257.ece

The whole thing lasted two hours in which ML and Shaman were to take the audience through some exercises in order to "inspire each other to figure out who you really are."

The journalist won't dismiss such a quest, but he has big problems seeing how the show can benefit anyone, even those who watched it wit an ironic distance.
What annoyed the journalist was lack of substance and lack of content.
ML talked somewhat incoherently about her difficult upbringing and the as a consequence mistrust of other people, and her road to how she puts it, her ending up as a "high-sensitive fountain of light."
In the reporters opinion meaningless but made monotonous when garnished with platitudes like "always follow your heart."

At long last Durek took over and the scene changed totally. He commanded the room like "a TV-preacher."
He talked about this and that end everything and inbetween he talked about being outside the box and checking out ML.
Then Shaman really tested the general knowledge of the audience, as the journalist express it, by asking:
What happens if you don't drink water?
- We die!

What happens if you quit eating?
- We die!

That was followed by some shamanisk, which consisted of tapping wrists and blowing, while Durek tried to get out the true feelings and thought in the open.

Then there was a short intermission before Durek continued with shaminist stamping of the feet, snorting and waving of the arms, before ML took over again.
That was one "long tirade of nonsense and commonalities" about how you should not fit in the "normal box" followed by the importance of loving yourself and that Norwegians are way too reserved/closed.

Here ML lashed out at the press again: "What has happened to me in the Norwegian press, will happen to all who comes out of the box."

The whole thing ended with letting the microphone going round so that some from the audience could share their negative thoughts with the rest of the hall.

The journalist commented on that by writing: "Those chosen were in turn corrected by the lectures. One of the main-points is after all that you should not let your life be controlled by the expectations of others...
That's the job of Durek and Märtha. Get it!"

- :lol: A most entertaining article!
If he is fairly representative of the Norwegian press, it's war!

And it is war!
The Norwegian paper Dagbladet has send reporters to USA to dig out dirt on Durek.
https://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/mr...r-trusler-trakassering-og-svart-magi/71088856
And they have started to have a look at the court records after a tumultuous lawsuit against Durek, and his then boyfriend, who were sued for among other things harassment, threats on his life, and black magic.
I'll spare you the details, but what should have been "a spiritual commune" ended up in a big row!

- I guess we can expect more from USA the next days.

Last edited:

Is Durek Verrett's family aristocratic and wealthy? Where can I read more information about Durek Verrett's family?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fascinating.

I should like to see his kidney-scar...

And keep in mind that he (according to a quote digged up by a newspaper) predicted 9/11 two years before it happened. And predicted a bomb in a cafe in Israel - and thereby saved his friends by convincing them to go somewhere else.
When asked why he didn't warn people at the cafe, he responded that it would mean that he would have arrived at the cafe just as the bomb went of and that would (undeniably...) have been a bad move.

Okay, it's difficult to make predictions, especially about the future, but now I'll make on. Durek is really going to entertain us in the future about what miracles he made with the NRF.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom