Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure Se & Hør consulted with lawyers because A) It's about the NRF and B) it's about someone's health problems. They do have some practice with MM's situation.

I do feel sorry for anyone who's health problems get brought to public attention when they'd rather keep them private. However this is a very over sharing couple in general and they've previously gone into detail about their sex life for public consumption as well as their physical and mental health problems and more importantly snake oil cures for other people's serious health problems so they've helped create a market for this and one could argue it's in the public interest to note that Shaman Durek of Spirit Hacking has/is treating his illness through conventional means.

I'd say M-L is using it to have a go at the Norwegian tabloids more than the fact that this info is out in the public more than anything else (this is a woman who tried to get the audience to chant against the tabloids suck whilst on stage in a show called "The Princess and The Shaman"). They might get some sympathy due to the serious medical nature of the report or not.

Whilst I do sympathise with her always feeling like the "odd royal out" she does clearly want the "good" parts of her fame but seems unwilling to acknowledge that no one who puts themselves out there like they do receives 100% praise.

I honestly feel that by studying *all* the religions in the world and by taking what feels right for a person and throwing away what doesn't feel right makes it a *personal* belief. Spirituality and religious beliefs and practices a a one off kind of thing and never a one size fits all and "come follow me" actually is brainwashing and coercing others to be a "sheeple" and never gives a person a chance to find their own path and beliefs which is the whole point of our journey here in the first place.

Health wise, no one's body and metabolism are created exactly alike and the only ones that are suitable for snake oil remedies are snakes. :D

To promote a personal belief and *charge money* for it, to me, is being willing to actually harm another and their wallets for personal gain. Shameful.

I actually have no problem with the general principle of studying all or as many as possible religions and cultures, in fact I think it's a good idea for many reasons. It was just the way he said it, it would not have been a surprise if he had claimed he studied under the Dalai Lama in a one on one way whilst simultaneously receiving personal audiences with the Pope or from Jesus himself. ;)

Last edited:
Durek doesn't appear to be "seriously ill". Nothing has changed, still blabbing on about the same old, same old.

But he got attention from us, his devoted followers, and that's what matters...

After all his is dying.
We all are. It may take decades, but eventually we all die.
Which is why hypochondriacs always end up being right... ;)

I'm sure Se & Hør know what they are doing.

They were writing about Durek's health alright - in some detail.
But that was based on a source. Not leaked or published medical records, because that would indeed be a criminal offense.
So the question is: Can a magazine write what sources in a foreign country tell about a foreign national in a foreign country? A foreign national who has openly talked about his health issues before.

ML has by this outburst confirmed that what was written is pretty much correct.

It's no different from what magazines (Norwegian magazines no doubt being among them) have written about Charlene of Monaco.

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think Durek would have a good chance of doing much about it.
ML seems to be angling for public sympathy, whether that will succeed is an open question.

IMO when you pursue a career about being a public person, very much talking about yourself and also talking about health issues and cures, well, then you can hardly expect the press to back off when you don't like it, can you?

Belive me Se & Hør DO not know what they are doing, they write things with or without any sources, they have so since the beginning. As long as they sell some extra copy of their stupid magazine, they do not care what story they make up. Se & Hør are as bad as Daily Mail, and I can't of the life of me never understand why people buy the magazine and actually belive everything they write.

Belive me Se & Hør DO not know what they are doing, they write things with or without any sources, they have so since the beginning. As long as they sell some extra copy of their stupid magazine, they do not care what story they make up. Se & Hør are as bad as Daily Mail, and I can't of the life of me never understand why people buy the magazine and actually belive everything they write.

While I completely agree with you in regards to people wanting to buy such rag, Se & Hør know exactly what they are doing. Selling trashy headlines.
And when you read the articles it almost always tells you in one line that it's allegedly, speculated, sources say, possibly, rumored etc. In order to cover their behind.

While I completely agree with you in regards to people wanting to buy such rag, Se & Hør know exactly what they are doing. Selling trashy headlines.
And when you read the articles it almost always tells you in one line that it's allegedly, speculated, sources say, possibly, rumored etc. In order to cover their behind.

What I meant was that Se & Hør do not know what they are doing, causing so much miserably on what crap their are writing. That magazine really really upset me so much ( I am Norwegian), cos I have seen the upset they are causing 'famous' people who really don't wanna be on the front page on that rag.

Agree.
They don't care.

Unfortunately people are more than willing to buy the mag.

What I meant was that Se & Hør do not know what they are doing, causing so much miserably on what crap their are writing. That magazine really really upset me so much ( I am Norwegian), cos I have seen the upset they are causing 'famous' people who really don't wanna be on the front page on that rag.

But causing upset to famous people is not the same as committing a criminal violation of medical privacy, which is what the princess accused the magazine of doing.

But causing upset to famous people is not the same as committing a criminal violation of medical privacy, which is what the princess accused the magazine of doing.

Yeah, I know that. But I know some of the people they have harassed by following them anywhere. And then write some untrue stories, just because they won't talk to the magazine. And it's really bad when kids are involved in the stories.

Last edited:
The Shaman is not that stupid after all...

Bunte online, the German tabloid, reports about The Shaman's health issues:

So, he is suffering from an incurable kindney disease. And he received in 2012 already a new kidney from his sister Angelina.

Plus: He is going to to a Dialysis - 3 to 5 times a week!

And there is even more: Bunte reports, that Princess Märtha Luise is more than ready to donate a kidney to The Shaman (according to Norwegian media). But it is not known until now, if Märtha Luise would be a medically suitable donor.
https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-...e-um-durek-verrett-er-braucht-neue-niere.html

My take: When it comes to his own health, The Shaman rather sticks to good old scientifically proven medical craftsmanship. This is not surprising after all, but I wonder, if this does not question his own very wonder-powers as a healer.

(I hoped for something like this (nah, not really!): A Japanese Shaman against a normal dude - Fight!)

For once I find everything Bunte writes very plausible.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...sion-following-death-ex-husband-Ari-Behn.html

She spoke about different issues; but no mention of a serious illness relating to Derek VERRETT; and reiterated that they are very happy together.

Thank you for the article summarizing the princess's interview with former princess Tessy of Luxembourg. :flowers: No new information, it seems, only reiterating that her family went through a difficult time when Ari Behn died, that the couple are happy, and so forth.

Shaman Durek at a podcast
Marisa Peer connects with Shaman Durek, a 6th generation shaman and author of the best-selling book ‘Spirit Hacking,' to talk about how to master your mind. Dive into the shaman’s own experiences and wise advice on how to take the power back to live consciously, authentically, and in alignment.
The episode covers:
Operating in the field of consciousness rather than reaction Shaman Durek’s own experiences of childhood and being in a relationship with a princess The power of the mind and how we are programmed as young children Why the words you use to speak to yourself are so important
Master Your Mind With Marisa_ Shaman Durek_ How to live consciously, authentically, and in alignment. on Apple Podcasts

Princess Märtha Luise not a suitable donor...

Bunte online, the German tabloid, reports the latest developments in the saga about The Shaman's kidney disease:
https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-...se-von-norwegen-als-spenderin-ungeeignet.html

Princess Märtha Luise is not a medically suitable donor! The pair was in high hopes, that a kidney from the Princess might rescue The Shaman, but the mother of three is not suitable, it wont work out.

A friend of The Shaman has the the suspicion, that the actual problems started, when The Shaman made a "biohacking" theraphy, which damaged The Shaman's kidney. "Biohacking" means a change of the diet towards supplements, vitamins and a lot of protein. The latter might have damaged the kidney.

Bunte online, the German tabloid, reports the latest developments in the saga about The Shaman's kidney disease:
https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-...se-von-norwegen-als-spenderin-ungeeignet.html

Princess Märtha Luise is not a medically suitable donor! The pair was in high hopes, that a kidney from the Princess might rescue The Shaman, but the mother of three is not suitable, it wont work out.

A friend of The Shaman has the the suspicion, that the actual problems started, when The Shaman made a "biohacking" theraphy, which damaged The Shaman's kidney. "Biohacking" means a change of the diet towards supplements, vitamins and a lot of protein. The latter might have damaged the kidney.

One would think that if one has kidney disease it would be common sense not to overload the kidneys with protein and chemicals/vitamins.

One would think that if one has kidney disease it would be common sense not to overload the kidneys with protein and chemicals/vitamins.

I have end stage renal disease and as I type this, I have a nurse here working with my hubby to set up a dialysis machine in my bedroom so my treatments will be done at night while I'm sleeping.

Everything about my metabolism is strictly watched from my diet to my blood work denoting every level of just about everything to being restricted to drinking no more than 32 ounces in a day. I take binders every time I eat to control the phosphorous levels and medication to combat low hemoglobin in the blood to having good foods within limits for protein and foods I should definitely always stay away from completely (I do cheat once in a blue moon and devour bacon). I also get infusions every six months for severe osteoporosis and that can mess with my levels as I also have secondary hyperthyroidism which makes my calcium and vitamin D level go off the rails. It's constant monitoring of *everything* under the sun these days. This is my life. It's still a good life though. I have a lot of time to spend here on TRF. :D

A live donor kidney mostly is going to be a successful one if the donor is genetically related to the patient. If I'm not mistaken, the previous kidney transplant that Durek received was from his sister. Now that it's been rejected by his body, he's basically back in the same boat that I am where his kidneys are not functioning at all. This biohacking is for idiots. The man should really be under strict medical supervision with dialysis and continual bloodwork being done and then adjusting to what the body's metabolism really needs rather than "spiritually" attuning it. Too much protein, too little iron or too much calcium and vitamin D probably did destroy his good kidney. Someone needs to shake this guy up and smack some reality into his head or Martha will be saying goodbye to her love as his body is lowered into the ground in the box.

By the time I'm done with all this kidney stuff, I should be able to walk in and take the exam and pass it and earn my credentials as a MD. ?

Last edited:
I know that they supposedly love each other, but I can’t shake the creepy feeling ML is/was getting used for her organs along with everything else. :/

Edit: To be fair to Verrett, I think even when you don’t do anything ‘special’ and follow all medical advice, successful kidney transplants can have a finite lifespan of about 10-15 years before they fail again (I think. Not certain by any means and I didn’t check.) So while he may be responsible for his current alleged health, he may not be, just time.

Last edited:
I have end stage renal disease and as I type this, I have a nurse here working with my hubby to set up a dialysis machine in my bedroom so my treatments will be done at night while I'm sleeping.

Everything about my metabolism is strictly watched from my diet to my blood work denoting every level of just about everything to being restricted to drinking no more than 32 ounces in a day. I take binders every time I eat to control the phosphorous levels and medication to combat low hemoglobin in the blood to having good foods within limits for protein and foods I should definitely always stay away from completely (I do cheat once in a blue moon and devour bacon). I also get infusions every six months for severe osteoporosis and that can mess with my levels as I also have secondary hyperthyroidism which makes my calcium and vitamin D level go off the rails. It's constant monitoring of *everything* under the sun these days. This is my life. It's still a good life though. I have a lot of time to spend here on TRF. :D

A live donor kidney mostly is going to be a successful one if the donor is genetically related to the patient. If I'm not mistaken, the previous kidney transplant that Durek received was from his sister. Now that it's been rejected by his body, he's basically back in the same boat that I am where his kidneys are not functioning at all. This biohacking is for idiots. The man should really be under strict medical supervision with dialysis and continual bloodwork being done and then adjusting to what the body's metabolism really needs rather than "spiritually" attuning it. Too much protein, too little iron or too much calcium and vitamin D probably did destroy his good kidney. Someone needs to shake this guy up and smack some reality into his head or Martha will be saying goodbye to her love as his body is lowered into the ground in the box.

By the time I'm done with all this kidney stuff, I should be able to walk in and take the exam and pass it and earn my credentials as a MD. ?

Oh my, I'm so sorry you're suffering :( I'm glad you have a good team keeping a close eye on you and that you have this place to take your mind off of things. Great that you're still enjoying life and rolling with the punches. Having long-term medical problems certainly makes you an expert I would think you deserve an honorary license. :flowers:

My doctor monitors my kidney function and adjusts my medications to account for changes she sees in my bloodwork. I have high blood pressure which has the potential to damage my kidneys so she's been very diligent to keep track and set me up with a dietician who explained to me the mechanics of the kidneys.

Alternative medicine is great within reason, but I don't think it's very reasonable to have major kidney disease and decide that a high protein "biohacking" diet is a good idea.

Hugs to you, Osipi.

Alternative medicine is great within reason, but I don't think it's very reasonable to have major kidney disease and decide that a high protein "biohacking" diet is a good idea.

Hugs to you, Osipi.

Thanks for the hug. ?

Alternative and natural homeopathic remedies are a godsend as far as I'm concerned. So many things we can include in our diets that are beneficial just because they're made from natural ingredients. It is amazing how our planet has all these natural plants and herbs and minerals just geared for the human body and to promote a healthy body.

One thing I've discovered and I swear by (with my primary doctor's full approval) is that for nausea/vomiting (very common side effect of kidney disease) is Delta 8 THC/cannabis oil gummies (federally legal here in the US). I order the stuff online. Once it is approved to be certified legally in West Virginia, I can get "carded" for medical marijuana use. Now I'm a hippie relic but even back then, I didn't like smoking the stuff. I love the smell of it but didn't like smoking it. Edibles really work better for me all the way around.

Garlic for the heart, green tea for the antioxidants and ginger tea or soda for tummies (my daughter loaded my porch with a HUGH stash of Vernors ginger ale that we can't get here), apple cider vinegar and extra virgin olive oil for cooking. So many ways we *can* get away from the chemicals and preservatives in a lot of foodstuff we normally don't think about.

Life on the Medicare-Go-Round is part and parcel of riding off into the sunset in our golden years. I still want to grow up to be like Sophia of the Golden Girls. Pity my poor kids eh? :lol:

Seriously though, I do believe Durek is really missing the boat if he thinks that anything shamanic is a "cure" for a life threatening disease such as he has. Perhaps what he doesn't realize is that because we are humans adapted to planet Earth, that the Earth can and does provide everything we do need along with the people on planet Earth that make it their lifelong careers specializing in nephrology to handle whatever needs to be handled. Someone should tell Durek that the "spirit" moves through the earth and through the professionals and that they should be listened to and followed. It keeps me alive because I'm listening and not second guessing anything. ;)

25 January, Shaman Durek at "Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills" Star Sutton Stracke Hosts Private Press/Celebrity Event At Her West Hollywood Boutique SUTTON.
Getty Images

In se og hor it saus the he wants to weds the princess this year. What do you know about that?

The article is unfortunately behind a paywall. Are there any other articles which quote his comments?

It seems somewhat unusual by royal standards for a senior royal to have an openly acknowledged informal engagement for a long period without an official announcement, but it is understandable given the pandemic and the tragic death of her daughters' father.

In se og hor it saus the he wants to weds the princess this year. What do you know about that?

That we'd be getting a statement from the Palace and not the tabloid if it were true.

I'm sure Verrett wanted to marry her the last couple of years as well.

Question: if ML doesn’t get permission, does marry, and does lose her place in the line of succession, does that affect only her, or also her daughters?

:previous:

I cannot see the article, so it is not clear to me whether Durek gave an interview to Se og Hør or if it is reporting his statements secondhand.

I believe the Palace would issue a statement if the princess and Mr. Verrett booked a wedding venue and set a firm wedding date in the next several months, but not necessarily so if there is only a tentative aspiration to marry sometime this year which is open to further delay.

Question: if ML doesn’t get permission, does marry, and does lose her place in the line of succession, does that affect only her, or also her daughters?

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/succession-rules-36181-2.html#post2450121

Last edited:
That we'd be getting a statement from the Palace and not the tabloid if it were true.

I'm sure Verrett wanted to marry her the last couple of years as well.

Only her, I believe. - Okay, apparently not. Thank you for the explanation in the other thread, Tatiana Maria! So if she married without the King's consent, she would forfeit not only her but also her daughters' rights to the throne. This would also cut the number of people in the line of succession from 7 to 3, which does not seem ideal.

I'm not convinced that this wedding will happen. I agree that Verrett would have married her during the last couple of years already, but will it happen? He's been announcing it for 2 years now, without an official announcement from the Royal Court, so I don't take it extremely seriously.

Personally, I think Märtha Louise will probably get permission from her father if she insists. But will she insist? Notably, ML has also not moved to the US yet...

There is still Ingrid Alexandra's 18th birthday gala dinner coming up and the King and Queen will celebrate their 85th birthdays. Since it's an engagement that's bound to create controversy, I doubt it would be announced before all that has passed... But Durek clearly can't wait for an official announcement to happen since he keeps announcing it himself :whistling::whistling:

Last edited:
Well, 3 is equal to the most Norway has had since 1905 (modern-day excepted), so while not ideal, it’s not unusual.

So the fact that Harald, who:
-is a pretty benevolent guy
-has a long history with controversial romances
-loves his family deeply
-is almost 85, has been dealing with multiple health issues and undoubtedly would just like some peace

-hasn’t just said “you know what? go ahead.” Suggests something is more complicated here… (or the wrath of Sonja is almighty. Who knows.)

Last edited:
Well, 3 is equal to the most Norway has had since 1905 (modern-day excepted), so while not ideal, it’s not unusual.

So the fact that Harald, who:
-is a pretty benevolent guy
-has a long history with controversial romances
-loves his family deeply
-is almost 85, has been dealing with multiple health issues and undoubtedly would just like some peace

-hasn’t just said “you know what? go ahead.” Suggests something is more complicated here… (or the wrath of Sonja is almighty. Who knows.)

I know, but the fact that they had no other heirs created huge pressure on Sonja to have children - and to have a boy back then. Which was a mental struggle, she has said so. So while it's not unusual for Norway, it creates even more pressure to have children than is the case for any monarch or heir anyhow.

And for any monarchy, I think it's good to have at least 7-10 people in the line of succession - just in case, to be on the safe side. And perhaps Märtha Louise also has some care for this, and the secure future of the monarchy & it is one of the reasons why she is not yet married to Durek Verrett. Or she might also not want to take their position from her daughters through no choice of their own...

I agree with what you said about Harald. The fact that he, as a very benevolent person and with the family history of marriages that were initially controversial, has probably not agreed to this one, does say a lot.

I think the fact remains, that even though it's a horrific thought and also rather unlikely, in a monarchy you always have to think about making the succession absolutely secure. I believe every monarchy has to unfortunately consider this and if the worst happened - a Prince Consort Durek is unthinkable.
While Harald was very accommodating when Haakon married Mette-Marit and Märtha Louise Ari Behn, Durek Verrett might really be pushing it. And number 4 is still too high up to easily let Märtha Louise marry someone just as controversial.

It's also notable that Durek Verrett was not invited to Ingrid Alexandra's Confirmation, while Marius' girlfriend Juliane Snekkestad was (so it was not because they wouldn't invite a partner without a formal engagement).

I also wonder if Verrett is trying to exert pressure on Märtha Louise and/ or her parents by continually announcing to the media that he will supposedly marry ML soon?
If we think about it: the King has most likely not approved this marriage yet. But he has to because of Märtha Louise's place in the line of succession, and if he doesn't, Märtha Louise has to decide whether she will defy him or not (a decision which does not only concern her relationship with Durek, but also her relationship with her parents, the security of the monarchy, her daughters' position and could increase pressure on her young niece to have her own heirs).
No doubt Durek is aware of all of this, so since he keeps announcing an engagement that must be approved by the King and most likely has not been, is he trying to pressure Märtha Louise or the King and Queen into making it happen?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom