Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: possibly when yukari wrote 'untitled' they meant 'entitled'..

Yes, you're right. I meant "entitled" (I've edited my post).

Well, combination of tiring night shift and new phone (still can't figure out how to turn off autocorrect and how to set the keyboard into Japanese so have to go to google translate and copy-paste it when I need one :sad:)

Insulting comments and posts have been removed. As controversial as the people you discuss may be, please stay respectful towards them. Thank you!

Yes, you're right. I meant "entitled" (I've edited my post).

Well, combination of tiring night shift and new phone (still can't figure out how to turn off autocorrect and how to set the keyboard into Japanese so have to go to google translate and copy-paste it when I need one :sad:)

One-off offtopic question, but do you have Android or iPhone?

I think when the marriage takes place, ML should and will stop to work for the Royal House. They should put an end to it before it becomes a desaster.
I think the Danish events might speed up the process to remove the Princess from ML.
Of course, the son in law will claim that it is purely out of racism :glare:

I don't think the king is going to take the title of princess away from Martha Louise. She can continue to hold the title even when she ceases to work for the royal house, as she is still the daughter of a king.
It is better not to remove the title so as not to create more problems.

If/when the wedding takes place, he will be the son-in-law of the King of Norway; I'm sure this may open some doors for him. Either way, if titles are taken away, it will not change his status as son-in-law! Whether the marriage is happy only time will tell? As has been said, if the King had refused consent, press articles would be a lot worse. It will be interesting to see if other Royal Houses follow-suit re the Denmark situation?

Of course he would still be the son in law of a King. It wouldn't change that but it would mean that, officially, the relationship between the couple and the King (whichever king) would be entirely private. Much like Princess Anne is a public person and Mike Tindall is on the celebrity sports person circuit but their Mother-Son-in-law relationship is entirely private and has no bearing on the BRF. It would officially announce that NRF does not endorse Shaman Durek's medical claims, even implicitly by still having Martha work for them, including some medical patronages, which are now in the awkward position of having to drop her, despite acknowledging the enthusiasm she showed for their work.

It also should have no real bearing on their future marriage, in fact it might strengthen their resolve. This is the couple that claim they are reincarnated soulmates through out time after all. ;)

Of course it would be a bit of an adjustment since they both clearly like using her title for commercial purposes and Durek even put it on her surprise birthday cake. This part would be the potential reason they took it away rather than let her keep it like Carl Gustav - that she/they haven't stopped using it for commercial purposes, *including* events where they talk about Durek's healing abilities and are essentially charging money for snake oil using a royal title.

Last edited:
I think the Queen of Denmark might have done it to a daughter; but I don't think the King of Norway has the resolve to do it. Will be interesting if he agrees for the wedding to be in Norway. I wonder if the King of Norway, is more of a.... I just want a quiet life; kind of person? Rather than confrontational. But I don't know enough about his personality.

[…]Frankly, I agree with the assertion that if she's going to marry him, she should lose her title. Not because of his race or because it's her second marriage or because he's not a royal too (her first husband wasn't either).

He clearly sees marrying her as a means of legitimizing his crackpot beliefs and theories, and he shouldn't get to profit from marrying a princess who can still legally style herself that way. She should become Mrs. Martha-Louise Verrett and that's it.

Frankly, I don't know how the rest of the family isn't embarrassed to high heaven by the both of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankly, I don't know how the rest of the family isn't embarrassed to high heaven by the both of them.

Possibly because every single marriage the NRF has had since 1905 has been controversial, although this one is truly taking the cake.

I'm willing to bet they definitely are embarrassed, however they are also a truly close family (unlike the Danes) and King Harald is a very warm person with an immense amount of tact. (And the Norwegian monarchy is even more popular than the Danish one.) So he hasn't been willing to and never will throw her under the bus.

It will get resolved, one way or another, but I'm not willing to say what will happen to Mrs. Verrett when her brother is king, especially since he apparently asked her if she would do it if he needed to step down to marry Mette-Marit, and she said no.

I think the Queen of Denmark might have done it to a daughter; but I don't think the King of Norway has the resolve to do it. Will be interesting if he agrees for the wedding to be in Norway. I wonder if the King of Norway, is more of a.... I just want a quiet life; kind of person? Rather than confrontational. But I don't know enough about his personality.

The King of Norway is a much warmer person than his Danish cousin, but, he takes his heritage and duty to the crown very, very seriously. He will do what he needs to do, but, he will do it with his characteristic warmth and good humour.

Yes 100%, even if Harald does take ML title away it will not be done in the same as The Danish Ice Queen. It will be done with warmth, love and affection.

TBH I think more likely is ML will step down from all royal patronages, no longer do anything "official" and "stop using the title Princess" whilst still technically holding it.

Possibly because every single marriage the NRF has had since 1905 has been controversial, although this one is truly taking the cake.

I'm willing to bet they definitely are embarrassed, however they are also a truly close family (unlike the Danes) and King Harald is a very warm person with an immense amount of tact. (And the Norwegian monarchy is even more popular than the Danish one.) So he hasn't been willing to and never will throw her under the bus.

It will get resolved, one way or another, but I'm not willing to say what will happen to Mrs. Verrett when her brother is king, especially since he apparently asked her if she would do it if he needed to step down to marry Mette-Marit, and she said no.

I'd love to know more about the final paragraph (but probably in a different thread), do I understand it correctly that Haakon asked his sister whether she would be willing to become the new crown princess and eventually queen if their father had not given permission to the marriage with Mette Marit? I wonder how she could say 'no', as she would automatically have been in that position had he decided to marry without permission... But apparently, she would just give up (request to be removed from the line of succession?) and let the current royal house be left without any heir?

I'd love to know more about the final paragraph (but probably in a different thread), do I understand it correctly that Haakon asked his sister whether she would be willing to become the new crown princess and eventually queen if their father had not given permission to the marriage with Mette Marit? I wonder how she could say 'no', as she would automatically have been in that position had he decided to marry without permission... But apparently, she would just give up (request to be removed from the line of succession?) and let the current royal house be left without any heir?

No, I think the idea was Haakon was too nice to walk away and leave her stuck as crown princess when she was unwilling to do it (to be fair, Märtha Louise has maintained that position since they were younger and the idea of equal primogeniture was being explored). So instead we are in the current situation.

I'm reasonably sure the siblings still have a decent relationship; we know their children are close. I just think for a combination of factors, a King Haakon VIII will be much less inclined to give endless time and patience to ML's shenanigans the way their father does. Especially if they reflect on the monarchy.

Over the years Märtha Louise has been very stubborn in regards to use her title for commercial purposes. In all fairness she started doing that *before* her relationship with Durek.

My only concern in keeping Märtha Louise a princess is that she is very good in carrying out engagements. Depending on how the Crown Princess' lung disease progresses she may be needed to support her father and her brother in carrying out engagements.

Over the years Märtha Louise has been very stubborn in regards to use her title for commercial purposes. In all fairness she started doing that *before* her relationship with Durek.

My only concern in keeping Märtha Louise a princess is that she is very good in carrying out engagements. Depending on how the Crown Princess' lung disease progresses she may be needed to support her father and her brother in carrying out engagements.

She can do it without her title. She's still the daughter of the king and the sister of a future king. People in Norway will know who she is even without it. If she wants to marry […], it's her right, but she shouldn't be allowed to let him use it to continue selling fraudulent, destructive, and frankly ignorant BS to people.

Harald may be a tender-hearted man, which is all well and good, but better he do it than leaving it for his son to deal with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now a new survey, carried out for Dagbladet, shows that more than half believe that Princess Märtha Louise should give up the princess title.
In the survey, carried out by InFact, among other things, a large majority of the men who were asked - 59.3 per cent - believe that Märtha Louise should give up the title.
48.4 per cent of Norwegian women think the same, while the total shows a clear preponderance - 53.9 per cent. A total of 23 percent think "no".
The survey was carried out in mid-September, shortly after several federations announced that they no longer wanted Märtha Louise to be their patron.
Prinsesse Märtha Louise_ - Svikter Märtha

Se og Hør's royal expert Anders Stavseng writes in an email to Svensk Damtidning that he believes Märtha Louise is safe, but Durek's latest outing is not completely problem-free. He thinks people differentiate between Durek and the royal house. Norwegians are very happy with Princess Märtha, and wish her all the best. But after Durek's crazy actions, a number of organizations have boycotted Märtha Louise, because they want nothing to do with her. It is very serious for the royal house, and King Harald and Crown Prince Haakon must deal with it.
Anders Stavsen doesn't believe that Märtha Louise will lose her title. But is not certain that she will be in Norway very much in the future. Stavsen thinks that Märtha Louise takes her princess title and settles in Los Angeles and lives happily as 'royalty' in Hollywood. A Scandinavian princess is very popular in America, and the title both opens doors and gives status. Stavsen doesn't think that Märtha Louise will ever give up her title voluntarily. Durek will probably also want to bask in the glory of a royal title, as he is very keen on Märtha Louise being a princess.
Nya detaljer från krismötet om Märtha Louises framtid – avskedet avslöjat_ ”Ge upp” _*Svensk Dam

Last edited:
I think once they are married, they will live in America more or less on a permanent basis.

Crown Prince Haakon about Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett: - A difficult topic
Crown Prince Haakon talks about difficult trade-offs between feelings and family relationships and consideration for the monarchy.
https://www.nrk.no/norge/kronprins-...durek-verrett_-_-et-vanskelig-tema-1.16142211

Link to English translation as I am sure I am not the only one interested in the content of this article.

In general, he says that he want Durek to feel welcome in the family, has met them and he's a nice guy. However, he also understands that what has been said and done was sometimes controversial, so they will need to find their way for the institution as well but that might take some time.

"At the same time, I feel a great responsibility for the institution, and I - and we - have of course noticed that some of what has been said and done has caused a lot of discussion and has been controversial. We have to talk about that and find out, he says."

Told you. Even admitting to the controversial part, he's not going to put up with it.

I hope it gets resolved before he accedes and he doesn't have to.

Crown Prince Haakon about Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett: - A difficult topic
Crown Prince Haakon talks about difficult trade-offs between feelings and family relationships and consideration for the monarchy.
https://www.nrk.no/norge/kronprins-...durek-verrett_-_-et-vanskelig-tema-1.16142211

I understand what Prince Haakon means.
He wants Durek to feel welcome in the family, but they also need to think about the monarchy.
I hope he find a solution that works for everyone.

Last edited:
It must be difficult. Like his parents Haakon is being very diplomatic about Durek as a person and ML's personal happiness.

This does confirm that there have been discussions about ML's future work for the monarch and her title which is understandable given that some of her patronages have already severed ties with her over Durek's medical claims and pronouncements. But OTOH they don't want to turn it into a saga like the BRF and DRF.

I'm sure that they would rather come to an agreement with ML but she has proved resistant to fully stopping using her title to sell controversial things in the past.

Looks like the press was told not to ask Martha Louise and Derek any questions about tittles or healing medallions.
https://www.dagbladet.no/kjendis/ga-pressen-munnkurv/77491966

Press expert Gunnar Bodahl-Johansen (73) believes the royals have been given too much leeway.

- I believe that the press must thank themselves in many ways, for having ended up in such a situation.
By that he means that the press has been too permissive for many years.

- It has been a bit of a shame to interview the royals and they have been given a bit too much leeway to dictate to the Norwegian press, he says.

:previous: The Norwegian press are going to see that as a blatant provocation.

- Soooo, Durek has medallions for sale that can cure you of Corona? - Well, apparently such a thing cured him.

I gotta get ten of those things. :eek: Hope they ain't too expensive though. :ermm:

In other words nothing has changed...

If there is anything that could dent the absolutely beloved Norwegian monarchy in the eyes of its people, it's somehow not all the controversial marriages up to now, but this guy. (Sigh.)

:previous: The Norwegian press is going to see that as a blatant provocation.

- Soooo, Durek has medallions for sale that can cure you of Corona? - Well, apparently such a thing cured him.

I gotta get ten of those things. :eek: Hope they ain't too expensive though. :ermm:

In other words, nothing has changed...

I don't have the words for the garbage that is "healing medallions." Selling things like that really ought to be against the law. There are a lot of ignorant, naive people out there who will latch onto anything they can to "heal" them of whatever disease or disability they have, and taking advantage of these clearly unwell people should be a criminal offense.

Back
Top Bottom