Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sigh. Martha Louise has terminally poor judgment in others it seems.

Some of the comments are ripping him apart. :lol:

The very first word in his post was "I", which is pretty telling. And comparing this to Bridgerton which is, to put it mildly, fictional.
Come to think of it, he is pretty fictional as well. Cartoonish even. What he says sure belongs in the world of fiction.

Four billion males on this planet, at least half of whom are adults, and ML chose him of all of them.

His/their Bridgerton obsession is by favourite thing about him because it's relatively harmless but shows his mind set. He threw a real life Princess an LA style "regency lite lite lite" surprise party and bragged about it, a woman who grew up in real palaces and as a fraught relationship with the concept of real royalty. Complete with surprise cake that said "Princess Martha Louise" which is how you know how much he loves her title. It wouldn't surprise me if he thinks he's staring in real life Bridgerton rather than real life itself.

He is not used to people challenging him, we must realize. He was after all a pharao in a previous life.
In fact I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he was Thomas Jefferson, among others, in a previous life. - You heard it here first...

Probably. And don't forget he claims he was a warrior King of Norway with Martha as his Queen. So being Prince Regent would be a step down really.

How many previous lives has this man had ? A Pharaoh in ancient Egypt AND a warrior king in medieval Norway. He was certainly well-travelled! It’s funny how so many of those who claim to remember their previous lives were always leaders or monarchs of one sort or another. I suppose being a peasant would be far too dull!

:previous: Indeed.

And it's always some sort of dynasties or persons who are culturally or historically familiar.

I imagine someone in the Bureau for Reincarnations announcing: We have a vacant life as a Cambodian princess? Any takers? Come on! You'll live a life in luxury an Angkor Wat. - No one?!?
Too bad. Anyone wanna be Mata Hari? - Don't rush! You'll end up being executed, you know. Okay, form a line to the right and we'll draw lots.

I suppose if too many souls sign up for interesting lives like Napoleon, they will simply do reruns of past lives - at a discount. They are pretty service minded in the Spirit World, Durek tells me.
Durek is a remarkable man! Not only does he know about me and my phone number, he speaks brilliant Danish. His voice incidentally sounds a bit like one of my brothers-in-laws. We've often had a good laugh at that coincidence. ?

----------

But to be serious. It is beyond me how anyone can take a man like that serious. And even pay him good money, let alone believe in him. It's quite depressing and scary.
- Says I, who would of course never fall for such a conman. The mere thought is ludicrous. :lol:
Or would I... :ermm:

You’d better not go to one of Derek’s sessions without Mrs Muhler at your back, then. Keep well out of temptation! Personally, I wouldn’t mind a past life as a famous Victorian actress in Britain, no going back to the Dark Ages for me. I might put myself in a trance tonight and just see……

How many previous lives has this man had ? A Pharaoh in ancient Egypt AND a warrior king in medieval Norway. He was certainly well-travelled! It’s funny how so many of those who claim to remember their previous lives were always leaders or monarchs of one sort or another. I suppose being a peasant would be far too dull!

:lol: ?

What is it with every narcissistic person that claims to believe "...in a previous life I was this or that celebrated personality..." and is always a king or queen, a big-time warrior or political figure.

If you do math the population of the planet goes down from billions to millions the further you go, so how can anyone today claim a soul from past royalty like if it was a Timeshare condo in Florida? :lol:

:previous: Indeed.

And it's always some sort of dynasties or persons who are culturally or historically familiar.

I imagine someone in the Bureau for Reincarnations announcing: We have a vacant life as a Cambodian princess? Any takers? Come on! You'll live a life in luxury an Angkor Wat. - No one?!?
Too bad. Anyone wanna be Mata Hari? - Don't rush! You'll end up being executed, you know. Okay, form a line to the right and we'll draw lots.

I suppose if too many souls sign up for interesting lives like Napoleon, they will simply do reruns of past lives - at a discount. They are pretty service minded in the Spirit World, Durek tells me.
Durek is a remarkable man! Not only does he know about me and my phone number, he speaks brilliant Danish. His voice incidentally sounds a bit like one of my brothers-in-laws. We've often had a good laugh at that coincidence. ?

----------

But to be serious. It is beyond me how anyone can take a man like that serious. And even pay him good money, let alone believe in him. It's quite depressing and scary.
- Says I, who would of course never fall for such a conman. The mere thought is ludicrous. :lol:
Or would I... :ermm:

I want a Séance to confirm my suspicion Darek/Durek was Phineas Taylor (P.T.) Barnum, of Barnum and Bailey Circus fame. Because he is the one more associated with that famous quote: there's a sucker born every minute

His name was Derek, not Darek.

Not quite the destructive power of a Dalek, either (hopefully no Doctor Who fans will take great offense).

You have never heard of the non-famous people from the past, so unless they are relatives or found with some research, how could anyone claim them?

Last edited:
:previous: Oh, I could have sworn it was Durak...

Anyway, I like the Daleks. Some of them even had little feet, I recall. But that was of course way back around 1980 when Dr. Who was really great.

Are you suggesting Durek is a Timelord? - That would explain quite a lot!
He would have problems camouflaging his mode of transportation though. There are hardly any phone booths left in Scandinavia today. The last in DK was taken down in 2017. I imagine it's the same in Norway.

But back to the topic. How has he avoided been sued to pieces in USA?
I mean he is offering treatment - for genuine illnesses - that at best has no effect whatsoever.
In Norway he may not be sued for exorbitant sums, but the authorities will be knocking hard on his door in a very short while. That I'm pretty sure of.

:previous: Oh, I could have sworn it was Durak...

Anyway, I like the Daleks. Some of them even had little feet, I recall. But that was of course way back around 1980 when Dr. Who was really great.

Are you suggesting Durek is a Timelord? - That would explain quite a lot!
He would have problems camouflaging his mode of transportation though. There are hardly any phone booths left in Scandinavia today. The last in DK was taken down in 2017. I imagine it's the same in Norway.

But back to the topic. How has he avoided been sued to pieces in USA?
I mean he is offering treatment - for genuine illnesses - that at best has no effect whatsoever.
In Norway he may not be sued for exorbitant sums, but the authorities will be knocking hard on his door in a very short while. That I'm pretty sure of.

The Doctor, The Master, The Shaman...? Well. Assuming Verrett is a Time Lord, then we stop knocking poor ML, because everyone wants to go on the Doctor's adventures. (Again, both Harald and Sonja say he's "fun to be with".) I think we can basically assume this is how he appears to her eyes, anyway. (However he is certainly not as morally-burdened as the Doctor. So one of the less-altruistic Gallifreyans.)

How has he not been sued? I would guess because "the power of prayer" is so strong in the US, to the point where televangelists and faith healers have regularly prayed for people and made a nice chunk of change at the same time. It's not a standardized industry or a profession like medicine or anything else. Yes, fraud is fraud, but I can't think when one of them got in legal trouble that wasn't a sex scandal or not paying taxes. Faith and belief is hard to regulate.

Also, Verrett's already done time. He probably knows the ins and outs of how not to go back, if nothing else. (See the waivers he has people sign.)

The Doctor, The Master, The Shaman...? Well. Assuming Verrett is a Time Lord, then we stop knocking poor ML, because everyone wants to go on the Doctor's adventures. (Again, both Harald and Sonja say he's "fun to be with".) I think we can basically assume this is how he appears to her eyes, anyway. (However he is certainly not as morally-burdened as the Doctor. So one of the less-altruistic Gallifreyans.)

How has he not been sued? I would guess because "the power of prayer" is so strong in the US, to the point where televangelists and faith healers have regularly prayed for people and made a nice chunk of change at the same time. It's not a standardized industry or a profession like medicine or anything else. Yes, fraud is fraud, but I can't think when one of them got in legal trouble that wasn't a sex scandal or not paying taxes. Faith and belief is hard to regulate.

Also, Verrett's already done time. He probably knows the ins and outs of how not to go back, if nothing else. (See the waivers he has people sign.)

That waiver won't protect him in Norway. From a civilian lawsuit maybe. Even though I have my doubts. The legislation regarding the rights of costumers and clients overrules that waiver. The Norwegian "Forbrugerombudsmand" = Consumer-ombudsman will be nailing him to the floor, when they are done laughing.
And it sure won't protect him from an investigation for quackery by the authorities. On the contrary, I'd say!
Without knowing too much about the legislation, I'll say he can set himself up as alternative "behandler" = someone who treats people. (Not to be translated with doctor or healer.)
But that requires a license and he is obligated to follow certain procedures in regards to his treatment of illnesses that can or are diagnosed. - The second he says to a client: You don't need treatment, you can mentally cure yourself of cancer, he's toast.
The Norwegian medical profession hates his guts, they'll report him on the spot.

It's official! I hearby officially dislike Shaman Durek.

I spent about 30 mins reading his responses to the "historic" photo at Princess Ingrid-Alexandra's 18th birthday party.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce_1W_UBZZj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

It is clear that he is clueless and has a super abundance of delusions of grandeur.
He claims that Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark is "awesome" and entertains thoughts of being Prince Regent if Princess Martha Louise needed to reign as Queen. Oy veh!

Personally I think it is unfortunate that the Norwegian royal family has put their foreign royal guests at I-A’s birthday party in the position of being photographed with a character like Verrett.

I guess Frederik, Victoria and other closer friends of the family didn’t mind. Maybe Willem-Alexander, Máxima, Mathilde, Guillaume and Stephanie don’t mind either ( I am not so sure about Felipe), but, in any case, I wouldn’t do it again if I were the Norwegian royals. It is really uncomfortable.

That waiver won't protect him in Norway. From a civilian lawsuit maybe. Even though I have my doubts. The legislation regarding the rights of costumers and clients overrules that waiver. The Norwegian "Forbrugerombudsmand" = Consumer-ombudsman will be nailing him to the floor, when they are done laughing.

And it sure won't protect him from an investigation for quackery by the authorities. On the contrary, I'd say!

Without knowing too much about the legislation, I'll say he can set himself up as alternative "behandler" = someone who treats people. (Not to be translated with doctor or healer.)

But that requires a license and he is obligated to follow certain procedures in regards to his treatment of illnesses that can or are diagnosed. - The second he says to a client: You don't need treatment, you can mentally cure yourself of cancer, he's toast.

The Norwegian medical profession hates his guts, they'll report him on the spot.
My guess is, that as long as he doesn't practise him 'job' in Norway, he doesn't do anything illegal and can't be adressed by the authorities there.

:previous: Yep, then he is just another loon expressing an "opinion".

But if money changes hands, he's "practicing".

Don't know about the Norwegian legislation, but it's probably similar to the Danish. He can't speak against established medical facts from major social platforms, or papers or TV either. - Like saying cancer is a self-inflicted disease and that you can think yourself free of cancer because treatment doesn't work as having cancer is a subconscious wish to die. - That's putting people's lives in danger.
That surely will get him in trouble.

During the height of Corona at least one such agitator got herself in serious trouble for speaking against vaccinations, because she was voicing her opinion from major social media being a well-known influencer.

ADDED:
Elaboration.

I'm perfectly within my rights to say I don't believe in chemo-therapy and that I won't have it should I get cancer, because I believe it doesn't work.
It begins to be a problem if I back that up with some unfounded nonsense that is not based in scientific facts. Or I refuse scientific and medical facts, without having a medical degree or something similar.
It gets worse if I from a major social platform, say this forum, actively warn others against chemo.
It gets even worse if I actually succeed in persuading someone who has cancer from accepting chemo, especially if they end up dead.
I can expect a stern knock on the door, if that someone is a child.

- And didn't Durek physically visit a child who had cancer, concluding that the child wished to die, otherwise the child wouldn't have got cancer? - In other words: It was all in the mind and as such treatment wouldn't work.
The Norwegian press and medical profession went berserk over that story!

Last edited:
Oh, he'd be a Timelord, one of the ones with the funny hats on Gallifrey, his ego seems equal.

"Shamans" like him are quite prevalent in LA and I think "complementary" healing falls under a different category than going to a GP would in terms of liability. As mentioned upthread, that goes double if it falls under "religious freedom". Until ML we know he was charming enough to get a number of return wealthy clients who probably wouldn't complain publicly about anything for various reasons, even if the medallion failed to prevent them from getting COVID, their mother still had cancer and their vagina still had imprints. We also know that he tries to make clients sign waivers and probably had a lot of pressure to bring to bear on less wealthy ones like other cult leaders.

And even if there is a case for abuse or neglect or criminal lying enough people have to complain with enough evidence for the authorities to do anything and the fact that he does have celebrities to vouch for him and is now a de facto member of the NRF makes it harder. But also that he's small fry in LA and the English speaking press have barely grazed the surface with him.

Last edited:
"I would most likely breakup with her I'd that happen. It's not for me at all."

We can all hope that's true, but sadly, I don't believe that one, either.

(If it's so "not for him", he would shut up about it all [without the NRF having to shut him up] and stop glorifying his trophy obj-- I mean, princess.)
For me this was the most disturbing thing to read because it is not the thoughts of someone who is truly in love.

Someone who truly loves someone would say something along the lines of "Although I would not want Martha Louise to be Queen, I would do my best to be very supportive to her in her role because I love her".Not "I would most likely break up with her"!
Is this a foreshadowment for when the going gets tough he will just "break up with her...?

For me this was the most disturbing thing to read because it is not the thoughts of someone who is truly in love.

Someone who truly loves someone would say something along the lines of "Although I would not want Martha Louise to be Queen, I would do my best to be very supportive to her in her role because I love her".Not "I would most likely break up with her"!
Is this a foreshadowment for when the going gets tough he will just "break up with her...?

Or the part where ML only gets to be Queen by her father dying and something fairly drastic and awful happening to her brother, niece, and nephew? :whistling:

Doubt that ever got near crossing his mind.

I don't believe he would break up in such an eventuality. Given half the chance to become top-royal, he'd sign on at once. He would have absolutely no problems seeing himself a king of Norway - because I'm in no doubt he would see himself as that.
And keep in mind, he is practically obligated.
He was after all a warrior-chieftain or whatever in Norway in one of his many previous and illustrious lives.
And he can also draw on his experience being a pharaoh (so that's how you spell it.)
And just as importantly he is after all the first black person - ever no doubt - to marry into a European royal house. Okay, there a couple of others, but they pale in comparison to him. (If you pardon the unintentional pun.)
- So to sum up: With his obvious delusions of grandeur we are going to see Durek at every international royal gathering he can possibly attend.

Come King Harald's funeral and Ingrid's wedding, he'll be there, enjoying every second and post something afterwards putting him in the center.

He will break up with ML if she no longer serves a purpose. Otherwise no. Her status after all confirms his greatness to the world.

"No I wouldn't be king. Do you not know how it works? Clearly not let me educate you love. I would become Prince regent. Martha is of Royal blood she would be Quuen and I could never be King which would trump her. Besides I would never want to be ither. I would most likely breakup with her I'd that happen. It's not for me at all."

Interesting, so Durek has indeed learnt some things about royalty... The husband of a female monarch cannot become King because then he would outrank her - well done, Durek! Only he would not become Prince Regent but Prince Consort... I guess some more studying is needed after all ;)

The idea that he would "trump her" if titled King is nonsensical in the context of 21st-century Europe and is not the full picture even in the context of medieval Europe.

As for "how it works": Nothing in the Constitution specifies the titles of spouses, so in the event that Princess Märtha Louise ascended the throne, her husband's title would be hers to decide.

You're quite right that they've never announced Harald has formally consented; I just thought since there also hasn't been any announcement of ML or her daughters losing succession rights, consent was implied.

But maybe they are trying to work out whether the constitution/Harald's authority does allow her daughters to remain in line or not if consent is withheld?

Maybe they won't bother announcing if he's consented or not until after they get married. Or not.

I quite agree that all the circumstantial evidence leads to the conclusion that the King has or will constitutionally consent and thereby allow his daughter to remain in line to the throne. Nevertheless it is interesting how, in contrast to his diligent work to provide clarity about the princess's future role in all other respects, the King hasn't been equally clear in communicating to the public that Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett are one tragic accident away from being their future Queen and Prince Consort.

Princess Angela of Liechtenstein, Baroness Cécile de Massy, Countess Mary Von Habsburg of Austria would like a word with you...

The former Baroness Cécile de Massy belonged to a non-dynastic branch and was not formally a member of the Monegasque Sovereign Family, and (Mary) Nyanut von Habsburg is an untitled private citizen whose husband's family has not reigned since 1918, so Durek cannot be faulted for not comparing himself to them. But Princess Angela of Liechtenstein could be an appropriately historical comparison (though as Durek has alluded to, she is the wife of a male prince rather than the husband of a princess). :flowers:

The very first word in his post was "I", which is pretty telling.

"I" ;) am not sure how his first sentence could have been constructed in any other way, though.

Versus his sister, his choice of spouse is basically the only controversial thing Haakon's ever done, but for a crown prince, that's not nothing.

I'm not entirely sure (if only Royal Norway were still here), but I think the reaction over his decision to pull his children out of the public school system did attain the same level as his sister's controversies. There were certainly politicians and education officials expressing displeasure publicly.

Or the part where ML only gets to be Queen by her father dying and something fairly drastic and awful happening to her brother, niece, and nephew? :whistling:

I don't think the Norwegians who broach the possibility are being inappropriate or even unrealistic, though I do believe it would be far better for the King or Royal Court to address that issue officially than for Durek Verrett to respond to it on social media.

Even the death or incapacitation of her niece and nephew alone - or both of them marrying without the permission of the monarch - would still grant Princess Märtha Louise high odds of succeeding as queen or regent, even if Crown Prince/King Haakon remained in perfect health. She and her brother are close in age, so it is not at all improbable that he might predecease her.

Even the death or incapacitation of her niece and nephew alone - or both of them marrying without the permission of the monarch - would still grant Princess Märtha Louise high odds of succeeding as queen or regent, even if Crown Prince/King Haakon remained in perfect health. She and her brother are close in age, so it is not at all improbable that he might predecease her.[/QUOTE]

What a horrible scenario! Hopefully that doesn't happen. Considering these eventualities wouldn't it have been wiser for the King to rule out all of Märtha's rights to the throne?
It reminds me of the Luxes when young Louis became a father at just 18 and consequently the GD decided that those children would never be in the line of succession. Although it is a quite different case it shows that the reigning king can make such decisions.
She could retain her title but loose the right of succession on the throne.

Even the death or incapacitation of her niece and nephew alone - or both of them marrying without the permission of the monarch - would still grant Princess Märtha Louise high odds of succeeding as queen or regent, even if Crown Prince/King Haakon remained in perfect health. She and her brother are close in age, so it is not at all improbable that he might predecease her.

What a horrible scenario! Hopefully that doesn't happen. Considering these eventualities wouldn't it have been wiser for the King to rule out all of Märtha's rights to the throne?
It reminds me of the Luxes when young Louis became a father at just 18 and consequently the GD decided that those children would never be in the line of succession. Although it is a quite different case it shows that the reigning king can make such decisions.
She could retain her title but loose the right of succession on the throne.

There is a very easy way to exclude ML from the line of succession. It suffices for the King to deny her consent to marry Verrett. If she went ahead and married him anyway, she would then lose her succession rights, but, according to the interpretation of the TRF members in this forum, her daughters with Ari Behn would forefeit their succession rights too in that case. I cannot tell if that interpretation is correct.

Good grief, can't he just be quietly "going on" with his life ? Nope, not happening.

Every time he opens his mouth and touches on subjects of which he is culturally, socially and politically uninformed he appears even more foolish and downright idiotic.
Poor Harold and Sonia, to have this grifter, con artist "Shaman" stirring the pot constantly in their twilight years. And shame on Martha Louise for exposing her Parents, and Daughters to this ridiculous fraud. She is as bad as he is. I think she revels in the controversy. Her profile has certainly been elevated by this, as has his sadly.
Decorum and respect for her Family and The Monarchy is in short supply.
And offending Norwegian sensibilities on the merits of his "healing treatments" of her Shaman Fiancee is and attributing it to racism is despicable.

I thought her Birthday greetings to Durek were interesting...... She says "our life has been a true ADVENTURE since we met, let us continue on our path together, growing, expanding, DARING MORE"......

Gee Martha Louise how OLD are you ? 51 .....there is more to life at this stage as a Mother to three vulnerable teenager girls whose Father committed suicide a few years ago, then wishing "adventures" with your Fiancee.
And, as for the "daring more" part.....yeah we get it. You JUST love to "push the envelope" in terms of how far you can go.

I doubt either of the lovebirds will abide by what they promised to Harold and Sonia. Not one bit.

Last edited:
Nevertheless it is interesting how, in contrast to his diligent work to provide clarity about the princess's future role in all other respects, the King hasn't been equally clear in communicating to the public that Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett are one tragic accident away from being their future Queen and Prince Consort.

Why in the world would Harald want to communicate that, though? That only gets people angrier about a marriage they can't do anything about. Even if Harald's modus operandi wasn't "keep everyone calm and in better spirits", it makes no sense to highlight the worst-case scenario when there is no benefit.

I'm not entirely sure (if only Royal Norway were still here), but I think the reaction over his decision to pull his children out of the public school system did attain the same level as his sister's controversies. There were certainly politicians and education officials expressing displeasure publicly.

That's pretty minor, though — and they are now back in the public school system, so Haakon and Mette-Marit apparently took note.

I agree with Mbruno. If Harald wants to eliminate all possibility of a Prince Consort Durek, he will deny official consent to the marriage — but that's Harald's nuclear option. Since he would rather keep everyone calm and in reasonably good spirits, he's not going to do it. Not right now. Not while he has other options. We'll see.

Last edited:
Quote:
"Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The very first word in his post was "I", which is pretty telling."

"I" am not sure how his first sentence could have been constructed in any other way, though.

That's the point.

The whole post started with putting himself in the center.
Not Ingrid. Not the event.
Not the Norwegian royal family, nor Norway. But him.
Front and center right away.

If you feel a need to point out how important you are.
That you are a trailblazer.
That your presence is historical.
- You are neither.

Others will point that out if that should indeed be the case. Noone but Durek did so.

Is this his anti Covid medallion? Yeah that's awful. And wouldn't visiting Norwegian schools count as using his future position within the family to promote himself?

It's also got the same symbol on it that Martha was promoting (by posing with on SM with it) and contributed to the upset surrounding her medical patronages.

Last edited:
Spirit Optimizers?

It's nothing but a very expensive good luck charm. Bah!

The Scandinavian legislations are very strict in regards to advertising to minors in the educations facilities. Kids being considered more impressionable, there being peer pressure and kids not being expected to see through commercials - even though that is being taught at a pretty young age.
I think I and our children were analyzing commercials around fifth grade or so.

However, stepping back, I think this is a storm in a glass of water. So while it is be inappropriate for someone who is marrying into the NRF to flaunt his talisman, it is also a natural thing for someone to do, if asked a question out of curiosity.

It only shows the long knives are out to get Durek at every opportunity. Because had he not been a certified conman, who would have gone of a lot easier, if anyone had bothered to write about it at all.

Back
Top Bottom