Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please tell us about the school visit! Did he visit the schools alone or with the Princess? And was he promoting his 'healing abilities'?

Please tell us about the school visit! Did he visit the schools alone or with the Princess? And was he promoting his 'healing abilities'?

By himself it appears, the Princess is not mentioned in connection with the school visits.

He was invited to Elvebakken secondary school by some students and teachers, to something called "philosophical corner," the assistant principal tells VG. "Different people with different points of view are invited there and students can learn and ask them questions." Around 60 students participate in the study program, the time frame for "philosophical corner" is 60 minutes.

Princess Ingrid Alexandra has nothing to do with him coming to the school, the assistant principal says. Nor did she attend the event.

Durek Verrett tells VG that he spoke to the students about shamanism and its history, and how himself became a shaman. He also says that they talked about stress management and pressure at school, and how some people are more empathetic and others more analytical. They also did what he calls "demonstrations of energy".

Derek says the students at the school are very smart, the questions they asked were as educated as would be the case for college students in the US.

He just continues to cause the Royal Family embarrassment... Of course it's also the school's fault for inviting him, but the fact that it was Ingrid Alexandra's school only makes it more embarrassing. I wonder if the school now realizes that it was a mistake to invite him? They get negative media coverage, some authority is now looking into it and they are having to deny that Ingrid Alexandra was involved in it...

There is something quite off about all this. Why is he being invited to a school at all? Only in his capacity as the Princess's fiance; otherwise he's not well-known enough. Which is really stretching the "not capitalizing on the royal family connections or representing the NRF" thing. The fact it's Ingrid's school just makes it weirder.

And I can't decide if it's worse if the school invited him or he got himself invited.

When I got to the part
Verrett claimed this summer that the medallion helped him recover from corona disease after he was infected on a visit to Norway.

My eyes rolled over so far in the back I fell off my chair. If anyone is to blame is Martha herself, alongside every Hollywood celebrity that has interacted with this charlatan to provide him a platform.
What is wrong with her? Really, what is wrong with her?

There is something quite off about all this. Why is he being invited to a school at all? Only in his capacity as the Princess's fiance; otherwise he's not well-known enough. Which is really stretching the "not capitalizing on the royal family connections or representing the NRF" thing. The fact it's Ingrid's school just makes it weirder.

And I can't decide if it's worse if the school invited him or he got himself invited.

Agreed, like who invited him not just to speak to underage children in a school, but to pass around magical artifacts that cure covid? I'll rather touch the Shroud of Turin.

Here in the USA parents would burn the school down if a stranger with a dubious reputation entered school grounds. Main reason is schools here are always in alert since the Sandy Hook Massacre in Connecticut and no one these days gets near children for a presentation unless parents are notified.

I mean, was it Career Day at school ? Did someone invite Darek/Durek in to give a Ted Talk on how to make money fast by mixing up royalty with royalties? :ermm:

Last edited:
Agreed, like who invited him to speak to underage children in a school?

Here in the USA parents would burn the school down if a stranger with a dubious reputation entered school grounds. Main reason is schools here are always in alert since the Sandy Hook Massacre in Connecticut and no one these days gets near children for a presentation unless parents are notified.

I mean, was it Career Day at school ? Did someone invite Darek/Durek in to give a Ted Talk on how to make money fast by mixing up royalty with royalties? :ermm:

They are teenagers, not children. And apparently some of them invited him themselves (which does beg the question of how they got his contact info, no matter how small Norway is?).

But the teachers should have known it was not a great idea — and definitely the school administration should have been informed and known it was not a good idea, as they're now finding out.

Well yes, that's a very good question. Did they invite him unprompted or did he somehow get himself invited?

And I'm wondering about the second school, since he went to Ingrid's school, maybe it's the school of one of ML's daughters?

Yes, it's true, if he is invited anywhere to explain shamanism etc it's only because he is well-known in Norway as ML's fiancé. Otherwise, nobody in Norway would know him and invite him to give a lecture...

Obviously it's always Durek's fault as well ;) For saying embarrassing things and most importantly, for conning sick people. This just shows that he will always be an embarrassment to the Royal Family, and even more so as long as he stays in the country...

This just shows that he will always be an embarrassment to the Royal Family, and even more so as long as he stays in the country...

Now that he is connected to them, he'll be an embarrassment if he leaves the country and goes elsewhere, too. Unfortunately.

Now that he is connected to them, he'll be an embarrassment if he leaves the country and goes elsewhere, too. Unfortunately.

I agree, he will be an embarrassment as long as he is with Märtha Louise, no matter where he is, but I think he is an even bigger one as long as he spends much of his time in Norway. If he does international interviews or posts on Instagram, the Norwegian media will definitely still pick up on his controversial statements and write about them... But as long as he is in Norway, he is even more troublesome because there, he says that he refused treatment from Norwegian doctors, he goes to schools and now authorities are looking into that...

If he provides "treatment" to seriously ill people in Norway - whether physically or mentally ill - and something happens, or the authorities further look into what he is doing and he is actually charged with something, the Royal Family will be in big trouble.

Did he refuse treatment from Norwegian doctors? Didn't Sonja say he got treatment from the healthcare system and benefited? (How to keep up with his statements...:whistling:) It's not just Covid, remember that he has renal failure as well. If you don't have real doctors looking after that, you are in trouble.

I think I agree with Muhler and others that he is so infamous that if he tries to "practice" in Norway, he will be arrested before he can harm someone. Of course, that's not good for the NRF, either.

Did he refuse treatment from Norwegian doctors? Didn't Sonja say he got treatment from the healthcare system and benefited? (How to keep up with his statements...:whistling:) It's not just Covid, remember that he has renal failure as well. If you don't have real doctors looking after that, you are in trouble.

I think I agree with Muhler and others that he is so infamous that if he tries to "practice" in Norway, he will be arrested before he can harm someone. Of course, that's not good for the NRF, either.

When he got covid, he was admitted to hospital in Oslo. He said that he refused treatment and was instead healed by that medallion of his, which he is now selling to people. Of course we don't know if he did actually refuse treatment, but he said it and that's the main reason why the King and Queen are now more or less forced to repeatedly say how great the Norwegian health care system is, the hospitals, the doctors... How they go there for treatment, are grateful for the treatment they have received there when sick etc.

Really all of this should be self-evident, it is only because of what Durek has said that they keep stressing it. And what Sonja said was also because of what Durek has said. Whether she means by that that he did actually receive help from the Norwegian health care system for covid, or for other issues, is open to interpretation. But she was definitely refuting his claims by saying "Durek has also benefitted from our health care system."

You're right, he must have actual doctors looking after him for that. That might have been what Sonja was alluding to.

Hopefully something would be done before he can harm someone, yes. But he doesn't seem to recognize that things are different in Norway. In Los Angeles, he seems to have gotten away with whatever kind of "treatment" he provided, being a charlatan basically. Now he seems to think it will be the same in Norway, but it won't be. Already the authorities are looking into what he did at those schools. Did he advertise his questionable services? Did he advertise the "covid medallion"?

Well, there is the question: should Verrett "somehow" acquire a criminal record in Norway before the wedding — would the marriage be allowed to continue?

I can't believe that Harald is somehow playing cynical 4-D chess here and hoping the man gives him an excuse to order an end to the relationship or deny permission for a marriage, but someone might be?

It would be interesting if this is all a version of 'give him enough rope'.

If the students at the school were part of the invite for him to talk I can only imagine it was *because* he was famous and controversial. Not because he is such a font of interesting Shamanic wisdom. IMHO from looking at his interviews and how he has spoken of it, I find his spirituality almost as fake as his cures. I'm sure there are some authentic/legitimate shamans in Norway who don't sell covid medallions or have Martha Louise claiming that their family life is "just like Harry Potter with everyone throwing real spell at each other" (which I know from some experience with Celtic shamanism/ neopaganism it is not) who could have given a talk.

This particular episode will probably come to nothing but if it becomes a pattern then it becomes a bigger part of the big problem of a) his views and commercial ventures and b) his/their use of her fame and family.

If the students at the school were part of the invite for him to talk I can only imagine it was *because* he was famous and controversial. Not because he is such a font of interesting Shamanic wisdom. IMHO from looking at his interviews and how he has spoken of it, I find his spirituality almost as fake as his cures. I'm sure there are some authentic/legitimate shamans in Norway who don't sell covid medallions or have Martha Louise claiming that their family life is "just like Harry Potter with everyone throwing real spell at each other" (which I know from some experience with Celtic shamanism/ neopaganism it is not) who could have given a talk.

It was for "philosophical corner". Could the kids really have thought his "philosophy" was that interesting? Was there really no one better the teachers could think of to invite and expose their students to? :/ Someone probably thought it would be funny, I'm sure.

I feel like what must have happened is at least one of the students (or faculty) must know IA and the family — how would they be able to get a hold of Verrett otherwise? We didn't hear of any Instagram invitations being issued...

Almost certainly no details will be released, but internally it might not look that great. (If even someone like me assumes the NRF must be inadvertently involved, how must it look in Norway?)

Well, there is the question: should Verrett "somehow" acquire a criminal record in Norway before the wedding — would the marriage be allowed to continue?

I can't believe that Harald is somehow playing cynical 4-D chess here and hoping the man gives him an excuse to order an end to the relationship or deny permission for a marriage, but someone might be?

It would be interesting if this is all a version of 'give him enough rope'.

In a sense, I suppose.

Now that it's getting real between ML and Durek, Durek will face the full scrutiny of the Norwegian press that includes every single mistake he makes or has made, will end up on the frontpage and will be discussed by eevryone.
Durek is discovering that he is not just marrying into another celebrity-family. He is marrying into a country.

It's a completely different field with completely different rules than in Hollywood. And as we have seen before, not everybody makes it.
And even those who make it, often face a very hard time.

On top of that Durek has the disadvantage of the public being hostile towards him from day one, due to his background. Not helped by the fact that he keeps on with his... baffling statements.
I will counter your question with another one: Will Durek eventually make a run for it?

It would be interesting if this is all a version of 'give him enough rope'

No, definitely not King Harald. And not Haakon either... There are probably plenty of people at the court who are aware that Durek is bound to embarrass himself more & more - it's obvious. But it would only work as a strategy if Märtha Louise was driven by logic & a sense of duty. Which she is not...

I think Harald has probably not decided yet whether he will officially consent to the marriage. It is a difficult one, because not consenting would remove her daughters from the succession through no fault of their own (unless they can find a way around that...) and reduce the line of succession to 3.

I do think Durek's behaviour in the meantime will have something to do with the ultimate decision. But the marriage probably can't be prevented, I'm pretty sure she'd marry him without official consent if she had to.

Is there something he could do/ an embarrassment he could cause that would change ML's mind? It doesn't seem like it, because what he has said and done so far is pretty bad. But if that wasn't too much for her, I'm not sure what would be...

It was for "philosophical corner". Could the kids really have thought his "philosophy" was that interesting? Was there really no one better the teachers could think of to invite and expose their students to? :/ Someone probably thought it would be funny, I'm sure.

I feel like what must have happened is at least one of the students (or faculty) must know IA and the family — how would they be able to get a hold of Verrett otherwise? We didn't hear of any Instagram invitations being issued...

Almost certainly no details will be released, but internally it might not look that great. (If even someone like me assumes the NRF must be inadvertently involved, how must it look in Norway?)

I think it's probably easy enough to contact Durek on Instagram. I mean he even feels the need to respond to critical comments left by strangers...

But doing the lecture at Ingrid Alexandra's school of all places does seem like too much of a coincidence, yes. I agree that students wanting to invite Durek likely thought it was funny, not that his ideas were so fascinating and clever :whistling: :whistling:

While I am not a fan of Durek I don't find him at fault here.

If Norwegian schools have "Philosopy Days" or days where crooks and cons can come in and talk to students to share their "alternative views" on life then what Durek did is perfectly fine.

Durek did not go there flaunting his affiliation with the royal house and family- he strickly spoke about his views. If anyone should find fault with this they should take it up with the school.

By the way thanks to their social media accounts anyone can get in contact with Durek and/or Princess Martha Louise by DMing them.

Was he at another school today, or was this second one just the other of two mentioned he was visiting? I hope this is not a new hobby.

There is a video onTikTok where an angry woman (probably in LA) pours water over ML and tell her and Durek to leave the property and you can hear Durek shouting: " Don' t you know that this is the princess of Norway!"

There is a video onTikTok where an angry woman (probably in LA) pours water over ML and tell her and Durek to leave the property and you can hear Durek shouting: " Don' t you know that this is the princess of Norway!"

OMG, why did you made me search for it and instead I found this on Shaman Durek he posted 3 months ago? :lol: Now I see him loud and clear. The comments are priceless. I hope he performs the same song to King Harald if the wedding is held at the Royal Palace:

https://www.tiktok.com/@shamandurek...is_from_webapp=v1&item_id=7145663751365201195

Last edited:
No that is the exact opposite.

Dagbladet ought to fire this "journalist" if they want to maintain any journalistic integrity.

Could someone please post the Dagbladet article so that we may form our own opinions about it?

Could someone please post the Dagbladet article so that we may form our own opinions about it?

Dagbladet hasn't published any article, which their journalist got pretenting to be Shaman's client.
But Dagbladet published an article regarding Märtha Louise's accusations.
Editor for Dagbladet Pluss, Bjørn Carlsen, has the following to say about the princess' statements:
- Dagbladet never comments on unpublished material, so we will not comment on the content of these messages, he says.
Prinsesse Märtha Louise raser mot Dagbladet
Translation

Märtha Louise has shared a personal New Year's message today:

2022 was a challenging year for me in many ways. It was also a year filled with joy, happiness and love.

Life has its challenges. No one can escape them, but it is up to each and everyone of us how to meet those challenges. When we manage to meet everything with the love from our core, we manage to rise above the fear, the disturbance, the anger, grief and everything else. But the times we can’t live from our core, from love, we sink into despair, loneliness, anger, judgement and life’s challenges. I have had my fair share of ups and downs as have everyone I know.

I sincerely hope 2023 expands our deep love for each other. We all need to build a world where all of us can breathe freely, be who we are meant to be, grow and expand into our true selves from love. When we build our lives from our core of love we start respecting ourselves and in turn we respect and love others in a new and more profound way. Without judgment.

Let 2023 be the year we step into love and shower our selves with doing things that make us happy.

Have a great 2023
Happy New Year

** instagram post **

:previous: Well, well, I can't wait for Durek's New Year message, I'm sure it will be flowery and entertaining. :D

I wonder what was so challenging for her? She had her engagement announced and publicized. Her daughters did beautifully.

Either she's referring to private emotional matters, or this is about resigning as a public member of the NRF. Or both, or more....

I wonder what was so challenging for her? She had her engagement announced and publicized. Her daughters did beautifully.

Either she's referring to private emotional matters, or this is about resigning as a public member of the NRF. Or both, or more....

Well, we don't know what's going on behind closed doors

Back
Top Bottom