The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 01-20-2023, 04:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
https://unos.org/transplant/how-we-match-organs/

While sometimes nationalized health care systems will absorb costs for urgent treatment of people without universal health care, this is both not an emergency and very expensive.

He is not a member of the NRF; they have no reason to cover his health care. (While I imagine King Harald might do so if absolutely necessary for humanitarian reasons and because he loves his daughter, I think it would have to be kept so quiet that not even Verrett would know.)

Thank you Prinsara for the info. "Unos" is working just like "eurotransplant". I wonder if Derek is listed there and waiting for a donor kidney.
Old 01-20-2023, 12:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereditarytitles View Post
That is exactly what I have been thinking. A dear friend of mine had two donor kidneys, each lasted about 10 years. As is known they do not last for the rest of your life. After the loss of the last donor kidney, she had to go back to dialysis. She could hardly travel, felt unwell most of the times . No way she could have worked, she had to retire at the age of 48 and finally died at just 60.
My brother had a transplant about 3 or 4 years ago and said it was possible to arrange dialysis if he wanted to travel. I suppose someone like durek would have the funds to arrange if necessary. But, as you say, my brother just felt ill all the time so it wouldn’t have been much of a holiday.

Generally if people are ill, they get married sooner rather than later. Unless he is expecting some big flashy “princess Di” wedding with whole of Norway cheering them on and wants to hang for it.
Old 01-20-2023, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereditarytitles View Post
Thank you Prinsara for the info. "Unos" is working just like "eurotransplant". I wonder if Derek is listed there and waiting for a donor kidney.
Well,
he surely is listed,whereelse as he is a US citizen and resident,
but as I posted before the average wait in the US for a kidney is 5 years.
There'd be an outrage in Norway if something was " organized" for him beside the official paths.
Due to all the negative media coverage and as this is a very intimate thing
they surely did not mention his illness&consequences before and dialysis etc is being arranged quietly.
But maybe just maybe it's an excuse, time will tell.
Old 01-20-2023, 02:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Durek has given an interview to Bild. Norwegian VG writes about it.
- We discuss different ideas, but I can reveal here: As long as I don't have a new kidney, the wedding plans are on hold, says Verrett to Bild.
On Wednesday afternoon, Verrett also confirmed to VG that the information in the newspaper is correct.
- I don't want to go in front of the altar and think about my health problems. It should be the best day of our lives - with a new kidney.
Durek says that Märtha is a close supporter, and looks after him. He comments also his relationship with the royal couple, that although many do not believe it, his relationship with King Harald and Queen Sonja is very good. They have supported him in the last weeks, months and it really means a lot to him.
Durek Verrett i tysk intervju_ – Bryllupsplanene satt på vent - VG
I'm surprised that the media has not inquired about whether he has an alternative medicine approach to his health problems.
Old 01-20-2023, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeas View Post
Due to all the negative media coverage and as this is a very intimate thing
they surely did not mention his illness&consequences before and dialysis etc is being arranged quietly.
But maybe just maybe it's an excuse, time will tell.
His illness as well as the fact he is a transplant recipient and apparently in need of another has been known for a while. There was a mention of ML wishing to be a donor but being unable to months ago.

I don't know why the Norwegian media or even social media chooses not to publicize things about him, although this is semi-private and concerns personal information.
Old 01-24-2023, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

In a live broadcast on TikTok, Durek Verrett talks about the king, queen and crown prince Haakon - only two months after the royal house came up with an arrangement that he should not.
Durek Verrett bryter nye regler_ – Fortsetter å snakke sammen - VG
Translation
Old 01-24-2023, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

"Four troubled monarchies" (says the anti-monarchist NYT) and ML and Verrett are the reason for Norway's inclusion. https://www-vg-no.translate.goog/ram..._x_tr_pto=wapp
Old 01-25-2023, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Monarchies are institutions made up of humans aka imperfect people. All monarchies have scandals.

As for Durek continuing to talk about the royal family ....jeez he never learns!
Old 01-25-2023, 12:48 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for posting LadyFinn.
Durek says "I had a conversation with MY FATHER IN LAW "....Wow, He is now erroneously referring to King Harold this way.
Sounds very calculating, as just about everything is He does. Such a shady guy.

Charles has Harry - Meghan ......and Harold has Martha Louise -Durek, both seemingly determined to makes both Kings final years " a misery ".
Old 01-25-2023, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Shaman Durek has led a truly unique and remarkable career thus far. Being a 6th generation shaman, his teachings have impacted the masses (..)

Shaman Durek Reveals Electrifying Remix EP To Debut Single _My House_ ft. DJ Sneak, Blakkat & More _ Your EDM
Old 01-26-2023, 02:24 AM
Courtier

Oh my Durek's greatness just keeps on giving. I think I'll save this for later, but can hardly wait
Old 01-26-2023, 04:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Shaman Durek has led a truly unique and remarkable career thus far. Being a 6th generation shaman, his teachings have impacted the masses (..)

Shaman Durek Reveals Electrifying Remix EP To Debut Single _My House_ ft. DJ Sneak, Blakkat & More _ Your EDM
"Listening to these remixes, it’s impossible not to feel like you’re being transported back to the paradise garage"

My words, how gracious of him. We really are not worthy of his greatness