The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1201  
Old 12-22-2021, 04:07 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Member - in Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 17,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I've just read the latest news about Shaman Durek's health problem. I sincerely hope that he can get through this difficult time in his life.
Me too, Blog Real, me too. I can totally empathize with Durek kidney issues as I'm going through basically the same thing with End Stage Renal Disease and working on getting on a transplant list. I can't imagine though how it must feel to reject a kidney and wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Even going through dialysis has a huge impact on the human body. With the catheters coming out of us, we can compare ourselves to swiss cheese.

Pass the mayo. Swiss cheese tastes better with mayo every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Indeed! He has had a kidney transplant and dialysis and he's still preaching his snake oil for serious illnesses.

Well he's always come across to me as more of an exaggerator/con man than anything else (he's studied *all* the religions from *all* the world class teachers in every country of the globe etc) so I suppose it shouldn't be that surprising.

That said, I wish him a successful recovery from his latest health problems.
I honestly feel that by studying *all* the religions in the world and by taking what feels right for a person and throwing away what doesn't feel right makes it a *personal* belief. Spirituality and religious beliefs and practices a a one off kind of thing and never a one size fits all and "come follow me" actually is brainwashing and coercing others to be a "sheeple" and never gives a person a chance to find their own path and beliefs which is the whole point of our journey here in the first place.

Health wise, no one's body and metabolism are created exactly alike and the only ones that are suitable for snake oil remedies are snakes.

To promote a personal belief and *charge money* for it, to me, is being willing to actually harm another and their wallets for personal gain. Shameful.
__________________

__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #1202  
Old 12-28-2021, 01:48 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 23,329
Princess Martha Louise and Durek wish a Happy New Year!


https://www.instagram.com/p/CYBDv7HrkWM/
__________________

__________________
#ΜΕΝΟΥΜΕ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΣ! #StaySafe! and the 2022!!
Reply With Quote
  #1203  
Old 12-28-2021, 02:47 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 64,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Martha Louise and Durek wish a Happy New Year!


https://www.instagram.com/p/CYBDv7HrkWM/
No "Happy New Year" yet They are still wishing a "Merry Christmas" that's what "God Jul" means. "Happy New Year" would be "Godt nytt år"
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #1204  
Old 12-28-2021, 04:04 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 15,205
The interesting bit is the last sentence: Tribe, will you look at love with a greater spirit?

Is that a swipe at the Norwegians? Being very much a tribe, with tribal mentality.
Reply With Quote
  #1205  
Old 12-28-2021, 05:35 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 4,743
In a statement to the Norwegian news agency on December 21, Princess Märtha Louise criticized Se og Hør over their story about Durek Verrett's health situation. The princess stated that it is a crime to reveal information about an individual's health without their explicit consent and she implied that the story was speculative.

https://www.seher.no/kongelig/raser-...g-hor/74985425

With regard to the criminality issue: Would Se og Hør not have checked with their lawyers?
Reply With Quote
  #1206  
Old 12-28-2021, 06:29 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 15,205
I'm sure Se & Hør know what they are doing.

They were writing about Durek's health alright - in some detail.
But that was based on a source. Not leaked or published medical records, because that would indeed be a criminal offense.
So the question is: Can a magazine write what sources in a foreign country tell about a foreign national in a foreign country? A foreign national who has openly talked about his health issues before.

ML has by this outburst confirmed that what was written is pretty much correct.

It's no different from what magazines (Norwegian magazines no doubt being among them) have written about Charlene of Monaco.

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think Durek would have a good chance of doing much about it.
ML seems to be angling for public sympathy, whether that will succeed is an open question.

IMO when you pursue a career about being a public person, very much talking about yourself and also talking about health issues and cures, well, then you can hardly expect the press to back off when you don't like it, can you?
Reply With Quote
  #1207  
Old 12-28-2021, 07:19 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,053
I'm sure Se & Hør consulted with lawyers because A) It's about the NRF and B) it's about someone's health problems. They do have some practice with MM's situation.

I do feel sorry for anyone who's health problems get brought to public attention when they'd rather keep them private. However this is a very over sharing couple in general and they've previously gone into detail about their sex life for public consumption as well as their physical and mental health problems and more importantly snake oil cures for other people's serious health problems so they've helped create a market for this and one could argue it's in the public interest to note that Shaman Durek of Spirit Hacking has/is treating his illness through conventional means.

I'd say M-L is using it to have a go at the Norwegian tabloids more than the fact that this info is out in the public more than anything else (this is a woman who tried to get the audience to chant against the tabloids suck whilst on stage in a show called "The Princess and The Shaman"). They might get some sympathy due to the serious medical nature of the report or not.

Whilst I do sympathise with her always feeling like the "odd royal out" she does clearly want the "good" parts of her fame but seems unwilling to acknowledge that no one who puts themselves out there like they do receives 100% praise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

I honestly feel that by studying *all* the religions in the world and by taking what feels right for a person and throwing away what doesn't feel right makes it a *personal* belief. Spirituality and religious beliefs and practices a a one off kind of thing and never a one size fits all and "come follow me" actually is brainwashing and coercing others to be a "sheeple" and never gives a person a chance to find their own path and beliefs which is the whole point of our journey here in the first place.

Health wise, no one's body and metabolism are created exactly alike and the only ones that are suitable for snake oil remedies are snakes.

To promote a personal belief and *charge money* for it, to me, is being willing to actually harm another and their wallets for personal gain. Shameful.

I actually have no problem with the general principle of studying all or as many as possible religions and cultures, in fact I think it's a good idea for many reasons. It was just the way he said it, it would not have been a surprise if he had claimed he studied under the Dalai Lama in a one on one way whilst simultaneously receiving personal audiences with the Pope or from Jesus himself.
Reply With Quote
  #1208  
Old 12-31-2021, 01:37 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 23,329
From Martha Louise and Durek:

"Relationship tips from my beloved and I."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYHrTKDggLn/
__________________
#ΜΕΝΟΥΜΕ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΣ! #StaySafe! and the 2022!!
Reply With Quote
  #1209  
Old 01-01-2022, 03:40 AM
Lady Daly's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sherwood, United States
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
From Martha Louise and Durek:

"Relationship tips from my beloved and I."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYHrTKDggLn/
Durek doesn't appear to be "seriously ill". Nothing has changed, still blabbing on about the same old, same old.
Reply With Quote
  #1210  
Old 01-01-2022, 03:42 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 23,329
And Happy New Year from the couple!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYKzBYJgr_t/
__________________
#ΜΕΝΟΥΜΕ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΣ! #StaySafe! and the 2022!!
Reply With Quote
  #1211  
Old 01-01-2022, 04:56 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 15,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Daly View Post
Durek doesn't appear to be "seriously ill". Nothing has changed, still blabbing on about the same old, same old.
But he got attention from us, his devoted followers, and that's what matters...

After all his is dying.
We all are. It may take decades, but eventually we all die.
Which is why hypochondriacs always end up being right...
Reply With Quote
  #1212  
Old 01-01-2022, 05:39 AM
Princess Luna's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I'm sure Se & Hør know what they are doing.

They were writing about Durek's health alright - in some detail.
But that was based on a source. Not leaked or published medical records, because that would indeed be a criminal offense.
So the question is: Can a magazine write what sources in a foreign country tell about a foreign national in a foreign country? A foreign national who has openly talked about his health issues before.

ML has by this outburst confirmed that what was written is pretty much correct.

It's no different from what magazines (Norwegian magazines no doubt being among them) have written about Charlene of Monaco.

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think Durek would have a good chance of doing much about it.
ML seems to be angling for public sympathy, whether that will succeed is an open question.

IMO when you pursue a career about being a public person, very much talking about yourself and also talking about health issues and cures, well, then you can hardly expect the press to back off when you don't like it, can you?
Belive me Se & Hør DO not know what they are doing, they write things with or without any sources, they have so since the beginning. As long as they sell some extra copy of their stupid magazine, they do not care what story they make up. Se & Hør are as bad as Daily Mail, and I can't of the life of me never understand why people buy the magazine and actually belive everything they write.
Reply With Quote
  #1213  
Old 01-01-2022, 06:14 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 15,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
Belive me Se & Hør DO not know what they are doing, they write things with or without any sources, they have so since the beginning. As long as they sell some extra copy of their stupid magazine, they do not care what story they make up. Se & Hør are as bad as Daily Mail, and I can't of the life of me never understand why people buy the magazine and actually belive everything they write.
While I completely agree with you in regards to people wanting to buy such rag, Se & Hør know exactly what they are doing. Selling trashy headlines.
And when you read the articles it almost always tells you in one line that it's allegedly, speculated, sources say, possibly, rumored etc. In order to cover their behind.
Reply With Quote
  #1214  
Old 01-01-2022, 07:01 AM
Princess Luna's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
While I completely agree with you in regards to people wanting to buy such rag, Se & Hør know exactly what they are doing. Selling trashy headlines.
And when you read the articles it almost always tells you in one line that it's allegedly, speculated, sources say, possibly, rumored etc. In order to cover their behind.
What I meant was that Se & Hør do not know what they are doing, causing so much miserably on what crap their are writing. That magazine really really upset me so much ( I am Norwegian), cos I have seen the upset they are causing 'famous' people who really don't wanna be on the front page on that rag.
Reply With Quote
  #1215  
Old 01-01-2022, 07:23 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 15,205
Agree.
They don't care.

Unfortunately people are more than willing to buy the mag.
Reply With Quote
  #1216  
Old 01-01-2022, 09:14 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 4,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
What I meant was that Se & Hør do not know what they are doing, causing so much miserably on what crap their are writing. That magazine really really upset me so much ( I am Norwegian), cos I have seen the upset they are causing 'famous' people who really don't wanna be on the front page on that rag.
But causing upset to famous people is not the same as committing a criminal violation of medical privacy, which is what the princess accused the magazine of doing.
Reply With Quote
  #1217  
Old 01-01-2022, 10:22 AM
Princess Luna's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
But causing upset to famous people is not the same as committing a criminal violation of medical privacy, which is what the princess accused the magazine of doing.

Yeah, I know that. But I know some of the people they have harassed by following them anywhere. And then write some untrue stories, just because they won't talk to the magazine. And it's really bad when kids are involved in the stories.
Reply With Quote
  #1218  
Old 01-13-2022, 07:35 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 772
The Shaman is not that stupid after all...

Bunte online, the German tabloid, reports about The Shaman's health issues:

So, he is suffering from an incurable kindney disease. And he received in 2012 already a new kidney from his sister Angelina.

Plus: He is going to to a Dialysis - 3 to 5 times a week!

And there is even more: Bunte reports, that Princess Märtha Luise is more than ready to donate a kidney to The Shaman (according to Norwegian media). But it is not known until now, if Märtha Luise would be a medically suitable donor.
https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-w...eue-niere.html

My take: When it comes to his own health, The Shaman rather sticks to good old scientifically proven medical craftsmanship. This is not surprising after all, but I wonder, if this does not question his own very wonder-powers as a healer.

(I hoped for something like this (nah, not really!): A Japanese Shaman against a normal dude - Fight!)
https://youtu.be/Sr0AbiM3kMg
Reply With Quote
  #1219  
Old 01-13-2022, 11:05 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 15,205
For once I find everything Bunte writes very plausible.
Reply With Quote
  #1220  
Old 01-13-2022, 12:16 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LONDON, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,160
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-Ari-Behn.html

She spoke about different issues; but no mention of a serious illness relating to Derek VERRETT; and reiterated that they are very happy together.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
#uae #abudhabirullingfamily 18th birthday all tags archie mountbatten-windsor asia austria birth braganza british royal family camilla castile charles colorblindness congo coronation crown jewels danish royal family de la cerda dubai expo duchess of kent duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex gemstones genetics guzman harry and meghan henry viii history india ingrid-alexandra ivrea japan japanese imperial family japan history king edward iii king henry iii king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander lili mountbatten-windsor list of rulers louis mountbatten maria ii medical monarchist movements mongolia mountbatten nara period noble families norway crown princely couple official visit pedro ii politics portugal prince andrew prince charles prince harry prince of wales prince of wales in jordan queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria samurai spanish royal family state visit st edward tokugawa uae


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises
×