Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Obviously.

I was initially very supportive of a union of these two as Durek is very much eccentric as the Princess. However as time passes by the skeletons keep making their way out of his closet. Not good in my opinion

Obviously.

I was initially very supportive of a union of these two as Durek is very much eccentric as the Princess. However as time passes by the skeletons keep making their way out of his closet. Not good in my opinion

think eccenntric is putting it kindly. I hope he is Ok but he's not a very stable person and niether AFAICS is ML

Last edited:
:previous: This is EXACTLY the sort of thing he needs to be avoiding from this point on. It is unseemly for the Norwegian king's future son-in-law to go crowing on social media in this manner.

And TBH I blame ML for not putting her foot down. I know he would cool it if she asked him to.

Shut. Up. Dude.

Last edited:
:previous: This is EXACTLY the sort of thing he needs to be avoiding from this point on. It is unseemly for the Norwegian king's future son-in-law to go crowing on social media in this manner.
Shut. Up. Dude.

Why? If a girl marries a Prince, she is called a Princess. So, in our liberal times: If a boy marries a Princess, he is called a Prince, right?

And our Shaman is soon a Prince of Norway. This is something to write home about, something to brag.

Why? If a girl marries a Prince, she is called a Princess. So, in our liberal times: If a boy marries a Princess, he is called a Prince, right?

And our Shaman is soon a Prince of Norway. This is something to write home about, something to brag.

He is becoming a member of a royal family. Yes that is a milestone for the NRF, for sure. He isn't becoming a Prince, that's just a fact, if he was marrying Haakon, maybe he would.

I personally dislike the fact that they seem focused on Bridgerton (they've mentioned it several times) which in itself is an extremely lightweight, fluffy book series and the TV show made it even more so. In real life Queen Charlotte's husband was as related to her black relative as she was via his mother. It just makes him seem silly in what is actually something noteworthy IMHO.

Last edited:
I always open this thread with some trepidation!

Durek, press your lips together, firmly. And only open them when you eat, drink or snore.

Considering that he has before felt the wrath of the Norwegian press and public, hasn't he learned anything?!?
Going on like that in Norway of all places. In the country of the Law of Jante is not the brightest thing to do.

The Law of Jante: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Jante

Durek, follow the Law of Jante or fail.

Last edited:
Not quite so special though, he clearly hasn't done his research or maybe he'd know Princess Angela was first person of primarily African descent to marry into a reigning European dynasty. And all without being a conman.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Angela_of_Liechtenstein

This shows he sees marrying ML as a great PR move, let's hope its more than just that

As his post is on Instagram I (and probably others) cannot see it. Can someone who can provide details about his 'cheesy' post?

And TBH I blame ML for not putting her foot down. I know he would cool it if she asked him to.

Shut. Up. Dude.
Yes, it is so sad. But I fear you are right! I don´t think the way the man ticks this will last. If it does, they will probably do the "Harry-and-Meghan-thing"...

As his post is on Instagram I (and probably others) cannot see it. Can someone who can provide details about his 'cheesy' post?

"I made history! This photo is forever in the history of the Royals and the world. However this is more then just a picture. This is a monumental truth to be told of what life should of always been like from the beginning. The Bridgertons is becoming real through my love for my beloved. Being apart of this amazing family that is filled with so much love and acceptance. I'm happy to be with this huge European family that truly loves one another. I have witness that.
To all people of color... You matter..
by God you matter. Praise God for the blessing of change is upon us family. Rejoice! In the golden dawn that is rising.
Tribe, what do you think about this change in history?"

with "the picture" he is referring to the group photography at Pcss Ingrid´s birthday banquet.

Durek, press your lips together, firmly. And only open them when you eat, drink or snore.

Well, technically he didn't open his mouth, just moving his fingers (if not thumbs):D

Considering that he has before felt the wrath of the Norwegian press and public, hasn't he learned anything?!?

Hate to say this, but he has his skin colour as his shield ...

I really don't appreciate what he says most of the time, but, in this occasion, I agree with him, it IS an historical picture !

Going on like that in Norway of all places. In the country of the Law of Jante is not the brightest thing to do.

The Law of Jante: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Jante

Durek, follow the Law of Jante or fail.

Thank you for this bit of satire/not satire. I have doubts Durek would even be able to understand the Law of Jante let alone to follow. Durek's hubris is limitless. Durek and ML live in their own little tiny world of two. I want to wish them well only for the sake of King Harald and family but it becomes nearly impossible. Yes, Durek, fermer la bouche!!

I enjoyed this example of Jante Law: "Swedish actor Alexander Skarsgård explained that although he had recently received an Emmy and a Golden Globe Award for a lauded performance, the inhibitions induced by the Law of Jante prevented him from boasting of the accolade." (Have enjoyed the Skarsgard family of actors for years beginning with the Dad Stellan...but I digress.)

No. The late lamented Ari Behn was not called "Prince".

Neither is Jack Brooksbank in England

That simply is not the way it works.:cool:

Last edited:
Well, technically he didn't open his mouth, just moving his fingers (if not thumbs):D

Hate to say this, but he has his skin colour as his shield ...

Not sure what you mean. His skin color has not shielded him from some of the most vicious racism and vitriol I have ever read online...EVER.

I say this as someone who thinks the guy is ridiculous at best. But the fact remains that his skin color is and will always be a major stumbling block for certain people..not a "shield" of any kind.:ermm:

But y'all have to admit: It is a great story!

Durek Verrett: From humble beginnings, I think, his father was a construction worker, over a station as a juvenile jailbird in a prison and he has been a Shaman (pseudoscience) since then, into the Norwegian Royal Family - Durek has done well lately.

This is not like the "Bridgertons", he mentions in his Instagram post, this is very much like "Peaky Blinders", but less Mafia style and more the "talkative" way.

There is something special and interesting about it!

Norwegian Se og Hør has made several questions to Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett about the impending wedding. They have not received any response. Se og Hør also asked the court if it will have any part in the planning of the wedding.
Communications Manager Guri Varpe says:
- Princess Märtha Louise has stated that it is not yet clear when and where the wedding will take place. The Royal Court is not involved in the planning.
Se og Hør speculates, that Märtha and Durek will consider the Royal Yacht "Norge" as a fantastic opportunity for a completely private and intimate wedding. Then King Harald would not have to travel.
Prinsesse Märtha Louise_ - Hoffet med avsløring

Se og Hør Magazine

Is this like HELLO magazine? They seem to carry a lot of stories about the family; and do they present the royal family in a positive light. I liked this interview for it's honesty.

In late July, Durek Verrett made headlines in Norway for his Instagram video in which he shared that when he was taken to the hospital with Covid-19, he declined all medical treatment because he had a "spirit optimizer" medallion which protected him against illness. He also noted that the medallion was for sale on his website (price: $222 USD).

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/i/ALjVvj...mot-coronasykdom-selger-den-paa-egen-nettside

A state secretary reacted to the video on his own social media account, where he called Mr. Verrett an "unscrupulous and dangerous charlatan".

On August 30, during a meeting with the press on their county visit to Møre and Romsdal, the King and Queen were asked for comment. It is the first time they have commented on the controversies involving their soon to be son-in-law.

https://www.nrk.no/norge/kongeparet-kommenterer-durek-kritikken-for-forste-gang-1.16084909

A rough translation of their comments follows. Corrections are very welcome. The translation of the first two comments from the King is taken from Oskar Aanmoen's translation on Royal Central (with thanks to hereditarytitles).

King Harald: "Now I am so lucky, or unlucky, that I have recently had the experience of being sick. And in this country we have an excellent health system, I can only say that it is very good to have such a health system as we have in Norway. And even Durek Verrett has benefited from our health system also."

Queen Sonja: "And praises it."

The King and Queen were also asked about Mr. Verrett's usage of royal titles and concepts in his and Princess Märtha Louise's commercial activities (despite the couple having earlier been told not to do so by the King).

King Harald: "I do not think it has fully sunk in yet what we mean, but we are in a process and this will eventually work itself out. We get to know each other better and better, and we will talk to him, as we do in a family. So, it is going to work out. But I don’t promise that it will be resolved tomorrow."

Reporter: "Is it a challenge for the royal house?"

King Harald: "No, it really isn't a challenge for the royal house at all."

Queen Sonja: "There's a big difference between being in America and being in Norway, I believe."

King Harald: "It's a culture clash we're seeing now."

They were also asked about their experience of Durek Verrett's reception by the Norwegian people (I assume this was referring to Mr. Verrett's characterization of Norwegians as racist).

King Harald: "I'm not Durek, so I don't know how he experienced it. But there's no doubt that in the crevices of Norway there's a segment of people who engage in that mockery. So he saw that, and that also goes for some who are not ethnically Norwegian here in this country."

Well, that's not the most enthusiastic "welcome to the family" I have ever heard!

To me it sounds like the King saying that they will quietly explains the dos and don'ts to Durek, while at the same time smoothing things out in regards to the press and public.

Considering the health and age of the Regent Couple this is no doubt a challenge they would have preferred to do without.

It does show how extremely long Harald has been doing the diplomacy thing.

I also noticed the ratio of Harald/Sonja in this.

I think the King is a lovely person and extremely diplomatic as well.

Back
Top Bottom