Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She was this open and vocal - even with pretty similar words - for a long time. See e.g. these quotes I translated about a year ago:

I don't see a substantial change in her words and opinion about royal life. While I certainly don't share her opinion and really don't get why she speaks about her 'not fitting in' with royal standards again and again when at the same time insisting on staying a princess (and - much worse- using the title for her shady business ideas), I don't think that one could accuse her of mentioning her issues with growing up in the royal family only when she benefits of the publicity (e.g. now) or suddenly changing her attitude towards the subject. She was always very open about this aspect of her life.

I don't follow ML as much as other members of the NRF so I don't always catch up on her interviews from previous years - I must have missed that one last year too. I can imagine Harald and Sonja are sadly used to such remarks from ML, in that case. Whilst I do understand the desire to be more "ordinary" in ML's position (obviously not from experience! :lol:) such feelings are best kept to herself IMO.

You can bet the press are busy digging into this mans past and his families past.

He is a mythomaniac, that's what.

And why did he have to rent a house rather than buying one if he was so rich ...

Thanks, Iceflower

Well, glancing at the news, it's obvious the Danish press couldn't care less.
I haven't seen a word about them.

The Norwegian press and to some extent the Swedish press is another matter! But they clearly didn't bother sending reporters to Copenhagen to follow the latest shows.

In Norway there is a wild debate about the whole issue.
Should ML lose her title?
How about giving Durek a title as prince?
She can't go on embarrassing her country and family!
She is being hounded!
- You get the picture...

What is clear is that ML is still among the top news in Norway.

:previous: I don't think ML's new partner has been picked up in the British media either - though out of the European RFs the Norwegians are one of the lesser reported here in the UK, from experience on what I've read.

Thanks, Iceflower

Well, glancing at the news, it's obvious the Danish press couldn't care less.
I haven't seen a word about them.

The Norwegian press and to some extent the Swedish press is another matter! But they clearly didn't bother sending reporters to Copenhagen to follow the latest shows.

In Norway there is a wild debate about the whole issue.
Should ML lose her title?
How about giving Durek a title as prince?
She can't go on embarrassing her country and family!
She is being hounded!
- You get the picture...

What is clear is that ML is still among the top news in Norway.

Have there been suggestions in Norway to confine royals' business involvement to uncontroversial careers, or would that be out of the realm of possibility from the Norwegian point of view?

Have there been suggestions in Norway to confine royals' business involvement to uncontroversial careers, or would that be out of the realm of possibility from the Norwegian point of view?

I haven't noticed that specifically, but I think every possibility is discussed in Norway these days!

If Märtha Luise would read this forum (and perhaps she does, who knows) then I should owe her an apology.

For me the case was clear: Ok, the royal house of Norway gets 16 Million Dollars or so per year from the state, but it is a "young house", only a little more than 100 years on the throne... - and poor.

So, I thought, the princess is somewhat "milking" her title together with her dubious boyfriend.

But their show is really little and only tiny crowds, at least from what I've seen here in the forums! No Big Money! So, if the show was not a publicity stunt aimed at an american audiance (Look: a picture with the King!) and if one considers, that she might believe what she says... then I was partly wrong, at least about the profit thingy. Sorry!

:previous: Not sure about that.

According to Norwegian press the two of them have earned one million NKR, in what are basically five two-hour shows.
That's 50.000 NKR per hour - each. With very few props and only one assistant to help with the sale and other details.
Say, 25.000 NKR an hour each after tax and expenses.

I'd like to earn 25.000 NKR an hour! Basically talking about myself and encourage people to come out of the box and think positive. :D
Only proves I'm in the wrong business. :sad:

But their show is really little and only tiny crowds, at least from what I've seen here in the forums! No Big Money!

According to Norwegian TV2 this little tour has so far made the couple €82000. The appearance in Stavanger alone made them €30000 so I'd say there's a definite profit to be made for them here. TV2 also made a point of writing how the event in Tromsø only had 13 tickets sold before the couple went public with their relationship and then 131 tickets sold a few days before the event was to take place. This means that their profit there increased by more than €7000.
The numbers look legitimate, but I must admit that I don't know how reliable a source TV2 are.
https://www.tv2.no/nyheter/10620789/

According to Norwegian TV2 this little tour has so far made the couple €82000.

Yeah, but this is probably the revenue and not the profit. Anyway, the scandal is not stopping anytime soon. If the Norwegians could be just more like the Icelanders with their fairies (might the Shaman think right now...).

But thank you and @Muhler for the numbers. Very interesting!

Yeah, but this is probably the revenue and not the profit. Anyway, the scandal is not stopping anytime soon. If the Norwegians could be just more like the Icelanders with their fairies (might the Shaman think right now...).

But thank you and @Muhler for the numbers. Very interesting!
Sorry, I got the words profit and revenue mixed up.

In their defense, they only have one week, maybe another one in the future elsewhere, of these workshops, so it's not that they earn €1000s per hour for years on end ..

In their defense, they only have one week, maybe another one in the future elsewhere, of these workshops, so it's not that they earn €1000s per hour for years on end ..

That depends.

Say one tour of five shows every three months, admittedly with a lower income next time.
Then there are invitations for speeches. Perhaps not that many, but there will be some, that's almost inevitable.
TV-appearances. With a reasonable fee.
Columns.
Blogs and depending on the number of hits that can create a reasonable income.
Books.
Articles.
Interviews.
Private sessions. (They are expensive!)
Sale of various amulets or whatever you prefer to call it. A modest income, but nevertheless an income.
- "Many little creeks a big river maketh" to loosely translate a saying in Danish.

And that's just the Scandinavian/Northern European market!

If you count the undoubtedly much more profitable American market, that constitute a pretty good income!
A shaman who knows the ropes in America and who has connections, combined with a genuine Princess from a genuine monarchy, who is in line for the throne no less, that should increase the novelty factor a bit.
And as the average American are unlikely to know ML and her background, her story about overcoming her difficulties about being placed into a "royal box" combined with how mean the Norwegian press have been towards her and "the love of her life" should land on a lot more sympathetic ears in America.

So all in all I'm not that concerned about ML and Durek not being able to pay their bills in the near future - if of course they play their cards right, live within their (very reasonable) means and invest soundly.

Oh golly, just what was needed, another interview. Why not make a bad situation worse?

Although she is not a working royal, Märtha Louise has been a frequent guest in royal events like weddings, birthdays and jubilees , both in Norway and in other countries, especially in neighboring Denmark and Sweden. Will she be shut down now from siimilar events because of her new boyfriend ? I don’t see him being invited to royal celebrations and I am not sure if she would attend alone.

I wonder what Ari Behn thinks of all of this...

:D Those of you who can read Danish and therefore understand the entire interview when I upload the scans are gonna need a sick-bag!
But those of you who have a wicked sense of humor are gonna have a field day! :lol:

Will be back tomorrow, I hope, with a summary. ;)

:previous: you tease us... :lol: (doing a quick google for a "learn-danish-in-24-hours" course ;) )

The magazine’s trailer for the interview includes a few tiny nuggets of details describing how ML first appeared to Durek from the zen garden of his rented home with ML alluding to some sort of predestined meeting by announcing to him “I already know you. I have met you before” ....The script is breathtakingly out of this world like a b-list matinee movie. Can’t wait for the full article!

Does it matter as she is not consider a working royal?

Does it matter as she is not consider a working royal?

That would be my question too!

But for sure she will never be a working royal in her future, now that Mette has gotten this illness, there would have been possibilities - but they are gone!

Although she is not a working royal, Märtha Louise has been a frequent guest in royal events like weddings, birthdays and jubilees , both in Norway and in other countries, especially in neighboring Denmark and Sweden. Will she be shut down now from siimilar events because of her new boyfriend ? I don’t see him being invited to royal celebrations and I am not sure if she would attend alone.

She used to attend most state functions alone when married to Ari, so there is no need at all to invite a boyfriend of a few months.

She used to attend most state functions alone when married to Ari, so there is no need at all to invite a boyfriend of a few months.

Actually in Norway she did not attend much official Events like State Banquets, official Dinners etc. Think the last time she attended at State Banquet was at the SV of then Queen Beatrix. Usually she was present at Family celebrations but not more.

I'm going to jump in on this very interesting thread here. I've thought about it for a while and first off, I'd like to say that I don't question anyone's spiritual path as its a road with may pathways, exits, u-turns and most definitely pot holes that'll put your heart in your throat when you hit one. Its a learning experience and to me, the most important part is the actual seeking and growing along with it. One has to learn what doesn't work in order to realize what really does work for oneself.

My take on "The Shaman" is something that quite a few people have run into on their own paths. I used to call these "gurus" peddlers of "How to be a shaman in a weekend for $34,2342.07. The "tour" this guy is doing now isn't even close to a weekend. Its a one time admittance ticket for a show that lasts a couple of hours from what I understand.

I wish Martha Louise and her "shaman" the best of relationships if this is what really works for them. I do have a problem taking their spiritual beliefs on the road for profit but sadly, there are a lot of people out there all too willing to invest in having someone tell them what their spirituality path is. I don't believe that their intent is to cause harm but then again, we've seen well meaning people influencing how one thinks end badly. There was Heaven's Gate with Marshall Applewhite, Jim Jones and the People's Temple and David Koresh and the Branch Davidians to list some notorious ones.

I just sincerely hope that Martha Louise doesn't end up being hurt or disillusioned. Her title of "princess" doesn't come into question for me as its part of who she really is or if she does "royal duties" or not. It bothers me that she may be being led down a costly garden path into a mud bog that may cause her more harm than good.

Caveat emptor.

Back
Top Bottom