The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 12-22-2022, 11:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
There is a video onTikTok where an angry woman (probably in LA) pours water over ML and tell her and Durek to leave the property and you can hear Durek shouting: " Don' t you know that this is the princess of Norway!"
OMG, why did you made me search for it and instead I found this on Shaman Durek he posted 3 months ago? Now I see him loud and clear. The comments are priceless. I hope he performs the same song to King Harald if the wedding is held at the Royal Palace:

https://www.tiktok.com/@shamandurek/...63751365201195
Old 12-22-2022, 09:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Princess Martha Louise denounced on her social networks that a journalist from 'Dagbladet', a Norwegian newspaper, posed as a client of the shaman Durek, her fiancé, to write an article about him.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmdoXvqL7iQ/
Isn't that what any journalist investigating a story would do?
Old 12-24-2022, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

No that is the exact opposite.

Dagbladet ought to fire this "journalist" if they want to maintain any journalistic integrity.
Old 12-24-2022, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Could someone please post the Dagbladet article so that we may form our own opinions about it?
Old 12-24-2022, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Could someone please post the Dagbladet article so that we may form our own opinions about it?
Dagbladet hasn't published any article, which their journalist got pretenting to be Shaman's client.
But Dagbladet published an article regarding Märtha Louise's accusations.
Editor for Dagbladet Pluss, Bjørn Carlsen, has the following to say about the princess' statements:
- Dagbladet never comments on unpublished material, so we will not comment on the content of these messages, he says.
Prinsesse Märtha Louise raser mot Dagbladet
Translation
Old 01-01-2023, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Märtha Louise has shared a personal New Year's message today:

Quote:
2022 was a challenging year for me in many ways. It was also a year filled with joy, happiness and love.

Life has its challenges. No one can escape them, but it is up to each and everyone of us how to meet those challenges. When we manage to meet everything with the love from our core, we manage to rise above the fear, the disturbance, the anger, grief and everything else. But the times we can’t live from our core, from love, we sink into despair, loneliness, anger, judgement and life’s challenges. I have had my fair share of ups and downs as have everyone I know.

I sincerely hope 2023 expands our deep love for each other. We all need to build a world where all of us can breathe freely, be who we are meant to be, grow and expand into our true selves from love. When we build our lives from our core of love we start respecting ourselves and in turn we respect and love others in a new and more profound way. Without judgment.

Let 2023 be the year we step into love and shower our selves with doing things that make us happy.

Have a great 2023
Happy New Year

** instagram post **
Old 01-01-2023, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, well, I can't wait for Durek's New Year message, I'm sure it will be flowery and entertaining.
Old 01-01-2023, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder what was so challenging for her? She had her engagement announced and publicized. Her daughters did beautifully.

Either she's referring to private emotional matters, or this is about resigning as a public member of the NRF. Or both, or more....
Old 01-01-2023, 04:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Well, well, I can't wait for Durek's New Year message, I'm sure it will be flowery and entertaining.
Durek published yesterday:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm17ynzuMDL
Old 01-01-2023, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
I wonder what was so challenging for her? She had her engagement announced and publicized. Her daughters did beautifully.

Either she's referring to private emotional matters, or this is about resigning as a public member of the NRF. Or both, or more....
Well, we don't know what's going on behind closed doors
Old 01-01-2023, 04:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Durek published yesterday:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm17ynzuMDL
Well... It sure is... How shall I put it? It will be the basis of a lot of entertainment!

He basically declared war on the Norwegian press - and everybody else in Norway who doesn't love him.
That can only go well.

The Norwegian press wont take that lying down, that's for sure!
Old 01-01-2023, 05:13 PM
Gentry

I just have to say I am SO tired of very privileged people complaining about how bad they have it, absolutely bone tired. These two need to grow up. Grifting off of self pity is about as low as you can go.
Old 01-01-2023, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceOMalleysGhost View Post
I just have to say I am SO tired of very privileged people complaining about how bad they have it, absolutely bone tired. These two need to grow up. Grifting off of self pity is about as low as you can go.
I totally agree with you. Well said. Complaining has become fashionable nowadays.
Old 01-03-2023, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Could someone be so kind as to give context to what Mr. Verrett is saying in the Instagram post? This passage in particular:
"It saddens me to see all the people calling me a liar about the amount of racism I have endured in Norway. However, I have reported many of the death threats and the racial hate I have endured.

I also find it bad journalism to falsely portray that my future father-in-law, and the rest of the Royal family, don't stand behind me in the racist claims against me."
Which media report(s) is he alluding to? The King has acknowledged that Durek Verrett has experienced racism, including from Norwegians, but the King has also publicly disagreed with Durek's assertion that most or all Norwegians have racist attitudes towards him and that most or all of the criticism of his professional activities is motivated by his race. So, depending on what exactly the journalist stated, it would not be necessarily inaccurate to state that Harald does or does not stand behind Durek's claims about racism.

"This is the first time anyone of the monarchs has spoken against racism publicly. This should be global news!"

He is mistaken if he believes it is the first time King Harald or any monarch has publicly spoken against racism. I wonder if Mr. Verrett meant to write "spoken against racism against me".

"But instead, the press hides it and pushes nonsense about my beloved stepping down from her duties to focus on an alternative medicine business with me. Which is a lie. She has her own businesses."
While the "stepping down" announcements did reference Princess Märtha Louise's own status as a businesswoman, I think the amount of verbiage dedicated to addressing the couple's views on health and medicine does make it clear that the controversy is primarily over Durek's "shaman" business and Märtha Louise's support of it, not Märtha Louise's horse channel.

https://www.royalcourt.no/artikkel.h...6587&sek=27287

"The truth is, my future family-in-law and I are close. We have respect for each others’ roles in life, and we talk everything out from the heart. Nothing is left uncovered.

However, the press makes it seem like my future father-in-law is stressed and upset with me. This kind of twisting of the truth for their benefit needs to stop."
Isn't it possible to respect and be close to a family member, but also feel stress and upset from their actions?
Old 01-03-2023, 01:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Could someone be so kind as to give context to what Mr. Verrett is saying in the Instagram post? This passage in particular:

quote: Which media report(s) is he alluding to? The King has acknowledged that Durek Verrett has experienced racism, including from Norwegians, but the King has also publicly disagreed with Durek's assertion that most or all Norwegians have racist attitudes towards him and that most or all of the criticism of his professional activities is motivated by his race. So, depending on what exactly the journalist stated, it would not be necessarily inaccurate to state that Harald does or does not stand behind Durek's claims about racism. (quote)

He is not somebody who takes the time to really do research and relate to certain press articles. As many of us do here at the TRF. He just wanted to tell the world his frustrations and how badly he feels himself treated.

I am sure that he has experienced racism, in Norway and in the US, as almost all people of colour have. But, he is stressing it so much when it comes to his relation to Märtha. Did he ever complain about racism before he met her? As I understand from glimpses of his past, there were problems with exes, but racism was never an item. Now it is...

He just doesn't want to acknowledge that the main things brought about against him is not his colour but his shaman business and his very strange ideas and suggestions of "healing".

Martha is supporting him and some other of his clients also. He just cannot see the whole picture in Norway, or any other country in the world who would just as much don't share his shaman business and all the crap he is preaching.

"This is the first time anyone of the monarchs has spoken against racism publicly. This should be global news!"

quote: He is mistaken if he believes it is the first time King Harald or any monarch has publicly spoken against racism. I wonder if Mr. Verrett meant to write "spoken against racism against me". (quote)

And that again is typical for him, the British have spoken against racism many times, he is not aware of this. It is always about him, him and him.

(quote)While the "stepping down" announcements did reference Princess Märtha Louise's own status as a businesswoman, I think the amount of verbiage dedicated to addressing the couple's views on health and medicine does make it clear that the controversy is primarily over Durek's "shaman" business and Märtha Louise's support of it, not Märtha Louise's horse channel. (quote)

Exactly!

(quote) Isn't it possible to respect and be close to a family member, but also feel stress and upset from their actions?
Well, not for him and her. If she would not belong to a royal family the whole business would be quite different. Not much press , accusations etc.
They could live a nice life in California (jut as this other couple tries..) and keep quiet.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Durek posted photos of him and Märtha Louise with his friend, who is also creating their wedding bands which will be revealed at their wedding.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm9957LyAC3/?hl=fi
Old 01-07-2023, 02:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Durek posted photos of him and Märtha Louise with his friend, who is also creating their wedding bands which will be revealed at their wedding.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm9957LyAC3/?hl=fi
Sounds like a plan.
I dearly hope she will be ok in this marriage and the kids are old and independant enough not to be affected too much if things go wrong and of course him, too. don't think ML is easy to be with.

Though I think CP Hakon's comment about Durek was a step, but shows how misleaded the next generation in RF is. But maybe this is just me badly coping with Norwegian transparency, concerning RF there are things I just don't want to know for their own good.
Old 01-07-2023, 02:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I totally agree with you. Well said. Complaining has become fashionable nowadays.
(..)
ML pack your bags,put down your title and take this shaman freakshow far away from Norway,too embarrassing.
(..)
I feel sorry for her daughters.Really do.
Old 01-15-2023, 02:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Norwegian Se og Hør quotes an article at Norwegian Nettavisen:
On Thursday night Durek had a live broadcast on TikTok. He answered questions from followers, and said that he and Märtha Louise still have not found a date for the wedding. He said that the king and queen have supported their relationship all the way.
One of the viewers asked if Durek believes in life after death. He then claimed that Ari Behn had contacted him from "the other side".
- I can hear Ari sometimes. He asks me to greet the children and say that he loves them very much, Durek said according to Nettavisen.
Durek was asked whether he thinks it is okay to charge for treatments, he is said to have said that people spend their money on what they want, and if they want to pay for his treatments, they have the right to do so but he is said to have said that he offers free lessons to people who are terminally ill and those who can't afford it.
Durek Verrett vekker oppsikt med sitat

Durek has hired Norwegian lawyer John Christian Elden to represent him.

At his Instagram
"Sometimes in life, you need to have a strong team of powerhouses behind you, who will be your guardians from those who wish to harm you.
I am happy to announce that John Christian Elden @jcelden will be representing me from now on. I am looking forward to having him by my side in all matters."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CnaHIDkS...YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

When asked what this means, John Christian Elden replies:
- As a legal adviser, it is generally against Norwegian law and assessments of attacks directed at him and his personal circumstances, he says to VG.
He clarifies that he is not Verrett's press spokesman, and also says:
- I am not involved in any specific pending court case.
Durek Verrett røper Elden-samarbeid - VG
Old 01-15-2023, 04:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

And then he all of a sudden is in contact with Ari Behn...

Not that I would ever dream about insinuating that he makes things up on the way.