Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...well as long as the person that he reminds you of is not Rasputin.. ;)

...well as long as the person that he reminds you of is not Rasputin.. ;)

I hardly think any of JA's characters are anywhere near Rasputin and I doubt if the Shaman is either. He's probalby greedy for money adn recognition..

I hardly think any of JA's characters are anywhere near Rasputin and I doubt if the Shaman is either. He's probalby greedy for money adn recognition..

When it comes to the Shaman and Jane Austen's characters, the comparison would have to be described by one term that I identify with Austen's works. Odious. I love that word. :D

This really fits into three different threads, but as I have decided to focus on Durek, it's placed here:

https://www.tv2.no/a/11936599/

ML has recently given a TV interview about how the death of Ari Behn was handled within the family and her future plans in regards to her and Durek.

The death of Ari Behn was a big shock for the family! He was very much a hands on dad and there for his children. Funny to be around and a good friend.
So apart from ML herself being very much affected by his death and the circumstances she was very busy helping her children, individually and together in coping with their father's death. And when her children had begun to recover and find their footing again, it was ML who went into a black hole.
ML explain that they got help from family, friends, psychologists and also Durek.
"When we got the message, we all went into shock. We couldn't cope with anything. It was running from one child to the other. He was the only one who managed to be there - to be present. He was very much there for the children, during that period. Him being there was very important."

ML express her pride in her oldest daughter giving the poignant speech at Ari Behn's funeral only a week later - and also the public impact the speech had, not least in regards to others who have experienced a suicide close up or who have been contemplating suicide.

She is asked whether she and Durek will eventually live in the same country.
"I hope so. Initially he wanted to move to Norway, but then he came to Norway and that wasn't exactly uber-cosy."

Will she move to USA then?
"Yes, it might be that we end up there after all."

- I may have missed this being mentioned somewhere in this thread, but this is new to me:
https://www.tv2.no/underholdning/11773734/

Durek has asked King Harald and Queen Sonja for ML's hand in marriage.
After having asked into his career-possibilities they accepted.
That happened late last year, at an appropriate length of time after the death of Ari Behn.

Durek explains that he intended to propose on several occasions. In Hawaii, at Disneyland and at Lake Tahoe - but that the spirits had told ML about it and thus spoiled the surprise.

All that according to an interview in Vanity Fair:
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/11/the-princess-and-the-shaman

----------------

So a marriage seems almost inevitable and I predict it will take place as soon as it is possible to arrange a big scale marriage after opening up from Corona.
Or alternatively the two of them will go through a small scale, intimate shamanistic wedding ceremony - of course well covered with cameras to be released after the announcement of their wedding.

As for Durek being there for the family and the children after Ari Behn's death. Well, I would certainly expect so, if Durek has any serious intentions regarding his and ML's relationship. If you love someone you are there for them. Period.
I hope he (also) genuinely does love ML and her children.
However, there is admittedly a little cynical voice in the back of my head pointing out that this was also a very good opportunity to really ingratiate himself into the family.

:previous: It was back in May of 2019 that these two professed their love for one another. Alot has happened since then but one thing that hasn't changed is their ongoing "love you, love you more" relationship. Martha Louise is 49 Sham is 46, perhaps the wedding bells will soon be ringing afterall. Isn't ML supposed to be starring in her own reality tv show coming out this year. I wonder if sham will be filming with her, sharing the spotlight. So much to look forward to with these two!:lol:

:previous: It was back in May of 2019 that these two professed their love for one another. Alot has happened since then but one thing that hasn't changed is their ongoing "love you, love you more" relationship. Martha Louise is 49 Sham is 46, perhaps the wedding bells will soon be ringing afterall. Isn't ML supposed to be starring in her own reality tv show coming out this year. I wonder if sham will be filming with her, sharing the spotlight. So much to look forward to with these two!:lol:

Their relationship seems to be very performative.

It's no surprise that ML might have guessed that he was going to propose if he kept taking her to gorgeous places like Lake Tahoe every time.

I do think someone maybe have told him/them that they shouldn't officially get engaged until a year after Ari's death at least and it sounds from her own admission that ML wasn't really in a good place to make big life changes last year. Not to mention her daughters, even if Durek really was a huge help to them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new TV series featured the proposal or at least exclusive footage of the before and after.

As for Norway not being "cosy" well we've had a lot of interesting discussions about that but ML's love life was always going to attract attention and intrusion no matter which off beat person she dated after Ari. In the US they can be more anonymous and still use her title to attract interest in their business ventures. Although it won't stop the Norwegian Press from discussing them.

That happened late last year, at an appropriate length of time after the death of Ari Behn.
According to Durek himself he already asked the king for her hand (and was given permission) at Christmas 2019... So, who are we to believe: Durek or Märtha Louise?

I wish her the best for the future. I just hope she wont have big regrets later. This must only be me , I just don't trust this man. It is her life.

[...]

Durek explains that he intended to propose on several occasions. In Hawaii, at Disneyland and at Lake Tahoe - but that the spirits had told ML about it and thus spoiled the surprise.

All that according to an interview in Vanity Fair:
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/11/the-princess-and-the-shaman

According to Durek himself he already asked the king for her hand (and was given permission) at Christmas 2019... So, who are we to believe: Durek or Märtha Louise?

The one mention I see in the interview of asking the King and Queen for their blessing dates it to Christmas 2019, just prior to Ari's death. The interview is not explicit about whether it was Durek or Märtha Louise who shared this information, although I read it as being Durek.

After that, everything shifted. The Hawaii trip became a time for mourning and healing, not celebration. Durek postponed a proposal—he had planned to do it at Disneyland, and then Lake Tahoe, but he says the spirits kept telling the princess of his plans, spoiling the surprise.

Durek had asked the king and queen for their blessing over Christmas, before the suicide. He says they said yes, after asking him about his career prospects.​

I wish her the best for the future. I just hope she wont have big regrets later. This must only be me , I just don't trust this man. It is her life.

Sham Durek is a real piece of work as evidenced by the consistent negative commentary on this thread. Martha Louise has made her choice, for now.

If this is true, why don't we see an engagement announcement ? What are they waiting for ?:eek:

I'm not a fan of Durek as a person but he and ML do seem to really love each other and ML deserves to be happy after the traumatic experience she had with losing Ari last year. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their relationship until/if he starts showing some red flags. I will still be very critical of his takes on Coronavirus and his Shamanic endeavours though!

No, it is not just you. I have had a "not so great" feeling about him since it first came out that they were dating.

How did you come to this conclusion? I don't recall anyone in this thread being excited about him and fully trusting the shaman... :whistling:

To Somebody post 1070. Haven't you ever met someone you feel very uncomfortable, being around this person?. Maybe all the things he puts on social media, and he tells he needs people to sign papers so he can touch them in places, of your body which are none of his business? Maybe it is because I am a victim of a sex crime. Maybe a combination of all of this.

To Somebody post 1070. Haven't you ever met someone you feel very uncomfortable, being around this person?. Maybe all the things he puts on social media, and he tells he needs people to sign papers so he can touch them in places, of your body which are none of his business? Maybe it is because I am a victim of a sex crime. Maybe a combination of all of this.

Yes, my bewilderment is about you thinking that you are the only one not trusting him - while as far as I can recall (and as I expressed in my previous post) EVERYONE on this thread has expressed reservations about the shaman (calling him a charlatan for example), i.e., it seems everyone shares your sentiment. Some might also have stressed that in the end it is up to the princess - just like you did - but nobody seems to think he is a great choice. So, hopefully you are strengthened by the thought that most at TRF feel the same.

Maybe I should have highlighted the 'This must only be me' in my quote of your post - but as my response was along the same lines as the one right above mine discussing that very same line and my explanation in the second sentence clearly pointed in that direction, I didn't think of it.

Last edited:
Things have been relatively quite between the couple on their social media pages. For example, the long declarations of love and admirations seems to have stopped. Have the couple gone their separate ways?

I don't think. She's miving to the usa when the virus comes down the number

Things have been relatively quite between the couple on their social media pages. For example, the long declarations of love and admirations seems to have stopped. Have the couple gone their separate ways?

Durek's back in LA, he left Norway right after Christmas. Here is a recent interview Martha did.

https://xjigavcwfy5z7g4pn6cwygwdue-...ersonlig-intervju-planlegger-flytting-til-usa

She says it's still in the cards to move to the US but doesn't know when they will see each other again. She has just completed filming her tv show "Martha" which is now apparently ready to air.

Last edited:
She says it's still in the cards to move to the US but doesn't know when they will see each other again. She has just completed filming her tv show "Martha" which is now apparently ready to air.

What are the comments about the tv show?

What are the comments about the tv show?

Does the link to her interview not work?

"Missing her boyfriend is just one of many personal topics Märtha talks about in her new documentary series "Märtha" on TV 2 , and which is the occasion for the interview."

"The agreement with TV 2 was entered into before the world was turned upside down - before Ari Behn took his own life , and before the corona hit the globe . The program did not get the best start, the princess admits."

Martha says she and her daughters were filmed closely for a year. "I set no limit, except that the children have had to decide for themselves what they want to say and participate in." Apparently Durek was included in some of the filming.

I glanced the Norwegian papers the other day, because a DK tabloid wrote about ML and Durek.
She has indeed confirmed that she intends to move to USA, presumably with Durek. (Wedding bells?)

What was also mentioned and which the Norwegian press found... noticeable... was that ML claimed that Durek had been blamed for the Ari Behn's suicide - which if true is indeed unfair. She had made it clear to Durek that he of course was not to blame at all. - The question is of course who blamed Durek. The Norwegian press? I very much doubt that! Someone in the public who commented on a page of theirs? That is hurtful and IMO plausible, but surely that must know that all sorts of weird comments are posted on social media?

So he became victim too? oh well. At least I never saw any blames toward him. :whistling:

If she decides to move to US then I am concerning her daughters. Maud is probably old enough to make any decisions for herself (and live independently if she wants to stay in anywhere she want), but how about the younger two?

Last edited:
why does she think anyone wants to see some kind of reality show about her?

I glanced the Norwegian papers the other day, because a DK tabloid wrote about ML and Durek.
She has indeed confirmed that she intends to move to USA, presumably with Durek. (Wedding bells?)

What was also mentioned and which the Norwegian press found... noticeable... was that ML claimed that Durek had been blamed for the Ari Behn's suicide - which if true is indeed unfair. She had made it clear to Durek that he of course was not to blame at all. - The question is of course who blamed Durek. The Norwegian press? I very much doubt that! Someone in the public who commented on a page of theirs? That is hurtful and IMO plausible, but surely that must know that all sorts of weird comments are posted on social media?

It might be that ML simply believes that people are blaming him, as yet another reason he isn't widely loved. :ermm:

Worse still, that might be what Verrett (has) suggested to her.

Well I recall reading here on this forum a few posters who insinuated that maybe seeing Martha Louise with Durek is what pushed Ari over the edge.
Martha Louise also made it clear that she didn't know how racist some Norwegians were until she started dating Durek.
So it's all entirely plausible .

So, no news on the media about her performance in that tv show?

Thank God ML refused to jump on the bandwagon and add her 2 cents on the Sussex Oprah interview.

I wish everyone had shown such restraint.:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom